PDA

View Full Version : Bengals' Henry fails drug test

Mr. Laz
05-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Chris Henry Fails Drug Test

Last Update: May 21, 2007 11:20 AM
Print this Story

Kenton County Attorney Garry Edmondson says embattled Bengals receiver Chris Henry has failed a court-ordered drug test.

Edmondson says Henry tested positive for opiates and that it will force Henry to serve up to 88 days in the Kenton County jail. It could also affect Henry's probation in Florida.

Henry was ticketed last month for an improper turn signal on Vine Street in Cincinnati. Those charges were dropped after Henry entered a diversion program. He was also cited for driving with a suspended license.

noa
05-21-2007, 10:35 AM
It was the poppyseed bagel

Silock
05-21-2007, 10:36 AM
The Bengals are a bunch of ****ups.

trndobrd
05-21-2007, 10:37 AM
He was using tainted supplements.

Redrum_69
05-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Bengals need to set up a bondsman at their stadium.

Or better yet, send a parole officer to start choosing their draft picks

Easy 6
05-21-2007, 10:38 AM
So he's not content with some weed, now its opiates.

This guy doesnt wanna play football.

Career = Kaput

The Franchise
05-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Can't they just scratch the whole team and start over? Say....keep Palmer and Chad Johnson....cut the rest.

Redrum_69
05-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Why not solve the problem and just have NPL.

Half the team would be Bengals.

Hydrae
05-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Chris Henry Fails Drug Test

Last Update: May 21, 2007 11:20 AM
Print this Story

Kenton County Attorney Garry Edmondson says embattled Bengals receiver Chris Henry has failed a court-ordered drug test.

Edmondson says Henry tested positive for opiates and that it will force Henry to serve up to 88 days in the Kenton County jail. It could also affect Henry's probation in Florida.

Henry was ticketed last month for an improper turn signal on Vine Street in Cincinnati. Those charges were dropped after Henry entered a diversion program. He was also cited for driving with a suspended license.

I am going to go out on a limb here and assume he had some form of previous issue. Somehow I don't see how this could have all stemmed from an improper turn signal violation.

ROYC75
05-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Cincy is going to have the 1st franchised NFL team from a Federal Prison.

kcxiv
05-21-2007, 10:54 AM
lol. WHen it rains it pours for the Bengals. Their coach has completely lost his guys. You need to just cut his ass loose now. He's a good coach football wise, but he has totally lost control of his team. At this point you need to just start over.

Easy 6
05-21-2007, 10:58 AM
lol. WHen it rains it pours for the Bengals. Their coach has completely lost his guys. You need to just cut his ass loose now. He's a good coach football wise, but he has totally lost control of his team. At this point you need to just start over.

I think your right, there must not be a proper level of fear & respect for this guy...its now an epidemic with that club.

If he had crushed guys like this with an iron fist earlier on, it probably wouldnt have come to this.

You cant fix stupid Marvin.

Redrum_69
05-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Looks like all the drafts picks for Cincy this year will be starters for every game

ChiefsfaninPA
05-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Can't they just scratch the whole team and start over? Say....keep Palmer and Chad Johnson....cut the rest.

WHOSEYOURMAMA is a keeper also. He hasn't been in trouble.

Phobia
05-21-2007, 11:01 AM
This is the reason rookie contracts should be fixed. The only thing some of these guys listen to is their game check. Hit them there and they'll reconsider their behavior.

The Bengals should have the right to sieze every single item belonging to Chris Henry and put him out on a street corner. They've gotten zero in return for their investment and it's just sad. I feel badly for them.

OnTheWarpath15
05-21-2007, 11:06 AM
So will this tack on another 4 games to the 8 he's already sitting, or will Goodell just sit him for the entire year now?

Phobia
05-21-2007, 11:07 AM
So will this tack on another 4 games to the 8 he's already sitting, or will Goodell just sit him for the entire year now?

Hasn't he already sat out 4 games? I think this violation is good for a year by itself. So he may be out for 1.5 years.

Mile High Mania
05-21-2007, 11:08 AM
Well, the wording that Goodell put in that letter to Henry was very clear... so, if he wants to be viewed as a commish that means what he says, then Henry will never again play in the NFL.

If Henry isn't banned from the NFL (and I'm not saying he should, just referencing what the commish typed)... then the commish will lose any sort of leverage that he is trying to gain.

Mile High Mania
05-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Plus, Henry is the perfect type of guy that Goodell can use as "the example". Henry is a talented guy and he's visible as the #3 WR on a good offense. However, he is by no means a superstar...

Goodell can ban him for life, draw that line in the sand and he has his example for moving forward. I can't see the commish doing this to a top 10-15 player... but, he can do it to a Chris Henry and solidify himself as the disciplinarian that he wants to be seen as in the NFL.

OnTheWarpath15
05-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Hasn't he already sat out 4 games? I think this violation is good for a year by itself. So he may be out for 1.5 years.

His first suspension was for 2 games, IIRC.

But yeah, wouldn't be surprised to see Goodell drop the hammer......I thought it was made clear that another f-up would result in getting kicked out of the league.....

EDIT: Verified by MHM. I thought so.....

Phobia
05-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Good. Boot him. I'm tired of hearing about him. I've never heard anything about his on the field participation, just his misbehavior off.

Mile High Mania
05-21-2007, 11:12 AM
-------------
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2877555 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2877555)

Bengals' Henry must serve jail time after failed drug test
ESPN.com news services
Updated: May 21, 2007, 12:37 PM ET

Suspended Bengals receiver Chris Henry reportedly failed a court-ordered drug test and will have to serve 88 days in jail.

Kenton County (Kentucky) Attorney Garry Edmondson said that Henry tested positive for opiates and he will be forced to serve jail time.

Henry's failed drug test was first reported by WKRC-TV in Cincinnati.

Henry is on probation in Florida. It's unclear whether the reported drug test results will force him to serve jail time there.

The Bengals told ESPN's Bob Holtzman that they expect to release a statement regarding Henry later Monday.

Henry, who has been arrested four times since December 2005, has been suspended for the first eight games of next season for violating the NFL's conduct policies. He spent two days in jail last January after pleading guilty to letting minors drink alcohol in a hotel room he had rented.

Henry received traffic tickets on March 25 for driving with a suspended license, failing to use his turn signal and a seat belt violation. He was allowed to go into a license intervention program to settle the charges.

Henry is permitted to work out at the Bengals' facilities in the offseason and participate in training camp, including preseason games. He won't be allowed to practice with the team when the regular season begins. He will be reinstated after the eighth game if he stays out of trouble.

"I must emphasize to you that this is your last opportunity to salvage your NFL career," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell wrote Henry when he suspended him. "I urge you to take full advantage of the resources available to support you in that effort."

ESPN.com's John Clayton and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

InChiefsHell
05-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Seriously, I was laughing along with everyone else for a while at the trouble for the Bungholes...but this is just getting pathetic...

...They need to clean house in Cinci..

Spicy McHaggis
05-21-2007, 11:42 AM
This is the reason rookie contracts should be fixed. The only thing some of these guys listen to is their game check. Hit them there and they'll reconsider their behavior.

The Bengals should have the right to sieze every single item belonging to Chris Henry and put him out on a street corner. They've gotten zero in return for their investment and it's just sad. I feel badly for them.

Mecca still thinks we should have drafted him.

:p I'm just kidding dude.

Buehler445
05-21-2007, 12:04 PM
I think Marvin should talk to the commissioner and work out a deal where he can cut every asswipe that is a liability and have Goodell bring some heat if anyone tries to pick them up. Unfortunate as it is, I can see some a-hole team picking him up and getting production out of him, which makes it difficult to send a message. Hopefully I'm wrong and this guy has buried himself forever, but I can see a team picking him up after his suspension.

As for trying to motivate these guys, hitting them in the pocketbook is the only way IMO to do it. That is what genuinely scares these guys. Suspensions scare them because they don't get paid. I think they should work into their contracts varying levels of breaking the law takes various percentages of your gross earnings for the year. You can't put a fixed dollar amount on a violation, like the laughable fines they have now. If you tell someone that you will take 30% of their paycheck for a DUI, they should start to pay attention.

afchiefs
05-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Henry's agent says Henry did not fail 2nd drug test. 1st one was like a court ordered home test kit thing

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2877555

wilas101
05-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Henry's agent says Henry did not fail 2nd drug test. 1st one was like a court ordered home test kit thing

A home test kit?

Perhaps I'm just a bit naive but I have a hard time buying into that one.

Mile High Mania
05-21-2007, 12:34 PM
What else would you expect from an agent on the verge of having a client lose his gig...

ClevelandBronco
05-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Send Henry a pink slip and a one-way ticket to Canada.

ct
05-21-2007, 12:45 PM

The Whizzinator

stevieray
05-21-2007, 12:46 PM
It's unfortunate the buck of accountabilty has been passed down to the NFL...coupled with Tags ignoring the problem, it's rearing it's ugly head.