PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else upset that we lost Tynes?

ChiefJustice
05-24-2007, 02:36 AM
After suffering years of bad kickers and short leg kickers,i kind of thought that Larry was our kicker for the near future.

Somewhere in the world,Sean Connery is crying. :deevee:

elvomito
05-24-2007, 02:40 AM
not a bit

KurtCobain
05-24-2007, 03:08 AM
no

Deberg_1990
05-24-2007, 03:16 AM
Nope...not at all.

Buns
05-24-2007, 03:29 AM
No he gave me the willies whenever we needed a FG or EP, similar to seeing Dee Brown in the backfield

big nasty kcnut
05-24-2007, 03:37 AM
Not really.

boogblaster
05-24-2007, 04:16 AM
He's better off in NY..plenty of geeks to beat-up....

Pushead2
05-24-2007, 05:50 AM
Forget him.

Pneuma
05-24-2007, 05:56 AM
I would have liked to keep him at least for mini camp for some competition. Giving Medlock the job to lose was a mistake IMO.

StcChief
05-24-2007, 06:55 AM
Hope he has great year in 2007 in NYG land...

and that "future" consideration to us is considerable. :thumb:

icepick64
05-24-2007, 06:57 AM
not really, he had a couple big kicks against the raiders, but did you see that kick in indy?

DeepSouth
05-24-2007, 07:01 AM
I would have liked to keep him at least for mini camp for some competition. Giving Medlock the job to lose was a mistake IMO.
Medlock kicks left footed. Tynes kicks right footed. Based on Herms comments yesterday, they did not want Colquitt having to hold from both the left side and the right side.

Eleazar
05-24-2007, 07:04 AM
No. He's like any kicker you can find on the street in the offseason.

Simply Red
05-24-2007, 07:08 AM
No, not a bit.

Buehler445
05-24-2007, 07:15 AM
Not really, I was cranky when they let Morton Anderson go. At the time he was cash money one extra points. Tynes missed a button of chippers, which was frustrating to watch. I am a little concerned though, because some say that the transition to the pro game is different. I can't remember why. I just remember Martin Gramatica was a stud at KSU, but struggled for awhile when he landed in the pros. Eventually got his poop in a group, but struggled nonetheless. Hopefully Medlock is better.

the Talking Can
05-24-2007, 07:16 AM
nein

siberian khatru
05-24-2007, 07:17 AM
Let me summon The Force and search my feelings.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ---

NO.

InChiefsHeaven
05-24-2007, 07:18 AM
Every time I thought of Tynes, I thought of that kicker from "The Replacements". All Lawrence needed was to walk out on the field with a cigarette to complete the image...

...heh. That said, good luck Larry. We hardly knew you.

crazycoffey
05-24-2007, 07:24 AM
not really, but only because we seem to have drafted an equal or better than tynes rookie.
Tynes was average, I didn't have a real big problem with him, now lets see how long the rookie last before everyone here starts to blast him.

bkkcoh
05-24-2007, 07:28 AM
not really, but only because we seem to have drafted an equal or better than tynes rookie.
Tynes was average, I didn't have a real big problem with him, now lets see how long the rookie last before everyone here starts to blast him.

My guess, the first missed FG, especially if it is with the game on the line...

crazycoffey
05-24-2007, 07:31 AM
My guess, the first missed FG, especially if it is with the game on the line...

Even if it's over 40?

how about those pesky, tricky 15-20 yarders, they can sneak up on you and mess with your eyes/depth perception.... [/Tynes impersonation]

DenverChief
05-24-2007, 07:32 AM
Didn't we sign a undrafted Kicker too?

Demonpenz
05-24-2007, 07:35 AM
I remember a guy at arrowhead that had a generic kicker in a noose for whenenver we missed a kick he would get on tv.

bkkcoh
05-24-2007, 07:37 AM
Even if it's over 40?

how about those pesky, tricky 15-20 yarders, they can sneak up on you and mess with your eyes/depth perception.... [/Tynes impersonation]

If the game is on the line, yes. and the tricky short ones, especially on those. :banghead:

HemiEd
05-24-2007, 07:44 AM
I liked him, but I am not upset. The kick against SD last year was great!

Has there ever been another team, that had both the punter and FG kicker, do it with the left foot?

Hey we are setting records again!

crazycoffey
05-24-2007, 07:45 AM
I liked him, but I am not upset. The kick against SD last year was great!

Has there ever been another team, that had both the punter and FG kicker, do it with the left foot?

