PDA

View Full Version : Career/Job

luv
05-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Are you doing what you wanted to do with your life? Are you in the process of doing what you need to do in order to do what you want, and you're just working a job to pay bills until then? Are you stuck in a job because you have no other degrees or special skills, and you can't afford to start over doing something else?

pr_capone
05-20-2007, 11:48 PM
I was doing what I wanted to do while I was in the army. then I got a medical discharge and my plans were shot to hell.

Now, I am working a job to pay the bills until I can get back into banking which is what I did before the army.

Bwana
05-20-2007, 11:54 PM
No not really, but the money is to good to pass it up right now. I am getting REALLY burned out though and wouldn't pass something else up if the same money were there. I am doing some hunting on-line for a different avenue. By taking something else, I will likely piss off at least 15K in bonus money, but at this point, I really don't care.

luv
05-20-2007, 11:54 PM
I know I'm not doing what I want to do, but I'm not sure exactly what it is I want to be doing.

BWillie
05-20-2007, 11:57 PM
I don't want to do anything. I want to sit on my ass, all day. I want to do nothing. But, if one had to work, I'm definitely not doing what I want. But all the jobs I would want to do you make diddly squat. If I had a choice and could make good money doing it, I would be a golf club pro. Sit in the club house, read the paper. Hit on the cart girl. Drink beer and bullshit with the locals, what an amazing job it would be.

ClevelandBronco
05-21-2007, 12:00 AM
I've been self-employed for a decade and a half or so, and my core business has always involved doing something very close to what I always wanted to do. I can't say that's always been entirely true, though. I've been distracted by opportunities along the way that didn't match my talents and interests. I chased those opportunities only for the money, and even when they paid off, I look back on those times as lost opportunities to do more of the work which I'm best suited for, and which gives me more joy.

It's an interesting question, luv. If you're wondering about your purpose in life, I'd say you have to look at your passions and your God-given talents first to determine whether you're on the right track.

You've probably been equipped already to do what will make you most happy. Hey, even if you need more education to do it, you're probably already equipped with the ability to learn it, simply because you'll care enough to learn.

Don't do what you do out of fear, or greed, or envy, or to meet others' misunderstandings of who you really are and you'll probably be doing what you want to do.

luv
05-21-2007, 12:05 AM
Don't do what you do out of fear, or greed, or envy, or to meet others' misunderstandings of who you really are and you'll probably be doing what you want to do.

I absolutely love English. If I were to go back to school, I would want to get my degree in English. I always wanted to be a writer growing up, but I know that I'd need a job to get me by. What would I do with an English degree? Edit? Teach?

Dunit35
05-21-2007, 12:09 AM
I was in the process of doing what I need to do, but have finally decided to change my major to criminal justice. I know I don't need the education to become a police officer, but I'm over half way done as it is. So, I'm just going to finish it up.

The job I work at now sucks, but it's paying the bills (barely) and my fiance works also. I've only been working there for two weeks and after 90 days I'll get a raise...wow it'll be up to 7.50.

The one thing I always wanted to happen in my life was meeting my future wife and now that I have done that, I couldn't be any happier.

Dunit35
05-21-2007, 12:11 AM
I absolutely love English. If I were to go back to school, I would want to get my degree in English. I always wanted to be a writer growing up, but I know that I'd need a job to get me by. What would I do with an English degree? Edit? Teach?

English degree? You could take the necessary education classes and become a teacher. You work the 2nd shift at your job right? You could always take your classes in the a.m. but eventually working full-time and taking a full 12 hours could wear you down.

luv
05-21-2007, 12:11 AM
I was in the process of doing what I need to do, but have finally decided to change my major to criminal justice. I know I don't need the education to become a police officer, but I'm over half way done as it is. So, I'm just going to finish it up.

The job I work at now sucks, but it's paying the bills (barely) and my fiance works also. I've only been working there for two weeks and after 90 days I'll get a raise...wow it'll be up to 7.50.

