PDA

View Full Version : Green Should Retire

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 07:49 AM
http://chiefs.scout.com/2/642845.html

Trent Green began his Chiefs’ career listening to the sound of boos – his 24-interception season in 2001 didn’t sit well with most fans.

It seems he will end his career in the same fashion, but this time the boos don’t emanate from the stands at Arrowhead Stadium. They echo in the hearts and minds of the fans who listened to Green rip the Chiefs on the radio last Friday.

Where did it all go wrong? You can blame Chiefs President Carl Peterson for being too hard-headed in negotiations with the Miami Dolphins. You can blame the Dolphins for giving Peterson a taste of his own medicine. Finally, you can blame Green for, well, pretty much blaming everyone except himself.

None of this really matters. Green is done in Kansas City. Apparently he’s got his heart set on South Florida as his next playing destination.

If you ask me, he ought to scope the place out as his retirement home.

Here’s the ugly truth no one has really been willing to accept so far – not the Chiefs (they want a draft pick), not the Dolphins (they want Green, sort of) and certainly not Green, who is anything but a quitter.

Trent Green should retire.

The writing was on the wall at the end of last season. It was evident when Green threw horrible, forced interceptions against the Baltimore Ravens and even more evident when he started tossing them right to linebackers and corners against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Green’s arm, what little he ever had, is gone. At 37, his legs have been gone for quite some time. And should he take another knock on the noggin, who knows where his brain might end up.

No one really wants Green. Despite Carl’s mushy speeches about Green being KC’s starting quarterback if the season started tomorrow, the Chiefs are more committed to second-year man Brodie Croyle who, according to Green himself, will receive 80 percent of the reps in training camp this year.

The Dolphins? Oh yeah, they’re practically lusting after Green. They’re so hot for him they offered up a whopping seventh-round pick in exchange for his services. When Peterson tried to get a fourth, they sat on their hands.

Evidently Cam Cameron and Terry Shea, for all their connections with their star pupil, would rather have a middle-round draft pick. How much do they really want him?

We’ll find out in a few months if they cave on their offer before training camp begins. If they stick with Cleo Lemon, Green might as well hang them up.

But let’s assume for a moment Miami ponies up Carl’s fourth-rounder and Green packs his bags for the land of hurricanes (another good reason to retire, by the way, as if Miami itself wasn’t a bad enough place to live). Retirement still might be Green’s best option.

Look at the Dolphins’ offensive line. Their best offensive tackle (Damion McIntosh) bolted to Kansas City this offseason. L.J. Shelton looks to be the odds-on-favorite to replace him in Miami, a risky proposition for Green considering Shelton started 11 games last season at right guard.

Didn’t Green just finish a season in which he played the role of a bowling pin for defenders rolling down Jordan Black alley? Why go to another team featuring another converted guard protecting your blindside?

It’s not just Shelton, either. That entire offensive line is easily worse than the one Green suffered behind in Kansas City last season. Sure, Joey Harrington was only sacked 15 times, but he’s one of those guys who would rather throw interceptions than get hit.

Green? He holds the ball, and holds it longer than he should. He always has. Look at what happened to Daunte Culpepper behind that Miami line last year – 21 sacks in four games.

For his own health, Green should avoid Miami. It’s too bad he wouldn’t accept Cleveland as a potential destination. With Joe Thomas playing Willie Roaf, Green might’ve looked halfway decent throwing to Kellen Winslow and Braylon Edwards.

But back to Miami. The offensive line might be the least of Green’s worries. 2001 was no picnic as we pointed out at the onset of this column – mostly due to the new offensive system the Chiefs were installing. Everyone was on the same page – the wrong one, while Green tried to teach everyone how to read.

In Miami, the same thing is happening at this very moment. Meanwhile, the Dolphins dumped their most dependable receiver this offseason (Wes Welker). Someone’s got to show the remaining fish (Marty Booker and Chris Chambers) how to swim.

Obviously the Dolphins want Green around to expedite this process. And given the fact that they drafted former BYU standout John Beck in the second round of this year’s NFL draft, clearly they’ve already handpicked their quarterback of the future.

So, Green goes to Miami, gets clobbered behind a patchwork offensive line, endures a season that quite possibly might be comparable to his worst, and is most likely cast aside for a younger, more talented quarterback in a year or two – or, even worse, is forced out due to another concussion or knee injury.

What’s the point?

MOhillbilly
05-10-2007, 07:51 AM
blah blah blah

Reerun_KC
05-10-2007, 07:51 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Green should do what Green wants.......

chagrin
05-10-2007, 07:53 AM
booooooring

Phobia
05-10-2007, 07:56 AM
Horrible.

NewChief
05-10-2007, 07:57 AM
Horrible.

and misinformed.

Fire Me Boy!
05-10-2007, 08:02 AM
GoChiefs... are you a glutton for punishment or what? Why subject yourself to this?

NewChief
05-10-2007, 08:07 AM
GoChiefs... are you a glutton for punishment or what? Why subject yourself to this?

He likes attention, whether it's negative or positive.

Easy 6
05-10-2007, 08:09 AM
I think you make a good point, in that, Trent IS gonna get hammered within an inch of his life behind a horrible O line...a horrible O line thats learning an entirely new system.

Most CHIEFS fans, including me, probably have taken exception to certain aspects of how he's handled this...but i would still hate to see him get terribly injured down there & that IS a distinct possibilty.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 08:10 AM

Feedback of any variety is beneficial.

MOhillbilly
05-10-2007, 08:11 AM
I think you make a good point, in that, Trent IS gonna get hammered within an inch of his life behind a horrible O line...a horrible O line thats learning an entirely new system.

Most CHIEFS fans, including me, probably have taken exception to certain aspects of how he's handled this...but i would still hate to see him get terribly injured down there & that IS a distinct possibilty.

you dumbass pussy. all CHIEFS fans know TRENT GREEN doesnt need a o-line.

Eleazar
05-10-2007, 08:12 AM
How are we going to get a 'surprising' compensation package of multiple picks for him if he retires? ROFL

Boring and well, horrible.

keg in kc
05-10-2007, 08:14 AM
I didn't look at anything but the final line, which I have to admit nicely sums up my thoughts about reading the whole thing.

Fire Me Boy!
05-10-2007, 08:16 AM
Feedback of any variety is beneficial.
Non-constructive criticism is not beneficial.

MOhillbilly
05-10-2007, 08:17 AM

raised without a father?

StcChief
05-10-2007, 08:18 AM
This is overplayed. Everyone knows Green is stop gap guy now....

Carl has rolled the dice Miami will poney up a conditional pick. I'm afraid GC is right. their O-line is horrible.

so Green plays bad, partially due to their line, gets banged again hard. doesn't finish season....

We might get a conditional 6-7th rounder in 2008.

Miami surprises everyone and finishes above .500 and we get a 4-5th?

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 08:19 AM

What doesn't kill me only makes me stronger.

Chiefsplanet is going to harden me into a veritable diamond. And I'm not talking about the girly thread.

keg in kc
05-10-2007, 08:20 AM
Chiefsplanet is going to harden me I think I speak for the entire Planet when I say that the idea of us making you hard is probably the one thing that could make me never log on again.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 08:21 AM
I didn't look at anything but the final line, which I have to admit nicely sums up my thoughts about reading the whole thing.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4622/mfemoticonvflamethrowerto0.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Frazod
05-10-2007, 08:25 AM
Green should have retired last year. I wish he'd just hang 'em up, move on to the broadcasting phase of his life and send his resume to CBS - I think he'd be great as Horse Face Sharpe's replacement.

