PDA

View Full Version : Just a couple of Friday nite whines.

Logical
05-11-2007, 10:21 PM
1st, why do stamps never go up to an even amount like say $0.40 does the US government make money because we have to use f*cking pennies?

2nd why the hell don't they raise the rates on the gawd-damn bulk mail instead. 1 cent on that shit would net them far more than any raise in regular postage ever would.:cuss:

|Zach|
05-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Sorry about that. I will make some calls. Next time go in and tell them you know Zach.

milkman
05-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Those have have to be the sorriest ****ing rants I've ever seen.

Have you not seen Tim rant?

If you want to bitch, then bitch.

That's like a sorry Jerry Seinfeld joke, and he's a sorry comedian anyway.

His show was ****ing hilarius, but I just don't get why anyone ever thought his standup routine was anything but lame.

He's a lameass standup comedian.

And you do a lameass rant.

luv
05-11-2007, 10:27 PM
I love to hear people rant. I find it highly entertaining.

luv
05-11-2007, 10:28 PM

I could recommend him to someone who's very good.

88TG88
05-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Sounds like Logical is gonna go postal on us.

greg63
05-11-2007, 10:29 PM
They do this because they know it bothers you. :p

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-11-2007, 10:30 PM

His show was ****ing hilarius, but I just don't get why anyone ever thought his standup routine was anything but lame.

Speaking of lame rants.

:p

Phobia
05-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Price of gas rants are much, much better than this. Jim is getting old and senile or something.

TinyEvel
05-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Agreed, Milker. This is a pretty weak-assed rant. Not even a rant. Not even a gripe, nary a grievance.

I would classify it somewhere between a whimper and a whine.

Phobia
05-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Will somebody please change the title of the thread to: "Just a couple of Friday night whines, don't bother reading this crap"?

milkman
Speaking of lame rants.

:p

nlm

Logical

Thank you, if I have annoyed you I could not have failed.

milkman
05-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Thank you, if I have annoyed you I could not have failed.

Who's annoyed?

I'm just pointing out your shortcommings.

Call it "destructive" criticisim.

Phobia
05-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Say, have you guys noticed the price of toothbrushes lately? Those folks at Colgate have a lot of nerve. They can't make a buck in Arkansas so they pass on their overhead costs to the rest of us teethbrushing Americans. Buncha jerks. Why I otta....

Logical
05-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Will somebody please change the title of the thread to: "Just a couple of Friday night whines, don't bother reading this crap"?Your wish is my command oh great 2 pound crapper.

Phobia
05-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Your wish is my command oh great 2 pound crapper.

Thanks.

I don't think I made 2 lbs. It was a couple ploppers that barely made a splash, kinda like your "rants". ;)

DaFace
05-11-2007, 11:12 PM
2nd why the hell don't they raise the rates on the gawd-damn bulk mail instead. 1 cent on that shit would net them far more than any raise in regular postage ever would.:cuss:

Uhh...they did. In fact, many of the discounted rates went up more (proportionally) than the retail rates. You just don't hear about it because it doesn't affect you.

blueballs
05-11-2007, 11:24 PM
they contract out to the cheapest bidder when
ever they get the chance and get crappy results
penny pinching is a desease -a costly one

Bob Dole
05-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Why the **** isn't the federal tax return envelope postage paid? How much revenue do they generate every year from the mailed tax returns?

TinyEvel
05-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Why the **** isn't the federal tax return envelope postage paid? How much revenue do they generate every year from the mailed tax returns?

Man, haven't you heard of e-file??!!

No wonder you look like a civil war re-enactment guy.

:)

Bob Dole
05-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Man, haven't you heard of e-file??!!

No wonder you look like a civil war re-enactment guy.

:)

While Bob Dole has a computer and an internet connection, there are still a significant number of taxpayers who do not.

TinyEvel
05-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Okay, fine, C-Everett Coop.

Bob Dole
05-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Okay, fine, C-Everett Coop.

Bob Dole cut that shit off over a year ago. Do you not monitor the picture threads?

Eleazar
05-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Why the **** isn't the federal tax return envelope postage paid?

XXX million taxpayers x $.40 = XXX bajillion dollars the gubment didn't spend on postage

TinyEvel
05-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Bob Dole cut that shit off over a year ago. Do you not monitor the picture threads?

Broham, I was going by your road trip thread!!!

Might you be growing a "training beard?"

But you've got to admit, it's a pretty suhweet reference. A good pull, no?

stumppy
05-12-2007, 12:42 AM
I'd have to agree with everyone else. Pretty weak. It sounds like you're just a little uncomfortable because your panty hose are riding a little high in the crotch.

|Zach|
05-12-2007, 12:44 AM
I'd have to agree with everyone else. Pretty weak. It sounds like you're just a little uncomfortable because your panty hose are riding a little high in the crotch.
Solid slam all around bro...

http://www.muntedmess.com/images/posts/high-five-1.jpg

TinyEvel
05-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Solid slam all around bro...

http://www.muntedmess.com/images/posts/high-five-1.jpg

Hey, is that Phil on the RIght?

BucEyedPea
05-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Just a couple of Friday nite whines.

Merlot or Chardonny?

Oh wait...it's now Saturday. :cuss: Guess I missed the fun!

Bob Dole
05-12-2007, 01:36 AM
Broham, I was going by your road trip thread!!!

Might you be growing a "training beard?"

But you've got to admit, it's a pretty suhweet reference. A good pull, no?

Bob Dole neglects to shave for 2 days and it's a "training beard"?

But yeah... You get points for odd references.

luv
05-12-2007, 01:41 AM

Merlot or Chardonny?

Beringer's makes a White Merlot. It's cheap and good.

05-12-2007, 01:53 AM

Merlot or Chardonny?

Always a day late and a dollar short

HemiEd
05-12-2007, 03:59 AM
Here is an idea, buy more than one stamp at a time. I know it will require some math but, the pennies can be avoided. Here is an example, buy 10 41 cent stamps and it is $4.10. Problem solved, glad I could help.
It will also be helpful to the environment, you will burn less gas in that Jaguiar going after stamps.

keg in kc
05-12-2007, 04:51 AM
Here is an idea, buy more than one stamp at a time. I know it will require some math but, the pennies can be avoided. Here is an example, buy 10 41 cent stamps and it is $4.10. Problem solved, glad I could help.That's one of my frustrations. Round about Christmas time I bought a book of stamps. More than half are left. So now I need to go buy a bunch of penny stamps.

rofl

tmax63
05-12-2007, 07:02 AM
All BS aside though, was anybody else impressed that they come up with a "fore-ever" stamp that has no price on it, costs 41 cents today but will cover a 1st class postage no matter what the rate goes up to in the future? Opens up a whole new investment scheme :hmmm:

DaFace
05-12-2007, 09:01 AM
All BS aside though, was anybody else impressed that they come up with a "fore-ever" stamp that has no price on it, costs 41 cents today but will cover a 1st class postage no matter what the rate goes up to in the future? Opens up a whole new investment scheme :hmmm:

Bad idea for the most part. Historically, rate increases have been at or below inflation. If I recall correctly, there's a law on the books that says future rate increases will be determined by inflation. That's the reason they've decided to offer the Forever stamp - they'll make enough money off of YOUR money to cover the added value in future years. You're better off putting your money into T-bills.