The one thing I always wanted to happen in my life was meeting my future wife and now that I have done that, I couldn't be any happier.
Growing up, I dreamed of being a wife and mother, and I would write and get things published in my spare time. I'm finding that only one of those things is within my control. Got to adjust the dream a little.

luv
05-21-2007, 12:14 AM
English degree? You could take the necessary education classes and become a teacher. You work the 2nd shift at your job right? You could always take your classes in the a.m. but eventually working full-time and taking a full 12 hours could wear you down.
I just can't see myself teaching. I'm too inquisitive. I like being the student. Hey, I could go into journalism! I could ask questions AND write!

Dunit35
05-21-2007, 12:14 AM
Growing up, I dreamed of being a wife and mother, and I would write and get things published in my spare time. I'm finding that only one of those things is within my control. Got to adjust the dream a little.

Nothing wrong with that. I always wanted a wife and never thought about the bills we would have (health insurence, auto insurence...etc.) Stuff like that always stresses me out and keeps me up at night. I'm on my fathers insurences right now but next May we will have to get our own and the thought of paying for auto insurence drives me crazy (I will be 22 years old then, gonna be expensive.)

luv
05-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Nothing wrong with that. I always wanted a wife and never thought about the bills we would have (health insurence, auto insurence...etc.) Stuff like that always stresses me out and keeps me up at night. I'm on my fathers insurences right now but next May we will have to get our own and the thought of paying for auto insurence drives me crazy (I will be 22 years old then, gonna be expensive.)
Getting married will help. So does turning 25.

Dunit35
05-21-2007, 12:17 AM
I just can't see myself teaching. I'm too inquisitive. I like being the student. Hey, I could go into journalism! I could ask questions AND write!

Journalism could be right up your alley. Mass communications major (I think) is what that degree is called. I know a girl that went to the same college as me (small town, small college.) and she just graduated. SHe wasn't even done with school yet and took a news t.v. reporter job in Arkansas.

luv
05-21-2007, 12:18 AM
Journalism could be right up your alley. Mass communications major (I think) is what that degree is called. I know a girl that went to the same college as me (small town, small college.) and she just graduated. SHe wasn't even done with school yet and took a news t.v. reporter job in Arkansas.
If I could've only decided this 10 years ago.

BWillie
05-21-2007, 12:19 AM

driveinsurance.com

I pay 34 dollars a month liability coverage, 50K PD. When I was with Geico/Progressive I was paying 76 for liability. Amazing deal. Look into it.

Technically it is "progressive" claims service, but amazingly it's oogles and oogles cheaper. I don't understand it really.

KcMizzou
05-21-2007, 12:20 AM
I never really knew what I wanted to do. I never really had a "dream job".

I just kinda fell into what I do now. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I'm good at it too, so that helps.

I suspect most people end up in a similar situation.

Dunit35
05-21-2007, 12:20 AM
Getting married will help. So does turning 25.

Yeah, my sister in law said they get all kinds of discounts at state farm. Good student, renter's insurence, etc.

Dunit35
05-21-2007, 12:23 AM
driveinsurance.com

I pay 34 dollars a month liability coverage, 50K PD. When I was with Geico/Progressive I was paying 76 for liability. Amazing deal. Look into it.

Technically it is "progressive" claims service, but amazingly it's oogles and oogles cheaper. I don't understand it really.

I'll look into it. I will be looking into every option possible when it comes time. We will have two vehicles, something along the lines of a 4 door Pontiac G6 and either a 91 s10 or a 99 silverado.

Edit: She will definately be the primary driver of the 2005 or 2006 car and I will be the primary driver of the older one. Does the amount of miles on a car make a difference?

luv
05-21-2007, 12:23 AM
I never really knew what I wanted to do. I never really had a "dream job".

I just kinda fell into what I do now. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I'm good at it too, so that helps.

I suspect most people end up in a similar situation.
That's where I'm at right now. I don't really like the politics of the new company at work, but I am very good at doing what I do. Just got to dreaming about starting over somewhere. Can't afford to start over pay-wise. I figured a degree in something might help.

