PDA

View Full Version : Autopsy of Broncos RB Damien Nash

DenverChief
05-08-2007, 10:29 PM
still revealed no cause of his death....News just reported that he had no unnatural substances in his body and the heart condition they originally thought he might have died from was not evident during the autopsy.....bizzare

In the end, people will be left to draw their own conclusions on why Broncos running back Damien Nash died suddenly at age 24.

Nearly 2 1/2 months after Nash collapsed and died after a charity basketball game he hosted on Feb. 24, the autopsy report said the cause of death could not be determined.

"We did not find anything that we could attribute the cause of death to, although I believe it be of cardiac origin," said Dr. Mary Case, chief medical examiner of St. Louis County. "The death was of natural origin, not an unnatural death."

Case said no drugs or unnatural substances of any kind were found in Nash's system and that in "only 3 to 4 percent of cases" are autopsies unable to officially determine a cause of death.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_5847245

pikesome
05-08-2007, 10:37 PM
The heart is an awesome machine, it works so well, so often, people take it for granted. I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of those freak occurrences. Athletes push their bodies so far, maybe his heart just skipped a beat it shouldn't have.

|Zach|
05-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Thats tough, same experience with a good friend of mine who passed away just about a year ago. Healthy kid, great athlete....didnt drink...or do drugs.

He just didn't wake up one morning.

stevieray
05-08-2007, 10:57 PM
I had a cousin who was 6'2' 235 pounds , in excellent shape...He died of a heart attack on a treadmill at Gold's gym.

Forty years old.

HMc
05-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Yet Keith Richards lives.

listopencil
05-08-2007, 11:00 PM
I wish I knew what it was that killed him. I'm embarrassed to admit that I immediately thought of drug use, but I was wrong.

DenverChief
05-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Yet Fred Phelphs lives.

FYP :grr:

Halfcan
05-08-2007, 11:02 PM
sad seemed like a good kid

ClevelandBronco
05-08-2007, 11:32 PM
So the family is left with Damien and without an answer. Man, that's a sad ending to the story.

buddha
05-08-2007, 11:36 PM
It's a very sad story. Sometimes it is just a person's time to go...it's easier for those left behind to have an answer as to why it happened, but I guess it won't happen this time.

Bless you Damien...!

Demonpenz
05-08-2007, 11:45 PM
everything DOESN'T happen for a reason. Sometimes it just happens