PDA

View Full Version : Sinoff thread... do you have any tats?

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Personally I love 'em... although I only have one so far. That's gonna change though.

I have a red script "R" with black wings coming up from behind it and above it on my right inner forearm... for my daughter Raven.

Getting a cross with my dad's initials in it on my upper left arm soon... he died in January. It's addictive once you start. I want more but haven't decided what and where yet. I've always considered Chiefs and Jayhawk logos... maybe a portrait of carl peterson...???

... or not.

:)

Who else has ink?

The haters can just bite me now btw...

:p

el borracho
05-14-2007, 08:03 PM
No ink.

DaFace
05-14-2007, 08:04 PM
A "sinoff" thread? Cool!

I poked a badger with a spoon.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-14-2007, 08:05 PM
A "sinoff" thread? Cool!

I poked a badger with a spoon.
Yeah... I'm smooth.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-14-2007, 08:07 PM
No ink.
Well the question wasn't who doesn't have ink.......

:)

cdcox
05-14-2007, 08:07 PM
I was hoping it was a signoff thread :p

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-14-2007, 08:08 PM
I was hoping it was a signoff thread :p
One day... hold your breath...

:p

JBucc
05-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Bet thred ear

Silock
05-14-2007, 08:09 PM
We're having a Sin-off? Is that like a bake-off?

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-14-2007, 08:10 PM
We're having a Sin-off? Is that like a bake-off?
Exactly the same thing but without the fruitcake.

Hammock Parties
05-14-2007, 08:12 PM
A sin off? **** YEAH. I'M BREAKING OUT THE STRAP ON'S AND SUPER-DOUCHE LUBE, BABY! WHO WANTS LEATHER UNDERWEAR?

Simplex3
05-14-2007, 08:12 PM
A sin off? **** YEAH. I'M BREAKING OUT THE STRAP ON'S AND SUPER-DOUCHE LUBE, BABY! WHO WANTS LEATHER UNDERWEAR?
He said without the fruitcake.

siberian khatru
05-14-2007, 08:13 PM
I have JimNasium's name tattooed on my ass.

Donger
05-14-2007, 08:14 PM
No. I don't need to have ink placed beneath my skin in order to feel good about myself.

CoMoChief
05-14-2007, 08:16 PM
"Tattoos are permanent marks of temporary insanity."
-Santa Claus-

Dr. Johnny Fever
He said without the fruitcake.
ROFL

Dr. Johnny Fever
No. I don't need to have ink placed beneath my skin in order to feel good about myself.
Neither do I.

It always makes me laugh when people have to post on a thread that has nothing to do with them or anything they're interested in, just to tell us so. Attention is needed apparently. They must need to feel good about themselves by being above it all.

Donger
05-14-2007, 08:18 PM
Neither do I.

Then why do you do it?

Zebedee DuBois
05-14-2007, 08:19 PM
How could I buy stock in tatoo removal?

Donger
05-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Neither do I.

It always makes me laugh when people have to post on a thread that has nothing to do with them or anything they're interested in, just to tell us so. Attention is needed apparently. They must need to feel good about themselves by being above it all.

Even more amusing is when a thread starter ask a question, and it is answered, and the thread starter complains about the responses.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Then why do you do it?
Because I like it. The way it looks. The way it expresses something in me I want to express. I only get and want tats that have meaning to me personally... my daughter... may dad. Some people shave their heads, some dress one way or another, some people get tats. It doesn't mean they're insecure or ugly... open minded maybe... but that's a good thing to some of us.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Even more amusing is when a thread starter ask a question, and it is answered, and the thread starter complains about the responses.
I asked who else has ink. I didn't ask for a roll call of the judgemental.

Donger
05-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Because I like it. The way it looks. The way it expresses something in me I want to express. I only get and want tats that have meaning to me personally... my daughter... may dad. Some people shave their heads, some dress one way or another, some people get tats. It doesn't mean they're insecure or ugly... open minded maybe... but that's a good thing to some of us.

Express? To whom? Surely, you know that you love your daughter and you father, yes?

Donger
05-14-2007, 08:25 PM
I asked who else has ink. I didn't ask for a roll call of the judgemental.

You also asked, "do you have any tats?"

Did you not?

I replied no, and gave you why not. If you don't want to know why, ignore it.

luv
05-14-2007, 08:27 PM
I have three. A rose inside a droplet on my left ankle, a band of roses around my right ankle, and the chinese symbols for "destiny" above my right shoulder blade.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Express? To whom? Surely, you know that you love your daughter and you father, yes?
Forget it Donger. Tats aren't your thing and that's fine. I'm not going to debate my life's motivations with you. It doesn't matter to me what you think and I'm sure it doesn't matter to you what I do or think.

Peace.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-14-2007, 08:28 PM
I have three. A rose inside a droplet on my left ankle, a band of roses around my right ankle, and the chinese symbols for "destiny" above my right shoulder blade.
I luv it. You rock. Getting any more?

el borracho
05-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Aw, jeez. Are you guys really so bored that you're fighting about the significance of tattoos? Who effing cares? If you like them and you want one- get it. If you don't like them or don't want one- don't get one. It's really simple. I don't like anchovies on my pizza but I don't care if others do and I certainly wouldn't try to psychoanalyze them for it. It's just their personal preference.

luv
05-14-2007, 08:29 PM
I luv it. You rock. Getting any more?
Nope.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Aw, jeez. Are you guys really so bored that you're fighting about the significance of tattoos? Who effing cares? If you like them and you want one- get it. If you don't like them or don't want one- don't get one. It's really simple. I don't like anchovies on my pizza but I don't care if others do and I certainly wouldn't try to psychoanalyze them for it. It's just their personal preference.
That's kind of what I thought. Hence I'm said I'm done with it.

Donger
05-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Forget it Donger. Tats aren't your thing and that's fine. I'm not going to debate my life's motivations with you. It doesn't matter to me what you think and I'm sure it doesn't matter to you what I do or think.

Peace.

Then you shouldn't have responded to me about what I wrote.

Simple stuff.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Nope.
Three's a good number and your placement is easy to hide.... cool for you.

Donger
05-14-2007, 08:33 PM

Sorry, but I find it interesting. I've never heard a decent explanation as to their motivation from anyone who has gotten a tatoo. I've always been curious, so I ask.

88TG88
05-14-2007, 08:36 PM
I was gonna get one but I couldn't think of something cool enough. I wanted something that wasn't to big and wouldn't get me killed.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-14-2007, 08:39 PM
I was gonna get one but I couldn't think of something cool enough. I wanted something that wasn't to big and wouldn't get me killed.
It took me a long time... years actually to decide what I wanted. Always wanted one though. Once I had a kid the answer was clear.

Donger
05-14-2007, 08:41 PM
It took me a long time... years actually to decide what I wanted. Always wanted one though. Once I had a kid the answer was clear.

Having a child made you decide to finally get a tatoo?

ClevelandBronco
05-14-2007, 08:44 PM
I accidentally stabbed myself with a Rapidograph pen 30 years ago and I still have a spot of black ink on my left index finger.

Yeah. I'm bad.

Phobia
05-14-2007, 08:44 PM
I did 5 years in the USMC with at least 18 months of it overseas and survived without getting ink. I'm probably one of the few.

I don't have anything against tats on a dude, I could never find anything I wanted etched onto my body for eternity.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-14-2007, 08:46 PM
I accidentally stabbed myself with a Rapidograph pen 30 years ago and I still have a spot of black ink on my left index finger.

Yeah. I'm bad.
ROFL

It's you man.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-14-2007, 08:47 PM
I could never find anything I wanted etched onto my body for eternity.
I can understand that.

crazycoffey
05-14-2007, 08:48 PM
almost a couple of times, but the two times I went in the artist said I was too drunk.

