PDA

View Full Version : Looking for CP's thoughts on these new FAs:

Direckshun
05-13-2007, 06:26 PM
I know nothing about either of these gents. I liked their stat lines and wonder what the great minds of ChiefsPlanet think.

=======================

Eagles release veteran DT Rayburn (http://www.nbcactionnews.com/sports/nfl/story.aspx?content_id=d6afdb89-e385-4e05-946e-6628ee82be15)

The Philadelphia Eagles released veteran defensive tackle Sam Rayburn on Friday.

Rayburn originally signed with the club as a rookie free agent out of Tulsa and spent his first four NFL seasons in Philadelphia, recording 101 tackles and nine sacks in 52 games.

Rayburn was made expendable after Philadelphia signed a pair of defensive tackles in free agency, Montae Reagor and Ian Scott.

=======================

Falcons terminate CB Webster's contract

The Atlanta Falcons terminated the contract of veteran cornerback Jason Webster on Thursday.

Webster appeared in eight games (seven starts) last season for Atlanta, registering 47 tackles and two interceptions.

Before being placed on injured reserve in late December, Webster was inactive for seven straight games.

In three seasons with Atlanta, Webster compiled 178 tackles in 33 games.

=======================

I know Rayburn's a longshot because our DT position's loaded right now.

But we need depth at CB like plants need water. Webster got cut from injury problems -- but as a backup CB, his risk of injury would vastly decrease. Plus he put up pretty good numbers for only half a season's worth.

Easy 6
05-13-2007, 07:24 PM
It wouldnt surprise me in the least to see Webster sign up with us, i think its a forgone conclusion that we sign atleast 1 more CB...he's never been great, but he's never been terrible either...sounds like a good backup to me.

Bowser
05-13-2007, 07:25 PM
It wouldnt surprise me in the least to see Webster sign up with us, i think its a forgone conclusion that we sign atleast 1 more CB...he's never been great, but he's never been terrible either...sounds like a good backup to me.

He's the shorter version of Lenny Walls we've been looking for!

Easy 6
05-13-2007, 07:28 PM
He's the shorter version of Lenny Walls we've been looking for!

Heh, he's not ideal by any means & hopefully someone a bit better gets cut in June, but names like Phinnisee, Bragg & Butler leave me with a sinking feeling.

Direckshun
05-13-2007, 09:08 PM
47 tackles, 2 interceptions in eight games, people.

That's really good. That's on pace for 80-90 tackles, 4 interceptions. I'll take that as a backup.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-14-2007, 12:00 AM
47 tackles, 2 interceptions in eight games, people.

That's really good. That's on pace for 80-90 tackles, 4 interceptions. I'll take that as a backup.

Deltha O'Neal regularly is among the league leaders in INTs. It doesn't mean he's a good corner.

Direckshun
05-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Deltha O'Neal regularly is among the league leaders in INTs. It doesn't mean he's a good corner.
Well, we'd sure take him.

Direckshun
05-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Nobody else has a thought?

Easy 6
05-14-2007, 10:20 AM

I reckon i'ze wunderin' if ya had any more of 'at potted meat back at the store...

Chiefnj
05-14-2007, 10:22 AM
I'd bring in Rayburn. I could care less how many DT's the Chiefs currently have on the roster. The guys they resigned didn't do much last year and the rookies will just have to compete.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-14-2007, 11:35 AM

Yes. Did you know that a boars ejaculate can fill a quart jar?