PDA

View Full Version : Saddam may have some explaining to do.

Rain Man
05-19-2007, 11:03 PM
http://www.indiadaily.com/breaking_news/38897.asp

The article quotes the GIs on Saddam's eating preferences — Raisin Bran Crunch was his breakfast favorite. "No Froot Loops," he told O''Shea. He ate fish and chicken but refused beef at dinner. For a time his favorite food was Cheetos, and when those ran out, Saddam would "get grumpy," the story says. One day the guards substituted Doritos corn chips, and Saddam forgot about Cheetos. "He''d eat a family size bag of Doritos in 10 minutes," Dawson says.

http://www.islam.com/reply.asp?id=907527&ct=14&mn=907527

Doritos/Cheetos are Haram...
Posted by dais90 on Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Comment:
I was passed along a message that Frito-Lay products containing cheese (Cheetos and Doritos) are made using pork enzymes.

Here is the message:

Dear Friends,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this weekend I found out that Doritos have pork in them. Well, I was
shocked and a little skeptical. However, when I called the company, they confirmed that their cheese products were not halal -- they actually used the term "halal", which I found impressive even though the disclosure was disconcerting. She said they use enzymes in making the cheese for their cheetos and doritos that come from pork. I asked when they started doing this, and she said the last 2 years they became aware of it. I wanted to start a petition requesting them to find alternatives, but she said it would be best for
individuals to call, because each call is registered. So, if you are going to miss cheetos and doritos as much as I am, please call Frito-Lay at 1-800-352-4477, Monday - Friday, 9:00am-4:30pm.
Also, pass on this info to whomever you know.

Apparently, the enzyme that is used to produce the cheese flavor we all
love could be from either a pig or a cow. Therefore, the company
recommends to pork avoiding consumers not to eat any of their "cheese" products. However, the enzyme is a by-product of pork, which is used in Dorritos & Cheetos.

If you'd like to confirm for yourself, Frito Lay's telephone number is 1-800-352-4477. Please forward this message on to others.

Frito Lay stated that the cheese has enzymes made from animal products. An ingredient change has been requested and forwarded to the marketing department.

Phobia
05-19-2007, 11:11 PM
Ah crap. Oh, that doesn't really affect me.

|Zach|
05-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Everything I have ever known is a lie.

Oh well, there are a few things I can count on still. U2 will never sell out.