Once I went to get calvin and hobbes (them riding in the wagon) on my back shoulder.

the second time was the MP cross pistols on my upper arm/shoulder.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/29/MilitaryPoliceCorpBC.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:MilitaryPoliceCorpBC.gif)

More recently I thought about a winged wheel, while on the bike alot of the guys got one, I almost did, but didn't.

crazycoffey
05-14-2007, 08:48 PM
I did 5 years in the USMC with at least 18 months of it overseas and survived without getting ink. I'm probably one of the few.

I don't have anything against tats on a dude, I could never find anything I wanted etched onto my body for eternity.

that's kinda the boat I fell onto also.....

plbrdude
05-14-2007, 08:56 PM
i don't have any. reason, don't want any.

luv
05-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Sorry, but I find it interesting. I've never heard a decent explanation as to their motivation from anyone who has gotten a tatoo. I've always been curious, so I ask.
Mine was for the shock value. People find out I've got a few small tattoos, and they say, "YOU have tattoos?" Yep, so? I like the ones I've got, and I believe they are tastefully done/placed. If they think I'm less of a person for having them, then that's their problem. Having a tattoo doesn't change who you are as a person, and I don't believe that only certain kinds of people get tattoos.

Donger
05-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Mine was for the shock value. People find out I've got a few small tattoos, and they say, "YOU have tattoos?" Yep, so? I like the ones I've got, and I believe they are tastefully done/placed. If they think I'm less of a person for having them, then that's their problem. Having a tattoo doesn't change who you are as a person, and I don't believe that only certain kinds of people get tattoos.

I can understand that. Hell, when I was 14, my hair was dyed blond with a foot long rat tail.

luv
05-14-2007, 09:09 PM
I can understand that. Hell, when I was 14, my hair was dyed blond with a foot long rat tail.
LOL

I remember rat tails. I wonder whatever made those things cool?

MikeTheWildcat
05-14-2007, 09:29 PM
A couple of tats, what can I say, I'm a Sailor! :thailor:

My wife has one also, a true Navy wife!!!

Donger
05-14-2007, 09:29 PM
LOL

I remember rat tails. I wonder whatever made those things cool?

Youth.

Jenson71
05-14-2007, 10:46 PM
No, they're stupid.

Just as stupid are the kids that brand themselves. I had a classmate that branded his girlfriend's name into his arm. Less than a year later, they had broken up.

When I asked him if he regretted getting branded then, he said that "no, it reminds me of the mistakes I've made in life."

Moron. Some people have their minds. Other people need to spend a week's paycheck on ink to etch into their skin.

pr_capone
05-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Moron. Some people have their minds. Other people need to spend a week's paycheck on ink to etch into their skin.

A little harsh there.... dontcha think?

It is one thing to say that they are not for you, but to slam those who do is a completely different matter.

As for me.... I have 4 with plans for a half sleeve on my right arm and my kids (when we have them) names.... unless they are REALLY ugly as then we might put the kid up for adoption. :D

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-15-2007, 01:37 AM
I have the ladder of transmigration on my right shoulder blade. It's not that big though, about 1 1/2 times the size of a postage stamp.

Miles
05-15-2007, 02:02 AM
No, they're stupid.

Just as stupid are the kids that brand themselves. I had a classmate that branded his girlfriend's name into his arm. Less than a year later, they had broken up.

When I asked him if he regretted getting branded then, he said that "no, it reminds me of the mistakes I've made in life."

I really dislike tats and honestly don't really understand the desire to get them. Something like neck tattoos, I will agree couldn't be more of a mistake if that person cares about a professional career.

I also think its close minded to think less of someones intelligence or ability just because they have some tats.

keg in kc
05-15-2007, 02:25 AM
Oh hell no.

Ultra Peanut
05-15-2007, 06:30 AM
Did somebody say "boat?"