Easy 6
05-10-2007, 08:28 AM
you dumbass pussy. all CHIEFS fans know TRENT GREEN doesnt need a o-line.

Thats true, i have been remiss in forgetting about the time Trent took out an entire company of VC with one well placed grenade & a machete.

He's a BAD man.

Reerun_KC
05-10-2007, 08:29 AM
Green should have retired last year. I wish he'd just hang 'em up, move on to the broadcasting phase of his life and send his resume to CBS - I think he'd be great as Horse Face Sharpe's replacement.

But if he can hang on for a couple more years, bank another 10 million plus. Why not?

We all would do it...

Hell look at Skip, He needs to retire, his performance dropped off several years ago and he is still clinging to the almighty dollar....

Kerberos
05-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Horrible.

So is he getting PAID for this gig writing for Athan?

Deberg_1990
05-10-2007, 08:39 AM

Two Words: Attention Whore

el borracho
05-10-2007, 08:41 AM
What is so wrong with this editorial? Which of these points are inaccurate?
* Green did rip the Chiefs organization
* Green has stated that he won't return to the Chiefs
* Green did play poorly last year
* Green is old for the NFL
* Green probably is more at risk for injury after his severe concussion
* The Chiefs do want to give Croyle a shot
* The Dolphins don't want Green that badly
* The Dolphins Oline is horrible
* Green does hold the ball longer than he should
* Miami is going to suck this year
* Miami did draft their QBOTF who will start in a year or two
* Miami will not win anything meaningful in the next year or two so
* What is the point of Green playing in Miami?

Donger
05-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Not your best effort, GoChiefs.

It's almost like you didn't want to write this.

Deberg_1990
05-10-2007, 08:44 AM
What is so wrong with this editorial? Which of these points are inaccurate?
* Green did rip the Chiefs organization
* Green has stated that he won't return to the Chiefs
* Green did play poorly last year
* Green is old for the NFL
* Green probably is more at risk for injury after his severe concussion
* The Chiefs do want to give Croyle a shot
* The Dolphins don't want Green that badly
* The Dolphins Oline is horrible
* Green does hold the ball longer than he should
* Miami is going to suck this year
* Miami did draft their QBOTF who will start in a year or two
* Miami will not win anything meaningful in the next year or two so
* What is the point of Green playing in Miami?

Green should do whatever the F*** he wants! Hes a grown man. Who is GoChiefs to tell him what to do?? You dont think Green and his family have already thought all of this through a hundred times???

Just a dumb, pointless column.

HemiEd
05-10-2007, 08:48 AM
I was doing fine until the fish/swimming stuff. :Lin: Other than that, it is pretty complete recap of what we already know about the situation.

el borracho
05-10-2007, 08:56 AM
Green should do whatever the F*** he wants! Hes a grown man. Who is GoChiefs to tell him what to do?? You dont think Green and his family have already thought all of this through a hundred times???

GoChiefs should write about whatever the F*** he wants! He's a grown man. Who is Deberg_1990 to tell him what to write about?? You don't think GoChiefs and his family have already thought all of this through one hundred times???

Just a dumb, pointless rant.

p.s.- you failed to list the points you disagree with (other than the author's right to an opinion). Is there something in the article you actually disagree with?

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 08:57 AM
GoChiefs should write about whatever the F*** he wants! He's a grown man. Who is Deberg_1990 to tell him what to write about?? You don't think GoChiefs and his family have already thought all of this through one hundred times???

Just a dumb, pointless rant.

LMAO

Donger
05-10-2007, 09:00 AM

I think that's a bit over the top. It's just GoChief's opinion.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 09:07 AM
It's just GoChief's opinion.

GoChiefs'

Donger
05-10-2007, 09:09 AM
GoChiefs'

ROFL

Indeed.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 09:09 AM
ROFL

Indeed.

When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the master.

Donger
05-10-2007, 09:14 AM
When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the master.

Is that from a movie?

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Is that from a movie?

It is uttered in this iconic scene:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/327/2667anewhope9le4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Donger
05-10-2007, 09:20 AM
It is uttered in this iconic scene:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/327/2667anewhope9le4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Cool. Lightsabres.

Reerun_KC
05-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Cool. Lightsabres.

UM? What is up with the Stars Wars geek stuff?

Donger
05-10-2007, 09:26 AM
UM? What is up with the Stars Wars geek stuff?

I don't understand your question.

Reerun_KC
05-10-2007, 09:27 AM
I was just asking, what is up with the star wars stuff and GoChiefs?

Donger
05-10-2007, 09:29 AM

Oh. Are you new or something?

Hammock Parties
Cool. Lightsabres.

"Sabers."

Fire Me Boy!
He's got a hard on for Luke.

And Obi-Wan.

And Vader.

And Han.

And Jabba.

And, yes, even Jar Jar.

Donger
05-10-2007, 09:31 AM
"Sabers."

Right. I forgot.

Litesabres.

jidar
05-10-2007, 09:32 AM
I liked the article.

For some reason amidst all of the talk about trading I completely forgot the possibility of Green retiring, and frankly that's a pretty good argument about why he should.

Mr. Laz
05-10-2007, 09:32 AM
He likes attention, whether it's negative or positive.
ding,ding,ding ..... we have a winner

he used to be a troll for attention, then he was uber negative and now he's over-the-top homer.

anything to get attention

Reerun_KC
05-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Oh. Are you new or something?
Nope... Just havent noticed him until recently...

Phobia
05-10-2007, 09:35 AM
It's one thing to make a post on a website stating Green should probably retire.

It's quite another to formulate an entire article around it.

jidar
05-10-2007, 09:42 AM
It's one thing to make a post on a website stating Green should probably retire.

I'm baffled by this argument. There must be some distinction here that I'm not seeing.

Either that or you guys are so used to bitching about Gochiefs it's your default position.

BigChiefFan
05-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Green turned into a selfish prick. I hope he rides the pine.

Donger
05-10-2007, 09:44 AM

Well, it was posted on a website, right?

Just seems like an op-ed piece to me.

Phobia
05-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Either that or you guys are so used to bitching about Gochiefs it's your default position.

Given that I'm often one of the few to encourage him, I'm pretty sure that I am exempt from that silliness.

el borracho
05-10-2007, 09:47 AM

Well, we are all classless and deranged.

I'm really vexed that this article is drawing such criticism. Is it really such a big deal to suggest that a player retire?

Donger
05-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Well, we are all classless and deranged.

I'm really vexed that this article is drawing such criticism. Is it really such a big deal to suggest that a player retire?

Ahem. I am NOT classless.

Reerun_KC
05-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Green turned into a selfish prick. I hope he rides the pine.

Wow, So what does that make Carl ????? His only care is butts in the seats and a .500 football team and coach... Promoting the joke of a playoff appearance last year by raising prices in support of that playoff team.

Green is smart and so is LJ, Just like Neil Smith... IF you want to play for or win a championship you need to get as far from Carl as you can...

el borracho
05-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Ahem. I am NOT classless.
How would you know? You're deranged!

el borracho
05-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Wow, So what does that make Carl ????? His only care is butts in the seats and a .500 football team and coach... Promoting the joke of a playoff appearance last year by raising prices in support of that playoff team.

Green is smart and so is LJ, Just like Neil Smith... IF you want to play for or win a championship you need to get as far from Carl as you can...
Miami is not going to win a championship in the next few years. I can think of only 3 reasons why Green would want to play in Miami: love of the game, money or pride.

HMc
05-10-2007, 10:05 AM
he's got 25 years ahead in the booth. right now the sensible thing is to play 2 more years and make 4 million more bucks.

Archie Bunker
05-10-2007, 10:14 AM

LMAO

NewChief
05-10-2007, 10:19 AM
he's got 25 years ahead in the booth. right now the sensible thing is to play 2 more years and make 4 million more bucks.

Not saying that this is necessarily a factor, but Miami would also expose him to a larger market and allow him to make further connections for broadcasting.

Eleazar
05-10-2007, 10:20 AM

By presenting this outlandish, silly critique that Carl only cares about ticket sales and isn't even trying to win, you set back the well reasoned anti-Carl movement that want to get a new general manager for perfectly legitimate reasons.

Any idiot knows that Carl is trying to win a super bowl. If he only cares about money, how much more money would the team make if the won the Super Bowl? "Carl doesn't care about winning" is moronic.

The problem is not that he doesn't try, it's that he has failed over and over.

Making us all look like dolts doesn't help the cause. It makes it look like reasonable people want to keep Carl and the people who want him gone are a kooky minority.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 10:30 AM

Are you calling me classless and deranged?

Phobia
05-10-2007, 10:38 AM
I just think it's bad form. I acknowledge I have strange ideas - maybe even flaky when it comes to journalism. I think that everything should be reported even if the Chiefs don't want it to get out. Nobody should be the Chiefs puppet. But I also don't think it's anybody's right to suggest when somebody should retire in some psuedo official manner, such as writing a piece for a published source. OTOH, I have no problem with rants on a message board. I know it's silly.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 10:43 AM
I just think it's bad form.

I figured that's where you were going. I admit it's a bit presumptuous.

Fire Me Boy!
05-10-2007, 10:48 AM
I don't find it bad form, it's obviously an op-ed piece. When you're in the public eye (such as Green is) you open yourself up to public criticism. He signed on for that with the very first contract he signed.

Donger
05-10-2007, 11:17 AM
But I also don't think it's anybody's right to suggest when somebody should retire in some psuedo official manner, such as writing a piece for a published source.

Psuedo official manner? That doesn't make any sense.

COchief
05-10-2007, 11:17 AM
I actually didn't hate this piece as most apparently did.

However the part about Miami being a shitty place to live. Are you considering that TG has probably at least 20-50 million? That means fat mansion on the beach, scarab at the dock, and a ferrari or two in the garage. I know Miami might suck for people like us, but if you have millions of dollars, I'd bet it kicks an unbelievable amount of ass.

Phobia
05-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Psuedo official manner? That doesn't make any sense.
It does to me. Heh.

He writes for a wannabe official Chiefs magazine. I consider that to be psuedo-official - just as I did when I wrote for them.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 11:23 AM
I know Miami might suck for people like us, but if you have millions of dollars, I'd bet it kicks an unbelievable amount of ass.

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/6408/scarfacephotoxlscarfacecl5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Phobia
I actually didn't hate this piece as most apparently did.

However the part about Miami being a shitty place to live. Are you considering that TG has probably at least 20-50 million? That means fat mansion on the beach, scarab at the dock, and a ferrari or two in the garage. I know Miami might suck for people like us, but if you have millions of dollars, I'd bet it kicks an unbelievable amount of ass.
Yeah, I saw that too. I'll bet most of their residents love their city much more than the residents of Houston or KC.

Donger
It does to me. Heh.

He writes for a wannabe official Chiefs magazine. I consider that to be psuedo-official - just as I did when I wrote for them.

Do they have any official connection with the Chiefs at all?

wockenbauss
05-10-2007, 11:24 AM
But let’s assume for a moment Miami ponies up Carl’s fourth-rounder and Green packs his bags for the land of hurricanes (another good reason to retire, by the way, as if Miami itself wasn’t a bad enough place to live).

Yeah... year round sunshine, pristine beaches, the most gorgeous women in the entire country, and no state income tax - make Miami a HORRIBLE place to live. Like Green can't afford to stay out of the Dade county slums... and hiring someone to board-up his windows once every other year is a hardship. LOL

Cow town sensibilities. :)

Look at the Dolphins’ offensive line. Their best offensive tackle (Damion McIntosh) bolted to Kansas City this offseason.

LMAO!!! Man this is too rich.... Damion McIntosh was nowhere near our best tackle last season - and he received a heck of a lot less attention from the Dolphins in free agency than Trent Green is getting from them now. Very quietly, former first round draft pick Vernon Carey had a near pro-bowl level effort at RT in 2006 - and will be moved to LT. He was doing a fine job at LT in preseason in 2005... but was moved to RT when Saban's gamble on Stockar McDougal blew up, and McIntosh could only play LT.

L.J. Shelton looks to be the odds-on-favorite to replace him in Miami, a risky proposition for Green considering Shelton started 11 games last season at right guard.

Shelton MIGHT be our RT... a position he should be a good fit in, given his massive size - and the fact that he will see far fewer speed rushers at that position. Shelton had a very good year at RG last season... but he's always been a tackle, and its time to quit trying to make him be what he isn't (a LT), and see how good he can be at RT (which IMHO he should have been playing all along).

Why go to another team featuring another converted guard protecting your blindside?

Since when is Green left handed??? Beyond that... Shelton has ALWAYS been a tackle, and only played G last year because Miami had injuries to 6 different players at the Guard position last year.

It’s not just Shelton, either. That entire offensive line is easily worse than the one Green suffered behind in Kansas City last season.

I think you are just F.O.S. my friend. LOL Hudson Houck is perhaps the best O-Line coach in the business... and while he hasn't had an abundance of talent to work with - Miami's offensive line has been well above average both years of Houck's term, and this years version should be his best yet. The biggest problem in Miami last season (and every season since 2000) was at QB... and that problem was exacerbated by having a moron OC (Mike Mularky) trying to run an offense that wasn't his own (Scott Linehan's). Saban should have been fired the moment he conceived of that offensive strategy.

Sure, Joey Harrington was only sacked 15 times, but he’s one of those guys who would rather throw interceptions than get hit.

Barbara Streisand! Harrington is NOT a guy who would rather throw interceptions than get hit... he's one of those guys that couldn't hit the same place twice if he was dropping a ball from a distance of 2 inches over the target. Joey had 15 INT's last season.... but honestly I can't remember him being really pressured on ANY! I can remember several where he threw 8 yard passes (about the limit of Harrington's range where he can still get the ball within 3 yards of the target) about 212 MPH and the resultant ricochet was intercepted. Joey wasn't trying to avoid getting hit... he's just an inaccurate QB.

Green? He holds the ball, and holds it longer than he should. He always has. Look at what happened to Daunte Culpepper behind that Miami line last year – 21 sacks in four games.

I haven't watched Trent Green nearly as much as you guys have... but on the occasions I have, he certainly didn't EVEN compare to the amount of time Daunte Culpepper holds the ball IMO. Culpepper was used to running around back there for days and buying time to throw the ball... and he simply could not move last season. Period. Even someone with your obvious agenda has to admit that Culpepper getting sacked 21 times in 4 games... and Harrington 15 in the other 12 doesn't exactly implicate the offensive line as the biggest culprit.

For his own health, Green should avoid Miami. It’s too bad he wouldn’t accept Cleveland as a potential destination. With Joe Thomas playing Willie Roaf, Green might’ve looked halfway decent throwing to Kellen Winslow and Braylon Edwards.

You take the cake my friend. LOL Miami's O-Line sucks according to you... but the Browns taking Joe Thomas in this years draft is going to fix EVERYTHING with their O-Line which surrendered 54 sacks last year?!?!?!?! Come on!! Poor old Charlie Frye LOST 262 yards in sacks last season... and Charlie IS mobile! LMFAO!!!

What’s the point?

