PDA

View Full Version : Rank NFL Stadiums You've Visited

Direckshun
05-26-2007, 04:31 PM
I've been visiting a few other teams' boards today and this topic is up at a couple places. It's an interesting poll and every time a fan has been to Arrowhead, it ranks up in the top 2 of that person's list (only stadium I saw consistently beating out Arrowhead was Lambeau).

So list the ones you've been to, and rank 'em.

I've only been to Arrowhead and Edward Jones.

Arrowhead's obviously the better of the two, but the fact that Jones is a dome prevents the sound from escaping, making even nominal crowd noise pretty stinkin' loud. The crowd wants St. Louis to win but it lacks an intensity -- and the crowd doesn't look like the ocean of color that Arrowhead does, it's just people in streetclothes.

Who here can put me to shame?

chagrin
05-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Sadly I have only been to 2 stadiums.

Arrowhead, can't beat the view but the bathrooms are teh sux

Superdome - pre Katrina, it's very user friendly but nothing "exciting"

Direckshun
05-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Superdome - pre Katrina, it's very user friendly but nothing "exciting"
I bet post-Katrina it's taken a bound or two forward.

kcxiv
05-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Been to 3, San Diego, but when the baseball team was there. old Jack Murphy. Candlestick, and Oakland.

Oh yeah, I went to Mile High when i was a kid. My aunt lives there, was no game at the time, but i seen it.

OnTheWarpath15
05-26-2007, 04:38 PM
If we're talking about JUST the stadium, then the Cardinals new place in Glendale is far and away tops.

So, considering sightlines, amenities, etc, I'd go:

Arizona
Arrowhead
Chicago (before they turned it into a spaceship)
Indianapolis
St Louis
San Francisco

Considering the ENTIRE package, gameday experience, crowds etc:

Arrowhead
Chicago
San Francisco
Arizona
Indianapolis
St Louis

As far as places I'd like to see a game:

Quest Field, Seattle

Lambeau

The Cowboys new barn once it's built

Joie
05-26-2007, 04:39 PM
I've only been to Arrowhead.

But before I was a Chiefs fan, I came to KC with a high school friend. I made her drive as close to Arrowhead as we could so I could see it. It would be years before I would get to go to the game that changed me to a Chiefs fan....I should have known....

pikesome
05-26-2007, 04:41 PM
I've only been to Jack Murphy (I'm not about to call it Qualcomm) and Arrowhead. What made Arrowhead good is what made Jack Murphy bad, the fans. It was the year before San Diego started getting good but the SD fans were classless, effeminate drunks for the game I saw. My brother had ponied up for club level seats and we watched in our Red & Gold. A couple of rows back some jerk off shouted "I can't believe you paid 200 bucks to see the Chiefs". To which I replied "I can't believe you paid 200 bucks to see the Chargers". Towards the end though we did meet a couple of fans who were drunk enough not to be PITAs. SD had suffered quite a few years of laughingstock so I'm willing to cut them a bit of slack but, overall, it sucked.

CoMoChief
05-26-2007, 04:42 PM
KC
GB
CHI
PHI

Delano
05-26-2007, 04:42 PM
1. Arrowhead - I am not sure anything can top the complete package that arrowhead offers.

2. H.H.H. Metrodome - sucked. They had the speakers up to a level that made my ears bleed. The Vikings fans were nice, however.

OnTheWarpath15
05-26-2007, 04:43 PM
KC
GB
CHI
PHI

Philly at the bottom of the list. Never would have guessed.....

;)

Marlboro_Chief
05-26-2007, 04:44 PM
1. Kansas City Municipal
2. Arrowhead
3. Sportsman's Park
4. Busch Stadium
5. Houston Astrodome
6. Tulane Stadium
7. Metropolitan Stadium
8. Liberty Bowl
9. Husky Stadium
10. Cotton Bowl

Nzoner
05-26-2007, 04:45 PM
For the full gameday experience of the ones I've been to

Arrowhead
Old Mile High
Riverfront(old bengals)
Superdome
Jack Murphy(old chargers)
Edward Jones Dome
Cowboys

Metrodome(focking joke,what a dump and I've been to 4 games there)

Nzoner
05-26-2007, 04:48 PM
2. H.H.H. Metrodome - sucked. They had the speakers up to a level that made my ears bleed. The Vikings fans were nice, however.

I hate that focking place,it was the only stadium I've been to where I came within inches of coming to blows with a jerk-off fan.

Delano
05-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Metrodome(focking joke,what a dump and I've been to 4 games there)

Yeah, if you thought seeing a football game there was bad, try baseball. Nothing like seeing a baseball donk off a speaker and change path.

Delano
05-26-2007, 04:52 PM
I hate that focking place,it was the only stadium I've been to where I came within inches of coming to blows with a jerk-off fan.

I have to admit that the fans were nice to me in my Chiefs regalia and even laughed off my three hours of drunken insults and harrassment. They could have really hauled off on me, seeing that was the game the Chiefs lost by 25+ a few years ago.

Buck
05-26-2007, 04:55 PM
-1.) Jack Murphy / Qualcomm - The stadium sucks balls. We need a new stadium, but we have too many douchey environmentalists who have to sue every time a stadium goes up in California, stopping all progress in building stadiums (Petco Park was to be opened by 2002, didnt open til 2004).

I havent been to any other Football stadiums.

I've been to AT&T Park in San Fran though, its real nice.

Nzoner
05-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Yeah, if you thought seeing a football game there was bad, try baseball. Nothing like seeing a baseball donk off a speaker and change path.

Been there done that as well,I lived in Coon Rapids for 1 winter and my ass headed back to MO

convict1983
05-26-2007, 05:28 PM
I have been to them all except for Green Bay. Ill rank em later.

