PDA

View Full Version : Teicher: Chiefs expect unhappy campers

keg in kc
05-18-2007, 05:04 AM
Chiefs expect unhappy campers (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/112431.html)

Trent Green and a few other disgruntled players should be at practice next week.

By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
Posted on Thu, May. 17, 2007

In their tumultuous offseason, the Chiefs have tried without success to trade Trent Green and Greg Wesley. They have yet to appease Larry Johnson with a new, long-term contract and alienated Jared Allen to the point where he wants out after this season.

Through it all, the Chiefs could have close to a full roster of participants when they begin full-squad practice next week. That includes all four aggrieved parties.

Green’s agent, Jim Steiner, informed the Chiefs on Thursday that Green would report for the first practice on Tuesday.

Allen told The Star that after spending most of the offseason working out in Arizona, he planned to return to Kansas City today. If he signs the one-year, $2.35 million contract offered by the Chiefs in time, Allen will also be at practice next week.

Johnson and Wesley have participated in recent conditioning workouts, leading the Chiefs to believe they will report for practice as well.

The Chiefs were expecting all of their starters for the voluntary practices except cornerback Ty Law and guard John Welbourn. Neither has attended the conditioning workouts.

Steiner said Green’s decision to practice next week didn’t represent a change in stance. He said Green still wanted a trade to the Miami Dolphins and wouldn’t play for the Chiefs this season.

“He’s still part of that team, so he will be part of those (practices) however they want to involve him,” Steiner said. “But he’s not planning on coming back for the season. That hasn’t changed.

“(Chiefs president/GM Carl Peterson) has said Trent is welcome to return, but Trent has made his decision based on what the Chiefs told him earlier. They’ve told him they’re moving forward in a different direction, even though they’ve stated they want him to come back. So we’re really not buying into that.”

Steiner indicated Green’s decision to practice was intended to expedite a trade, the theory being the Chiefs will be more motivated to trade a player who is risking injury by practicing even in what are supposed to be non-contact drills.

The Chiefs say they won’t bar Green from their practice facility. To the contrary, they maintained their public stance that Green is welcome to return and compete for the starting quarterback job with Brodie Croyle and Damon Huard.

Croyle is heading into his second NFL season. The Chiefs re-signed the veteran Huard last winter.

“We thought Trent would show up,” coach Herm Edwards said. “As long as he’s a Chief, we thought he’d be here. I anticipate him being at everything.”

Edwards had indicated the starting job was Croyle’s to lose. He didn’t back off that claim Thursday but said Croyle, Huard and Green would all get snaps with the first team.

Allen became frustrated last winter after failing to receive from the Chiefs what he believed was a fair long-term contract offer. He asked for a trade but the request was denied and the Chiefs made him a restricted free agent by offering him the one-year, $2.35 million contract.

From the start, Allen maintained he would play this season for the Chiefs. But until Thursday, he left doubt whether he would sign the contract in time for the offseason practices.

“I won’t be doing any of the workouts. It will strictly be the (practices) and the minicamp,” Allen said. “As a football player, I need to be back there for my team. The reasons I’m coming back this soon are because of my teammates and because of Coach Edwards. I have the utmost respect for him.”

The Chiefs are scheduled for three practices next week and two the following week in advance of their minicamp June 1-3. The minicamp is the only mandatory event of the offseason.

the Talking Can
05-18-2007, 05:37 AM
donde esta Welbourne?

training camp will be interesting, injuries on other teams could help us move several players: Green, Wesley, and Tynes...

Direckshun
05-18-2007, 05:53 AM
Seriously, is Allen really planning on bolting next year? Is that a serious thing?

Allen loves KC. He loves Herm Edwards and he loves Arrowhead.

If he survives this probation period, he's getting a huge payday from the Chiefs.

Why leave a great situation?

Is he hedging his leverage for next year, so that he'll get a supermassive payday, or what?

King_Chief_Fan
05-18-2007, 06:19 AM
Steiner and Peterson are jackasses.

Let Green come to camp. Steiner indicated Green’s decision to practice was intended to expedite a trade, the theory being the Chiefs will be more motivated to trade a player who is risking injury by practicing even in what are supposed to be non-contact drills.
Sit his butt on the bench through the whole camp. Tell him to bring something to read or knit. There is no need to let him 1) take any snaps since he isn't going to play for the Chiefs. Steiner said Green’s decision to practice next week didn’t represent a change in stance. He said Green still wanted a trade to the Miami Dolphins and wouldn’t play for the Chiefs this season.
and 2) no chance for him to "injure" himself.

siberian khatru
05-18-2007, 06:26 AM
Oh, I see -- the CHIEFS have alienated Jared Allen.

