PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm Happy

Direckshun
05-18-2007, 03:18 AM
Foxsports.com is chewing over who had the best offseason so far.

Chiefs, as usual, landed right in the middle of the pack. But it's a good preview of why I'm excited for the 2007 season. My personal comments come after the "===".

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6817568

15. Kansas City Chiefs

Year 2 of the Herm Edwards era will see some new faces in the middle at linebacker. Highly productive veteran Donnie Edwards signed a three-year deal and former Viking and Raider starter Napoleon Harris inked for six. Both will start immediately for KC. Damion McIntosh replaces Jordan Black on the offensive line, and fifth-round pick Kolby Smith should spell Larry Johnson here and there. The rest of the draft picks were solid as well. Dwayne Bowe is a legitimate number one wideout, while Turk McBride and DeMarcus Tyler are clogs in the middle. Eyebrows were raised when KC drafted kicker Justin Medlock over Colorado's Mason Crosby, but those in the know insist that Medlock's actually the better prospect. The Trent Green situation continues to drag on — and he should be gone by the start of training camp, but Damon Huard signed a three-year deal as insurance. He'll battle with Brodie Croyle for the starting job for the next few seasons.

Biggest gain: Donnie Edwards, LB
Biggest loss: Jordan Black, OT

Are they in better shape than they were in January: The Chiefs were a playoff team last season, ending the year on a bit of a hot streak. The Green situation's a bit weird, but once cleared up — Kansas City should be good to go for 2007. The draft was solid, and the Edwards and Harris signings improve the defense. Ideally, Johnson won't be carrying the ball more than 400 times this season. Look for the rookie Smith to help carry the load. The AFC West is tough — but the Chiefs could be a playoff team again.

====================================

There is no reasonable way you could argue that the Chiefs are in worse shape this year than they were last year. Our biggest loss was Jordan Black -- that's what they had to say.

Because who else have we lost? Kawika Mitchell, who we replaced with somebody better. Sammy Knight, who we replaced with someone better. Ryan Sims, who we replaced with many people better. Eric Hicks, who we replaced with someone better. Dante Hall, who we replaced with someone better. And Jordan Black's even been let go in favor of someone better.

If you ask me, our biggest loss this season (really our only loss this season) was Will Shields, which is a reason the MSM sucks when it comes to evaluating the Chiefs. Geez.

But it's a reasonable expectation to say that we haven't lost much ground when we ink John Welbourne to start at RG.

So... we're an improvement over last year's playoff team. Anybody ranking them at #20 on power rankings is kidding themselves.

Silock
05-18-2007, 03:33 AM
Why don't you ever check your PMs?! >:-O

:)

Direckshun
05-18-2007, 03:56 AM
Oh, shizzle.

PM sent your way.