PDA

View Full Version : What type of suspension for punching a woman?

the Talking Can
05-21-2007, 05:18 AM
Jets’ Miller hit with assault charge
By Herald wire services
Monday, May 21, 2007 - Updated: 01:12 AM EST

Jets kick returner Justin Miller was arrested early yesterday and charged with third-degree assault after a fight at a New York nightclub.
“I want to apologize to everyone for this situation, including my family, my teammates, the Jets organization, our fans and the entire NFL,” Miller said in a team-released statement. “I understand that serving in the NFL is an honor and that I have an obligation to behave in a manner that reflects the privilege I have been given.”
ESPN.com reported that the 23-year-old Pro Bowl returner was arrested after allegedly punching a woman in a nightclub. He was apprehended following a police chase at 4:20 a.m. According to the report, police said Miller swung at a man, but hit the woman when the man ducked out of the way.
In light of the NFL’s new conduct policy, the Jets have already notified the commissioner’s office.
“We expect our players to adhere to the highest standards of conduct off the field and take any allegation of personal misconduct very seriously,” the team said in its statement. “Until we’ve had an opportunity to review all the facts, we will refrain from further comment.”

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/otherNFL/view.bg?articleid=1002338

Buns
05-21-2007, 05:22 AM
I imagine its going to be more than if he got charged with hitting the dude. I heard on Mike and Mike that the lady had injuries to her face and her knee.

Marcellus
05-21-2007, 06:07 AM
The report says he swung at a man and missed and accidently hit the women.

boogblaster
05-21-2007, 06:44 AM
Don't fool yourself them biotches in clubs start most fights ...and they will hit you in the back of the head with anything they can..been there done that .....

Skip Towne
05-21-2007, 06:48 AM
Don't fool yourself them biotches in clubs start most fights ...and they will hit you in the back of the head with anything they can..been there done that .....
Which clubs did you work in?

boogblaster
05-21-2007, 06:50 AM
Quite a few in Wichita ....

chagrin
05-21-2007, 06:59 AM
A punch is a punch in this case - if the Police speak the truth here, it's an accident he hit the girl. Still, fighting in night clubs is lame, he should face some suspension

05-21-2007, 07:07 AM
Updated: May 20, 2007, 5:15 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

Jets cornerback Justin Miller was arrested early Sunday and charged with third-degree misdemeanor assault after he allegedly punched a woman in a New York City nightclub, ESPN's Jeremy Schaap is reporting.

Justin Miller

Miller

Miller was apprehended after a police chase at 4:20 a.m.

Police said Miller was swinging at a man, but hit the woman after the man ducked. The woman has a laceration on her face and swelling and pain in her knee.

Miller made the AFC Pro Bowl roster as a kick returner and was the Jets' lone representative in Hawaii. He averaged 28.3 yards per kick return in 2006 and had two return touchdowns.

link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2876896)
He ran from the police too..he's an idiot..thank god we got Revis.

PunkinDrublic
05-21-2007, 08:41 AM
If it's someone like Anne Coulter or Michelle Malkin I say pay him a bonus.