PDA

View Full Version : What happened with Sorend Petro today?

Silock
05-16-2007, 06:35 PM
I heard he went nuts on the air. Totally lost it and called out Keitzman.

Anyone that can fill me in on the story?

KcMizzou
05-16-2007, 06:39 PM
I heard it. He got pissed because some caller was bagging on Mike Sweeney. Called the guy a moron, and (I'm paraphrasing here) said people like the caller and Keitzman know nothing about baseball. Told the caller he should call back at 2pm and he and Keitz could pile on the guy all they want.

He went on to say people hate on Sweeney because of the money, and that Sweeney's 10 times the man he (Petro) is, and if anyone deserves it, it's him.

KcMizzou
05-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Keitz addressed it in his show. Said as he listened, he knew the caller was pushing Petro's button's and that he was about to lose it.

He was pretty diplomatic about the whole thing, but you could tell he wasn't pleased at all. He mentioned a couple times that he was "lumped in" with the caller and called a moron.

It'd be interesting to be a fly on the wall.

KcMizzou
05-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Petro basically just took it very, very personally. Like Sweeney might be a close personal friend, or something.

Edit: That or there's been trouble brewing between him and Keitzman for a while.

Thig Lyfe
05-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Sweeney's a good guy and all, but he's still not worth the money he's being paid right now.

Demonpenz
05-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Where is all the hate for Tony pena jr?!!!! He sucks!!! He is worse than berrora and you people aren't calling in now!!>!>!>!>!>!>!>! Soren was all over the royals today. With good reason. I guess it is because I have seen shitty baseball from the royals but i think buck and pena have been doing an alright. He was all over TPJ saying how he sucks and he thinks berrora is better. He was like CATCH THE FREAKING BALL CATCH THE FREAKING BALL all day long. I was pissed about yesterday too because we have our 2 best 3 basemen play out of position. I dunno soren really loves the royals but he is down on them. "How do you think they got gobble to throw sidearm? The coaches probably had beers and said, hey lets have him throw sidearm!"

Thig Lyfe
05-16-2007, 06:47 PM
!!>!>!>!>!>!>!>!

plbrdude
05-16-2007, 06:48 PM
i heard that today and really didn't realize that he did lump keitzman in on the moron thing. overall i thought it was pretty funny. i didn't get to hear keitzman today. i always enjoy listening to him though i don't always agree with what he's saying. boy, if he's a moron what would that make jim rome?

KcMizzou
05-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Where is all the hate for Tony pena jr?!!!! He sucks!!! He is worse than berrora and you people aren't calling in now!!>!>!>!>!>!>!>! Soren was all over the royals today. With good reason. I guess it is because I have seen shitty baseball from the royals but i think buck and pena have been doing an alright. He was all over TPJ saying how he sucks and he thinks berrora is better. He was like CATCH THE FREAKING BALL CATCH THE FREAKING BALL all day long. I was pissed about yesterday too because we have our 2 best 3 basemen play out of position. I dunno soren really loves the royals but he is down on them. "How do you think they got gobble to throw sidearm? The coaches probably had beers and said, hey lets have him throw sidearm!"Yep. I didn't get all the TPJ hate. Hell, the guy had 4 hits last night. (Petro chalked all 4 up to luck)

I say this as a big Petro fan. It struck me as a guy who might be bringing other problems to work with him. Of course, I have nothing to base that on.

Demonpenz
05-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Soren needs to take a chill pill. He was banging his drum that the royals were going to stink this year and he wasn't happy with all of daytons moves. Congrats you were right, you REALLY went out on a limb and predicted that one. Yes we get it, you are fat, your house needs work, and you're fat.

Demonpenz
05-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Yep. I didn't get all the TPJ hate. Hell, the guy had 4 hits last night. (Petro chalked all 4 up to luck)

I say this as a big Petro fan. It struck me as a guy who might be bringing other problems to work with him. Of course, I have nothing to base that on.

he disguarded all four hits because they were weekly hit.. Well you know what? You hit them were they aren't. Wade boggs and Tony gywnn hit slow rollers for hits all the time. I haven't listened to soren for awhile but I listened today and he cut off pretty much any person who had an opinion.

KcMizzou
05-16-2007, 06:53 PM
he disguarded all four hits because they were weekly hit.. Well you know what? You hit them were they aren't. Wade boggs and Tony gywnn hit slow rollers for hits all the time. I haven't listened to soren for awhile but I listened today and he cut off pretty much any person who had an opinion.Agree on both points.

Demonpenz
05-16-2007, 06:54 PM
The sad thing is I honestly though we were going to "stay the course" of course we are starting to **** around with everyone like we ususally do. Baird and dayton have no shot here. grienke to bullpen to starting, gordon 3rd to first, teahan to RF, Teahan to CF. Next thing you know Grienke will be closing and we will be back to the same thing with affelt.

Mr. Laz
05-16-2007, 06:59 PM
you people aren't calling in now!!>!>!>
"you people"

Petro can barely contain his general disdain and borderline hatred for the sports fans that call.

without them he'd be unemployed ... but that doesn't stop him.

he's a dickhead ... always has been.

KcMizzou
05-16-2007, 07:01 PM
"you people"

Petro can barely contain his general disdain and borderline hatred for the sports fans that call.

without them he'd be unemployed ... but that doesn't stop him.

he's a dickhead ... always has been.Like I said before, I've always been a fan... but he certainly came off as a dickhead today.

Demonpenz
05-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Johnny renshaw is back on the air, maybe he was going to try to match JR by freaking out.

Demonpenz
05-16-2007, 07:03 PM
i as paraphrasing. He asked "where are all the people that were calling for berrora's head? or something like that.

Mr. Laz
05-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Like I said before, I've always been a fan... but he certainly came off as a dickhead today.
he just lost it today

he normally tries to hide his contempt for the fans better. If you listen to him you can hear it in his voice when he talks. If he could find some way to do the show without calls i'm sure he would.

he is JUST SO SURE that he's right/smart and all the callers are a bunch of inbred morons that he has to bite his tongue constantly.

btw - lemme say that i don't think he's stupid ... he's one of the more knowledgeable sports guys. i just can't stand his Rufus Dawes attitude.

KcMizzou
05-16-2007, 07:11 PM
he just lost it today

he normally tries to hide his contempt for the fans better. If you listen to him you can hear it in his voice when he talks. If he could find some way to do the show without calls i'm sure he would.

he is JUST SO SURE that he's right/smart and all the callers are a bunch of inbred morons that he has to bite his tongue constantly.

btw - lemme say that i don't think he's stupid ... he's one of the more knowledgeable sports guys. i just can't stand his Rufus Dawes attitude.
I think the reason I like him is because he's well... less negative about the Chiefs than Keitzman is. I've felt like Keitz has had a personal grudge against the Chiefs for years, and Petro's the lesser of two evils.

I really like Steven St. John, but he's as much morning show DJ as he is sports guy.

htismaqe
05-16-2007, 07:12 PM
he just lost it today

His attitude is NOTHING like Rufus Dawes.

I listened to Neil and Marty's call-in show today and it's easy to understand why Petro treats the callers the way he does.

They ARE morons.

KcMizzou
05-16-2007, 07:15 PM
I've often wondered why people have the urge to be a caller.

I mean, I can understand it once in a blue moon, on a whim. But to create a persona, a name, call day after day....

Jime Rome's regulars are the worst. Parroting back his tired schtick. :shake:

Mr. Laz
05-16-2007, 07:15 PM

I listened to Neil and Marty's call-in show today and it's easy to understand why Petro treats the callers the way he does.

They ARE morons.
of course you don't agree ...... you share his opinion about Chiefs fans.

ROFL

i've often wondered whether you are Petro's secret log-in name.

Demonpenz
05-16-2007, 07:16 PM

They ARE morons.

Customers are ususally morons too. Do you get to treat them like shit because they are morons?

KcMizzou
05-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Customers are ususally morons too. Do you get to treat them like shit because they are morons?
:hmmm:

Pearls of wisdom from the 'penz.

keg in kc
05-16-2007, 07:20 PM
I heard the kietzman response, but not the petro tirade.

I actually agreed with everything kietzman said, which happens like...once a decade or so.

He's still an idiot.

And Sweeney is the posterboy for the failure of the franchise. Great that he stayed in town and all. Shame he couldn't deliver anything on that giant contract he was handed.

Mr. Laz
05-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Rufus - media are a bunch if ill-informed, talking heads who don't know jack and who babble to get ratings

Petro - ditto (except himself i guess)

Rufus - fans are a bunch of know-nothing sheep who need to be told what to think

Petro - ditto

Rufus - KC fans are ungrateful and should feel lucky to have such a great and wonderful sports franchise as the Chiefs

Petro - Ditto

Rufus - Carl Peterson is a talented,under valued,under rated GM who knows so much more than the people in KC that they should just STFD and ST.FU.

Petro - ditto

yea ... his attitude is nothing like Dawes

Demonpenz
05-16-2007, 07:21 PM
I used to get pissed enough to call. I would have stats to back up my claims. Then i would wait to get on and I would go this is why I think so and so is better and they are ususally like... No your wroke... So back to my golf, bbq, kids, my house, have you seen desperate housewives? OMG american idol yesterday so funny!

Silock
05-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the rundown :)

Stuff like this is the reason I usually listen to 610, except during the Jim Rome hour.

htismaqe
05-16-2007, 07:23 PM

You act as if the people that call a radio show are the reason the guy has a job.

shaneo69
05-16-2007, 07:24 PM
he just lost it today

btw - lemme say that i don't think he's stupid ... he's one of the more knowledgeable sports guys. i just can't stand his htismaqe attitude.

FYP

KcMizzou
05-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Its was funny hearing him try to censor himself. He started of saying something like "Go... Gosh Darned"

Then as he worked himself up, you could hear it in his voice before he said it... In his mind he just said, "**** it".

"You God Damned Morons..."

LMAO

I assumed he was talking specifically about people who think like the caller, but whatever.

Mr. Laz
05-16-2007, 07:26 PM
You act as if the people that call a radio show are the reason the guy has a job.
they sure are part of the reason

the callers are the listeners

without the listeners his ratings go into the dump

low ratings = no sponsors

no sponsors = no Petro show

the radio show is the seller
the listeners are the consumers

Demonpenz
05-16-2007, 07:26 PM

They are going to be the reason he doesn't.

Micjones
05-16-2007, 07:27 PM

Stuff like this is the reason I usually listen to 610, except during the Jim Rome hour.

Agreed. Rome is the only part of 610's programming I don't care for.

KcMizzou
05-16-2007, 07:27 PM

Stuff like this is the reason I usually listen to 610, except during the Jim Rome hour.Oh hell... this was the best entertainment on 810 in a year or so.

htismaqe
05-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Fabricating facts to fit your argument doesn't suit you. You should have said "I think Petro's a prick so I don't listen and leave it at that.

Rufus - media are a bunch if ill-informed, talking heads who don't know jack and who babble to get ratings

Petro - ditto (except himself i guess)

Wrong.

Rufus - Carl Peterson is a talented,under valued,under rated GM who knows so much more than the people in KC that they should just STFD and ST.FU.

Petro - ditto

Wrong again.

Silock
05-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Oh hell... this was the best entertainment on 810 in a year or so.

Oh, I believe it. I'm sorry I missed it, actually. But aside from the blowup, I just don't find myself ever thinking that the 810 hosts are entertaining. Constantly pessimistic and generally disregard the facts when they are shown to them.

htismaqe
of course you don't agree ...... you share his opinion about Chiefs fans.

ROFL

i've often wondered whether you are Petro's secret log-in name.

ROFL

I travel 3 days a week. I listen to sports radio out of Des Moines, Omaha, Sioux Falls, Chicago, Minneapolis, and KC. The callers, for the most part, are the same.

This has NOTHING to do with Chief fans.

Mr. Laz
Fabricating facts to fit your argument doesn't suit you. You should have said "I think Petro's a prick so I don't listen and leave it at that.

Wrong.

Wrong again.
so PROVE that i'm wrong

where's the facts to prove that your not fabricating

htismaqe
they sure are part of the reason

the callers are the listeners

without the listeners his ratings go into the dump

low ratings = no sponsors

no sponsors = no Petro show

the radio show is the seller
the listeners are the consumers

Callers = less than 1% of listeners

KcMizzou
05-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Oh, I believe it. I'm sorry I missed it, actually. But aside from the blowup, I just don't find myself ever thinking that the 810 hosts are entertaining. Constantly pessimistic and generally disregard the facts when they are shown to them.I agree. St. John's cool though.

htismaqe
05-16-2007, 07:33 PM
FYP

Says the guy who's single-handedly keeping Rufus Dawes employed.

Demonpenz
05-16-2007, 07:33 PM
ROFL

I travel 3 days a week. I listen to sports radio out of Des Moines, Omaha, Sioux Falls, Chicago, Minneapolis, and KC. The callers, for the most part, are the same.

This has NOTHING to do with Chief fans.

The callers might sound the same if you hang up on the one's you disagree with.

htismaqe
05-16-2007, 07:35 PM
so PROVE that i'm wrong

where's the facts to prove that your not fabricating

I've heard Petro criticize Peterson MANY, MANY times, as have several other people here.

Unfortunately, anything less than 100% critical = apologist.

Mr. Laz
05-16-2007, 07:36 PM
they are STILL the listeners

and that 1% is so low because of the time involved

without listeners Soren Petro doesn't have a job ......... Period.

Demonpenz
05-16-2007, 07:36 PM

People who take time out to complain about a business and fill out a complaint is low too. Most people don't have the time and just don't shop there anymore.

htismaqe
05-16-2007, 07:38 PM
The callers might sound the same if you hang up on the one's you disagree with.

ROFL

Virtually every sports radio host has hung up on callers at one time or another.

Stop acting like today's show was the rule, when you know damn well it's the exception.

Mr. Laz
05-16-2007, 07:39 PM
I've heard Petro criticize Peterson MANY, MANY times, as have several other people here.

Unfortunately, anything less than 100% critical = apologist.
oooh, oooh ... so you saying IN YOUR OPINION i'm wrong

i see

so much for that "fabricating facts to fit your argument"

you always pull that shit to try and make yourself sound better when all your doing to expressing an opinion just like everyone else.

Mr. Laz
05-16-2007, 07:41 PM
ROFL

Virtually every sports radio host has hung up on callers at one time or another.

Stop acting like today's show was the rule, when you know damn well it's the exception.
and ........ the diversion ... to change the parameters of the discussion so that Parker can find a way to keep up.

typical

htismaqe
05-16-2007, 07:42 PM
they are STILL the listeners

and that 1% is so low because of the time involved

without listeners Soren Petro doesn't have a job ......... Period.

Petro insulted a caller. I was talking about the callers.

You're now trying to expand the argument to include the entire listening audience.

Please stop trying to change the subject.

htismaqe
05-16-2007, 07:42 PM
People who take time out to complain about a business and fill out a complaint is low too. Most people don't have the time and just don't shop there anymore.

So stop listening and put Petro out of a job.

It worked so well with the "I'm not attending another Chiefs game until Carl Peterson is gone" crowd.

KcMizzou
05-16-2007, 07:44 PM
So... who's the hero, and who's the dastardly villan here?

Pistols at ten paces?

Mr. Laz
05-16-2007, 07:44 PM
So... who's the hero, and who's the dastardly villan here?

Pistols at ten paces?
:)

Mr. Laz
05-16-2007, 07:46 PM

You're now trying to expand the argument to include the entire listening audience.

Please stop trying to change the subject.
weak

the callers and listeners are one and the same ..... the only different is the numbers involved.

htismaqe
05-16-2007, 07:46 PM
oooh, oooh ... so you saying IN YOUR OPINION i'm wrong

i see

so much for that "fabricating facts to fit your argument"

you always pull that shit to try and make yourself sound better when all your doing to expressing an opinion just like everyone else.