The point is that it's TRENT GREEN's career.... not Chiefs fans, and I think it's pretty sad that fans would rather shove the guy into retirement - than feel like they didn't get enough in trade for him. Really sad.

Donger
05-10-2007, 11:25 AM
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/6408/scarfacephotoxlscarfacecl5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I don't know why, but.... Very NSFW.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/th4su1NDu0g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/th4su1NDu0g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Phobia
05-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Do they have any official connection with the Chiefs at all?

No. Hence, "wannabe".

Donger
05-10-2007, 11:29 AM
No. Hence, "wannabe".

IMO, it doesn't matter what they wannabe. What matters is what the Chiefs want and how they view them. If this were posted on kcchiefs.com, I would agree that it would be bad form. Since it is not, I don't.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 11:30 AM
And here come the Dolphin trolls.

blueballs
05-10-2007, 11:33 AM
to prevent starting another thread I will ask here
Has there been any QB who played with better RBs
Faulk - Holmes - Johnson
They most def made Green a better QB
Brown - eh

Easy 6
05-10-2007, 11:34 AM
Donger, that is THE funniest shizz i've seen in a VERY long time. Brilliant.

wockenbauss
05-10-2007, 11:38 AM

I don't consider myself a troll... and if you don't want me here (I'll be glad to leave).

In the meantime, I'll continue to call BULLSHIT anytime someone who obviously has ZERO knowledge of the Miami Dolphins attempts to "analyze" them with an obvious agenda in mind.

Eleazar
05-10-2007, 11:40 AM
The reason why these 'columns' induce a chuckle from me is that they basically are nothing more than rants on a message board.

GoChiefs doesn't have any connection to the team. He doesn't attend press conferences, he doesn't sit in the press box, he doesn't ask the players questions or know any more than the rest of us do. He regurgitates quotes from the AP and puts together basically a post like you'd see on CP or anyplace else.

Then he comes over here with a link to his prestigious "magazine", and once in a while will allude to "I get paid to do this".

If you're just joe somebody in your parents' basement 1000 miles from Arrowhead, your only skill is trying to imitate Whitlock's style, and you don't have any sporting or journalistic expertise at all... why come with that? Why make yourself out like some coveted, expert sports reporter who is making a living beating trails around Arrowhead?

It's the same reason I chuckle whenever I see Nick Athan on TV. Jack Harry, the clueless rube, thinks that Nick descended from Mount Olympus and would lick the sweat rolling off his sack under the TV lights in hopes that it contained some salty morsel of information. (Or nicotine) You can't respect someone who passes themselves off as something they aren't.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Hey wockebauss...do you think Miami will pony up the 4th-round pick?

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 11:42 AM
He regurgitates quotes from the AP

Wrong.

Eleazar
05-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Wrong.

So when you put quotes in an article, where did they come from, and how does it not amount to regurgitation?

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 11:47 AM
By the way, Cochise, the last thing on this planet that I want to be is a sports reporter. I'm embarrassed by the notion that you think I'd try to pass myself off as one.

Phobia
05-10-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't consider myself a troll... and if you don't want me here (I'll be glad to leave).

In the meantime, I'll continue to call BULLSHIT anytime someone who obviously has ZERO knowledge of the Miami Dolphins attempts to "analyze" them with an obvious agenda in mind.

You're not a troll. I rather enjoyed your contribution to this thread and it had zero to do with my agenda.

Opposing fans are critical to message communities. How else are we supposed to learn about the other teams? We certainly don't spend as much time watching the team as you do.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 11:49 AM
But thanks for reading. :D

Donger
05-10-2007, 11:50 AM

He doesn't seem like a troll.

wockenbauss
05-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Hey wockebauss...do you think Miami will pony up the 4th-round pick?

I don't think so GoChiefs. I think if they were going to, they would have already done it.

In Green interview the other day the host asked him if he felt like he was in the middle of a pissing match between Mueller/Peterson... and Green said maybe. I don't think there is a history between those two (and from where I'm sitting the Surtain thing turned out fairly even so far)... I honestly think it's two guys with a serious disagreement over the value of a player.

Mueller and the Dolphins honestly think a 37 year old Trent Green wasn't worth more than a 6th round pick... and Peterson thinks he worth a 4th. I just don't think this thing gets solved in any way quickly. Mueller just WILL NOT move off a value once he's assigned one to a player (and I speak with having dealt with Mueller on both ends... he dealt Ricky Williams to us from the Saints several years ago) - and Carl Peterson strikes me the same way.

Whats worse, I think the Dolphins feel like their motivation to send any pick for Green is melting away with the passing days. Since they know Green wants to be in Miami (has refused to talk/negotiate with any other team)... and Green has already missed two of the teams mini-camps - I'm starting to get the feeling Mueller won't trade anything for him on the chance he'll get cut. While some fans here seem to think the closer to the season we get the higher Trent's value is to the Dolphins... I think the Dolphins feel the exact opposite (why spend a pick since he can't be here early?).

Whats plan B you ask??? I'm sure you'll giggle here... but I think it may in fact be Cleo Lemon. Cameron praised him to high heavens during this last mini-camp... and I've read several scout opinions recently which suggest they feel like Lemon can and will develop into a starting NFL QB. I wish Saban would have let Lemon play more last season (especially after it became clear Joey Harrington wasn't some diamond who was just covered in Detroit dirt for 4 years). Lemon played well last year, and the fact he had Miami within 5 points of the World Champion Indianapolis Colts in the last game of the year opened a few eyes.

Beyond that, there's the ever healthier Culpepper... and a new wildcard in 2nd rounder John Beck from BYU. I really like what I've researched on Beck.... but despite his maturity, I'm a firm believer in giving a rookie QB at least one year to watch and learn.

In any case... here we sit. I'm not sure this thing can be worked out at this point.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 12:14 PM
I don't think so GoChiefs. I think if they were going to, they would have already done it.

So Miami's going to start the season with Cleo Lemon? Because I can tell you right now, there's no way Carl releases Trent Green.

What I don't understand is why the Dolphins signed Joey Porter if they didn't intend to compete now. They're sending mixed signals.

Phobia
05-10-2007, 12:17 PM
So Miami's going to start the season with Cleo Lemon? Because I can tell you right now, there's no way Carl releases Trent Green.

Bull. He'll release him in final cuts rather than pay the big paycheck.

At that time his value to any team will be pretty low considering he hasn't gone through their camp, but Miami will pick him up anyway considering all their staff and likely similar terminology/playbook.

NewChief
05-10-2007, 12:17 PM

What I don't understand is why the Dolphins signed Joey Porter if they didn't intend to compete now. They're sending mixed signals.

The same reason we resigned Tony Gonzalez when we're not intending to compete now.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 12:25 PM
The same reason we resigned Tony Gonzalez when we're not intending to compete now.

Oh, I disagree. I think the Chiefs want to win now.

wockenbauss
05-10-2007, 12:26 PM

If I had to bet right now (given that Green won't be there)... my guess would be Lemon.

If Culpepper is healthy he could surprise though.

Here's a few quotes from draft "expert" Russ Lande regarding the Dolphins QB situation (note - he's a big fan of John Beck):

http://www.phins.com/draft-07/russ_post_interview.html

Phins.com: Does the holdup for acquiring Trent Green help Culpepper buy time to show what he can possibly do?

Russ: I think so, and I also think with the timetable it'd give Beck a chance. He's going to be the only real guy to throw the ball. Cleo Lemon is nice and all but when they get to see Beck throw, they may make the decision right there that they may not even want Trent Green. When they finally get to see him throw in personal, he's a veteran guy in terms on coming out of college. He'll be 26, so maturity's not an issue. Smarts is not an issue. They could say, "Look, we don't need Trent Green. Beck can be our starting quarterback."

