PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler Sold

Buehler445
05-14-2007, 08:39 AM
Wow.

Diamler-Benz only lost $30 BILLION on the deal. Your thoughts?

http://money.cnn.com/2007/05/14/news/companies/chrysler_sale/index.htm?postversion=2007051406

Frazod
05-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Wow.

Diamler-Benz only lost $30 BILLION on the deal. Your thoughts?

HemiEd will be thrilled. He hates those damned Krauts. :D

BigMeatballDave
05-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Who bought them?

Buehler445
05-14-2007, 08:47 AM
My bad, I forgot the URL. I got it fixed. Sorry I'm a tard.

BigMeatballDave
05-14-2007, 08:50 AM
Who bought them? Cerberus? Who the **** are they?

htismaqe
05-14-2007, 08:55 AM
Cerberus? Who the **** are they?

A company that specializes in buying struggling companies and reorganizing them...

eazyb81
05-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Cerberus? Who the **** are they?

Big PE firm. Some smart mofo's, they are going to turn that company around.

BigMeatballDave
05-14-2007, 08:57 AM
Big PE firm. Some smart mofo's, they are going to turn that company around.I hope so. I have an 07 Dodge Ram.
:)

htismaqe
05-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Big PE firm. Some smart mofo's, they are going to turn that company around.

Yep.

They've got an EXCELLENT track record.

The only issue is that, although they've been very successful at turn-arounds in the past, some of the decisions they've had to make have been somewhat "painful" for those affected.

kepp
05-14-2007, 09:55 AM
I hope so. I have an 07 Dodge Ram.
I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but, as part of Cerberus' first move, you're being downsized. You'll have to turn in your Ram for a Dakota.

Buehler445
05-14-2007, 10:20 AM
One major Private Equity (PE) firms have is that they don't necessarily turn in reports to the SEC for public viewing. This keeps the public eye off of them while they destroy the company heirarchy and fire many employees. In this case, I feel that it is important, because the company, like the other members of the Big 3, got bloated under Lee Iacocca, and there is no way the public would let them survive when they learned what they are going to do to the company.

BigMeatballDave
05-14-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but, as part of Cerberus' first move, you're being downsized. You'll have to turn in your Ram for a Dakota.

HemiEd
05-14-2007, 10:36 AM
HemiEd will be thrilled. He hates those damned Krauts. :D

Wow, Tim, you are not kidding! I can now order that new Challenger! This is exciting news, YEEEEHAAAAW!

I noticed the article mentioned nothing about the billions that Chrysler had in the bank when Daimler bought them, and tried to turn them into a BMW.
I hope they bring some front wheel drive cars back, they are the best in winter driving

Fat Elvis
05-14-2007, 10:46 AM
From Wikipedia....

In Greek mythology, Cerberus or Kerberos (Greek Κέρβερος, Kerberos, "demon of the pit") was the hound of Hades, a monstrous three-headed dog (sometimes said to have 50 or 100 heads) with a snake for a tail; he was also seen with a dragon's tail and serpentine mane.

Cerberus guarded the gate to Hades and ensured that spirits of the dead could enter, but none could exit (additionally no living person was to come into Hades).

That has to make Chrysler employees feel good about thier future considering that Daimler thought it was a dead company.

Frazod
05-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Wow, Tim, you are not kidding! I can now order that new Challenger! This is exciting news, YEEEEHAAAAW!

I noticed the article mentioned nothing about the billions that Chrysler had in the bank when Daimler bought them, and tried to turn them into a BMW.
I hope they bring some front wheel drive cars back, they are the best in winter driving

Be sure to let me know when you're doing that. :)

Kerberos
05-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Sounds like Middle Management will be getting the AXE if re-organization still works the same?

BigMeatballDave
05-14-2007, 11:07 AM

I hope they bring some front wheel drive cars back, they are the best in winter drivingOh, my! That thing is badass!
http://www.dodge.com/dodge_life/news/car_news/img/challenger_news.jpg

HemiEd
05-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Be sure to let me know when you're doing that. :)

Oh you bet I will, you will be one of the first to get a ride. Your Mustang is still the only one of those I have ever ridden in.
I am now going to get busy on this, I can't think of too many things that would have been better news, other than the employees buying the company. PBJ PBJ PBJ

HemiEd
05-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Sounds like Middle Management will be getting the AXE if re-organization still works the same?

One of the first things Daimler did, was to get rid of Chrysler top management, the talent that turned the company around before. They were the ones that had made Chrysler profitable and build a stock pile of money. They only wanted "yes men" left in place, here in the U.S. from what one of my insider friends told me.

HemiEd
05-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Oh, my! That thing is badass!
http://www.dodge.com/dodge_life/news/car_news/img/challenger_news.jpg

I agree, and it is supposed to be out this fall, last I heard. :drool: