PDA

View Full Version : ***Official "Will Herm Edwards and The Chiefs Win A Super Bowl?" Poll Thread***

Buns
05-20-2007, 12:02 AM
I like Herm and I really like what he has done with this team. I hope he has begun a long tenure in KC. Reading the JoPo article and all the other ones about Herm, it seems he is always talking about winning the championship. That is his MO.

I think Herm will lead this team to at least one Lombardi trophy. Anyone with me? Anyone think I have had a few too many brews?

Direckshun
05-20-2007, 12:06 AM
I'd love to believe, but I've been a Chief fan too long for that level of optimism.

Look at my avatar.

Buns
05-20-2007, 12:14 AM
I think we will. Herm is building a strong defense from the front back. The offense will just have to play smart, tough football and capitalize on what we can do on the other side of the ball. If we can hit on all cylinders, maybe not this year, maybe not next year, but maybe...I think so.

Logical
05-20-2007, 12:20 AM
Not only no but hell no.

Bugeater
05-20-2007, 12:53 AM
ROFL

Direckshun
05-20-2007, 12:54 AM
I think the better question is whether or not the Chiefs' D will score this year.

Buns
05-20-2007, 02:03 AM
I think the D will score, notably Jarrad Page and Donnie Edwards. Tank will get the assist.

el borracho
05-20-2007, 02:08 AM
<Sigh> Would be nice but it is difficult to see that happening anytime soon. On paper we look like we might be 3rd in our own division.

Smed1065
05-20-2007, 02:35 AM
Sh-t. I wish we had you all for a coach, since you all know when and what it will take.................

Smed1065
05-20-2007, 02:35 AM
<Sigh> Would be nice but it is difficult to see that happening anytime soon. On paper we look like we might be 3rd in our own division.

Well in 2003, that paper was TP.

milkman
05-20-2007, 08:08 AM
Herman ****ing Edwards does appear to be a good talent evaluator, but has shown through the years that he isn't a very good gameday coach.

Hopefully he'll stock the shelves in the next couple of years, and when Carl leaves, the next GM will bring in a HC who knows what to do with those full shelves.

Amnorix
05-20-2007, 10:24 AM
The main problem in the AFC of late is Brady/Belichick, Peyton Manning, and a ridiculous amount of talent in SD. Over the next 3-5 years, the chances of any team coming "out of nowhere" to get through that field into, and through, the AFCC isn't nearly as good as it is in the NFC, where things are much more wide open.

It's sort of like the NFC in the 80s. If you weren't the 'boys, 'skins, Bears, Giants or Niners, your chances of seeing a SB were pretty darn small.

That has ntohing to do with whether Herm is a good coach or not. It's just the realities of a very tough conference these days.

Obviously, injuries can change alot in a hurry, and another AFC powerhouse, the STeelers, seem to be in reubilding mode a bit with the loss of their HC and a question-mark at QB, but still -- the Chiefs would be alot happier if they were in the NFC right now. So would alot of other AFC teams.

keg in kc
05-20-2007, 10:28 AM
I think we'll win one after herm, my guess would be 2011.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-20-2007, 10:44 AM
The main problem in the AFC of late is Brady/Belichick, Peyton Manning, and a ridiculous amount of talent in SD. Over the next 3-5 years, the chances of any team coming "out of nowhere" to get through that field into, and through, the AFCC isn't nearly as good as it is in the NFC, where things are much more wide open.

It's sort of like the NFC in the 80s. If you weren't the 'boys, 'skins, Bears, Giants or Niners, your chances of seeing a SB were pretty darn small.

That has ntohing to do with whether Herm is a good coach or not. It's just the realities of a very tough conference these days.

Obviously, injuries can change alot in a hurry, and another AFC powerhouse, the STeelers, seem to be in reubilding mode a bit with the loss of their HC and a question-mark at QB, but still -- the Chiefs would be alot happier if they were in the NFC right now. So would alot of other AFC teams.

Are You Stupid or just plain dumb?

CupidStunt
05-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Will hinge on Croyle's development, Herm's ability to stock up our two lines and, of course, coach better on gameday.

OnTheWarpath15
05-20-2007, 10:51 AM
I guess that depends on how long you expect Herm to be here.

If the answer is Herm leaves in 3-4 years when CP leaves, then no. Too much talent in the AFC right now, and I think it would take several years of drafting well to reach that kind of potential and turn this roster completely over.

If Herm was to have a Bill Cowher-like 10-15 year coaching career here, then there's no doubt in my mind KC would win a SB.

Plus, sometimes you gotta hit bottom before you reach the top.

Pittsburgh had two 6-10 seasons in the five years preceding thier SB win.

New England went 5-11 the year before the dynasty started. 8-8 the year before that.

The Ravens were 6-9-1, 6-10 and 8-8 leading up to their SB win.

The Rams were downright awful before their SB win and run to another appearance.

The Cowboys of the early 90's went 3-13, 1-15 and 7-9 before winning 3 SB's.

milkman
05-20-2007, 11:36 AM
If Herm was to have a Bill Cowher-like 10-15 year coaching career here, then there's no doubt in my mind KC would win a SB.

Where do you live?

I am going to have to hunt you down and shoot you for even suggesting such a possibility!

:cuss:

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-20-2007, 11:38 AM
No chance in hell.

Rain Man
05-20-2007, 11:40 AM
New England went 5-11 the year before the dynasty started. 8-8 the year before that.

I still think it was a mistake to not give Bledsoe his starting job back.

As for the Chiefs, abso-freaking-lutely. This team is going to destroy people next year.

Skip Towne
05-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Are You Stupid or just plain dumb?
Nice. He got through law school while you were jacking off hogs.

luv
05-20-2007, 01:16 PM
I think we'll win one after herm, my guess would be 2011.
You don't think Herm will be in KC in four years?

keg in kc
05-20-2007, 01:18 PM
You don't think Herm will be in KC in four years?No, although that's not as much a comment on him in particular as it is about the rigors of coaching in the NFL nowadays. It's certainly possible that he has a longer tenure, but a lot of things will have to go right.

luv
05-20-2007, 01:21 PM
No, although that's not as much a comment on him in particular as it is about the rigors of coaching in the NFL nowadays. It's certainly possible that he has a longer tenure, but a lot of things will have to go right.
I think we'll make progress while he's here. Super Bowl? Maybe not. I think we'll be heading in the right direction, though.

OctoberFart
05-20-2007, 04:11 PM
RAIDERS will win one before KC even sniffs the SB.

Hammock Parties
05-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Did Al Davis die or something?

OctoberFart
05-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Did Al Davis die or something?

Why don't you write an article comparing Carl to Al and the successes that the teams have had under both okay?

chiefbowe82
05-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Well I'm sure we'll play to win the game this year to.

crazycoffey
05-20-2007, 09:56 PM
within three years......

CoMoChief
05-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Carl is still here. No.