PDA

View Full Version : Christmas is Tomorrow

Simplex3
05-14-2007, 07:19 PM
LMAO

Just ask my 3yo son who's perusing a Thomas the Train toy catalog and making a list of demands. I'm afraid I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night to a hostage situation.

DenverChief
05-14-2007, 07:28 PM
ROFL nice gotta love kids...the hostage situation won't develop till sometime tomorrow afternoon when it is apparent that Santa isn't coming

Simplex3
05-14-2007, 07:30 PM
ROFL nice gotta love kids...the hostage situation won't develop till sometime tomorrow afternoon when it is apparent that Santa isn't coming
As a law enforcement officer, how can you best deal with a hostage situation. I know that you should never tell the kidnapper "no" and that you should never give them any of their demands. Any other tips?

DenverChief
05-14-2007, 07:33 PM
As a law enforcement officer, how can you best deal with a hostage situation. I know that you should never tell the kidnapper "no" and that you should never give them any of their demands. Any other tips?

Offer the hostage taker something much cheaper as a token of your trust for later greater reward (and hopefully he forgets his much bigger demands in the days ahead) like the pizza or burgers trick :thumb:

crazycoffey
05-14-2007, 08:07 PM
shoot the hostage....

NewChief
05-14-2007, 08:09 PM
My brother-in-law's twins are nutty for that Thomas the Train crap. Booooooooooring. They've been obsessing over them for going on 2 years, now. I'm glad my son hasn't gotten into it yet.

Simplex3
05-14-2007, 08:11 PM
My brother-in-law's twins are nutty for that Thomas the Train crap. Booooooooooring. They've been obsessing over them for going on 2 years, now. I'm glad my son hasn't gotten into it yet.
I figure anything is better than Barney.

Simplex3
05-14-2007, 08:11 PM
shoot the hostage....
What if *I'm* the hostage?

NewChief
05-14-2007, 08:13 PM
I figure anything is better than Barney.

Definitely true. Luckily my son isn't into Barney, either. He just likes cars, animals, and books at this point. He doesn't like to watch TV or videos, so I've been able to avoid the bombardment of specific characters and companies up to this point. I'm sure that will change eventually. My mother-in-law's greatest fear is that he's going to start school without knowing who Mickey Mouse is. ROFL

crazycoffey
05-14-2007, 08:17 PM

it takes the power away from the hostage taker, swallow the lead pill - take one for your *country* (by that I mean family)

FWIW-thomas is far and away better than barney, or -gulp- tellytubbies

NewChief
05-14-2007, 08:21 PM
FWIW-thomas is far and away better than barney, or -gulp- tellytubbies

Probably the worst kidstrosity I've seen on TV lately are these things called The Doodlebops. The worst part about them is that they're supposed to be a band, and they tour. So not only do parents have to watch them on TV, but they have to pay money for tickets to take their kids to see them in concert when they tour.

My son is also huge into music, so I'll probably get roped into one of those one of these days. Maybe I'll tell him we're going to see the Doodlebops, then take him to a bluegrass or some other real music, show instead. Just tell him that the Doodlebops forgot their costumes.

Simplex3
05-14-2007, 08:26 PM
My son is also huge into music, so I'll probably get roped into one of those one of these days. Maybe I'll tell him we're going to see the Doodlebops, then take him to a bluegrass or some other real music, show instead. Just tell him that the Doodlebops forgot their costumes.
ROFL Good luck with that. There'll be mass killings at your place... ROFL

RealSNR
05-14-2007, 09:46 PM
I figure anything is better than Barney.I remember when Barney first appeared when I was about 8. My sister told me that the guy in the dinosaur suit was Michael Jordan because they couldn't find anyone tall enough and I believed her.

Since then, I've always had a strange phobia of ever encountering a man in a dinosaur suit in a game of basketball...

05-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Well? Whats the problem? Gitr dun!!!!!!

greg63
05-14-2007, 09:49 PM
I love kids at that age. LMAO

Hammock Parties
05-14-2007, 09:51 PM
I was a product of television blackout. I spent the majority of my first 11 years on this planet with only four TV channels. My favorite TV shows were "Thunderbirds" and "The Time Tunnel."

I was born in 1981 and don't give a shit about Thundercats, The Transformers or GI Joe. My parents saved a buttload of cash on plastic bullshit.

Moral of the story: Don't let your kids watch TV. :D

05-14-2007, 09:55 PM
I was a product of television blackout. I spent the majority of my first 11 years on this planet with only four TV channels. My favorite TV shows were "Thunderbirds" and "The Time Tunnel."

I was born in 1981 and don't give a shit about Thundercats, The Transformers or GI Joe. My parents saved a buttload of cash on plastic bullshit.

Moral of the story: Don't let your kids watch TV. :D
So you didn't have ANY of the Star Wars shit right?

Hammock Parties
05-14-2007, 09:56 PM
So you didn't have ANY of the Star Wars shit right?

The only Star Wars shit I had growing up I got from a friend for free. I had a couple of lame "storybooks" that I got at some shitty second-hand sale.

05-14-2007, 09:58 PM
The only Star Wars shit I had growing up I got from a friend for free. I had a couple of lame "storybooks" that I got at some shitty second-hand sale.
Nothing like a friend that gives you free shit.

We found one of those lame story books at a garage sale. My kids didn't even like it. It was damn corney.

Hammock Parties
05-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Nothing like a friend that gives you free shit.

We found one of those lame story books at a garage sale. My kids didn't even like it. It was damn corney.

I LOVED it. In fact, I still have it

But, I remember when I got it. I was SO ****ING THRILLED to have it. I remember thinking..."this is MINE...and no one can take it away...EVER!"

Donger
05-14-2007, 10:00 PM
My boy recently told me that he was done with Thomas. I couldn't believe it. Made the wife cry.

But, Simplex, get the videotapes/DVDs. There's one with George Carlin doing the narration. I hoped that he'd freak out and start on a rant, but he never did.