PDA

View Full Version : 28 Weeks Later out tomorrow...

Ceej
05-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Anyone else going to see it?

The first wasn't great, it was good but not great. I'm anxiously awaiting this sequel. It's unfortunate they couldn't get Murphy for the 2nd one.

I'm not much into movie-going, but this movie has me pretty stoked.

Fishpicker
05-10-2007, 09:23 PM
the second one looks much better and is on a bigger scale. maybe not tommorrow but, I do plan on seeing 28WL in a theater

Ceej
05-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Another quick question...what exactly are the "infected" in film one? I assumed they were zombies, but a buddy told me they were vampire-like..

Valiant
05-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Another quick question...what exactly are the "infected" in film one? I assumed they were zombies, but a buddy told me they were vampire-like..

Its not anything like zombies or vampires... It is some sort of virus I think called the Rage virus, it makes you go nuts and kill people and if you infect them with you blood they become like you... Spreads fast, that is why the majority of the people got infected so quickly..

Ceej
05-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Ahh, I was under the impression it was a bit of both considering none of the infected were out during the day..

Something I had not realized for quite awhile.

Anyway, the 2nd looks much better!

penguinz
05-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Its not anything like zombies or vampires... It is some sort of virus I think called the Rage virus, it makes you go nuts and kill people and if you infect them with you blood they become like you... Spreads fast, that is why the majority of the people got infected so quickly..Romero's zombies from The Dead series were because of a virus also.

Ceej
05-10-2007, 10:22 PM
I've also heard somewhere that Romero was coming out with another remake this year? I think it was Day Of the Dead?

I'm a big zombie movie guru, if that were true it'd be amazing!

sedated
05-10-2007, 10:22 PM
28 weeks later?

isn't that a sandra bullock movie?

TinyEvel
05-10-2007, 10:24 PM
I wanna see it. But I have issues. My dad took me to see the Original Dawn of The Dead when I was 9. BIG mistake. I had zombie nightmares weekly until I was 13. I still have them occasionally.

I have a love/hate affair with zombies. Though, I am still afraid of them in dark, open places.

Ceej
05-10-2007, 10:30 PM
I bought the orignal DOD. I find it hilarious.

The blood is way offfff, the movie is pathetically funny too.

The part I enjoy most is the cop who goes door-to-door in that apartment and just starts blowing random people's heads off. Classic.

Can anyone confirm a Day of the Dead re-make?!

Fishpicker
05-10-2007, 11:10 PM
I've also heard somewhere that Romero was coming out with another remake this year? I think it was Day Of the Dead?

I'm a big zombie movie guru, if that were true it'd be amazing!

cool, you should check out a book called Day by Day Armageddon (http://www.amazon.com/Day-Armageddon-J-L-Bourne/dp/1411608313/ref=sr_1_1/002-8730041-2222419?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1178859459&sr=8-1) . its a Zombocalypse book written in a journal format by a Navy seal. the guy published it himself too. I couldnt put this book down until sunset. after that I didnt want to pick it up.

I just got done reading World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War (http://www.amazon.com/World-War-Z-History-Zombie/dp/0307346609/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-8730041-2222419?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1178860008&sr=1-1) another awesome book.

Valiant
05-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Romero's zombies from The Dead series were because of a virus also.

That is true, from just what I have read they are not undead.. The people in 28days all died at the end from the virus and stayed dead..

Romero's virus made you undead...

And yes there is a new sequel to dawn of the dead... And the black guy from the first is in it again same character... It is on IMDB if you want to look it up...

Fishpicker
05-10-2007, 11:46 PM
cool. Ving Rames was the only part of that movie I liked

Ultra Peanut
05-10-2007, 11:55 PM
DON'T SAY THE ZED WORD!

I may go see 28 Weeks Later. The original was ****ing great, and though this looks a little more like an action movie, it should be a lot of fun.

On the subject of the Day of the Dead remake, what the **** is this shit? (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ulvle4RT7Bk) It's like they're purposefully making it awful to make Land of the Dead look good by comparison.

Ceej
05-11-2007, 05:37 PM
AMAZING movie...

I think one of my all-time favorite scenes may be in that movie.

Also, previews - SilverSurfer, Resident Evil : Extinction and the new Ocean's movie!!!

RE : Extinction looooks amazing! :)

Sure-Oz
05-11-2007, 05:40 PM
I would like to see that and RE, but RE doesn't look that great imo, but i'd rather have it follow the first few games closely, 3rd looks way out of loop. I liked 28 days later except the whole "we have to breed" or whatever with the horny soldiers.

