PDA

View Full Version : 'Scrubs' lives on NBC, plus...more 'Office'

keg in kc
05-11-2007, 03:56 PM
I've never watched the show, and likely never will, but I know there's a Scrubs fan or two on here. From the good people at AICN:

EXCLUSIVE!!

NBC Sticking With SCRUBS!! (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32619)

I am – Hercules!!

A reliable and tested source just told us NBC is picking up 18 new episodes of “Scrubs” for next season.

Apparently the sitcom got renewed later than "The Office," "30 Rock" and "My Name Is Earl" because Disney and NBC were dickering over money.

NBC will help compensate for the short "Scrubs" order with more "Office." E! Online reported late Thursday that four of "The Office's" 24 episodes next season will be full hours.

NBC announces its fall slate Monday. Zack Braff hosts the season finale of “Saturday Night Live” the following weekend.

percysnow
05-11-2007, 04:01 PM
nice scrubs is one of the best shows on tv

Fire Me Boy!
05-11-2007, 04:04 PM
nice scrubs is one of the best shows on tv
I agree. Great show.

kcxiv
05-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Scrubs is funny as hell. There was some weak episodes , but the last 4-5 have been pretty damn good.

Sully
05-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Scrubs is good, and I am ecstatic that it is coming back, but over the past couple of seasons it has really gone downhill. I know they assumed they wouldn't be picked up, so maybe they were mailing it in. The past couple of weeks have gone back toward how it used to be, but it's still not as great as it was.

Hopefully they get back to what made them great.

Pitt Gorilla
05-11-2007, 04:09 PM
I like all of these shows (with Scrubs being my least-favorite), but none of them live up to the humor of Arrested Development.

FD
05-11-2007, 04:11 PM
NBC will help compensate for the short "Scrubs" order with more "Office." E! Online reported late Thursday that four of "The Office's" 24 episodes next season will be full hours.

Oh man, thats almost too much

KCinNY
05-11-2007, 04:13 PM
"Scrubs" was great when it first came out. Unfortunately, it's jumped the shark by turning itself into another soap-com.

CoMoChief
05-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Watch last night's The Office here.

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/show.do/1/103

Smed1065
05-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Scrubs is my favorite but I am about 2 seasons behind.

Zach is talented, IMO.

DaFace
05-11-2007, 04:22 PM
"Scrubs" was great when it first came out. Unfortunately, it's jumped the shark by turning itself into another soap-com.

I wouldn't go quite that far, but the new episodes certainly don't compare to the glory days. Season 3 was pure genius.

HolmeZz
05-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Scrubs is top notch.

Sure-Oz
05-11-2007, 05:42 PM
I really need to catch up on Office bad....ive missed all season.

keg in kc
05-11-2007, 05:55 PM
I really need to catch up on Office bad....ive missed all season.Been an awesome season.

Demonpenz
05-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Scrubs sucks. Yeah what I want to watch is some whiney emo doctor. Oh no who do i date the hot blond or the hot blond? gay

Joie
05-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Scrubs is ok...but The Office is one of the worst shows on television. Simply horrible!

siberian khatru
05-11-2007, 06:20 PM
I wish they would dedicate one hour to Jenna Fischer being nude.

keg in kc
05-11-2007, 06:28 PM
I wish they would dedicate one hour to Jenna Fischer being nude.Misogynist!

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Scrubs is ok...but The Office is one of the worst shows on television. Simply horrible!
Communist.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-11-2007, 06:44 PM
PBJ

More Sarah Chalke...

Logical
05-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Scrubs is ok...but The Office is one of the worst shows on television. Simply horrible!Yup

chagrin
05-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Scrubs sucks. Yeah what I want to watch is some whiney emo doctor. Oh no who do i date the hot blond or the hot blond? gay

I can't believe I am saying this but I agree with demonpenz, that show blows goats, actually all of the shows mentioned here blow goats.

I am tired of seeing commercials about that goofy david schwimmer looking goofball dude and the hot chick in the office whining about their love for each other, ick.

But of course as usual, I am in the minority, I don't like most shows on regular network TV anyway, so I'm sorry for peeing on your thread. No offense intended.

siberian khatru
05-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Misogynist!

Cross-thread humor rocks!

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-11-2007, 08:34 PM
I can't believe I am saying this but I agree with demonpenz, that show blows goats, actually all of the shows mentioned here blow goats.

I am tired of seeing commercials about that goofy david schwimmer looking goofball dude and the hot chick in the office whining about their love for each other, ick.

But of course as usual, I am in the minority, I don't like most shows on regular network TV anyway, so I'm sorry for peeing on your thread. No offense intended.
Nice...

:)

percysnow
05-11-2007, 08:36 PM

sounds like someones bitter because they have to choose between the fat bruunette and the even fatter brunette. . .

BigMeatballDave
05-12-2007, 01:07 AM
I still watch it. Used to be my favorite. It now ranks 5th on my list.

Thig Lyfe
05-12-2007, 01:34 AM
I like all of these shows (with Scrubs being my least-favorite), but none of them live up to the humor of Arrested Development.

True that. NBC's comedy lineup is brilliant, but it still hasn't been able to fill the void left by AD.

Thig Lyfe
05-12-2007, 01:36 AM

Ugh. Hate to do this, but mondo neg rep.

BigMeatballDave
05-12-2007, 02:52 AM
Scrubs is ok...but The Office is the BEST show on television. Simply Amazing!FYP

Fishpicker
05-12-2007, 05:58 AM
I've tried watching Scrubs, I just cant get into it. Dr. Cox and the Janitor are the only bright spots.

30 rock is probably my favorite of the 4 shows. I like the surrounding cast more than Fey/Baldwin but, they all mesh pretty well. Kenneth the page cracks me up.

The office is kind of hit or miss for me. some episodes are hilarious and some are too slow(especially the 1 hour episodes). I think this show also has a better secondary cast than it's supposed stars. the office-drinking-minivan-driving-fugly-redhead-mom on the show is hillarious to me because I've met a few. same goes for Creed and Kelly.

overall, this is NBC's best comedy lineup since Cosby, Cheers, Seinfeld.

I too miss Arrested Development. it worked at all levels and was relentless. the cast was perfect. it was the funniest show that has ever starred Jeffrey Tambor. he's been in 80% of all sitcoms ever made in the US between 1978 and present. he's also been cast in 98% of all failed sitcom pilots in the same period.

Delano
05-12-2007, 06:00 AM
True that. NBC's comedy lineup is brilliant, but it still hasn't been able to fill the void left by AD.

Why would NBC need to fill FOX's void?

Captain Obvious
05-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Oh man, thats almost too much

That's what she said.

milkman
05-12-2007, 09:24 AM

Giving someone neg rep simply because they don't like a show that you're a fan of is petty.

For the record, IMO, Arrested Development sucked ass.
And so does The Office.

keg in kc
05-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Giving someone neg rep simply because they don't like a show that you're a fan of is petty.

And so does The Office.Well, you're not their target audience.

You know, the under-72 crowd.

:fire:

milkman
05-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Well, you're not their target audience.

You know, the under-72 crowd.

:fire:

That's IQ, right?

:p

Fishpicker
05-12-2007, 09:54 AM
That's IQ, right?

:p

he walked right into it :rolleyes:

Fire Me Boy!
05-12-2007, 09:57 AM
I felt there was a need for more Sarah Chalke pictures.

Sully
05-12-2007, 10:03 AM
So's your face.

Fire Me Boy!
05-12-2007, 10:05 AM
So's your face.
I was just thinking that!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

keg in kc
05-12-2007, 10:17 AM
That's IQ, right?No, that would have been the over-72 crowd.

I barely make that one.

Thig Lyfe
05-12-2007, 10:24 AM

And so does The Office.

If those are bad shows, I'd like to know what your definition of a good show is.

milkman
05-12-2007, 10:28 AM
If those are bad shows, I'd like to know what your definition of a good show is.

Seinfeld was the best.

Nothing right now really stands out.

Thig Lyfe
05-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Seinfeld was the best.

Nothing right now really stands out.

I don't get it. You liked Seinfeld but hated Arrested Development? Seinfeld was a precursor to Arrested Development in a lot of ways. It was character-driven, had complex and unpredictable storylines that deviated from the average sitcom schlock, and used plenty of outside-the-studio shots.

The only major difference between the two in terms of style is the laugh track.

keg in kc
05-12-2007, 10:33 AM
I never could get into Seinfeld.

I never got into AD, either.

milkman
05-12-2007, 10:36 AM
I don't get it. You liked Seinfeld but hated Arrested Development? Seinfeld was a precursor to Arrested Development in a lot of ways. It was character-driven, had complex and unpredictable storylines that deviated from the average sitcom schlock, and used plenty of outside-the-studio shots.

The only major difference between the two in terms of style is the laugh track.

The major difference is that Seinfeld was funny.

While both shows were character driven, the characters in AD just irritated the hell out of me.

Thig Lyfe
05-12-2007, 10:43 AM
The major difference is that Seinfeld was funny.

While both shows were character driven, the characters in AD just irritated the hell out of me.

Uh, right.

To each his own, I guess.

milkman
05-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Uh, right.

To each his own, I guess.

Which leads us back to my original point.

If you neg repped someone because they don't like a show that you do, that was petty.

They are entitled to their opinion.

Demonpenz
05-12-2007, 10:52 AM
sounds like someones bitter because they have to choose between the fat bruunette and the even fatter brunette. . .

In real life there is no time to whine about things. Growing up there was no time to worry you either get your work done or you don't eat. Simple as that.

Thig Lyfe
05-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Which leads us back to my original point.

If you neg repped someone because they don't like a show that you do, that was petty.

They are entitled to their opinion.

Sure. But I'm entitled to neg repping them for holding that opinion.

milkman
05-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Sure. But I'm entitled to neg repping them for holding that opinion.

And I'm entitled to thinking that you are a petty prick for doing that.

Fire Me Boy!
05-12-2007, 11:59 AM
I thought Seinfeld was awful. I wouldn't even go to sleep to that crap.

Thig Lyfe
05-12-2007, 03:51 PM
And I'm entitled to thinking that you are a petty prick for doing that.

And I'm entitled to crying myself to sleep.

milkman
05-12-2007, 04:02 PM
And I'm entitled to crying myself to sleep.

:evil:
Sorry.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't really think you're a bad sort.

I just think that giving neg rep in this case was a petty thing to do.

Thig Lyfe
05-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Sorry.

It was. But I lost all self-respect a long time ago, so I have no problem being petty anymore. :)

:(

Joie
05-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Sorry.

No worries. If he loves that show enough to neg rep me that's his choice. Sorry to say, it won't improve the quality of the show.

BigMeatballDave
05-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Seinfeld was the best.

Nothing right now really stands out.It was my favorite from '93 'til it ended. I enjoy The Office just as much.

BigMeatballDave
05-12-2007, 05:20 PM
I completely understand how some people do not get shows like Seinfeld or The Office. They are NOTHING like traditional sitcoms. Which, IMO, is part of their charm.

Joie
05-12-2007, 05:23 PM
I completely understand how some people do not get shows like Seinfeld or The Office. They are NOTHING like traditional sitcoms. Which, IMO, is part of their charm.
I loved Seinfeld.

Thig Lyfe
05-12-2007, 07:29 PM
No worries. If he loves that show enough to neg rep me that's his choice. Sorry to say, it won't improve the quality of the show.

That's the thing. I'm okay with people not liking a show, but I wish they'd just admit that it's because they don't get it, and not because the show is poorly made. Humor is subjective, but quality really isn't. The Office is a really, really good show, but if you don't enjoy it that's nobody's fault but your own.

You don't think it's funny. Fine. But don't pretend that it's because the people making the show suck.

kcxiv
05-12-2007, 07:35 PM
I get it, but i am not a fan of the show. I just dont like Carroll's acting at all. Its just to dumb for me. I can take it in very small doeses. Though he was good on the "Little Miss Sunshine" movie.

morphius
05-12-2007, 07:36 PM
That's the thing. I'm okay with people not liking a show, but I wish they'd just admit that it's because they don't get it, and not because the show is poorly made. Humor is subjective, but quality really isn't. The Office is a really, really good show, but if you don't enjoy it that's nobody's fault but your own.

You don't think it's funny. Fine. But don't pretend that it's because the people making the show suck.
If humor is subjective, and the show is supposed to be a comedy, then why can she think they suck? It is subjective after all.

Logical
05-12-2007, 08:44 PM

Neg rep to you for giving out negative rep for someone's opinion.

Logical
05-12-2007, 08:47 PM

Seinfeld was funny but the characters like George and Elaine were annoying. Office IMO is not funny, it is not the characters I dislike.

milkman
05-12-2007, 09:05 PM

You making the assumption that anyone who doesn't like the show doesn't get it is arrogant.

KcMizzou
05-12-2007, 09:10 PM
I get it, but i am not a fan of the show. I just dont like Carroll's acting at all. Its just to dumb for me. I can take it in very small doeses. Though he was good on the "Little Miss Sunshine" movie.I can see that... he's funny to me, but his schtick can get old quickly.

And Milk's right... saying people who don't like it just don't "get it" is arrogant and annoying. Different strokes, and all that...

Thig Lyfe
05-12-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm not an asshole about most things, but when it comes to comedy I can be. I apologize for my behavior in this thread. Humor is subjective. We'll leave it at that.

Ultra Peanut
05-13-2007, 11:31 PM
Neg rep to you for giving out negative rep for someone's opinion.Neg rep to you for giving out negative rep for giving out negative rep for someone's opinion.

And so does The Office.You have astoundingly bad taste.

Also, never watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. You... wouldn't get it.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Anzz56RQsIk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Anzz56RQsIk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AOFkXQ1nF84"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AOFkXQ1nF84" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VE2MXN0skps"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VE2MXN0skps" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

shrek6849
05-13-2007, 11:43 PM
You have astoundingly bad taste.

I'll go ahead and second that.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-14-2007, 12:06 AM
People really confuse me sometimes. It never ceases to amaze me how many need a traditional, canned-laugh track style of show to get them to laugh. For all the non-conformists out there, I really suggest that you watch the episode of Scrubs, "My Life in Four Cameras". It's the in the fourth season--there's a ten minute bit that skewers pretty much every traditional studio show. From the lighting to the reactions.

Great stuff.

KcMizzou
05-14-2007, 12:14 AM
People really confuse me sometimes. It never ceases to amaze me how many need a traditional, canned-laugh track style of show to get them to laugh. For all the non-conformists out there, I really suggest that you watch the episode of Scrubs, "My Life in Four Cameras". It's the in the fourth season--there's a ten minute bit that skewers pretty much every traditional studio show. From the lighting to the reactions.

Great stuff.I actually have the 4th season on DVD... haven't hit that episode yet.

BigMeatballDave
05-14-2007, 12:35 AM
Anyone watch 'My Boys' on TBS last year? Its coming back at the end of July. I liked it. The blonde is hot and they talk about sports.

BigMeatballDave
05-19-2007, 06:18 PM
How did everyone like this seasons finale? I figure Karen got the job in NY. I think Jim actually declines, then recommends her.

keg in kc
05-19-2007, 06:19 PM
I thought the temp got the job at the end. Or did he get some other job?

The Jim-Pam stuff has been drawn out about as far as it can for me. It's starting to feel like the love quadrangle from BSG.

BigMeatballDave
05-19-2007, 06:25 PM
I thought the temp got the job at the end. Or did he get some other job?
Well, I don't remember. I just remember Jim being interviewed, paying more attention to what Pam wrote on that paper. Walked out of the building alone, then drove home alone. I was wondering where Karen was, I just assumed she got it. Just my theory. Why can't I remember a 'temp'?

keg in kc
05-19-2007, 06:28 PM
At the end, Jim pops his head into Pam talking to the camera crew and asks her to dinner. Then the temp gets a call from corporate telling him congrats and how great it'll be to have another MBA on the staff. He then breaks up (hilariously) with the annoying Indian chick.

Delano
05-19-2007, 06:30 PM
I kind of got the sense that Jim got annoyed with Karen in NY and drove home alone.

When he asked Pam out to dinner I figured Jim and Karen were done.

keg in kc
05-19-2007, 06:35 PM
The actress who plays Karen just had a sitcom picked up by Fox, IIRC, so she's off either way.

BigMeatballDave
05-19-2007, 06:42 PM
At the end, Jim pops his head into Pam talking to the camera crew and asks her to dinner. Then the temp gets a call from corporate telling him congrats and how great it'll be to have another MBA on the staff. He then breaks up (hilariously) with the annoying Indian chick.Holy shit! I missed that?! I work evenings and I rely on a DVR to record my shows. I caught the scene when he pops in on Pam, and asks her out. That is where it ended.
:banghead:

BigMeatballDave
05-19-2007, 06:44 PM
The actress who plays Karen just had a sitcom picked up by Fox, IIRC, so she's off either way.Oh. No kidding? I hadn't heard.

DaFace
05-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Holy shit! I missed that?! I work evenings and I rely on a DVR to record my shows. I caught the scene when he pops in on Pam, and asks her out. That is where it ended.
:banghead:

The scene with the temp was after a commercial break, IIRC. I just about turned it off after Jim pops his head in, but luckily left it on.

BigMeatballDave
05-19-2007, 06:45 PM
I keep forgetting Ryan is a 'temp'

DaFace
05-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Here ya go.

Corporate Dude (on the phone):
"So, I know we left the other day on a note of undertainty, but after some more thought I'm very pleased to be able to offer you this job. (pause) Great! I'm so glad. We're all very excited you're going to be joining us. It'll be nice to have another MBA around here."

Ryan (on the other end of the phone):
"I'm excited, too. (pause) OK. (pause) Bye."

Kelly (in the background while Ryan's on the phone):
"Who was that?"

Ryan:
"Nobody. You and I are done."

Kelly:
"What?!"

Ryan looks at camera. Fade to black.

milkman
05-20-2007, 09:29 AM
Neg rep to you for giving out negative rep for giving out negative rep for someone's opinion.

You have astoundingly bad taste.

Also, never watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. You... wouldn't get it.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Anzz56RQsIk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Anzz56RQsIk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AOFkXQ1nF84"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AOFkXQ1nF84" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VE2MXN0skps"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VE2MXN0skps" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

You assume to much.

I've watched "Philadelphia" and like the show.

I simply can't stand AD.

It has nothing to do with "getting it".

BigRock
05-20-2007, 09:50 AM
I keep forgetting Ryan is a 'temp'
He wasn't actually a temp anymore as of this season, he got hired full-time when Jim moved to the other branch. But Dwight still calls him Temp and probably will forever.

And Karen will still be around next season, at least briefly. She's under contract with The Office for one more season, and her new show on Fox isn't supposed to start airing until Spring of 2008. So she probably won't start filming that until well after The Office starts shooting their new season.

In other words, she'll probably be around for the first few episodes until they write her out.