Phins.com: On Draft Day, every prospect gets a "highlight film" where they all look really good. For once wouldn't you like to see a film showing how prospects against their toughest opponents? A possible, "lowlight film" of sorts?

Russ: Beck has done well against almost every opponent he's gone against. He's a remarkably good quarterback.

Phins.com: And Quinn?

Russ: Well, just about any time you get guys in his face he struggled and that was a big issue. Quarterbacks who've struggled with pressure around them usually don't succeed in the NFL. That's definitely a concern.

Phins.com: Cameron mentioned that an accurate quarterback can be taught to be more accurate but that he has yet to have any luck trying to teach an inaccurate quarterback to be accurate.

Russ: That's very true. That's very, very true. I've never seen inaccurate quarterbacks become accurate in the NFL.

Phins.com: "Make all the throws" is a phrase you didn't hear as far as this year's quarterback draft.

Russ: I don't think you heard it because there really weren't any guys who were highly rated with a very weak arm. There was nobody that you really had that issue with because nobody also that had a questionable arm that played in an offense that didn't let you show it. Kevin Kolb played in a terrible offense for showing your arm, but even on the one throw a game, you saw he had a rocket for an arm whereas every other quarterback, Beck, Quinn, Russell, they all had to make all the throws regularly so they showed that they had the arm. I really think Beck is very similar to Brees and very similar to Bulger and that's why I think he'll be perfect for Cam Cameron in my opinion. He'll put up some big numbers whether it's this year or a year from now when he gets the starting job.

Cam Cameron, I think that people have to remember - this guy knows how to tailor an offense around his players. He won't force his players into his offense, so he's going to make it work around Beck's strengths or whoever is the quarterback. Also, don't forget that if Culpepper does shows up healthy and goes through the training camp and everything, don't be shocked if he comes in and has a good year as a starter because Cameron is very good at molding the offense around the players, not forcing the players into his offense. He's really a good coach that way. Very few do that and he does an outstanding job at it.

You feel for Culpepper because he's a good guy. He's not a bad guy at all. He gets a little bad rep from the media but he is actually a very decent person and a hard working guy. So I think when he gets his chance and he's healthy again whether it's Miami or somewhere else I really do believe he really will become a good quarterback again in the NFL.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Interesting stuff....poor Green. Nobody really wants the guy.

wockenbauss
05-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Interesting stuff....poor Green. Nobody really wants the guy.

I don't know that that is the case... I think Mueller/Cameron would still like to sign Green, but I just can't see them trading more than a 6th (maybe 5th) rounder for him. Mueller and Peterson may be the two most stubborn GM's in the entire league... and I honestly can't see any neat and friendly way this whole issue can be completed.

You have to keep in mind that the recent history of trading for QB's in Miami is also working against a deal. A 2nd for AJ Feeley by Wannstedt/Speilman.... A 2nd for Daunte Culpepper by Saban, and a 5th for Joey Harrington also by Saban. Mueller and Cameron have made every effort this year to appear different from the recently departed Nick Saban regime. Saban was criticized by the local media for his severe restrictions regarding the press... Mueller/Cameron rolled out a new relaxed media policy. Wannstedt and Saban refused to draft a QB in Miami for YEARS... Mueller/Cameron personally worked out every QB in this draft and selected John Beck with their 2nd rounder.

As much as I think Cameron would like to have Green in Miami.... I think he and Mueller will be VERY conscious of not appearing to over-pay for another QB trade acquisition.

It ain't fair, and it ain't right.... but it is what it is.

I feel bad for Green really... caught between a rock and hard place.

go bo
05-10-2007, 12:44 PM
The reason why these 'columns' induce a chuckle from me is that they basically are nothing more than rants on a message board.

GoChiefs doesn't have any connection to the team. He doesn't attend press conferences, he doesn't sit in the press box, he doesn't ask the players questions or know any more than the rest of us do. He regurgitates quotes from the AP and puts together basically a post like you'd see on CP or anyplace else.

Then he comes over here with a link to his prestigious "magazine", and once in a while will allude to "I get paid to do this".

If you're just joe somebody in your parents' basement 1000 miles from Arrowhead, your only skill is trying to imitate Whitlock's style, and you don't have any sporting or journalistic expertise at all... why come with that? Why make yourself out like some coveted, expert sports reporter who is making a living beating trails around Arrowhead?

It's the same reason I chuckle whenever I see Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan on TV. Jack Harry, the clueless rube, thinks that Nick descended from Mount Olympus and would lick the sweat rolling off his sack under the TV lights in hopes that it contained some salty morsel of information. (Or nicotine) You can't respect someone who passes themselves off as something they aren't.tmi! tmi! tmi! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Deberg_1990
05-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Oh, I disagree. I think the Chiefs want to win now.

They always will with Carl. He will never completely let the team go into the tank (full rebuilding mode).

This team is still full of stars and potential future stars.

LJ
Gonzalez
Law
Surtain
DJ
Pollard
Page
D Edwards
Kennison
Waters
Bowe
Croyle (God lets hope so)

BigChiefFan
05-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Green and his agent played this completely wrong, so they're going to have to live with their mistake. Green will rot on the bench this year before Carl will give him away for nothing.

wockenbauss
05-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Green and his agent played this completely wrong, so they're going to have to live with their mistake. Green will rot on the bench this year before Carl will give him away for nothing.

Could be... Peterson definitely strikes me as stubborn, though paying Green to sit for a year would set a new standard for that! LOL

I'd have to think every time the Chiefs are in a competitive situation for signing a free agent though.... an opposing team is going to start singing to the player about how the Chiefs ruined the end of Trent Green's career after Green played his guts out for them for 6 years.

As many times as you hear free agents talking about how "the money" or contract was the same at both places he visited... and such-and-such just felt like a better situation for him - you have to keep in mind how your team is perceived around the league.

Just my opinion.

Kclee
05-10-2007, 01:05 PM
I'd have to think every time the Chiefs are in a competitive situation for signing a free agent though.... an opposing team is going to start singing to the player about how the Chiefs ruined the end of Trent Green's career after Green played his guts out for them for 6 years.

It's not like the Chiefs are the only team to do such things. Just ask McNabb. (or countless other players)

kcxiv
05-10-2007, 01:11 PM
this article was just horrible. Read half of it n said wtf is this crap.

Reerun_KC
05-10-2007, 01:23 PM

Wouldnt that be considered copyrighted material or GoChiefs is the master at plagerism?

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 01:54 PM
I believe I've already answered that question.

J Diddy
05-10-2007, 01:58 PM
my sources tell me Trent Green is going to be the first man to land on Mars

I think we have the same sources.

Direckshun
05-10-2007, 02:04 PM
I thought the article was very good.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 02:05 PM
I thought the article was very good.

No autographs.

wockenbauss
05-10-2007, 02:13 PM
It's not like the Chiefs are the only team to do such things. Just ask McNabb. (or countless other players)

Other than Marcus Allen and the Raiders.... I don't know that I've ever heard of a team paying a player to sit the bench out of spite (and Allen played a lot in relief anyway).

Must be an AFC West thing. LOL

Mile High Mania
05-10-2007, 02:16 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Otter
05-10-2007, 02:20 PM

I think a close up of a german sheppard's shaved asshole passing gas every once in awhile would be a great replacement for Shannon Sharpe.

Easy 6
05-10-2007, 02:23 PM
I think a close up of a german sheppard's shaved asshole passing gas every once in awhile would be a great replacement for Shannon Sharpe.