ClevelandBronco
05-21-2007, 12:26 AM

Edit, teach, write.

There are enormous opportunities out there for freelance writers. If you want to get your feet wet to see if you'd really enjoy it, keep your present job for a while, but find a couple of nonprofit organizations that you believe in and offer to write their newsletters or their e-mail communications. You'll soon get an idea of whether you'd enjoy writing from a journalism/marketing perspective (depending on the aims of the publications you'd be putting together.)

Or volunteer at a local school on whatever basis you could while still feeding yourself to see if you like the teaching environment.

Find a smaller weekly paper in your area and offer to help edit for a month to see whether you like that kind of work. (Many writers know little about proper English, and they are so quick to try to present their ideas, they forget about spelling and punctuation, and such.)

You could work at any kind of media outlet. You could go into legal/law enforcement fields. There are large corporations that keep entire departments devoted to employee, investor and public relations. You could go into advertising and PR. Government agencies have communication liasons to the media and the public.

The doors are wide open, luv. Try one. Just walk through it. You can always walk back out and try another.

KcMizzou
05-21-2007, 12:28 AM
That's where I'm at right now. I don't really like the politics of the new company at work, but I am very good at doing what I do. Just got to dreaming about starting over somewhere. Can't afford to start over pay-wise. I figured a degree in something might help.Yeah, I'm at the point now, where I can't go do something else and get anywhere close to the same money. I have two kids, so that's not an option.

I don't mind, though. I make decent money. I like 90% of the people I work with.... and I'm steadily moving up.

That's really all the average guy can ask.

luv
05-21-2007, 12:32 AM
Yeah, I'm at the point now, where I can't go do something else and get anywhere close to the same money. I have two kids, so that's not an option.

I don't mind, though. I make decent money. I like 90% of the people I work with.... and I'm steadily moving up.

That's really all the average guy can ask.
I'm in supervision. I have to like everyone. Makes it difficult to make friends at work. I've tried to a few times, but it didn't work out in either case. It's a shame too, because I really think I'd like hanging out with some of the people I work with.

There's been talk about our plant closing. Those rumors have gone around before, but there are a few more things that help me more readily accept that conclusion. It kind of scares me.

BigMeatballDave
05-21-2007, 12:50 AM
I like what I do. When I was a kid I wanted to be a meteorlogist. When I graduated HS, all I wanted was to be stoned. I fulfilled that dream for a few yrs. Worked alot of different jobs. In '94, I found a job at a machine shop in Grandview, Mo. R&W MFG. They made parts for Caterpiller. I worked there for 2 yrs. I really liked it. I have been doing this type of work ever since.

Phobia
05-21-2007, 12:57 AM
I always figured I'd be doing computer networking my whole life. Since that fell through I have my own remodeling company. When I'm on a project making a big difference in somebody's home, one that they'll enjoy for years I really enjoy it. But the small, cash-flow projects really blow. I'd love to find something else but opportunities are limited for a guy with my background. I'd probably have to take a whole lot less to get in the door with no guarantees of advancement. Plus I really like being my own boss. Heh.

Logical
05-21-2007, 01:04 AM
I am quite happy running programs that a multimillion dollar efforts. But I had hoped to be a director by now. Probably would be except for the kidney failure which keeps me from traveling regularly (a prerequisite for directors) so I am about as far as I am going to go.

luv
05-21-2007, 01:35 AM
I am quite happy running programs that a multimillion dollar efforts. But I had hoped to be a director by now. Probably would be except for the kidney failure which keeps me from traveling regularly (a prerequisite for directors) so I am about as far as I am going to go.
I don't want to advance in the company I work for. I'm still hourly as an assistant. I'm more of a "glorified floor employee" only I have the extra responsibilities of training, keeping track of production numbers and work flow for my department, and keeping the peace while enforcing rules. I don't like the way upper management views the floor employees, and I don't like the way they run things. As long as I do my job, answer to whomever I need to answer to, and don't cause a ruckus, then I'll be okay. As long as we have work to do.

cdcox
05-21-2007, 01:50 AM
I worked my first job out of college for 2.5 years. It was okay and I was going day-to-day. Then my boss left and I came to know that his job was mine for the asking. It was a heck of an opportunity especially at my age (26), but it would have required me to get more into sales, which doesn't exactly fit my personality. That was a real wake up call for me.

