PDA

View Full Version : a great start to the week

wilas101
05-22-2007, 09:27 PM
This has been a great start to the week for my house so I have to share it.

Last night (monday) a 15 and under Babe Ruth team I coach had 3 pitchers combine to throw a no hitter. At the same time, my 13 y/o daughter was making her first ever start as a softball pitcher and threw a no-no of her own.

Then tonight my 10 y/o son allowed 2 hits in 3 innings with 8 strike outs. I ran a new pitcher in the next inning who struggled to find the plate and walked in 3 runs. Then as he's trying to work out of the trouble I hear the coach from the other team proceed to yell at his kids to just take pitches, knowing that they'd eventually draw the walk and the winning run would get forced in.

So it pissed me off a little. When I realized what was happening the tying run was at 3rd and my pitcher was down 3-0 to the hitter. I called time, walked out and asked my son if he had one more hitter in him and when he said yeah, I moved him back to the mound.

He ripped off 3 straight strikes, sat the kid down and preserved the win.

The best part was that he came into a messed up situation with the 3-0 count and dealt.

Definitely a great couple days here for sports. :)

Phobia
05-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Hey, congrats. My wife wants me to start coaching instead of participating. My knees agree with her.

Nzoner
05-22-2007, 09:35 PM
A no-no in girls softball?

Fast pitch or slow?

wilas101
05-22-2007, 09:43 PM
fast pitch

Rain Man
05-22-2007, 10:09 PM
Hey, congrats. My wife wants me to start coaching instead of participating. My knees agree with her.

Truthfully, you're a little old to be playing on a 15-and-under team anyway.