PDA

View Full Version : Here's hoping the new 90 is better than the old 90

keg in kc
05-09-2007, 12:02 AM
I was just looking at the roster and noticed that one "Claude McBride" has been assigned 90.

I remember 5 years ago, when young Ryan Sims was given that that number, and the way that Carl Peterson was crowing during the radio show at the draft dinner about how he'd be the next Neil Smith.

I've noticed they're a little quieter about Turk wearing 90...

05-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Funny, when you posted the thread header I immediately thought of the old 90 being Smith. Sims who?

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2007, 12:05 AM
Let's just hope that Claude is not a "Clod". Hopefully, the guy can play football.

I never trust Carl when he refers to his "buddy" and lifelong friend at Tennessee (Phil Fulmer). I think Fulmer's a sh*tty coach and as highly touted as his teams have been in the past, he's had just as many NFL flops.

Color me skeptical about "Turk".

keg in kc
05-09-2007, 12:07 AM
I'd have to search to know for sure, but I believe my initial reaction to the Turk pick was disappointment that we'd signed a tweener who was too small to play tackle and too slow to play end. That didn't strike me as a particularly wise use of a 2nd.

Hopefully it turns out well.

I believe I loved the Sims pick at the time, although the guy I really wanted that year was Wendall Bryant. So history would indicate that I obviously know zilch, hehe.

RealSNR
05-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Also, Bowe took Hall's old number.

That's not really interesting, just saying. He could have had 83 (Gammon's old number). But for some reason 83 isn't a very popular number among starters. I wonder why that is.