PDA

View Full Version : SI site with video clips of all our draft picks....

penchief
05-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Well, except for Herb Taylor. It did have one of Division III tight end, Michael Allan, though.

He looks like he has good hands. For some reason I thought he was bigger and not as fast. For a guy his size he looks like he's pretty quick.

At the end of the seventh round they even have video highlights of the best players available. I noticed LB Nate Harris, whom we just signed as a free agent.

I apologize if this site has already been posted.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2007/draft/tracker/selections/#

Direckshun
05-17-2007, 07:17 PM
You haven't posted it.

penchief
05-17-2007, 07:19 PM
You haven't posted it.

Yes I did.

Heh.

Direckshun
05-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Yes I did.

Heh.
Niiiiiiiiice.

Tribal Warfare
05-17-2007, 07:31 PM
REPOST

penchief
05-17-2007, 07:33 PM
REPOST

Sorry. I took the chance because it was such a gold mine. And if it hadn't been posted yet, I thought I would be doing my good deed for the day.

Direckshun
05-17-2007, 07:39 PM
First Allan highlights I've seen.

Consider me intrigued. He's definitely got NFL size, but look at the guys he was playing against...

pikesome
05-17-2007, 08:13 PM
First Allan highlights I've seen.

Consider me intrigued. He's definitely got NFL size, but look at the guys he was playing against...

He was a full head taller than a good number of the other players on the field. It looked like he was playing in the Midget League at times from those clips.

penchief
05-17-2007, 08:25 PM
He was a full head taller than a good number of the other players on the field. It looked like he was playing in the Midget League at times from those clips.

6'7'' and 267 lbs. And with good hands and good speed. Granted, the competition was inferior but you never know. If he can translate to the NFL, we might have something.

Direckshun
05-17-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm sorry but I think any Div 1 TE would play like that in Div 3. Look at that fake kick, where the O-lineman comes up and congratulates him for the touchdown. ALLAN IS BIGGER THAN THAT DUDE.

I'm still saying we made a poor selection.

penchief
05-17-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm sorry but I think any Div 1 TE would play like that in Div 3. Look at that fake kick, where the O-lineman comes up and congratulates him for the touchdown. ALLAN IS BIGGER THAN THAT DUDE.

Maybe so. I don't know. But time will tell. He's got something unique to work with. Whether or not he can make it in the NFL is yet to be seen.

pikesome
05-17-2007, 08:36 PM

Maybe, maybe not but it's hard to be upset spending a 7rd pick. I'm not knowledgeable enough to list who they should have taken instead but the Chiefs + late round picks, I'm more than willing to grant the benefit of the doubt. Besides, we need as much intrigue as possible to keep us warm during the rest of the off season.

Easy 6
05-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Cool link, much appreciated.

Tylers uniform & highlights made me think i was watching the game scene from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"... LMAO ...dudes just everywhere crushin' guys.

I really liked what i saw from Smith too, he doesnt stop churning his legs until he's completely on the ground & he definitely has some smooth hands as well.

Allan did look fast, he runs a 4.6, so thats pretty good for a TE. He'll need some time to cook, but at 6'6 with plenty of frame to add weight to, guy could really be something down the line.

Direckshun
05-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Yeah the Kolby Smith highlight impressed me well.

He's a churner and he looks perfect for picking up blitzes and catching balls in the flat. Solid pick.

penchief
05-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Yeah the Kolby Smith highlight impressed me well.

He's a churner and he looks perfect for picking up blitzes and catching balls in the flat. Solid pick.

I liked what I've seen of him so far. The video surprised me about one thing, though. I had seen another one that showed about twenty plays and in every highlight he basically got tripped up by the first guy (sometimes by nothing more than a flailing arm). So I'm more encouraged by the broken tackles in this video.

He has some really good attributes that are pretty apparent in all of the clips I've seen. He's got soft hands, reads and hits the hole pretty well, and has good quickness and missability. I think he's definitely going to stick.

I'm feeling pretty good about our 2nd, 3rd, and both 5th round picks. I think they'll all contribute right away.

To me, Bowe is boom or bust. I keep wavering between my first impression (Meachem is better/seems a bit too lumbering/flash in the pan) and my impression after watching highlight clips more closely (good hands when snagging the ball/good timing on his leaps/always gets separation, and great run after the catch).

I think the reports of his drops at rookie camp made me fear that particular criticism might be true. But I think he fits in well with Herm's offense. And I think with Brodie's arm and his skills, they might make a pretty good tandem.

bdeg
05-17-2007, 10:07 PM

That's hilarious.

As far as a bad pick though, you'd have to think he was the only D3 player invited to the combine for a reason. It's pretty obvious he stood out head and shoulders above his competition(no pun). We'll see.

Direckshun
05-17-2007, 11:18 PM
That's hilarious.

As far as a bad pick though, you'd have to think he was the only D3 player invited to the combine for a reason. It's pretty obvious he stood out head and shoulders above his competition(no pun). We'll see.
Fair point.

If there was any way to make sure I remembered threads like these where I shit on the pick and guys like you stood up for it, I'd be sure to give you a huge kudos for your optimism if Allan turns out to be a contributor.

Direckshun
05-17-2007, 11:25 PM
I liked what I've seen of him so far. The video surprised me about one thing, though. I had seen another one that showed about twenty plays and in every highlight he basically got tripped up by the first guy (sometimes by nothing more than a flailing arm). So I'm more encouraged by the broken tackles in this video.

He has some really good attributes that are pretty apparent in all of the clips I've seen. He's got soft hands, reads and hits the hole pretty well, and has good quickness and missability. I think he's definitely going to stick.

I'm feeling pretty good about our 2nd, 3rd, and both 5th round picks. I think they'll all contribute right away.

To me, Bowe is boom or bust. I keep wavering between my first impression (Meachem is better/seems a bit too lumbering/flash in the pan) and my impression after watching highlight clips more closely (good hands when snagging the ball/good timing on his leaps/always gets separation, and great run after the catch).

I think the reports of his drops at rookie camp made me fear that particular criticism might be true. But I think he fits in well with Herm's offense. And I think with Brodie's arm and his skills, they might make a pretty good tandem.
Interesting post. Very interesting.

I think Bowe's going to take time, for sure. If he makes a solid contribution this year, I'll be happy. At this point next season, I wouldn't be surprised if Webb broke out and had more receptions than Bowe this first year.

I expect minimal contributions from Bowe the first half the of the season. Mainly because Bowe's going to get the life squeezed out of him the first 8 weeks as defenses crowd the hell out of him. It'll open things up for Webb, Kennison, and amazingly Tony G might actually get room to breathe. But Bowe's going to attract a lot of attention from defenses and it's going to be reflected in his numbers.

And this is where character comes in, and I admittedly know nothing about Bowe's character. If he's as tough as Herm likes his players to be, he'll keep churning until he eventually breaks through, which may take a year or two. If it gets to his head, he'll be a bust.

My predictions, take them for what they're worth.

Here's an idea. I'd like for Herb Taylor to be a pleasant surprise. We struck out, I'm afraid, with Tre Stallings last year, and I can't remember the last time we drafted an OL late and it turned out well for us (Kevin Sampson's about the closest it gets, and he seems a career backup).