How dare they not reward an irresponsible drunk who got his ass suspended for a quarter of the season.

Chiefnj2
05-18-2007, 06:48 AM
Seriously, is Allen really planning on bolting next year? Is that a serious thing?

If he survives this probation period, he's getting a huge payday from the Chiefs.

Making it clean this year ("this probation period") isn't going to change anything. He will always be one strike away from a season long suspension. Carl is going to hold the previous DUI's and suspension against him now, 6 months from now and 12 months from now. Why not just lock him up to a long term contract right now that gives the Chief the right to recoup the signing bonus if he is arrested, or suspended, etc.

plbrdude
05-18-2007, 07:07 AM
Oh, I see -- the CHIEFS have alienated Jared Allen.

How dare they not reward an irresponsible drunk who got his ass suspended for a quarter of the season.

certainly we do want anyone held accountable for their actions.
wouldn't it be great to see teams begin to write performance based contracts.

Reerun_KC
05-18-2007, 07:11 AM
Should be an interesting remaining off season watching how all this plays out...

Can Carl get it done with out looking like a tool bag?

StcChief
05-18-2007, 07:54 AM
certainly we do want anyone held accountable for their actions.
wouldn't it be great to see teams begin to write performance based contracts.
Agreed. :clap:

I've been saying just that for years.

htismaqe
05-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Should be an interesting remaining off season watching how all this plays out...

Can Carl get it done with out looking like a tool bag?

Is that a rhetorical question?

el borracho
05-18-2007, 08:12 AM
Trent Green is looking like a giant vagina. He is upset that he has to compete for the starting position with a 2nd year guy and a career backup? "Boo-hoo, I have to compete for the job!" If Green wants to be a starter why doesn't he just come into camp and be so damn great that the Chiefs have to start him? Pussy.

NewChief
05-18-2007, 08:23 AM
Trent Green is looking like a giant vagina. He is upset that he has to compete for the starting position with a 2nd year guy and a career backup? "Boo-hoo, I have to compete for the job!" If Green wants to be a starter why doesn't he just come into camp and be so damn great that the Chiefs have to start him? Pussy.

ROFL

As I've said repeatedly, it has nothing to do with not wanting to compete with Croyle or Huard. It has to do with not wanting to be on this team. The team told him they were going in a different direction, he needed to find somewhere else to play. Carl can now say, all he wants, that Trent has a chance to be the starter, but everyone (Trent, Carl, Herm, the other QBs) know that isn't the case. Carl's saying that as part of his play to make Miami give up the pick.

vailpass
05-18-2007, 08:38 AM

The guy was a stud QB who doesn't want to finish his career with a losing team in the middle of a rebuild under one of the worst offensive coaches in the NFL and he is a pussy?
I can't believe how some of you have turned on Green.

pikesome
05-18-2007, 08:43 AM
The guy was a stud QB who doesn't want to finish his career with a losing team in the middle of a rebuild under one of the worst offensive coaches in the NFL and he is a pussy?

Don't you think that's going a bit far? Trent was real good but a HOF Oline and the Saunders system helped him shine. His age combined with the kind of changes every team has to make at times makes him far less "studly" here. Maybe he'll tear it up in Miami but I'm guessing they don't right that ship before Trent wears out.

el borracho
05-18-2007, 08:44 AM
NewChief,

You really believe that if Trent is the best option on the roster the Chiefs will still refuse to play him? I don't believe it. The Chiefs want to get younger but they aren't going to sit their best players to do it. I know that Allan won't be taking Gonzalez' starting spot and Maxey won't be replacing Law or Surtain and Kennison will still be starting. The Chiefs will play their best players. The only difference this year is that there will be legitimate competition at the QB position. If Trent really thinks he can't beat a 2nd year player then he should just retire.

vailpass
05-18-2007, 08:46 AM
Don't you think that's going a bit far? Trent was real good but a HOF Oline and the Saunders system helped him shine. His age combined with the kind of changes every team has to make at times makes him far less "studly" here. Maybe he'll tear it up in Miami but I'm guessing they don't right that ship before Trent wears out.

Point well taken. Maybe I'm giving too much credit to the QB when what I really like is the person.

el borracho
05-18-2007, 08:47 AM
What the hell do you think Miami is? A SuperBowl contender? HA! Trent just wants to finish his career a starter in the only system he knows, surrounded by coaches who will hold his hand.

vailpass
05-18-2007, 08:50 AM
What the hell do you think Miami is? A SuperBowl contender? HA! Trent just wants to finish his career a starter in the only system he knows, surrounded by coaches who will hold his hand.

What's wrong with that? All things being equal wouldn't you go with the coaches you know? As a place to live most would agree that Miami is a hell of an upgrade over KC, especially during the winter months ( no offense to KC denizens intended). If the guy doesn't care for the organization or the way it is run why shouldn't he want to change employers.
Wouldn't you?

NewChief
05-18-2007, 08:51 AM
NewChief,

You really believe that if Trent is the best option on the roster the Chiefs will still refuse to play him? I don't believe it. The Chiefs want to get younger but they aren't going to sit their best players to do it. I know that Allan won't be taking Gonzalez' starting spot and Maxey won't be replacing Law or Surtain and Kennison will still be starting. The Chiefs will play their best players. The only difference this year is that there will be legitimate competition at the QB position. If Trent really thinks he can't beat a 2nd year player then he should just retire.

It's about a break that was made with the organization. Trent doesn't want to be a part of this organization any longer. He trusted Carl. He feels that Carl has screwed him over and lied to him. As such, he no longer wants to be here.

As for whether they'll play him or not, you're missing the point. He doesn't want to play for this team any longer. I wouldn't doubt it if he does retire if he's still on the Chiefs roster at the start of the season. That would be insanity, considering the paycheck he's supposed to get, but the unhappiness with this organization runs that deep.

Chiefnj2
05-18-2007, 08:52 AM

don't be ignorant. it is not an open competition. it is Croyle's job to lose. Trent doesn't want to come into camp and compete because he was told months ago that the Chiefs were headed in a new direction at QB. Croyle was going to get the vast majority of snaps. it was only when a trade fell through did Carl change his story and say trent can come back and compete for the starting spot.

pikesome
05-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Point well taken. Maybe I'm giving too much credit to the QB when what I really like is the person.

I agree 100% with Trent being a good, likable person. I'd hoped he would retire here and go into sportscasting either locally like Lenny or join a national crew. Trent could drive down to KSHB's offices and kick Jack Harry in his old wrinkly balls then take his job. I'd like that. :)

el borracho
05-18-2007, 08:56 AM
Nothing is wrong with wanting to go to Miami. What is lame is declining to honor your contract and turning into a crybaby just because there is competition for your job.

Trent needs to accept the fact that nobody wants him as a starter that badly,anymore. Sorry, but it is true. If Miami (or anyone else for that matter) really wanted him they would have offered more than a throw-away pick to get him.

el borracho
05-18-2007, 08:59 AM
It's about a break that was made with the organization. Trent doesn't want to be a part of this organization any longer. He trusted Carl. He feels that Carl has screwed him over and lied to him. As such, he no longer wants to be here.

As for whether they'll play him or not, you're missing the point. He doesn't want to play for this team any longer. I wouldn't doubt it if he does retire if he's still on the Chiefs roster at the start of the season. That would be insanity, considering the paycheck he's supposed to get, but the unhappiness with this organization runs that deep.
In what way did Carl "screw him over?" What lie did Carl tell Trent? and what break was made with the organization?

greg63
05-18-2007, 09:00 AM
Is that a rhetorical question?

Yes; there is no other way for him to look.

el borracho
05-18-2007, 09:02 AM
don't be ignorant. it is not an open competition. it is Croyle's job to lose. Trent doesn't want to come into camp and compete because he was told months ago that the Chiefs were headed in a new direction at QB. Croyle was going to get the vast majority of snaps. it was only when a trade fell through did Carl change his story and say trent can come back and compete for the starting spot.
It may be Croyle's job to lose but he could lose it. Do you really think there is no way another QB is better than Croyle? Do you really believe that if another QB is markedly better the Chiefs will still play Croyle?

NewChief
05-18-2007, 09:04 AM
In what way did Carl "screw him over?" What lie did Carl tell Trent? and what break was made with the organization?

I'm just telling you the perception. I don't know the facts. Trent and Carl were best buddies. Trent and Carl aren't best buddies any more. In my opinion, it all goes back to the Huard signing. I made a big deal out of it then, and everyone said I was being crazy. In the "old days" Trent would have been talked to before the Huard signing. Once they signed him without even talking to him, Trent knew things were changing with the organization. He could read the writing on the wall. When he showed up at the facility and worked out for a solid week without anyone even talking to him about anything, he could definitely tell something was up. Then they told him to go elsewhere. I believe that Trent felt that Carl has been going behind his back this entire time, whereas in the past Carl would have been entirely up front with him.