I listen to Petro virtually every day.

What I hear him say is NOT an opinion.

He's been critical of Carl Peterson MANY times. That's a fact, and obviously one that you can't refute, since you have to resort to all this twisting and turning.

KcMizzou
05-16-2007, 07:47 PM

There's the rub. When Petro said "you goddamn morons", it never entered my mind that he was talking about me. (the average fan/listener)

I just assumed he was talking about the caller and people who think like that specific caller... about that same subject.

htismaqe
and ........ the diversion ... to change the parameters of the discussion so that Parker can find a way to keep up.

typical

Oh the irony! ROFL ROFL ROFL

Does Petro hang up on callers every day? Yes or no. It's a one-word answer. Step up and be a man.

Demonpenz
So stop listening and put Petro out of a job.

It worked so well with the "I'm not attending another Chiefs game until Carl Peterson is gone" crowd.

I don't listen that is why I put.. I don't listen often. It was on today in the breakroom, but hey why read? It's alot of work.

Messier
05-16-2007, 07:50 PM
I have no sympathy for callers. If you don't want to get hung up on or called names, don't call. Like most hosts say when a caller complains about being mistreated, "Get your own show.'" and they're right.

htismaqe
05-16-2007, 07:50 PM
weak

the callers and listeners are one and the same ..... the only different is the numbers involved.

ROFL

So they're "one and the same" only "different"?

ROFL

htismaqe
05-16-2007, 07:51 PM
There's the rub. When Petro said "you goddamn morons", it never entered my mind that he was talking about me. (the average fan/listener)

I just assumed he was talking about the caller and people who think like that specific caller... about that same subject.

Obviously you're wrong.

Mr. Laz
05-16-2007, 07:53 PM
I listen to Petro virtually every day.

What I hear him say is NOT an opinion.

He's been critical of Carl Peterson MANY times. That's a fact, and obviously one that you can't refute, since you have to resort to all this twisting and turning.
and virtually every time he says something critical of Carl he wraps it up in so much sugar as to make it almost a compliment.

he also almost always follows up any criticism with a bunch of qualifier remarks like "other GMs are bad too" or "his job is so hard that ..."

it's endless

as for refuting ....... Carl Peterson wouldn't appear on Petro's show if he didn't agree that Petro was doing his best to suck up to him.

my proof is that Carl still comes on his show when he blackballs just about everyone else that looks at him wrong.

Messier
05-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Something I've never felt comfortable with ever since 810 bought the rights to Royals broadcasts. KK is part owner of 810 and 810 will make more money if the Royals do well, and selling that the Royals are good or better than they really are is a good thing $-wise to KK. It's a bit of a conflict of interests.

Mr. Laz
05-16-2007, 07:57 PM
ROFL

So they're "one and the same" only "different"?

ROFL
now your just acting stupid to fit your argument

KcMizzou
05-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Something I've never felt comfortable with ever since 810 bought the rights to Royals broadcasts. KK is part owner of 810 and 810 will make more money if the Royals do well, and selling that the Royals are good or better than they really are is a good thing $-wise to KK. It's a bit of a conflict of interests.I thought the same at first, but Keitzman doesn't seem to cut them much slack. Not this season anyway.

He hasn't been as hard on them as Petro has, but he's been pretty critical.

Mr. Laz
05-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Something I've never felt comfortable with ever since 810 bought the rights to Royals broadcasts. KK is part owner of 810 and 810 will make more money if the Royals do well, and selling that the Royals are good or better than they really are is a good thing $-wise to KK. It's a bit of a conflict of interests.
so how did you feel about 980 when they had the rights to the Royals and Danny Clinkscale and Don Fortune ran a similar show?

htismaqe
05-16-2007, 08:02 PM
now your just acting stupid to fit your argument

I'm not the one who said it.

htismaqe
05-16-2007, 08:03 PM
and virtually every time he says something critical of Carl he wraps it up in so much sugar as to make it almost a compliment.

he also almost always follows up any criticism with a bunch of qualifier remarks like "other GMs are bad too" or "his job is so hard that ..."

it's endless

Do you actually listen to the show?

as for refuting ....... Carl Peterson wouldn't appear on Petro's show if he didn't agree that Petro was doing his best to suck up to him.

my proof is that Carl still comes on his show when he blackballs just about everyone else that looks at him wrong.

Nice conspiracy theory. I guess that explains why I heard Carl Peterson on KEVIN KEITZMAN'S show not too long ago.

KC Kings
05-16-2007, 08:57 PM
Absolutely.

But I work in IT, so I guess that is kind of expected.

|Zach|
05-16-2007, 09:02 PM
I have no idea why someone would hate themselves enough to listen to sports radio.

shaneo69
05-16-2007, 09:11 PM
I have no idea why someone would hate themselves enough to listen to sports radio.

Probably hoping to hear a meltdown like what happened today.

Mecca
05-16-2007, 09:11 PM
If anyone listens to these shows frequently most of the callers are morons......I'm surprised more hosts haven't gone off for the dumb shit callers say.

Eric
05-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Keitzman started his hour replying to Petros diatribe to the caller and told Petro that Sweeney was a big problem no matter how many balls he has signed.

Sully
05-16-2007, 09:31 PM
Back in the mid 90s, when Petro and Enich were on together, they blasted dumb callers all the time. It was great listening.

And Petro is FAR from a Chiefs or CP apologist. The guy does his homework, he comes with facts, and backs up his opinions. He praises what he sees as good, bashes what he sees as bad, and tries to be fair when people overdo things, like making CP out to be Satan.

Messier
05-16-2007, 09:31 PM
so how did you feel about 980 when they had the rights to the Royals and Danny Clinkscale and Don Fortune ran a similar show?

Yeah but they didn't part own 980.

|Zach|
05-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Probably hoping to hear a meltdown like what happened today.
Really?

htismaqe
05-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Back in the mid 90s, when Petro and Enich were on together, they blasted dumb callers all the time. It was great listening.

And Petro is FAR from a Chiefs or CP apologist. The guy does his homework, he comes with facts, and backs up his opinions. He praises what he sees as good, bashes what he sees as bad, and tries to be fair when people overdo things, like making CP out to be Satan.

If you don't make CP out to be Satan every chance you get, you're an apologist. There's no middle ground.

the Talking Can
05-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Rome makes fun of dumb callers all the time and he's a ****ing billionaire...

the Talking Can
05-16-2007, 09:35 PM

well, most people aren't as awesome as you...

|Zach|
05-16-2007, 09:38 PM
well, most people aren't as awesome as you...
Thats true. I am just thinking about all the horrible sports radio calls and the idiot callers and people rushing to defend their integrity. ROFL

go bo
05-16-2007, 10:03 PM
If you don't make CP out to be Satan every chance you get, you're an apologist. There's no middle ground.hold on now...

carl peterson can't be satan, because everyone knows that

"bush is da debbil"...

and there can only be one debbil at a time... :Poke:

KcMizzou
05-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Thats true. I am just thinking about all the horrible sports radio calls and the idiot callers and people rushing to defend their integrity. ROFLWhich people?

Bowser
05-16-2007, 11:51 PM
Petro and Keitzman have always clashed over this-that-and the other. I used to think they didn't really get along too well, but I think now it's just an extended version of two hosts on one show. Very good-cop, bad-cop, ala Chris and Cowboy on 610, just spread over two shows and seven hours.

CHENZ A!
05-17-2007, 02:35 AM
Petro is a nice guy in person, and also he has the best sports radio show in KC imo. I really like the 2 min. drill, I think it's called, where he goes from city to city talking to the writers or broadcasters talking about what's up in their city.

Keitzman's show is decent, not great, but sure as hell more entertaining than whoever the tards are on 610. I have tried to listen to 610 several times, those people make me want to stab myself in the ears for some reason.