I took a real hard look at my career options over the next few months, and decided to go back to school for my Ph.D. so I could teach engineering at a university. My wife quit her job (a good job, but she didn't love it) and we sold our house (which. she did love). We moved from KC where all my family was located. This was a major step out of the box.

Long story short, I got my PhD and have had the type of job I was targeting for the last 16 years. I like my job. I'm intellectually challenged, which is what I was really missing from my job in KC. I have a great deal of freedom in terms of how I spend my time. I've got the luxury of being my own boss (at least 75% of the time) combined with the security that few jobs have these days. I'm a lucky guy.

Even so, it's not like I'm living my dream. Students don't seem like they care or I end up having a hard time working with them. Most of my research proposals get turned down for funding. I've been working on an important paper over the last year that's been turned down for publication twice. There have been some significant rewards, too. But having my dream job only made my chanllegens and problems greater.

At least a thousand times (not an exageration) since we left Kansas City, I've wondered if we made the right decision. For the first 10 years, I honestly didn't know. Since then, I would answer yes 95% of the time.

It costs a great deal to pursue your dreams. Count the cost. Realize that achieving your goal will bring its own challenges and frustrations. Maybe after all that, it will be worthwhile. No guarantees, but that is what makes life interesting.

Bearcat
05-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Are you doing what you wanted to do with your life? Are you in the process of doing what you need to do in order to do what you want, and you're just working a job to pay bills until then? Are you stuck in a job because you have no other degrees or special skills, and you can't afford to start over doing something else?

I was in the "can't get experience because I have none" category for a long time. I graduated with my bachelors when IT wasn't doing so well (Sprint laid off over 1000 people a few weeks before I graduated), and I didn't have the GPA to get a job solely on education.

While I was back in school, I got a job with a really good company, but they have a requirement that I can't leave the department until I've been there 2 years. So, it's tested my patience, but I think it'll pay off in the end.

A lot of it had to do with finding a company that was willing to pay for a good portion of my MBA. I didn't like the job, and it was luck that the week they told me they weren't going to pay any more (because some VP redefined the definition of what they would and wouldn't reimburse, and even though the old VP had already approved the next semester's tuition, he rejected it 2 weeks before the semester started... how's that for employee motivation? :cuss: ), I happened to find the job I have now (and they paid for the rest of it :) ).

I had a friend out of high school that was able to get a job at Sprint, and a year later they paid 100% of his tuition. If you want to go back to school, that's the way to do it (coming from someone with $18,000 to pay in loans :banghead: )

The Franchise
05-21-2007, 10:38 AM
I fell into the job I have right now. I never thought that I'd be working in politics.....but this isn't what I want to do with my life.

I'm going to school to get my bachelors degree in Web Design and Multimedia. Then I can either work for a web design firm....or start my own business doing the same thing. I haven't decided.

wutamess
05-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Never in a million years thought I'd be a scripter/programmer. I interned at Hallmark cards and hated the way they just sat in their cubicles and stair at their monitors (with their cups of coffee) so long that when you have any sort of conversation with them, their eyes would twitch.

My original intentions since childhood was to be a MLB player. Could've made it to atleast the minors but don't know how far after that and didn't want to chance making $1k/month on a farm team when I could get a career paying 3-4X that immediately and without the associated risks.

I occassionally think about the what ifs but that gets satisfied by being able to play in recreational softball all the freaking time.