... ROFL ...

HemiEd
05-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Could be... Peterson definitely strikes me as stubborn, though paying Green to sit for a year would set a new standard for that! LOL

As many times as you hear free agents talking about how "the money" or contract was the same at both places he visited... and such-and-such just felt like a better situation for him - you have to keep in mind how your team is perceived around the league.

Just my opinion.

Carl actually treated Green too well, he gave him too much respect. He should not have turned him loose on his own to do the negotiating. Secondly, before you fill a bathtub full of tears for Trent Green, he probably has around 30 million of the Chiefs payroll in his bank account.

boogblaster
05-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Write him a nice check and cut him .....

wockenbauss
05-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Carl actually treated Green too well, he gave him too much respect. He should not have turned him loose on his own to do the negotiating.

Having just seen the Joey Harrington situation play out the previous year, I made this same point to several Chiefs fans when it became clear that the only holdup to a deal was compensation between the teams. I was told that Green and Peterson had a special relationship... and that Green just wasn't the kind of guy who would screw over the Chiefs.... and that Green wanted to retire in KC... and that basically I was WRONG on the issue (if not entirely stupid).

If your not really eager and willing to pay a contract on a guy your trying to trade... you should NEVER let that player talk with another team until trade compensation is worked out between the teams. Otherwise you end up like this situation (and Joey Harrington last year). I was shocked that an experienced GM like Peterson (having just seen Matt Millen get burned the previous season in the same manner) let this happen.

Secondly, before you fill a bathtub full of tears for Trent Green, he probably has around 30 million of the Chiefs payroll in his bank account.

So? Is 30 million dollars going to buy Trent Green another year or two worth of health and stamina to play professional football, when/if the Chiefs decide they'll let his career continue?? Was Trent Green not worth the money he's earned from the Chiefs over the last 6 years??? Did he fail to perform in some manner that hurt the team, yet didn't allow the Chiefs to waive/cut him - as they can do to any player under contract at any time????

I could see your argument if we're talking about Ryan Leaf here... where a guy just basically stole 10+ million from a team, but thats not Trent Green is it?

Green thinks he has a year or two left as a starter, and he wants to go somewhere where he'll get that opportunity. For the Chiefs to deny a 37 year old veteran that opportunity is pretty harsh IMHO. They are basically dictating to the player how his career in this league will end.

Even though I would have hated it personally, if Dan Marino had wanted to go play for Minnesota for a year or two at the end of his career.... I was very proud of the Dolphins organization which told Dan that if he had the opportunity, and wanted to go play for the Vikings - that they would release him. Classy organization... enough so that Marino decided he'd rather retire a Dolphin.

Again... just my opinion.

HemiEd
05-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Having just seen the Joey Harrington situation play out the previous year, I made this same point to several Chiefs fans when it became clear that the only holdup to a deal was compensation between the teams. I was told that Green and Peterson had a special relationship... and that Green just wasn't the kind of guy who would screw over the Chiefs.... and that Green wanted to retire in KC... and that basically I was WRONG on the issue (if not entirely stupid).

If your not really eager and willing to pay a contract on a guy your trying to trade... you should NEVER let that player talk with another team until trade compensation is worked out between the teams. Otherwise you end up like this situation (and Joey Harrington last year). I was shocked that an experienced GM like Peterson (having just seen Matt Millen get burned the previous season in the same manner) let this happen..

No question, Carl screwed up the way I see it. He made a mistake that you wouldn't think a man with his experience would make. Trent projected an image that even fooled old Carl Peterson. Carl should have told him STFU and STFD like he does most of the rest of them. I am guessing he won't make that mistake again.
As far as the Miami negotiations go, Miami would not budge on Surtain, period. What goes around, comes around.

So? Is 30 million dollars going to buy Trent Green another year or two worth of health and stamina to play professional football, when/if the Chiefs decide they'll let his career continue?? Was Trent Green not worth the money he's earned from the Chiefs over the last 6 years??? Did he fail to perform in some manner that hurt the team, yet didn't allow the Chiefs to waive/cut him - as they can do to any player under contract at any time????

I could see your argument if we're talking about Ryan Leaf here... where a guy just basically stole 10+ million from a team, but thats not Trent Green is it?

Green thinks he has a year or two left as a starter, and he wants to go somewhere where he'll get that opportunity. For the Chiefs to deny a 37 year old veteran that opportunity is pretty harsh IMHO. They are basically dictating to the player how his career in this league will end.

Even though I would have hated it personally, if Dan Marino had wanted to go play for Minnesota for a year or two at the end of his career.... I was very proud of the Dolphins organization which told Dan that if he had the opportunity, and wanted to go play for the Vikings - that they would release him. Classy organization... enough so that Marino decided he'd rather retire a Dolphin.

Again... just my opinion.
I have no argument that Trent didn't earn his money, however I take exception with the arguement that the team owes him anything or did him wrong in any way. They paid him very well, gave up a lot for him and surrounded him with the best environment they could.
Trent really shit in his nest with that interview last week, IMO. He had already messed it up pretty bad by refusing to negotiate with other teams.

So in the end, he is just another spoiled athlete with a lot of money. He no longer wears a Super Man's cape, like the image he projected.

Oh, and the Dan Marino comparison is not the same IMO. Trent played for several teams, he was not a team lifer like Marino. Tony G. would probably be the closest on the Chiefs to fitting that mold, you saw how Carl treated him.

wockenbauss
05-10-2007, 04:29 PM
No question, Carl screwed up the way I see it. He made a mistake that you wouldn't think a man with his experience would make. Trent projected an image that even fooled old Carl Peterson. Carl should have told him STFU and STFD like he does most of the rest of them. I am guessing he won't make that mistake again.

Yeah... I was shocked. In fact I believed for a long while that the Dolphins and Chiefs DID have an agreement in place, and then Peterson backed out of it when he saw the bounty that Schaub brought Atlanta in trade.

As far as the Miami negotiations go, Miami would not budge on Surtain, period. What goes around, comes around.

Miami budged... we swapped 5th rounders didn't we?

I have no argument that Trent didn't earn his money, however I take exception with the arguement that the team owes him anything or did him wrong in any way. They paid him very well, gave up a lot for him and surrounded him with the best environment they could.

They haven't yet. But if they plan on forcing him to ride the pine in KC over the difference between a 4th and 6th round draft pick... I can't see how you justify it. IMHO thats nothing but ego and spite. As you said... what goes around, comes around.

Trent really shit in his nest with that interview last week, IMO. He had already messed it up pretty bad by refusing to negotiate with other teams.

I thought he was prety reasonable in comparison to other guys I've heard spout off about their situations. He seemed respectful of Peterson, the team, and of fans... and just seemed to me to want to explain to the fans what his thinking was.

As for refusing to negotiate with other teams... he isn't doing anything any other player in the league would: just exerting what little control he has over the situation to obtain the outcome he wants. How can you blame a guy that doesn't want to spend the last year or two of his career in a meat grinder like Detroit or Cleveland playing out the string?

So in the end, he is just another spoiled athlete with a lot of money. He no longer wears a Super Man's cape, like the image he projected.

You call a guy spoiled because he isn't ready to be a backup, and doesn't want to end his career carrying a clipboard? Thats rough dude. If thats spoiled... what do you call players like Ray Lewis, Michael Vick, and Terrel Owens???

Oh, and the Dan Marino comparison is not the same IMO. Trent played for several teams, he was not a team lifer like Marino. Tony G. would probably be the closest on the Chiefs to fitting that mold, you saw how Carl treated him.

1.) I didn't mean it as a direct comparison. In fact, a Cheifs fan made the comparison first to me... and while I agree its not the exact situation - its pretty similar.