Wile_E_Coyote
05-18-2007, 09:05 AM
It's bizarro world. LJ is due a new contract & has been a class act. & Green is acting like the rich spoiled athlete

el borracho
05-18-2007, 09:13 AM
Oh, so if Carl does his job without seeking Trent's counsel or notifying Trent then Carl is screwing Trent over and lying to him?

InChiefsHeaven
05-18-2007, 09:13 AM
Trent needs to accept the fact that nobody wants him as a starter that badly,anymore. Sorry, but it is true. If Miami (or anyone else for that matter) really wanted him they would have offered more than a throw-away pick to get him.

Maybe, but any other team that wanted him was pretty much told via Trent's agent through the media that Trent really only wanted to go to Miami. Why would Miami trade for a guy that they can see will be cut by the Chiefs? They are happy to bide their time and get him for free.

el borracho
05-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Maybe, but any other team that wanted him was pretty much told via Trent's agent through the media that Trent really only wanted to go to Miami. Why would Miami trade for a guy that they can see will be cut by the Chiefs? They are happy to bide their time and get him for free.
Because we don't have to cut him.

NewChief
05-18-2007, 09:18 AM
Oh, so if Carl does his job without seeking Trent's counsel or notifying Trent then Carl is screwing Trent over and lying to him?

Nice parsing.

You're really not making much effort to see the other side of things, and I'm tired of trying to explain it. Suffice to say that there was a break. A break up, if you want to look at it like that. Carl is now giving lip service to wanting to patch things up and get back together. Trent doesn't buy that bullshit, and even if he did buy it, he doesn't have any desire to get back together.

InChiefsHeaven
05-18-2007, 09:23 AM

Indeed, but we do HAVE to pay him a ton of cash...or we can cut him. They will go with option B and Miami knows it.

NewChief
05-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Indeed, but we do HAVE to pay him a ton of cash...or we can cut him. They will go with option B and Miami knows it.

And so does Trent.

vailpass
05-18-2007, 09:28 AM
And so does Trent.

Game, set, match.

Luzap
05-18-2007, 09:35 AM
I don't know why this is so hard for people to understand...

This is not about whether Trent will be a Dolphin. This is about what kind of season the Dolphins will have this year.

If you don't have your starting QB in training camp, you can pretty much throw away the first half of the season (at least).

That's the leverage Carl has. Who will blink first? I have no idea, but right now, Miami is the only one getting hurt by this.

Luz
now do you guys get it???...

el borracho
05-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Nice parsing.

You're really not making much effort to see the other side of things, and I'm tired of trying to explain it. Suffice to say that there was a break. A break up, if you want to look at it like that. Carl is now giving lip service to wanting to patch things up and get back together. Trent doesn't buy that bullshit, and even if he did buy it, he doesn't have any desire to get back together.
Where am I wrong? Trent got his feelings hurt because he is no longer in the cabal at Arrowhead and he is no longer guaranteed the job. Big deal. If Trent wants to start he should show up to camp and preseason and be so damn good that the Chiefs have to start him- just like all the other players. Trent is reminiscient of an A-list actor who is used to smoking cigars and sipping brandy with the director and is now offended at the idea of auditioning for a part. Sorry, Trent, you're getting older and your last feature as a leading man was a box office bomb. I'm going to need you to read for the part.

NewChief
05-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Where am I wrong? Trent got his feelings hurt because he is no longer in the cabal at Arrowhead and he is no longer guaranteed the job. Big deal. If Trent wants to start he should show up to camp and preseason and be so damn good that the Chiefs have to start him- just like all the other players. Trent is reminiscient of an A-list actor who is used to smoking cigars and sipping brandy with the director and is now offended at the idea of auditioning for a part. Sorry, Trent, you're getting older and your last feature as a leading man was a box office bomb. I'm going to need you to read for the part.

It has nothing to do with auditioning for the part. It has to do with no longer liking the director or the script, especially when there's another movie elsewhere that looks really good and for which you're a better fit in the lead role.

el borracho
05-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Well, that's fine. If Miami doesn't care when they get him then maybe they can have him for free at the last possible instant and they can enjoy whatever preformance they get from someone who hasn't seen their playbook or thrown a single pass to one of their receivers. They can also enjoy the chemistry and comraderie of bringing in their starting QB the night before the season and sitting the QBs that have been playing their guts out all offseason. Or they can sit Trent behind Cleo Lemon. That would be amusing.

InChiefsHeaven
05-18-2007, 09:42 AM
It has nothing to do with auditioning for the part. It has to do with no longer liking the director or the script, especially when there's another movie elsewhere that looks really good and for which you're a better fit in the lead role.

Trent is going to star in movies now?

...oh...I get it...

Deberg_1990
05-18-2007, 09:43 AM

Agreed.....I like Trent and all but calling him a STUD QB is a little much.

The guy has never won jack.

InChiefsHeaven
05-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Well, that's fine. If Miami doesn't care when they get him then maybe they can have him for free at the last possible instant and they can enjoy whatever preformance they get from someone who hasn't seen their playbook or thrown a single pass to one of their receivers. They can also enjoy the chemistry and comraderie of bringing in their starting QB the night before the season and sitting the QBs that have been playing their guts out all offseason. Or they can sit Trent behind Cleo Lemon. That would be amusing.

Indeed, and that is the risk on the part of the Fins. I would think that they would want to have their starting QB in as early as possible, because even if he "knows the system" he's not going to know the players. Miami needs him in there soon, they are only hurting themselves...but maybe they think that risk is worth it to get Trent for free...who knows what the sun does to those people in Miami? :)

el borracho
05-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Well, I should probably do something productive today. See you all later.

InChiefsHeaven
05-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Agreed.....I like Trent and all but calling him a STUD QB is a little much.

The guy has never won jack.

...through no fault of his own. Barry Sanders never won jack either. (Not saying that Trent is the Barry Sanders of QB's, but I'm just saying you can't hold the lack of winning against him)...if he ran one of the top offenses in the league for 3 years, I don'tknow what else you could ask him to do...maybe play CB as well?

Deberg_1990
05-18-2007, 09:47 AM

Ive said all along the only difference between the Phins without Trent and with him is this:

Without Trent: 5-12

With Trent: 7-9 or 8-8

So whats the point?? This is exactly why Peterson doesnt want him anymore.

Chiefnj2
05-18-2007, 10:02 AM
It may be Croyle's job to lose but he could lose it. Do you really think there is no way another QB is better than Croyle? Do you really believe that if another QB is markedly better the Chiefs will still play Croyle?

Yes, they should start Croyle even if Trent or Huard are playing better than him in camp. Croyle was Herm's pick. KC needs to develop a QB. Let it be Croyle. Sometimes you go through growing pains. I think Plummer was a better QB than Cutler was when they gave him the go ahead. Warner was doing better with the Giants than Eli was when he was given the nod. It's done all the time.

NewChief
05-18-2007, 10:04 AM
Yes, they should start Croyle even if Trent or Huard are playing better than him in camp. Croyle was Herm's pick. KC needs to develop a QB. Let it be Croyle. Sometimes you go through growing pains. I think Plummer was a better QB than Cutler was when they gave him the go ahead. Warner was doing better with the Giants than Eli was when he was given the nod. It's done all the time.

Exactly. Once a team commits to developing that new QB, that's a real commitment. You've got to stick with him through the growing pains, or you'll never develop him.

Tribal Warfare
05-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Exactly. Once a team commits to developing that new QB, that's a real commitment. You've got to stick with him through the growing pains, or you'll never develop him.

We have to see if the O-line will protect him sufficently. If not, that will F*CK with his confidence

King_Chief_Fan
05-18-2007, 10:24 AM

The Chiefs may not have to, but, there are 9M reasons to do so.

Deberg_1990
05-18-2007, 10:26 AM

One of reasons the Chiefs havent developed a young QB for years and years is that Peterson has always felt that the KC fan base wouldnt be able to tolerate a couple of down/rebuilding/losing seasons.

King_Chief_Fan
05-18-2007, 10:29 AM
One of reasons the Chiefs havent developed a young QB for years and years is that Peterson has always felt that the KC fan base wouldnt be able to tolerate a couple of down/rebuilding/losing seasons.

However, we are content without championships and the drought to playoff wins.:)

Deberg_1990
05-18-2007, 10:30 AM
However, we are content without championships and the drought to playoff wins.:)

9-7 to 11-5 keeps the butts in the seats no matter what the playoff record is....

InChiefsHeaven
05-18-2007, 10:31 AM

Heh. Which is why he's willing to rebuild now...his evil 30 plan is coming together nicely...
:)

Reerun_KC
05-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Yes; there is no other way for him to look.

You beat me to it... Dude is in a no win situation with the fans...

Maybe Keep your 5 year promise at some point and you wont look like a complete tool bag assembly.

King_Chief_Fan
05-18-2007, 10:33 AM
9-7 to 11-5 keeps the butts in the seats no matter what the playoff record is....

maybe we should be giving Peterson credit for giving us exactly what we want then

Deberg_1990
05-18-2007, 11:43 AM
maybe we should be giving Peterson credit for giving us exactly what we want then

hahah..thats an interesting theory. Never thought of it that way before. I have to admit, they have brought me tons of enjoyment the past 17 years or so...but lots of heartache too..

ChiefsCountry
05-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Peterson thinks when you get to the playoffs anything can happen and lucky breaks are a part of it.

Mr. Kotter
05-18-2007, 12:12 PM
I don't know why this is so hard for people to understand...

This is not about whether Trent will be a Dolphin. This is about what kind of season the Dolphins will have this year.

If you don't have your starting QB in training camp, you can pretty much throw away the first half of the season (at least).

That's the leverage Carl has. Who will blink first? I have no idea, but right now, Miami is the only one getting hurt by this.

Luz
now do you guys get it???...

I've been telling some of these knuckleheads this for three weeks or so, by now! :banghead:

Deberg_1990
05-18-2007, 12:15 PM
I've been telling some of these knuckleheads this for three weeks or so, by now! :banghead:

Please....a crafty vet like Green doesnt need Training Camp, especially when its the same offense hes run for the past 10 years or so.

He could almost step right in the 1st game of the season and run it.

This is why he wants to go to the Phins so bad.

keg in kc
05-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Please....a crafty vet like Green doesnt need Training Camp, especially when its the same offense hes run for the past 10 years or so.

This is why he wants to go to the Phins so bad.The Dolphins are trying to install a complicated new system, which is why, whether Trent needs camp for his own sake or not, the Dolphins need him to be there.

Anybody who's been a Chiefs fan since 2001 knows this to be true from personal experience. It takes time to install this beast.

ChiefaRoo
05-18-2007, 12:49 PM

Why leave a great situation?

Is he hedging his leverage for next year, so that he'll get a supermassive payday, or what?

He's been drunk for the past 3 months and has no idea what he's saying.

Coogs
05-18-2007, 12:51 PM
The Dolphins are trying to install a complicated new system, which is why, whether Trent needs camp for his own sake or not, the Dolphins need him to be there.

Exactly!

ChiefaRoo
05-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Boo Hoo I'm a rich athlete playing a kids game and I'm unhappy. Boo Hoo, it's so unfair. Boo hoo, I'm going to get in my Porsche and go home.

NewChief
05-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Boo Hoo I'm a rich athlete playing a kids game and I'm unhappy. Boo Hoo, it's so unfair. Boo hoo, I'm going to get in my Porsche and go home.

Mercedes.

tk13
05-18-2007, 01:02 PM
I think everyone's led to believe that Croyle would have to lose the job before Trent is able to win the job. My only complaint for both sides is that we need to get all this crap worked out as soon as possible. We're going into yet another training camp with 40 million distractions.

KC Kings
05-18-2007, 01:06 PM
If I was Trent I would just say that something hurts somewhere and that I wouldn't be able to play. I wouldn't elaborate on whether or not I would ever play again in the future, and would not retire. I would continue to not do anything football except collect my paychecks.

That plan is working great for Priest.

htismaqe
05-18-2007, 01:10 PM

So it's the fan's fault?

King_Chief_Fan and Petro sitting in a tree...

NewChief
05-18-2007, 01:14 PM
So it's the fan's fault?

King_Chief_Fan and Petro sitting in a tree...

Hold on... isn't that often your gripe as well? That people still buy tickets?

el borracho
05-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Seriously, if Trent believes he is the equivalent of a 6th round pick he has no business demanding anything. He should shut his mouth, go to camp and consider himself lucky if he makes the team.

beer bacon
05-18-2007, 01:51 PM

This is why he wants to go to the Phins so bad.

This isn't really true according to Trent. He usually gets upset when our WRs get in hurt in training camp and miss practice time. Trent likes stability on offense so everyone can get into sync.

beer bacon
05-18-2007, 01:53 PM
If I was Trent I would just say that something hurts somewhere and that I wouldn't be able to play. I wouldn't elaborate on whether or not I would ever play again in the future, and would not retire. I would continue to not do anything football except collect my paychecks.

That plan is working great for Priest.

Somebody get Merriman on the phone.