PDA

View Full Version : Draft Paul Oliver in supplemental !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric
05-19-2007, 12:28 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/2008/earlylook.html

No. 10 player is in supplemental draft.

If Herm gets this guy???? ...........Greatest draft ever.

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=115#S=115&F=1837&T=535226

Mr. Laz
05-19-2007, 12:37 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/2008/earlylook.html

No. 10 player is in supplemental draft.

If Herm gets this guy???? ...........Greatest draft ever.

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=115#S=115&F=1837&T=535226
we really gonna use a 1st round pick in a year were we might have the worst pick we've had in years?

it would suck to use a 23rd pick this year and then have it turn out that we lose a top 5 pick come next year.

Hammock Parties
05-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Can someone explain the supplemental draft?

Adept Havelock
05-19-2007, 12:42 PM
If not for another serious injury (ruptured patellar tendon this spring after missing '06 with a torn ACL)

No thanks.

Mr. Laz
05-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Can someone explain the supplemental draft?

guys who don't declare for the regular draft for whatever reason can declare late and be put into the supplemental draft.

the supplemental draft order is the same order as the regular draft for that year.

each team sends in their picks for the draft like in a blind auction bid

1 round - no selection
2nd round - John smith QB, Nowhere university
3rd round - no selection
4th round - billy joe bob, DT BFE Tech
5th round - no selection
6th round - no selection
7th round - Jim dandy, kicker, Smallville university

then the general office takes all the selections and gives that player to the team with the highest slotted pick.

ie: if several teams selected john smith in the 2nd round the team with the highest pick gets him. Whichever teams selects him in the highest round would also get the player.

whatever pick a team uses on a player in the supplemental draft would lose the same pick in the following regular draft.

ie: if the chiefs select john Smith in the 2nd round .. they would not have a 2nd round pick in the 2008 draft unless they traded for an extra one.

supplemental draft picks cannot be traded.

B_Ambuehl
05-19-2007, 12:48 PM
It basically allows you to give up a pick in next years draft for a player in July. It works just like the regular draft as far as selection order.

Eric
05-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Cornerback 6-0 / 201 Georgia

If not for another serious injury (ruptured patellar tendon this spring after missing '06 with a torn ACL) Nebraska's Zack Bowman would probably be the top rated senior corner available this year but that honor now belongs to Paul Oliver. An elite recruit coming out of the prep ranks who had to wait his turn before finally getting a chance to start, Oliver really emerged as a junior in 2006 and there is no telling how high his draft stock could soar if he can build on that momentum this fall. From a size/speed standpoint Oliver has everything you look for and his best football is still ahead of him so remember his name because you will be hearing it a lot the next 12 months.

-Zack Bowman had the injury not Oliver.

Deberg_1990
05-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Has there ever been a player drafted in the Supplemental draft that turned out to big a big time player? I cant think of one???

BigRock
05-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Has there ever been a player drafted in the Supplemental draft that turned out to big a big time player? I cant think of one???
Bernie Kosar and Cris Carter were taken in the supplemental draft, I'm pretty sure. Those are the only two who leap to mind.

Eric
05-19-2007, 01:17 PM
This guy had grade issues and was forced to do this.

A hidden gem of a player. Fits cover 2.

I doubt we can get him though. Might be best player ever out of supplemental.

DaneMcCloud
05-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Bernie Kosar and Cris Carter were taken in the supplemental draft, I'm pretty sure. Those are the only two who leap to mind.

Darren Mickel, Florida. Defensive end. Kansas City Chiefs.

DaneMcCloud
05-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Steve Walsh, Dallas Cowboys.

There's actually quite a few "decent" players taken.

JohnnyV13
05-19-2007, 01:42 PM

Uh, what about HOF QB Steve Young? Does he qualify as big time?

ZootedGranny
05-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Had he not been a moron, he would've been either the first or the second corner taken in '08, so he's definitely worth a first rounder. However, he's not worth a blind first rounder, so other than the Patriots or the Cowboys, I don't see anyone taking him there.

So assuming he'll be taken in the second round:

# Teams with six wins or less participate in the first lottery for the top picks. The team that posted the worst record among that group is given a weighted advantage over the following team, with each team's "weight" being decreased on down the line until reaching the team with the best record in the group.

# The second group consists of non-playoff teams and follows the same weighted system.

# The third group consists of last season's 12 playoff teams and, again, follows the same lottery system.

The best case scenario leaves the Chiefs drafting at 21, and with such a premium placed on corners, I don't see the Chiefs in a position to land him.

kcchiefsus
05-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Chargers nose tackle Jamal Williams was taken in the supplemental draft.

Ahmad Brooks will probably turn out to be a good pick for the Bengals from last years supplemental draft.

Jared Gaither might also be ruled academically ineligible.

CupidStunt
05-19-2007, 02:13 PM
He'll go for a high-to-mid third-rounder. At best we'd bid a fourth-rounder, I'd bet.

chagrin
05-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Onterrio Smith aka "Have penis will travel" was taken by the Vikes in the Supplemental draft

Eric
05-19-2007, 02:44 PM
He's easily worth a 3rd rounder if Herm who is an excellent expert on corners agrees.

eazyb81
05-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Anyone remember a few years back when everyone was pimping Manuel Wright, the DT from USC, for the supp. draft? That one didn't turn out so well.

OnTheWarpath15
05-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Anyone remember a few years back when everyone was pimping Manuel Wright, the DT from USC, for the supp. draft? That one didn't turn out so well.

It's too bad we didn't grab him. He and DV could have shared some great crying sessions together.....

kcchiefsus
05-19-2007, 04:39 PM

Big deal.

Oliver and Jared Gaither, both guys who could be in the supplemental draft, were almost guaranteed 1st round picks next year.

Jammal Anderson blew out his knee the year after he went over 400 carries. I guess LJ will to since every single time something happens in the past it means the exact same thing will happen in the future in similar scenario's, at least by your reason.

eazyb81
05-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Big deal.

Oliver and Jared Gaither, both guys who could be in the supplemental draft, were almost guaranteed 1st round picks next year.

Jammal Anderson blew out his knee the year after he went over 400 carries. I guess LJ will to since every single time something happens in the past it means the exact same thing will happen in the future in similar scenario's, at least by your reason.

Wright was supposed to be a 1st rounder the following year.

I'm certainly not saying Oliver will also be a bust, but i'm also not ready to jump on the bandwagon. There are obviously some intelligence issues with him.

bdeg
05-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Wright was supposed to be a 1st rounder the following year.

I'm certainly not saying Oliver will also be a bust, but i'm also not ready to jump on the bandwagon. There are obviously some intelligence issues with him.

Or more likely work ethic. Which is an even bigger problem.