2.) Tony G. isn't at that crossroads yet.

Mile High Mania
05-10-2007, 05:20 PM
I really hope that KC pushes the best QB off their roster...

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 05:23 PM
I really hope that KC pushes the best QB off their roster...

Green isn't the best quarterback on the roster anymore. He's done. Finito. Case closed. Past his prime. Has-been. Washed up. Out to pasture.

He'll go out like Brad Johnson...

kstater
05-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Heh, maybe another metaphor might of helped. :)

Easy 6
05-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Its coytins for ya i say...see???

Logical
05-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Whoever wrote that POS article is nuts. Green would give up the remainder of his pro-rated signing bonus if he were to retire. No way he is going to do that especially when he feels he can still play. I find it funny that the Chiefs homers are so self delusional about this whole issue. I sure would not give up millions to avoid fan reaction, especially if it allowed me to screw Carl Peterson. I say three cheers to Trent for bending ole Carl Peterson over and giving him two knuckles worth. Nobody deserves it more than Carl.

Chiefnj2
05-10-2007, 05:35 PM
He should not have turned him loose on his own to do the negotiating.

He had no choice if he wanted to try to get a draft pick for a player he has no plans for in the future.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Green would give up the remainder of his pro-rated signing bonus if he were to retire.

I didn't say he WILL retire...only that I think he SHOULD.

Slick32
05-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Horrible.

This same shhit is posted on his home board by someone with a name resembling the post starter.

Didn't some crossover stuff like this happen in the recent past?

Slick32
05-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Green isn't the best quarterback on the roster anymore. He's done. Finito. Case closed. Past his prime. Has-been. Washed up. Out to pasture.

He'll go out like Brad Johnson...

That comment is pure "d" :BS:

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 05:59 PM
This same shhit is posted on his home board by someone with a name resembling the post starter.

Didn't some crossover stuff like this happen in the recent past?

I don't understand your comment. Is there something wrong with cross posting?

J Diddy
05-10-2007, 06:15 PM
I didn't say he WILL retire...only that I think he SHOULD.

Oh well if you think he should................

BTW who are you?

Slick32
05-10-2007, 06:30 PM
I don't understand your comment. Is there something wrong with cross posting?

As long as you aren't pimping the other board I guess not. I'd guess that most people would "STAY HOME"

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 06:31 PM
As long as you aren't pimping the other board I guess not. I'd guess that most people would "STAY HOME"

Chiefsplanet is my home.

Slick32
05-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Chiefsplanet is my home.

Then why are writing for the other board? Practice?

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Then why are writing for the other board? Practice?

I like money.

Chiefsplanet doesn't publish content anyway.

Slick32
05-10-2007, 06:40 PM
I like money.

Chiefsplanet doesn't publish content anyway.

Try getting a job! The pay there can't be enough to cover the time you put into it.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 06:42 PM
You're an interesting n00b.

Slick32
05-10-2007, 06:46 PM
You're an interesting n00b.

considering the number of posts you have you are either very old or a knappy haired post hoe.

Me a n00b? I've been here since February. Isn't a n00b like 30 days or less?

Hammock Parties
05-10-2007, 06:49 PM
If you have to ask, you're a n00b.

Slick32
05-10-2007, 06:51 PM

Why are you wasting your time and mine responding? With a scad over 300 posts don't you think I might actually know that I'm a n00b? Search for a clue, will ya?

Frazod
05-10-2007, 07:00 PM

To me, people who have been here since September of 2000 are n00bs.

n00b. :harumph:

Hammock Parties
06-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Finally.

Dartgod
06-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Man, you sure called this one. :thumb:

Mile High Mania
06-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Wow... 2 years ahead of the curve on this breaking news.

kstater
06-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Man, you sure called this one. :thumb:

Predicting a player in his late 30's retiring is an awesome feat. Got within 2 years also.

Hammock Parties
06-12-2009, 04:25 PM
There was no prediction. Only a recommendation.

RNR
06-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Predicting a player in his late 30's retiring is an awesome feat. Got within 2 years also.

LMAO No shit! I was thinking the same thing. But this is the guy who hangs with the clown who said things were lined up for Favre to come to KC and they would make the playoffs and contend for much more last season LMAO

Phobia
06-12-2009, 04:34 PM
You know how I know you're not brilliant? You bump threads to prove it all the time.

SAUTO
06-12-2009, 04:55 PM
You know how I know you're not brilliant? You bump threads to prove it all the time.

but he was right, it just took green two years to read the article:doh!:

Hammock Parties
06-12-2009, 04:57 PM
but he was right, it just took green two years to read the article:doh!:

Concussion.

wild1
06-12-2009, 04:58 PM
The talented don't need to tell others they are talented, just like rich guys don't need to talk about how rich they are, or good looking guys don't have to tell women how good looking they are.

SAUTO
06-12-2009, 04:59 PM
The talented don't need to tell others they are talented, just like rich guys don't need to talk about how rich they are, or good looking guys don't have to tell women how good looking they are.

ROFL true true, if he had written this yesterday then maybe it would have been bump worthy, not from 2 years ago

LaChapelle
06-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Children with empty stomaches want to give you their daily ration of gruel.

Dottefan
06-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Horrible.

This x500

Dottefan
06-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Claython, you know how I know that YOUR stupid?............you started this thread.

Hammock Parties
06-12-2009, 05:48 PM
A n00b's words certainly carry weight.

SAUTO
06-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Claython, you know how I know that YOUR stupid?............you started this thread.

2 years ago, at that

Dottefan
06-12-2009, 05:50 PM

Claython.........stop jacking off to your sisters pic, that's just wrong bro.

Hammock Parties
06-12-2009, 05:51 PM
SAUTO, is it safe to assume you are one of my biggest fans?

RNR
06-12-2009, 05:52 PM
SAUTO, is it safe to assume you are one of my biggest fans?

You and a couple weak minded trolls are your only fans

SPATCH
06-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Claython.........stop jacking off to your sisters pic, that's just wrong bro.

is that supposed to be funny? are we all supposed to laugh?

SAUTO
06-12-2009, 05:54 PM
You and a couple weak minded trolls are your only fans

thank you RNR

Dottefan
06-12-2009, 07:01 PM
is that supposed to be funny? are we all supposed to laugh?

Hey spatty, so I am fucking your mom last night , and about to donkey punch the troll , when she starts moaning your name...man that was awkward as shit..( was that funny enough for you:thumb:)

Coach
06-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Wow, predicted it, and it occured TWO FUCKING YEARS later, and this warrants a bump up?

What a goddamned joke.

Hammock Parties
06-12-2009, 07:07 PM
You guys passing around those retard glasses tonight?

Coach
06-12-2009, 07:10 PM
You guys passing around those retard glasses tonight?

You know, you just need to learn not to bump up events that does not needs to be bumped.

Green retired TWO FUCKING YEARS later than your origional article states that he should RETIRE in 2007!

I would have no problem with you if you actually started a NEW THREAD, that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WPI, but posting that Green has retired.

Yet, you'd do almost FUCKING ANYTHING to bump up your GODDAMNED fluff article, which isn't even credible to begin with in the first place!

Phobia
06-12-2009, 07:58 PM

What does date of registration really have to do with the validity of somebody's opinion? Do they gain IQ points the longer they are on the Planet? I registered quite a while prior to you. I guess you'll be deferring to everything I say henceforth?

Hammock Parties
06-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Green retired TWO FUCKING YEARS later than your origional article states that he should RETIRE in 2007!

The point is...he should have.

Skip Towne
06-12-2009, 08:45 PM
The point is...he should have.