Hey we are setting records again!

how about the come from behind loss at Dallas the year before, Dammit Tynes!!!!:cuss:

chasedude
05-24-2007, 07:47 AM

Good point, keeping him around would have made some competition for the job.

Other than that, no I'm not sad to see him go away. I do give him credit, he wasn't as bad as Lin Elliot missing 3 in a row on that Indy game.

Jordan
05-24-2007, 07:59 AM
Ya, I am sad we lost him.....

....I also miss Lin Elliott (sp?).

....and my ulcer.

HemiEd
05-24-2007, 08:13 AM
how about the come from behind loss at Dallas the year before, Dammit Tynes!!!!:cuss:

I forgot about that one, a self defense mechanism I have devloped over the years. He had a lot of help from the officials, losing that game.

htismaqe
05-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Medlock kicks left footed. Tynes kicks right footed. Based on Herms comments yesterday, they did not want Colquitt having to hold from both the left side and the right side.

Medlock said in a radio interview a few weeks ago that it would take Colquitt time and much practice to get used to it...

Direckshun
05-24-2007, 08:20 AM
We traded Tynes a month after we drafted Medlock.

They've already been competing for the job. You don't need minicamp at this point.

Tynes would have zero value after the minicamp anyways. Chiefs made a good move because there aren't a lot of kickers in the league that are worth picks, and honestly I don't think Tynes was one of them.

Buehler445
05-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Does anyone know why the Giants released Feeley? I thought he was a better kicker than Tynes, but haven't had too much exposure to him.

Easy 6
05-24-2007, 08:25 AM
Yeah, it sucks to see Tynes go, but its as much for personal reasons as anything...its hard not to like a kicker who can whip some ass.

I can only guess that Medlock really wowed'em at mini-camp, so i suppose i'll be able to sleep at night.

Brock
05-24-2007, 08:36 AM
I'm upset that he wasn't launched to New York from a cannon.

Frazod
05-24-2007, 08:37 AM
Ya, I am sad we lost him.....

....I also miss the kicker that shall go unamed (sp?).

....and my ulcer.

....and my ex-wife

....and the clap

keg in kc
05-24-2007, 08:38 AM
I'm so upset that I could barely sleep eight-and-a-half hours last night.

crazycoffey
05-24-2007, 08:41 AM
....and my ex-wife

....and the clap

well, we know why she's your ex, you cheatin bastard! :cuss:

haha:p

King_Chief_Fan
05-24-2007, 08:43 AM
After suffering years of bad kickers and short leg kickers,i kind of thought that Larry was our kicker for the near future.

Somewhere in the world,Sean Connery is crying. :deevee:

We shouldn't miss a kicker that is averge. If he had performed better, he would still be a Chief. I am concerned that in Herm's own statements that he is trying to provide competition, yet, determines that a kicker taken in the 5th round is now the heir apparent will little indication that he had to compete for it.

crazycoffey
05-24-2007, 08:47 AM
We shouldn't miss a kicker that is averge. If he had performed better, he would still be a Chief. I am concerned that in Herm's own statements that he is trying to provide competition, yet, determines that a kicker taken in the 5th round is now the heir apparent will little indication that he had to compete for it.

The reasoning addressed on this is the holding position for Dustin, switch holding for a right foot (Tynes) and a left foot (medlock). Could be dangerous to mess with that more than needed.

Plus if Medlock had struggled during rookie camp, they would find a way to keep Tynes until they were sure Medlock was ready, later this year or next even. I guess they saw something to make the decision now and get it over with plus a draft pick.....

The competition is over, at the kicking postion, next!

keg in kc
05-24-2007, 08:49 AM
The competition at kicker took place in the fall of 2006 and ended on April 28th. You don't draft Medlock (who according to Tynes in an interview the day he was traded "was rated much higher than the 5th round by the team"(paraphrased)) if you don't expect him to kick for you in September.

Trading Tynes now means we recoup something for him that we wouldn't have otherwise. It's a smart move.

JimNasium
05-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Two words for Larry, buh-bye.

suds79
05-24-2007, 09:00 AM
Won't miss him one bit. :shake:

It's not like he was an all pro

kepp
05-24-2007, 09:00 AM
The competition at kicker took place in the fall of 2006 and ended on April 28th. You don't draft Medlock (who according to Tynes in an interview the day he was traded "was rated much higher than the 5th round by the team"(paraphrased)) if you don't expect him to kick for you in September.

