PDA

View Full Version : For all their faults, the Warriors just look better than the Jazz.

Direckshun
05-11-2007, 09:34 PM
They have zero inside presense, and their shot selection is piss poor.

But they almost stole both games 1 and 2, and now that they're finally playing at home, they're slaughtering the Jazz.

The Warriors just look like the better team. Hard to believe they're down 0-2.

By the way, if you have ESPN, treat yourself for 30 seconds and flip over to it. Once we're out of this commercial break, they're going to replay a sick dunk by Baron Davis.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-11-2007, 09:36 PM
The Warriors will win the series. They'll win the next game, steal one at Utah, and comeback and beat them in 6 games.

Direckshun
05-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Of course, the deciding factor is that the Warriors are getting second shots and the Jazz aren't getting as many.

The Jazz outrebounded the Warriors in games 1 and 2 by 50. They're only outrebounding the Warriors by 11 today.

Direckshun
05-11-2007, 11:59 PM
I just cannot get over how much Baron Davis has elevated his game. I don't remember the last time a star deliberately improved his game in the postseason this much since Hakeem Olajuwon was unstoppable in his championship years.

The guy is unstoppable. He's owned the Jazz's Williams every damn game, getting him in foul trouble and taking him to school every damn game.

He's a 30% 3 point shooter but he's been shooting 50% in the playoffs. Just astounding elevation of his game for the postseason -- this guy is an incredible leader. Nobody in the postseason has made the games as exciting as he has.

Jazz 2, WARRIORS 1. One more home slaughtering and then they try a third time to steal one on the road.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-12-2007, 12:04 AM
The Jazz are probably my favorite NBA team. I'm really impesssed with the Warriors though and wouldn't mind seeing them win. It's always nice to see low teams rise up.

Hear that Royals?

Direckshun
05-12-2007, 12:19 AM
The Jazz are probably my favorite NBA team. I'm really impesssed with the Warriors though and wouldn't mind seeing them win. It's always nice to see low teams rise up.

Hear that Royals?
How on earth can you root for the Jazz?

They're a great team, and Boozer's a straight-up badass. But outside of Derrick Fisher, what's really on this team that demands loyalty?

Mojo Rising
05-12-2007, 12:31 AM
I don't think the Warrioirs will when. They are wearing down physically and the longer the series goes the more it will catch up with them.

If the NBA's Most Improved Player, Ellis, would have played well enough to spot Barron for 20 minutes then they might have a shot. He has played poorly so Nelly is not playing him.

This makes Davis wear down to the point where he misses free throws and dribbles out bounds (end of game 2.)

The Warriors bench is not playing as many minutes as the Jazz and that will be the deciding factor.

Direckshun
05-12-2007, 12:45 AM
I don't think the Warrioirs will when. They are wearing down physically and the longer the series goes the more it will catch up with them.

If the NBA's Most Improved Player, Ellis, would have played well enough to spot Barron for 20 minutes then they might have a shot. He has played poorly so Nelly is not playing him.

This makes Davis wear down to the point where he misses free throws and dribbles out bounds (end of game 2.)

The Warriors bench is not playing as many minutes as the Jazz and that will be the deciding factor.
Very good point.

I keep hearing Monta Ellis, most improved. But I have not seen it save a couple games against Dallas.

I think this series is still within reach for the Warriors. They could very easily be up 3-0 right now and have had times in all three games where they looked like the superior team. Utah hasn't had many moments like that.

I do think that the Warriors hit the wall next round, though, if they advance. They'll be done in 5 if they made it that far. The Spurs and Suns are just too good -- the winner of that series will win the title.

B_Ambuehl
05-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Red hot shooting usually evens out over the course of 2-3 games which doesn't bode well for the warriors in game 4. They should have won game 2 and should be up 2-1 right now. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose game 4 and go back to Utah down 3-1.

Pitt Gorilla
05-12-2007, 02:18 PM
I used to like the Jazz. Then they and Boozer screwed over Cleveland and now I can't stand Boozer or the team. Cleveland tried to do something nice for Boozer and he screwed them. It was certainly his right to do what he did, but wasn't very ethical.

Direckshun
05-12-2007, 02:31 PM
I used to like the Jazz. Then they and Boozer screwed over Cleveland and now I can't stand Boozer or the team. Cleveland tried to do something nice for Boozer and he screwed them. It was certainly his right to do what he did, but wasn't very ethical.
What? Trent Green?

Pitt Gorilla
05-12-2007, 02:33 PM
What? Trent Green?I must be missing something.

Direckshun
05-12-2007, 02:34 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tYpwjB0IzoU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tYpwjB0IzoU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8KBPDZQkhPQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8KBPDZQkhPQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Totally sick.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-12-2007, 02:43 PM
That 2nd clip is phenomenal. First, slides between 2 defenders off the juke, then has the presence of mind to dish the ball as the 3rd man is charging the lane. All in about 1.5 seconds. Davis is a stud.

Direckshun
05-12-2007, 02:45 PM
I must be missing something.
You could have substituted out Boozer's name for Trent Green and it still would have reflected a true situation.

Pitt Gorilla
05-12-2007, 02:58 PM
You could have substituted out Boozer's name for Trent Green and it still would have reflected a true situation.I'm not sure I agree.

Direckshun
05-12-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm not sure I agree.
I'll log that away, captain.

UteChief
05-12-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm not sure we're watching the same game. Baron has been playing great but he hasn't owned Williams. Some of those fouls on Williams have been absolute bullshit. I can't quite understand some of the fouls the refs are calling and then the ones they don't. I'm not crying foul because it's gone both ways but they need to tighten up the consitency on the whistles.

Bugeater
05-12-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm not sure we're watching the same game. Baron has been playing great but he hasn't owned Williams. Some of those fouls on Williams have been absolute bullshit. I can't quite understand some of the fouls the refs are calling and then the ones they don't. I'm not crying foul because it's gone both ways but they need to tighten up the consitency on the whistles.
Are you new to the NBA?

UteChief
05-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Do you have a point?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Are you new to the NBA?

Jazz fan.

milkman
05-12-2007, 06:20 PM
That 2nd clip is phenomenal. First, slides between 2 defenders off the juke, then has the presence of mind to dish the ball as the 3rd man is charging the lane. All in about 1.5 seconds. Davis is a stud.

On that spin move to split the defenders, he carried the ball, and should have been called for double dribble.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-12-2007, 06:21 PM
On that spin move to split the defenders, he carried the ball, and should have been called for double dribble.

No way. That would've been racial profiling.

milkman
05-12-2007, 06:24 PM
No way. That would've been racial profiling.

What?

White boys don't carry the ball?

I thought they just couldn't jump.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-12-2007, 06:25 PM
What?

White boys don't carry the ball?

I thought they just couldn't jump.

Right, but they never get called for it. Meh, nm, just chalk it up to my stupid humor.

milkman
05-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Right, but they never get called for it. Meh, nm, just chalk it up to my stupid humor.

No.

I get it.

But the NBA has the worst officiating of any major sport.

As much as we complain about poor officating in the NFL, the NBA officials make the NFL's look outstanding by comparison.

Officiating in the NBA is one of the reasons I just can't watch it anymore.

Direckshun
05-12-2007, 11:38 PM
He took one step and dribbled. I don't think that's traveling.

milkman
05-12-2007, 11:43 PM
He took one step and dribbled. I don't think that's traveling.

He palmed the ball on the dribble.

I'm sorry, I mean't double dribble.