Ceej
05-11-2007, 05:49 PM
28 Weeks Later has another couple of "huh" moments. But, the helicopter scene makes up for all of those.

RedDread
05-12-2007, 11:49 PM
I saw 28 weeks today. I think the most ironic thing was that the portrayal of US soldiers was very realistic, probably the best since Blackhawk Down. It's funny considering that Delta Farce was released on the same day.

Cinematography was excellent, and the movie balances the horror and action sequences very well. I was very impressed with the images of a deserted London in contrast to the green zone that had been set up by US forces. You can tell this one had a bigger budget, those infected by the rage virus even look better (worse?).

I can't wait for 28 Months later or whatever they end up calling the next one.

ChiefJustice
05-13-2007, 01:07 AM

Technically,it's never stated in any Romero film what causes the outbreak.(to my knowledge)

In "Night of..."there is a passing radio message early in that talks about
a satellite and radiation.

In "Dawn of..." and it's remake we are told only that "when there is no more room in hell,the dead will walk the earth".That might suggest some sort of wrath of god.

"Day of..." doesn't even hint at the subject...because that movie was complete camp.That movie may suggest,to some,that the outbreak was caused by the military in the hopes of breeding an unstoppable soldier.

I liked the first 28 days.but,i thought the "rage virus" was a sell-out move.Let the viewer ponder how this happened.Saying that these
aren't "zombies" and that eco terrorists freed some pissed off monkeys is silly.Call them what they are and leave the cause as a mystery.

The rest of that movie was good..and i will probably buy the 28 months dvd when it comes out.

BigMeatballDave
05-13-2007, 01:19 AM
28 Weeks Later... I finally woke up from the coma-inducing flick, 28 Days Later...

ChiefJustice
05-13-2007, 01:27 AM
I just got done reading World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War (http://www.amazon.com/World-War-Z-History-Zombie/dp/0307346609/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-8730041-2222419?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1178860008&sr=1-1) another awesome book.

That is a great zombie book!!

I actually heard about this book 3 months before it was released.Apparently,Brad Pitt and his production company obtained the rights to this book so that it can be made into a movie.I hope this happens,

Btw,about 4 months prior to this,i picked up a book called "The Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks.It was Hilarious!

Fast forward 8 months and i find out that Max Brooks also wrote
World War Z.

All zombie fans should pick up these books.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c2/Zombiesurvivalguide.jpg/180px-Zombiesurvivalguide.jpg

Fishpicker
05-13-2007, 03:14 AM
My only complaint about the Zombie survival guide is that it's too fun. I read it in one sitting and regretted it immediately.

it's funny but it's also fairly comprehensive, alot of it would probably come in handy during any pandemic/apocalypse scenario.

kchero
05-13-2007, 11:34 AM

I dont want to be the horror nerd, but the zombies in Romero's films was because of radiation from a space probe that exploded from venus. It states this in the original Night of the Living Dead as the survivors are watching the news.

kchero
05-13-2007, 11:35 AM
That is a great zombie book!!

I actually heard about this book 3 months before it was released.Apparently,Brad Pitt and his production company obtained the rights to this book so that it can be made into a movie.I hope this happens,

Btw,about 4 months prior to this,i picked up a book called "The Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks.It was Hilarious!

Fast forward 8 months and i find out that Max Brooks also wrote
World War Z.

All zombie fans should pick up these books.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c2/Zombiesurvivalguide.jpg/180px-Zombiesurvivalguide.jpg

It is a great and hilarious book!

Ceej
05-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Another over-looked aspect of 28 Days/Weeks Later is the music.

It's incredible.

VonneMarie
05-13-2007, 02:10 PM
This movie was awesome and the music just added to the creepiness of it.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite scene was the where the husband saw his wife in the hospital and kissed her and became infected and gorged her eyes out.

Kickass.

Ceej
05-13-2007, 07:12 PM
NOOOOOO....the best scene was the helicopter in the field, hands down!

Fly O.T. McWall
05-13-2007, 07:15 PM
i enjoyed the first one. interested in this one, but not a must-see for me.

Fly O.T. McWall
05-13-2007, 07:16 PM
is there a way to automatically subscribe to a thread when i post on it?

Ceej
05-13-2007, 07:17 PM
This one was a brazillian times better then the first, by far.

Fly O.T. McWall
05-13-2007, 07:26 PM
This one was a brazillian times better then the first, by far.
brazillian? like, amazon women?