So you bump the thread? Take your tired act to WPI

Hammock Parties
06-12-2009, 08:46 PM
So you bump the thread?

It's a message board.

Mizzou_8541
06-12-2009, 08:56 PM
So you bump the thread? Take your tired act to WPI

Not trying to be an apologist here but, who cares if he bumps it?

Hammock Parties
06-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Not trying to be an apologist here but, who cares if he bumps it?

Angertards.

Phobia
06-12-2009, 09:12 PM
You should retire from message boards Claythan.

Hammock Parties
06-12-2009, 09:21 PM

Even Fatchatter?

Phobia
06-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Especially fatchatter.

Hammock Parties
06-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Especially fatchatter.

You're grumpy. :(

Skip Towne
06-12-2009, 09:49 PM

Of course you do realize he 's all your fault. You created him.

Hammock Parties
06-12-2009, 09:52 PM

Fraid not. He did expand my horizons a little bit, though.

J Diddy
06-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Especially fatchatter.

You guys still open over there?

J Diddy
06-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Fraid not. He did expand my horizons a little bit, though.

Phil undouched you enough to make you momentarily tolerable. This was the equivalent of inviting a vampire in the house. Next thing you know you're redouching yourself to previously unimaginable heights.

RNR
06-12-2009, 09:56 PM
No he just reached out to him and most likely thought he would grow up. Just like everyone else who has done this he found out he is a pathetic excuse for a man and will remain the twisted sick fuck that he is.

Hammock Parties
06-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Phil undouched you enough to make you momentarily tolerable. This was the equivalent of inviting a vampire in the house. Next thing you know you're redouching yourself to previously unimaginable heights.

I'm not sure your opinion counts for much around here.

J Diddy
06-12-2009, 09:58 PM

Says the guy whose opinion matters not at all.

Phobia
06-12-2009, 10:01 PM
You guys still open over there?

Oh yeah. It's much slower than here but it's manageable that way. I think the core over there enjoy a less aggressive discussion. We have some people who post here and some people who have never been here so it's fun. Miss seeing you for sure.

Phobia
06-12-2009, 10:02 PM
His opinion counts 15 months more strongly than yours.

Mr. Kotter
06-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Just two years early, Clayton...

;)

Phobia
06-12-2009, 10:04 PM

Created, no. Enabled, perhaps.

I'm currently exploring accountability with him. It's a new experience for him, I presume.

RNR
06-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Created, no. Enabled, perhaps.

I'm currently exploring accountability with him. It's a new experience for him, I presume.

Good luck with that! He is a narcissist and a gutless coward. I can assure you accountability has never entered his mind

Phobia
06-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Good luck with that! He is a narcissist and a gutless coward. I can assure you accountability has never entered his mind

In some forms it has, hence the drastic lifestyle change in terms of eating and working out. But I liked the fat dork 100x better than this one.

Hammock Parties
06-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Says the guy whose opinion matters not at all.

This thread says otherwise. ROFL

J Diddy
06-12-2009, 10:33 PM
This thread says otherwise. ROFL

Get over yourself noob

Hammock Parties
06-12-2009, 10:36 PM
I think the core over there enjoy a less aggressive discussion.

Fatchatter.com: We're pussies!

Hammock Parties
06-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Get over yourself noob

Remember when I created an animated gif...and then you made that animated gif your avatar...and it remains your avatar to this day?

Your ass is mine!

Phobia
06-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Fatchatter.com: We're pussies!

Call it what you will. We're adults. We have an elevated expectation of discussion there.

J Diddy
06-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Remember when I created an animated gif...and then you made that animated gif your avatar...and it remains your avatar to this day?

Your ass is mine!

no I sure don't and no it sure isn't

But you keep drinking the dick sock, the last thing you know anything about is getting ass.

Coach
06-12-2009, 10:40 PM

Yeah, coming from you where your opinion means diddly shit around here anyways.

Need I remind you that, although Nick Athan is human like all of us, he totally royality fucks everything up and down all over the place. Remember the "THE DEAL IS DONE" incident that came right back and bit the motherfucker's ass off?

Need I remind you that bragging about your articles/stories/WPI being better than a respected columist/article/story that you say "sucks" even though that columist/article/story just stomped the living s**t out of your article/story/WPI, that it makes you look like a total moron?

Need I remind you that "breaking news" is not breaking news if everybody ALREADY know that a certain player(s) were in town and I still dont get how you can pay $100 for a website when you can get the same information from many other sites for free?

Need I remind you that bragging about your stories/WPI being the best, despite that there are so many inaccuracies makes you look like a moron squared?

Tell you what, you want my respect? Stop being a spammer here, and actually produce a meaningful discussion(s) that isn't disrespectful or without bringing up WPI/Scout, then maybe I'll respect you.

Otherwise, big f**king deal. Now go be a good little boy and fetch me some coffee, bitch.

J Diddy
06-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Call it what you will. We're adults. We have an elevated expectation of discussion there.

LOL, so what're you doing Phil, slumming?

J Diddy
06-12-2009, 10:42 PM

Need I remind you that, although Nick "Assclown" Athan is human like all of us, he totally royality ****s everything up and down all over the place. Remember the "THE DEAL IS DONE" incident that came right back and bit the mother****er's ass off?

Need I remind you that bragging about your articles/stories/WPI being better than a respected columist/article/story that you say "sucks" even though that columist/article/story just stomped the living s**t out of your article/story/WPI, that it makes you look like a total moron?

Need I remind you that "breaking news" is not breaking news if everybody ALREADY know that a certain player(s) were in town and I still dont get how you can pay $100 for a website when you can get the same information from many other sites for free?

Need I remind you that bragging about your stories/WPI being the best, despite that there are so many inaccuracies makes you look like a moron squared?

Tell you what, you want my respect? Stop being a spammer here, and actually produce a meaningful discussion(s) that isn't disrespectful or without bringing up WPI/Scout, then maybe I'll respect you.

Otherwise, big f**king deal. Now go be a good little boy and fetch me some coffee, bitch.

Now I got to know. Was the Diddly shit a play on words to insult my user name. If so it hurts. Deep.

Nah, sorry just got some sand in my vag.

Phobia
06-12-2009, 10:44 PM
LOL, so what're you doing Phil, slumming?

Sometimes. I have hundreds of personal friends here. I like to interact with them every once in a while.

Hammock Parties
06-12-2009, 10:48 PM
no I sure don't and no it sure isn't

:LOL:

You dolt. Your CRONUS avatar....I CREATED IT.

You're welcome. Enjoy.

Phobia
06-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Give him a cookie, J Diddy. He wants a cookie.

Coach
06-12-2009, 10:53 PM

Or a boot in the ass?

Hammock Parties
06-12-2009, 10:55 PM

Need I remind you that, although Nick "Assclown" Athan is human like all of us, he totally royality fucks everything up and down all over the place. Remember the "THE DEAL IS DONE" incident that came right back and bit the motherfucker's ass off?

Holy shit, bro. Having a fun Friday night? You are flying off the handle with rage!

Hammock Parties
06-12-2009, 10:57 PM

Fatchatter.com: Internet Elitists!

J Diddy
06-12-2009, 11:12 PM

Nah, I got it up in rememberance of Jim. Congrats to him if he created it. However, the reason I have it up has nothing to do with Jim.

Hammock Parties
06-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Nah, I got it up in rememberance of Jim.

Nice.

However, the reason I have it up has nothing to do with Jim.

Wait, what?

J Diddy
06-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Nice.

Wait, what?

I meant him. Just had some sex, my head isn't really clear. you wouldn't understand.