PDA

View Full Version : Creatine

chiefbowe82
05-19-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm thinking of using Creatine to truly enhance my athletic performance and strength....anyway has anyone ever tried this/ results?

ChiefsOne
05-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Strength and weight gain (muscle size) I will swear by it. As far as athletic performance, faster I don't know.

One thing it does for sure is flush you muscles with water and increases strength. When ever I am on it I am stronger and fuller. When off I usually lose some strength, size and weight.

If you have never used it, I would be you will have good results.

chiefbowe82
05-19-2007, 11:24 PM
strength and weight gain is the main goal, athletic performance is taken care of :)

ChiefsOne
05-19-2007, 11:28 PM
It should work well for you, especially during the first month. I would load up for the first week 4-5 times per day, then stay on it for a few months. 5 grams before work out and 5 immediately after. If you do it like this there is no need to cycle off, but it would be a good idea for you to, so you can see how it affects you.

Everybody is different and I can only tell you my experience.

chiefbowe82
05-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Where do you have to buy it from, off the internet?
I found a site http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/goalcreatine.htm with some information on it.

luv
05-19-2007, 11:35 PM
You guys aren't gonna get all big and bubbly, are you? Some of those guys look like they will pop if you poke them too hard.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-19-2007, 11:37 PM
I've never needed it. My body responds great to water...yes...that's it...water. The water washes the nutrients you eat you your muscles QUICKER than any substance. I'm not saying don't take it, but there is no need.

Actually, like one poster said, everyone is different, so try it.

chiefbowe82
05-19-2007, 11:38 PM
I've never needed it. My body responds great to water...yes...that's it...water. The water washes the nutrients you eat you your muscles QUICKER than any substance. I'm not saying don't take it, but there is no need.

Actually, like one poster said, everyone is different, so try it.
All views and interests are greatly welcomed.

Tribal Warfare
05-20-2007, 12:16 AM
All views and interests are greatly welcomed.

besides eating right the best two Creatine supplements that I stack are NO- Shotgun and CE2

el borracho
05-20-2007, 02:03 AM
I have used the powdered creatine monohydrate, marketed by GNC. While it is difficult to say how much credit the creatine deserves (at the time, I was absolutely religious about eating and lifting), I would say that creatine can be helpful. Specifically, it is marketed as a way to increase strength, decrease recovery time and add bulk. All of those things occurred while I used the product and I would certainly credit some of that to the creatine but, again, it is difficult to know how much credit goes to the creatine and how much credit goes to the other factors. It should be noted that creatine can upset your stomach.

If you decide to use creatine I would recommend that you use only a small dose until you see how your body is going to react. I would also recommend that you emphasize all of the following factors in your routine long before you start using creatine:

1. Lifting smart- There is no sense in taking any supplement if you are not lifting properly. This means lifting effectively and intelligently- not just intensely.

2. Diet- There is no sense in lifting anything if you aren't providing your body the proper nutrients to recover and grow. Read about nutrition specific to bodybuilding and learn how to eat.

3. Mindset- Don't laugh, but your mindset is a powerful tool to growing stronger. You must be commited to growing and you must believe you will grow to get good results.

This post originally posted here: http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159547&page=1&pp=15&highlight=creatine

p.s. if you do a forum search on creatine you will find more threads and thoughts.

Wa-Z
05-20-2007, 02:33 AM
It will definitely help you gain weight. Basically it helps your body break down proteins faster.

mylittlepony
05-20-2007, 04:24 AM
If you are doing it for wrestling or boxing where you need to be at a certain weight, I would recomend test cutting before doing the first real cut. Being on creatine and of it in terms of losing liquids are two different animals. I need to be alot closer in weight if Im on creatine then of it.

It does fill out your frame for sure, I never did see the benefits strength wise compared to the weight wise gain. But then again I am tiny to begin with.

Also completly unrelated but my gf said it used to do good things to my personal anatomy when I was on it.

Silock
05-20-2007, 04:50 AM
You also need to drink a TON of water while you're on it. If you don't, you risk serious dehydration issues that could land you in the hospital. Happened to a buddy of mine.

As far as using it, I don't think there's much wrong with it, as long as you do the proper research and know exactly what you're getting into.

I don't take supplements, though, and I never will. I don't believe that any over the counter supplement that's not potentially harmful to your body is something that you can't just overcome with hard work and willpower.

Mecca
05-20-2007, 05:28 AM
It can have moderate effects.......nothing to different than being natural......other than your body is loaded with water so when you workout when you sweat you look like a fountain.