I went to school for CS. At the time, I was an artist and had only used the PC for drawing stuff in paint and such. I didn't know programming & so much math (favorite subject) would be involved.

Anyhow through coupla of other jobs we're to today. Best damn job of my life. I couldn't ask for anything else (more $ never hurts though). I work from home. enjoy/wanna kill my toddlers while working daily, challenging and somewhat secure and the challenges make it fun as hell. Keeps my mind working.

Anyhow, always had my intentions set on being a MLB player but completely satisfied with job I have now. I guess if I'd ask for anything more it'd be to make more income through other investment avenues, etc. But I'm already doing that also.

~Pinching myself.

Saulbadguy
05-21-2007, 11:00 AM
I treat my job as a means to an end.

I don't really like it that much, but it pays the bills and allows me to do what I want. My main intention for learning any new skills or bettering myself is to make my home life more enjoyable.

I don't do what I do because I like it, I don't think there is a job out there I would really enjoy doing.

Iowanian
05-21-2007, 11:05 AM
driveinsurance.com

That will be great....right up until you get into an accident, and jack shit isn't covered.

I don't know too many people who truely love their jobs.....a job is something most of us do, to be able to afford a place to live and pay for the things we do like to do.

I'm going to do something different soon.

There are ways to do a job you might not like, just as much as you don't like the current one, and be happier.

88TG88
05-21-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm doing nothing and I love it.

Spicy McHaggis
05-21-2007, 12:07 PM
I want to be a college professor in either History or Philosophy. So even after I finally get my undergrad finished I'll have to go back to school for grad work. I know it is something I'm going to be happy with so even though it sucks working full-time and going to school it should be worth it in the end.

My advice to you luv is that if you really want to do the English thing then find a way to make it happen. You'll get frustrated at times because it seems like things aren't going fast enough but just getting your foot in the door will motivate you to fight for what it is you want to do.

crazycoffey
05-21-2007, 12:07 PM
I think I've shared my story several times. not doing something you love, sucks. going through the steps to get to where you want also sucks, takes too long sometimes.

DMAC
05-21-2007, 12:14 PM
My ultimate dream is to start building homes (contractor, just like 4 homes per year) ,plus being a canoe trip tour guide.

As far as right now, I'm doing exactly what I want.

luv
05-21-2007, 12:17 PM
As far as right now, I'm doing exactly what I want.
Yeah, sitting in that nice, big office posting on the planet. You should put a putting green in there. :p

DMAC
05-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Yeah, sitting in that nice, big office posting on the planet. You should put a putting green in there. :pHoly crap, I do! I also need to get some of that Chiefs carpet one of the posters here has. (forget who)

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-21-2007, 12:27 PM
My original plan was MLB coming out of high school,but since I sucked at baseball that fell through. Then I put in applications for porn star. Well, they said I was too fat and needed a bigger pecker. After that I started working for a homeless man on the street, it paid real good $30/hour but I haven't gotten my money from him yet and that was three years ago. Next I decided that what I really wanted was to be a housewife, but that didn't work out because I'm not a woman or gay. So here I am a porcine production owner (pig farmer)and I LOVE IT!

Chief Faithful
05-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Then I put in applications for porn star.

In a bizarre beastiality sort of way it seems you have fulfilled your dreams.

luv
05-21-2007, 12:37 PM
In a bizarre beastiality sort of way it seems you have fulfilled your dreams.
I believe "interspecies erotica" is the politically correct terminology now.

ZepSinger
05-21-2007, 12:41 PM
After a couple of decades aspiring to the dream job of 'rock star', I finally gave up and fell into the position of Sr. Interactive developer for a large KC firm. All I do all day is create in Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Premiere. Best (real) job I've ever had! I get to be an artiste and make pretty good $$$ besides...

:)

Z

Buehler445
05-21-2007, 02:10 PM
If you pursue English, there are things out there for you. It appears to me (please bear in mind that I am a business major, and most likely don't see the same benefits from studying it as you do) that the best opportunities are in higher education. To get on at most institutions, you typically have to have a PhD, but not always. At my university, faculty are evaluated on their teaching performance, service, and research. If English is what you love, you can envelop yourself in a variety of different tasks directly involving English.