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ACDlGEnysZY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ACDlGEnysZY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Kraut
05-15-2007, 06:48 AM
I have 4

Radar Chief
05-15-2007, 07:15 AM

I have a small outline of a bull, buffalo, on my left pectoral.
It was placed there in the traditional Cherokee style, with a sharpened piece of bone wrapped in leather and dipped in Indian ink, by a Cherokee shaman after a vision quest. It’s my totem (spirit guide).

MOhillbilly
05-15-2007, 07:23 AM
i have lots of ink.

Jenson71
05-15-2007, 07:35 AM
I really dislike tats and honestly don't really understand the desire to get them. Something like neck tattoos, I will agree couldn't be more of a mistake if that person cares about a professional career.

I also think its close minded to think less of someones intelligence or ability just because they have some tats.

No, I don't think all people who get them are dumb. But my classmate who branded himself and got them was a moron.

Jenson71
05-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Lindsey Lohan has a white one on her wrist that says "Breathe". Conan O'Brien asked her if it was because she forgot sometimes. She said that yes, she does forget to breathe at times.

People that can barely feed their kids but have arms full of tattoos = morons.

ChiTown
05-15-2007, 07:43 AM
I've got my kids names tattooed on my arm.

My wife has a tat below her waistline....which I think is sexy as hell.

crazycoffey
05-15-2007, 09:16 AM

HA I did the blond streaks on the sides, in a feather. And my rat tail was on one side as opposed to right in the middle. Along with Jams shorts and those stupid sunglasses that were like all plastic blinds.....

We were such idiots back then. ( ROFL )

Radar Chief
05-15-2007, 09:31 AM
HA I did the blond streaks on the sides, in a feather. And my rat tail was on one side as opposed to right in the middle. Along with Jams shorts and those stupid sunglasses that were like all plastic blinds.....

Eh, I used to sport parachute pants. And a mullet.

crazycoffey
05-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Eh, I used to sport parachute pants. And a mullet.

yeah, I remember the parachute pants too, how about the tight roled stone washed jeans? sockless deck shoes?

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-15-2007, 09:40 AM

Wow, I hadn't thought of jams in forever and three days. I used to have a pair with airbrushed beach scenery all over them. Sexy.

:doh!:

Radar Chief
05-15-2007, 09:40 AM
yeah, I remember the parachute pants too, how about the tight roled stone washed jeans? sockless deck shoes?

Stone washed, acid washed. Should’ve just called them “fall apart the first time you wash’em” pants.

crazycoffey
05-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Wow, I hadn't thought of jams in forever and three days. I used to have a pair with airbrushed beach scenery all over them. Sexy.

:doh!:

I had several, I never boarded but hung out with several skateboarders.

I remember a pant and shirt brand named Rad Rat or something?????

crazycoffey
05-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Stone washed, acid washed. Should’ve just called them “fall apart the first time you wash’em” pants.

you weren't suposed to wash them???

The Franchise
05-15-2007, 11:43 AM
I have three.

A wizard on my right arm...
A cross on my left arm
And the shock symbol on the back of my neck.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n189/pestilenceaf23/1029182981_l.jpg

MOhillbilly
05-15-2007, 11:44 AM
I have three.

A wizard on my right arm...
A cross on my left arm
And the shock symbol on the back of my neck.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n189/pestilenceaf23/1029182981_l.jpg

what is that supposed to mean?

Ultra Peanut
05-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Neo-nazis get it to show solidarity.

MOhillbilly
05-15-2007, 11:48 AM

ive known lots of nazis in my day and never seenone.

The Franchise
05-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Alright. It's from Marilyn Manson's album....Anti-Christ Superstar.

Say what you want.....it's part of who I am. It helped me become who I am......a n00b on the planet.

MOhillbilly
05-15-2007, 11:52 AM

Say what you want.....it's part of who I am. It helped me become who I am......a n00b on the planet.

how did it help you become who you are?

The Franchise
05-15-2007, 11:56 AM
I used to be a timid little fat kid.....and once I started listening to his music.....it inspired me to find out what I was...or who I wanted to become.

No I'm not a goth kid...or an emo kid.

luv
05-15-2007, 11:56 AM
MOhillbilly -

Where do you get yours done? I've got one that I need to fix. Turns out, I don't hold yellow well, so I have a blank outlined rose I need to get filled. Definitely not going back to where I got it done.

The Franchise
05-15-2007, 11:57 AM

It also stands for high voltage.....and a Navy officers rank.

MOhillbilly
05-15-2007, 11:59 AM
MOhillbilly -

Where do you get yours done? I've got one that I need to fix. Turns out, I don't hold yellow well, so I have a blank outlined rose I need to get filled. Definitely not going back to where I got it done.

the guys who did mine are long gone, but Joe over at Little II or hearts of fire on kearney is where id start in spfld.

if you want something real good brad fink in Stl. is imo fantastic.

MOhillbilly
05-15-2007, 12:00 PM

so marylin manson helped you become a man?

luv
05-15-2007, 12:01 PM
the guys who did mine are long gone, but Joe over at Little II or hearts of fire on kearney is where id start in spfld.

if you want something real good brad fink in Stl. is imo fantastic.
Thanks.

I got my first one done at Majestic. I was thinking of trying him again, but just wanted your opinion. Oh, never go to Raven's Ink in Nixa.

The Franchise
05-15-2007, 12:05 PM
so marylin manson helped you become a man?

Ironic...isn't it?

MOhillbilly
05-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Thanks.

I got my first one done at Majestic. I was thinking of trying him again, but just wanted your opinion. Oh, never go to Raven's Ink in Nixa.

DO NOT GO BACK TO MAJESTIC.

ive known this guy for close to 20 years

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=18742338

Radar Chief
05-15-2007, 12:07 PM
MOhillbilly -

Brighter colors fade, particularly if you tan.
Go ahead and get the yellow colored back in, but it will fade again after a couple years.

MOhillbilly
05-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Go ahead and get the yellow colored back in, but it will fade again after a couple years.

good color by people who know how to push ink doesnt fade.

majestic is a HACK.

luv
05-15-2007, 12:12 PM
It didn't fade. When the scab was coming off, all of my color was there axcept for the yellow.

The Franchise
05-15-2007, 12:15 PM
It didn't fade. When the scab was coming off, all of my color was there axcept for the yellow.

I'm the same way....for some reason I can't hold white.

HemiEd
05-15-2007, 12:20 PM
How could I buy stock in tatoo removal?

I have thought the same thing for a while. Here is a company that advertises a lot, on the Sirius NFL channel.

http://www.wreckingbalm.com/

NewChief
05-15-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm going to get a coverup of an existing tat one of these days. I don't even want to admit what my existing tat is. I haven't decided what to do for a coverup, but it will likely involve something with my father and his death.

MOhillbilly
05-15-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm going to get a coverup of an existing tat one of these days. I don't even want to admit what my existing tat is. I haven't decided what to do for a coverup, but it will likely involve something with my father and his death.

black flag bars.

NewChief
05-15-2007, 12:26 PM
black flag bars.

For some reason, I don't think that Black Flag bars will be a fitting tribute to my dad, though that's a good idea for a coverup.

MOhillbilly
05-15-2007, 12:29 PM
For some reason, I don't think that Black Flag bars will be a fitting tribute to my dad, though that's a good idea for a coverup.

i meant thats what you had now.
if its not that then i bet its this-
SXE

NewChief
05-15-2007, 12:30 PM
i meant thats what you had now.
if its not that then i bet its this-
SXE

LOL

You couldn't be further off. This tat came in my hippy days when I followed the Dead around. If it were something at least halfway "hard" like that, I might actually keep it.

teedubya
05-15-2007, 12:32 PM
I have

A55 RGY tattooed right by my bung.

MOhillbilly
05-15-2007, 12:58 PM
I have

A55 RGY tattooed right by my bung.

you have ASS ORGY on your bung?