If you want serious muscle growth in a short period of time find a nutritionist who knows about bodybuilding and steroids and he can legally inject you with them and watch your cycle.......clean cycles should have no ill side effects if you are a healthy person.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-20-2007, 06:37 AM
I took creatine for several months during my soph year of college and developed hard nodules behind my nipples . I went to my family doc about it and he said that he had similar problems from using it, and had treated a patient who went into kidney failure that could possibly be linked to an overuse of creatine. With that in mind, I said f*ck it, and went off it.

Not saying that you'll have the same results, but I just thought you should know.

LiL stumppy
05-20-2007, 07:14 AM
It wont affect speed or jumping ability as much as strength. Make sure you drink alot more water than you normally do. And I also suggest NoXplode from BodyBuilder.com

Iowanian
05-20-2007, 08:09 AM
I used it a few years back, and while I was also lifting hard, eating right and sleeping, I gained about 30lbs.

The problem is, the muscle came on too quickly imo....and I've fought tendonitis in my forearms since.

I wouldn't use it if you're in any form of weight cutting sport, at all.......and its been rumored to cause muscle cramps among other health effects.

I'm not sure if I'd have used it if I could go back, but I did see results.

Marcellus
05-20-2007, 08:12 AM
It will definitely help you gain weight. Basically it helps your body break down proteins faster.

Before giving out supplement info, it would be a good idea to know what you are talking about.

Creatine has absolutley no effect on your bodies ability to break down proteins.

It causes your muscle to volumize with water providing them more oxygen for fuel. This keeps them from wearing down as fast while working out allowing you to lift more for a slightly longer ammount of time giving you a better work out.

The water volumizing also makes your muscles look more full and the weight gain is from the additional water your muscles are holding.

The water is in the muscle tissue not between the muscle and skin so you don't look bloated and you are not simply retaining water.

Crashride
05-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Take it, its good stuff

The Franchise
05-20-2007, 10:45 AM
Most creatines that you can buy now.....require no loading stage.

ChiefsOne
05-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Where do you have to buy it from, off the internet?
I found a site http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/goalcreatine.htm with some information on it.

I buy it locally from a store that gives me a good discount. The same guys have this site, here is the Creatine:
http://www.lowpricesupplements.com/dsp_item_search.cfm?item_brand_nbr=&item_category_nbr=2&item_nbr=

Here is the one I take:
http://www.lowpricesupplements.com/dsp_item_details.cfm?item_nbr=5

This is the high glycemic (glucose) one, it has been proven that the dextrose (sugar) flushes the water into your cells faster and better. You can basically do the same mixing Creatine Monohydrate with grape juice, but the HSC gives you more flavor options, plus I like it better.

ChiefsOne
05-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Most creatines that you can buy now.....require no loading stage.

You are correct, but he will see the results faster.

ChiefsOne
05-20-2007, 11:25 AM
I have taken creatine on/off for years and never had any side effects. Drink lots of water and you should be OK.

Don't know anyone with the knots behind their nipples, but it can dehydrate you if you don't drink lots of water (1-2 gallons per day). The lack of water is what causes cramps and kidney problems.

The Franchise
05-20-2007, 11:26 AM
You are correct, but he will see the results faster.

Have you tried liquid creatine? I'm wondering if you get better results with the powder....or the liquid.

dj56dt58
05-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Try Gakic...

ChiefsOne
05-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Have you tried liquid creatine? I'm wondering if you get better results with the powder....or the liquid.

No, I haven't.

ChiefsOne
05-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Try Gakic...

Vapor by MuscleTech is supposed to be the latest and greatest. I'll let you know how it works when I get some.

BWillie
05-20-2007, 04:18 PM
Creatine can have vastly different effects in different people regarding the amount of weight they gain and strength gains. I take it on and off, but personally I do not receive a large benefit from creatine. It has almost zero effect on my weight, and I only notice about a 5 pound jump in strength on major lifts. I've known some people to gain up to 10 pounds on it by retaining water. 30 pounds as Iowanian said...not possible unless he was popping caps of DBOL.

The cell volumization is the main benefit of creatine, and it helps you put more stress on your muscles by lifting heavier weights. This can help you break out of plateaus and reach new Personal Records. Just by taking creatine, however, does not create permanent results unless you gained muscle when you were on it from the benefits of the additional water pulled into your muscle cells.

Personally, I find no difference in the cheapest creatine and the most expensive cell tech crap. Some people swear by the expensive stuff, but I notice no difference. Also, loading is pretty much BS. You don't have to load regardless of what the supplement company is telling you.

dj56dt58
05-20-2007, 06:53 PM
Vapor by MuscleTech is supposed to be the latest and greatest. I'll let you know how it works when I get some.
Sounds pretty powerful..

chiefbowe82
05-20-2007, 08:19 PM
It sounds like Creatine is kind of a short-term thing, works great for the first week then kind of dies off.