I just finished my MBA in Emporia. I still work full time for the school as an overglorified secretary. I'm looking to get started in my career, but everything I have found hasn't panned out because it hasn't turned out to be what I wanted, hasn't paid enough, or flat denied me. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Pitt Gorilla
05-21-2007, 03:08 PM
I love my job and wouldn't want to do anything else.

Stewie
05-21-2007, 03:12 PM
For the most part I like my job. That being said, I'm seriously considering going on my own because working for a large company is frustrating. Too many politics and meetings. Those things get in the way of what should done sooner rather than later.

Simplex3
05-21-2007, 03:23 PM
I've found the path to happiness isn't getting what you want nearly as much as it is to just stop wanting things. I spent several years chasing my wants only to find that when I got there my desires had changed and were further and further out.

:shrug:

teedubya
05-21-2007, 03:27 PM
I teach people web development and graphic design and I love it. I am also in the process of creating a company that may revolutionize some things in the advertising arena. www.adiq.us

Im always looking for ways to innovate. Never be complacent and waste time... look for things to do that you are passionate about, and you will be successful.

if you hate what you do, change it. We only have a short time on this earth, so we need to make as big of impact as we possibly can.

I want to be a billionaire and help create 1000 millionaires... so I think the advertising industry may allow me to do just that.

you have to ask yourself the right questions... so then you get the right responses to help move you forward in life.

-Ari Gates

Hoover
05-21-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm a political nerd so I love where I'm at.

Bearcat
05-21-2007, 04:35 PM
I want to be a billionaire and help create 1000 millionaires

Oooohh oooohhhh!! Pick me! Pick me!!!

Rain Man
05-21-2007, 04:38 PM
Oooohh oooohhhh!! Pick me! Pick me!!!

Ooh. 15 minutes too late. You're #1001.

big nasty kcnut
05-21-2007, 04:44 PM
I did when i was writing. I want to get a job at this radio station down the street from me but i'm scared that they won't like me and hire me.

Simplex3
05-21-2007, 04:45 PM
I want to be a billionaire and help create 1000 millionaires... so I think the advertising industry may allow me to do just that.
Sounds like a pyramid scheme.

Adept Havelock
05-21-2007, 04:46 PM
I've found the path to happiness isn't getting what you want nearly as much as it is to just stop wanting things. I spent several years chasing my wants only to find that when I got there my desires had changed and were further and further out.

:shrug:

I'd agree. Heh...never figured you holding a Buddhist-like world view Simplex3. Just proves you shouldn't judge a poster by his avatar (especially if it's an armed muppet). Cheers.

Simplex3
05-21-2007, 04:57 PM
I'd agree. Heh...never figured you holding a Buddhist-like world view Simplex3. Just proves you shouldn't judge a poster by his avatar (especially if it's an armed muppet). Cheers.
It's funny, I actually loosely practice Zen Buddhism. :shrug:

Adept Havelock
05-21-2007, 05:07 PM
It's funny, I actually loosely practice Zen Buddhism. :shrug:

I've always thought there was certainly something to the connection between desire and suffering.

Loosely practice? Does that mean there's more space between the grains of sand when building a mandala? Or does the Missus just get a really oversized Sari?

Simplex3
05-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Loosely practice? Does that mean there's more space between the grains of sand when building a mandala? Or does the Missus just get a really oversized Sari?
Nothing so overly glamorous. It's the "religion" that I most connect with, but I really suck at it.

:)

Gracie Dean
05-21-2007, 05:18 PM
I always knew I was going to be a teacher. I always thought it would be music and not social studies

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-21-2007, 05:35 PM
I love what I do and I'm good at it... I just don't care for where I'm doing it currently. I do honestly feel like I'm doing what I was born to do though.

