PDA

View Full Version : So Sam Brownback is in the middle of Favre country...

Braincase
05-12-2007, 12:22 PM
...and tells 'em Manning is a better QB. ROFL

Link (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18630174/)

Note to presidential hopefuls: Know your QBs
Sen. Brownback tells Wisconsin crowd Manning, not Favre, best quarterback

Analyzing the 2008 presidential field

Updated: 18 minutes ago
LAKE GENEVA, Wis. - Note to Sen. Sam Brownback: When in Packerland, don’t diss Brett Favre.

The Kansas Republican drew boos and groans from the audience at the state Republican Party convention Friday evening when he used a football analogy to talk about the need to rebuild the family.

“This is fundamental blocking and tackling,” he said. “This is your line in football. If you don’t have a line, how many passes can Peyton Manning complete? Greatest quarterback, maybe, in NFL history.”

Oops.

Realizing what he had said, Brownback slumped at the podium and put his head in his hands as the crowd expressed its displeasure.

“That’s really bad,” he said. “That will go down in history. I apologize.”

His apology brought a smattering of applause and laughter. He tried to recover, saying former Packer Bart Starr may be the greatest of all time, but the crowd was still restless.

“Let’s take Favre then,” Brownback said. “The Packers are great. I’m sorry. How many passes does he complete without a line?”

“All of them!” more than one person yelled from the back.

“I’m not sure how I recover from this,” Brownback said. “My point is we’ve got to rebuild the family. I’ll get off this.”

He recovered to finish his speech, which also touched on Iraq, abortion and his run for the presidency. Another presidential candidate, but one who knows how to cater to a Wisconsin crowd, was scheduled to address the convention on Saturday.

After all, the Packers won the Super Bowl in 1996 when Tommy Thompson was governor. And he often famously worked into his speeches a plug for Packer fans all over cheesehead land: “Wisconsin, where eagles soar, Harleys roar and Packers score.”

Brock
05-12-2007, 12:24 PM
LOL, dumbass.

NewChief
05-12-2007, 12:24 PM
That's awesome.

Zebedee DuBois
05-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Wow...I thought he had zero chance before....how do I lower that estimate?

Zebedee DuBois
05-12-2007, 12:44 PM
I mean really.....don't they teach that in Politicking 101 ? ...pander to the sensibilities of the local crowd?

Ultra Peanut
05-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Sam Brownback is literally retarded.

Not "LOL" literally. "Literally" literally.

ChiefsCountry
05-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Gosh that is so stupid. That would be like stopping here in KC and telling us the Donks or the Fade was the best team in the NFL.

RealSNR
05-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Next thing you know he'll tell them that wine and spaghetti is better than beer and pizza

Pitt Gorilla
05-12-2007, 02:21 PM
I guess if you aren't going to be honest about something, you shouldn't try to fake your way through it. It's an insignificant matter, but it could make one wonder about what other things is he willing to fib.

Braincase
05-12-2007, 03:05 PM
"I gotta tell you folks that your brats & kraut absolutely suck. And on top of that, who in the hell puts pickles on a taco?" - Sam Brownback

Direckshun
05-12-2007, 03:11 PM
“That’s really bad,” he said. “That will go down in history. I apologize.”

His apology brought a smattering of applause and laughter. He tried to recover, saying former Packer Bart Starr may be the greatest of all time, but the crowd was still restless.

“Let’s take Favre then,” Brownback said. “The Packers are great. I’m sorry. How many passes does he complete without a line?”

“All of them!” more than one person yelled from the back.

“I’m not sure how I recover from this,” Brownback said. “My point is we’ve got to rebuild the family. I’ll get off this.”
HAHAHHAHAHAHA

THAT IS AWESOME.

Easy 6
05-12-2007, 03:15 PM
I WANT ALL YOU FAT, BUCKTOOTHED WISCONSIN DOUCHEBAGS TO GET A GOOD LOOK AT A REAL MAN!!!...HIT THE MUSIC!!!

as Sam takes off his purple robe.

Thig Lyfe
05-12-2007, 03:52 PM
Kerry lost the '04 election the moment he called Lambeau "Lambert Field".

Fire Me Boy!
05-12-2007, 03:56 PM
In all seriousness, what if he came to KC and said George Brett was mediocre?

Thig Lyfe
05-12-2007, 03:58 PM
In all seriousness, what if he came to KC and said George Brett was mediocre?

George Brett would personally fracture his skull.

irishjayhawk
05-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Still not as bad as his Congressional presentation using cardboard displays and talking zygotes.

Ultra Peanut
05-12-2007, 04:40 PM
I WANT ALL YOU FAT, BUCKTOOTHED WISCONSIN DOUCHEBAGS TO GET A GOOD LOOK AT A REAL MAN!!!...HIT THE MUSIC!!!Cheap heat! Cheap heat!

Still not as bad as his Congressional presentation using cardboard displays and talking zygotes.I have no idea what you're talking about, and I certainly don't treasure the image I have of that.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=68732&stc=1