Trading Tynes now means we recoup something for him that we wouldn't have otherwise. It's a smart move.
Agreed. I'm happy to get anything for him and happy that we're loading up on draft picks for next year - Sims, Tynes, Green (cross fingers).

Bowser
05-24-2007, 09:24 AM
Can't say that I am.

Bowser
05-24-2007, 09:24 AM
Just had a vision of GoChiefs furiously neg repping everyone in this thread.....

:)

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-24-2007, 09:26 AM
He wasn't even wiry.

Reerun_KC
05-24-2007, 09:28 AM
bye bye tynes....

Kickers who can miss chip shots are a dime a dozen, I am sure we will repalce him just as easy.

RedThat
05-24-2007, 09:29 AM
I wasn't a big Tynes fan myself.

Am I upset that he is gone? Not really.

But, I think Herm contradicted himself when he said there would be competition open at every position?

If Herm said, that he is TRYING to create competition at camp, then why trade Tynes? Why release Barrett? Why say Medlock is going to be your number one kicker? What happen to COMPETITION Herm?

If Herm is going to say certain things, why not backup?

The Rick
05-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Every time I thought of Tynes, I thought of that kicker from "The Replacements". All Lawrence needed was to walk out on the field with a cigarette to complete the image...

...heh. That said, good luck Larry. We hardly knew you.
HA! Me too!

OLEEEEEE, OLE OLE OLE!

Bob Dole
05-24-2007, 09:38 AM

But, I think Herm contradicted himself when he said there would be competition open at every position?

If Herm said, that he is TRYING to create competition at camp, then why trade Tynes? Why release Barrett? Why say Medlock is going to be your number one kicker? What happen to COMPETITION Herm?

If Herm is going to say certain things, why not backup?

Did you read any of the replies to the first 3 people who asked that question?

Phobia
05-24-2007, 09:43 AM

Yeah, there's not nearly enough scrubs on hand in camp who can hold a ball while it's being kicked. I think everybody saw the writing on the wall the day Medlock was drafted.

RedThat
05-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Did you read any of the replies to the first 3 people who asked that question?

which question are you talking about?

KCFalcon59
05-24-2007, 09:59 AM
Don't miss him at all.

He's gone because he was 14/24 58% from 40-49 yds. That sucks. Now if he was 75-80% we might not of drafted Medlock IMO.

crazycoffey
05-24-2007, 10:09 AM
which question are you talking about?

uh, these;

I would have liked to keep him at least for mini camp for some competition. Giving Medlock the job to lose was a mistake IMO. post #9Medlock kicks left footed. Tynes kicks right footed. Based on Herms comments yesterday, they did not want Colquitt having to hold from both the left side and the right side.Post # 12, responding to Post #9

Good point, keeping him around would have made some competition for the job.

Other than that, no I'm not sad to see him go away. I do give him credit, he wasn't as bad as Lin Elliot missing 3 in a row on that Indy game. Post #27 also responded to post #9

Medlock said in a radio interview a few weeks ago that it would take Colquitt time and much practice to get used to it...Post #30, responding to post # 12

We shouldn't miss a kicker that is averge. If he had performed better, he would still be a Chief. I am concerned that in Herm's own statements that he is trying to provide competition, yet, determines that a kicker taken in the 5th round is now the heir apparent will little indication that he had to compete for it.Post #38

The reasoning addressed on this is the holding position for Dustin, switch holding for a right foot (Tynes) and a left foot (medlock). Could be dangerous to mess with that more than needed.

Plus if Medlock had struggled during rookie camp, they would find a way to keep Tynes until they were sure Medlock was ready, later this year or next even. I guess they saw something to make the decision now and get it over with plus a draft pick.....

The competition is over, at the kicking postion, next!Post #39 responding to post 38

If Herm is going to say certain things, why not backup?You at post #48. Does this answer your question to Bob Dole?

htismaqe
05-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Yeah, there's not nearly enough scrubs on hand in camp who can hold a ball while it's being kicked. I think everybody saw the writing on the wall the day Medlock was drafted.

How would having scrubs hold for Medlock help COLQUITT?

alpha_omega
05-24-2007, 10:20 AM
I am fine with it.
He was not what i would term a "spectacular" kicker.

Valiant
05-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Don't worry we still have a shot at him, he is only bringing in competition at the Giants, nothing is guaranteed for him there...

DeezNutz
05-24-2007, 11:53 AM
How would having scrubs hold for Medlock help COLQUITT?

Scrubs hold for Tynes, and Colquitt holds for Medlock. Then make a relatively quick decision if UCLA isn't the answer. :shrug: