PDA

View Full Version : OH THE HUMANITY!!!

Fly O.T. McWall
05-23-2007, 08:23 AM
The video on this is absolutely tragic!!!

http://llnw.img.viacomlocalnetworks.com/images_sizedimage_143083530/lg

http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/local_story_143083344.html

Beer Spilled In Denver Train Derailment

Two BNSF train cars carrying beer and asphalt crashed into two other locomotives in central Denver early Wednesday morning, spilling the beverage and fuel in a rail yard near Interstate 25 and 38th Ave.

Authorities said no one was hurt in the incident which derailed a few of the tanker cars. The incident was contained to the rail yard and traffic in the area was not effected.

BNSF officials called Denver police about the accident at about 4:30 a.m., according to officers in Denver's communications room. Police and firefighters were told there was no hazard.

Firefighters sent a team to investigate but determined that a hazardous material crew wasn't needed at the scene.

Rail officials said the engineer on a switch engine lost control of the cars while trying to build a train. The tanker cars rolled down the track and hit two parked locomotives. One of the tanker cars was full of beer, the other was carrying asphalt. BNFS said the beer was headed out of state.

BNSF said crews will likely spend much of the day clearing the debris and assessing the damage.

L.A. Chieffan
05-23-2007, 08:25 AM
More evidence that Denver sucks.

Simplex3
05-23-2007, 08:33 AM
Authorities said no one was hurt in the incident...
Did they not read their own article? How can you say that a tanker of beer was spilled and no one was hurt?

Kerberos
05-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Did they not read their own article? How can you say that a tanker of beer was spilled and no one was hurt?

Kind of reminds me of Jack Handy.

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than to be selfish and worry about my liver."
--Jack Handey

Dartgod
05-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Because it was Coors Light.

Bugeater
05-23-2007, 09:09 AM
Because it was Coors Light.
It couldn't have been Coors Light because they said a HAZMAT team wasn't needed.

Dartgod
05-23-2007, 09:41 AM
It couldn't have been Coors Light because they said a HAZMAT team wasn't needed.
Good point.