My dream was always to do radio in KC but family matters have so far kept that from happening, which is fine. You make trade offs and reprioritize things in life. I always wanted to be the public address announcer at Royals Stadium too... and if I ever do make it back to KC that's something I'm going for. I did work as the P.A. announcer for a local collegiate league team for two years and it was a lot of fun. I even ended up getting a recommendation for the Royals gig out of it from another guy with ties to KC radio and the Chiefs radio network... but alas the family thing kept me from going for it. I'm currently re-examining the whole issue now that I'm divorced. If it never happens though I can live with it. Being here with my daughter has been worth more than any job. It's not all bad being a big fish in a small pond either. (That wasn't meant to sound arrogant btw)

Slick32
05-21-2007, 05:38 PM
I wanted to be a master carpenter and was well on the way to it when the housing market took a dive. I changed professions in the middle of the stream and it has turned out to be more along the lines of what I'm best at; sitting on my ass.

Great money and benefits, private office and work from home whenever I want to. Limited travel plus extra pay when I do travel.

Carlota69
05-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Yes. I've wanted to be a radio personality since I was 8 yrs old. Although I wish I would of known at an early age that I could do stand-up comedy as well, bcuz I would of gone for it. I didnt discover my talent for that until I was 34, owning houses, cars etc...now way could I hit the road and do dive bars in Podunk Iowa and make my ranks through the comedy world at that age with all that to lose.

Archie Bunker
05-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Right now I am a shipping and receiving manager at a tractor dealership, not exactly my dream job but no complaints. I also raise cattle which I love doing.

teedubya
05-21-2007, 07:17 PM

don't be mad at not being one of the 1000.

Rain Man
05-21-2007, 07:39 PM
I always knew I was going to be a teacher. I always thought it would be music and not social studies

You can always combine the two. Sing along with me....

"Al-bay-ni-aaaaa"
"Al-bay-ni-aaaaa"
"It bor-ders on ... the ... A ... dri ... atic"

Rain Man
05-21-2007, 07:43 PM

A pyramid of MILLIONAIRES, maybe.

luv
05-21-2007, 07:47 PM
don't be mad at not being one of the 1000.
I started the thread. I get 2 million, right?

kcxiv
05-21-2007, 07:48 PM
I wanted to play baseball. Baseball was my first love. But i took some wrong turns way back when. lol

DaFace
05-21-2007, 08:03 PM
I hate my job. My boss is a jerk. :D

Kidding of course. I like my job just fine, and RM is a great boss. I'm not 100% sold on the big city life, but I'm getting there. Other than that, I'm perfectly happy with where things are at this point. Of course, I'm just starting out, so ask me again in 10 years or so.

Mr. Kotter
05-21-2007, 08:11 PM

Kidding of course. I like my job just fine, and RM is a great boss. I'm not 100% sold on the big city life, but I'm getting there. Other than that, I'm perfectly happy with where things are at this point. Of course, I'm just starting out, so ask me again in 10 years or so.

You work for Rhonda Moss??? :eek:

Bearcat
05-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Ooh. 15 minutes too late. You're #1001.

If each of those 1000 millionaires can make me a thousandaire.... well, not in a reverse pryamid kind of way, but by just giving me a $1000 each.... It's just pocket change, right?

I was reading about Bethlehem Steel today, and they actually constructed their corporate building in a cross shape (at an extra cost) so more executives could have corner offices.

I would have spent the extra money on balconies, but that's just me.

Rain Man
05-22-2007, 10:18 PM
I wanted to play baseball. Baseball was my first love. But i took some wrong turns way back when. lol

How could you take wrong turns? 1st, 2nd, 3rd, home. It's easy.

Rain Man
05-22-2007, 10:19 PM

You haven't been here during "Kick an Employee Month" yet, have you?

Thig Lyfe
05-22-2007, 10:20 PM
I plan on being a pro basketball player!

Rain Man
05-22-2007, 10:26 PM
I plan on being a pro basketball player!

Need an agent?