Demonpenz
05-26-2007, 05:29 PM
i loved the old mile high. great fans

Tribal Warfare
05-26-2007, 05:57 PM
I've been visiting a few other teams' boards today and this topic is up at a couple places. It's an interesting poll and every time a fan has been to Arrowhead, it ranks up in the top 2 of that person's list (only stadium I saw consistently beating out Arrowhead was Lambeau).

I've been to both venues, and Arrowhead blasts Lambeau's fan intensity/loudness out of the water.

bkkcoh
05-26-2007, 06:12 PM
1 Arrowhead (Without a doubt)
2 Soldier Field
3. Buffalo
4 Cleveland
5 Cincy (Paul Brown Stadium)
6. Cincy (RiverFront Stadium)
7. Indy (RCA Dome)

RealSNR
05-26-2007, 06:26 PM
I've only been to three stadiums, and two of them I know for sure are the worst in the NFL

1. Kansas City (The only stadium I've been to that's not a POS)
31. HHH Metrodome
32. Oakland Colisseum :Lin:

PunkinDrublic
05-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Arrowhead- Greatest venue in sports

Texas toilet bowl er stadium- It was fun talking shit to Cowgirl fans the stadium is a dump though.

Qualcom- I actually liked the stadium. I'm sure all three Charger fans were really psyched for the game. Just like most games in S.D the opposing teams fans take over the stadium.

Mojo Rising
05-26-2007, 06:32 PM
1. Arrowhead - Has it all. Fans, sight lines, bbq. Needs better big screens to compete with the new stadiums. The wider concourses are on their way.

The next 3 are almost interchangeable.

2. Oakland - The Club Level is very nice. I wore Chiefs gear on my first visit and then decided it wasn't worth the hassle. The feature that Oakland has that can not be matched is Bart. I walk out my front door and in 5 minutes I am at the Bart station. 25 minutes later I am at the entrance to the stadium. This is very nice after drinking beer for 4 hours.

3. SD - We used to own that stadium. It was commonly referred to as Arrowhead West as there were more Chief fans than Chargers. Terrible parking. Quirky seating. Some of the younger fans get out of control but that is common at NFL games.

4. Candlestick Park - This stadium is horrible. On one side of the stadium the seats are set so they face the old baseball field. Hence, they are cocked at a 20 degree angle off the sideline. The parking lot is a mud pit. There are 2 roads in/out. It is located in the equivalent 9th and Quindaro. We asked a cop where we should go to find a cab outside of the stadium after we missed our bus. He told us not to walk out of the stadium parking lot. He said people who do are called one thing. Victims.

Frazod
05-26-2007, 07:23 PM
I've been to Arrowhead, old and new Soldier Field, and Lambeau.

Lambeau is a cramped pit. Bench seats with 50,000 fatass cheeseheads in 10 layers of clothes packed in like sardines. I would never watch another game there.

Old Soldier Field was cool, but most of the seats were in the endzones. The remodeled stadium is an abomination to behold from the outside. On the inside it's nice and obviously modern, but the design is completely chaotic and lacks any kind of symmetry. And Bears fans are NOT smart about when to make noise and not make noise. At all.

Arrowhead blows them all away.

UteChief
05-26-2007, 07:53 PM
I've been to Qwest Field. The year it opened to see the Seahawks play the Chiefs. I was amazed at the ticket prices I think it was $75 a ticket for the fourth row on the 45 yard line just behind the Chiefs bench. The stadium was great. I had some weird looks from the Seahawks fans because I was chearing for both teams. If I remember correctly there was over 1000 yards of total offense in the game. But unfortunately the Chiefs lost.

Hammock Parties
05-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Texas Stadium - dump
Reliant Stadium - very nice, but it felt like it took me three hours to get to my seat.
Arrowhead - awesome in every respect. :D

mdstu
05-26-2007, 08:28 PM
1. Arrowhead
2. Kingdome

Amazingly Seattle really supported the Hawks, early 90's.

Sidenote- got kicked out of the Dome at a Mariners game for being extremely wasted.

JohninGpt
05-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Easiest question I've had all day.

1. Arrowhead

Delano
05-26-2007, 08:56 PM
I've only been to three stadiums, and two of them I know for sure are the worst in the NFL

1. Kansas City (The only stadium I've been to that's not a POS)
31. HHH Metrodome
32. Oakland Colisseum :Lin:

I've seen the plans for the new baseball park in Minneapolis but I don't know anything about a new football stadium. I have heard ol' Ziggy wants to build a mega center that will include a new stadium, but nothing specific. I hope that the next time I see the Chiefs play the Vikings in MN, it's in the Viking's new digs.

Skip Towne
05-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Yeah, sure.

DJay23
05-26-2007, 10:00 PM
I've been to 3 but at only one was there a football game going on.

1)Arrowhead, obviously

2) Ralph Wison Stadium. Was there for a concert. Seemed like a nice place to see a football game.

3) Mile High for the Colorado Rockies first ever home game. Record crowd for an MLB game. The stadium was a dump, and that was somehow comforting to me.

Logical
05-26-2007, 10:14 PM

That is pretty impressive, you must travel a lot.

Logical
05-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Arrowhead is the best for gameday experience, but I think the new Dallas Cowboy stadium will put Arrowhead to shame for the actual stadium from what I have seen.

Hammock Parties
05-26-2007, 10:25 PM
The new Cowboys stadium just looks too big to me. I like Arrowhead because it's simplicity is part of it's perfection.

shyguyms
05-26-2007, 10:29 PM
my top places the i have been to see a game.

Arrowead by far
Ravens stadium
the new Redskins stadium
Pittsburgh Heinz Field
Three Rivers Stadium
The New Browns Stadium (The worst newer stadium)
RFK Washington

DJay23
05-26-2007, 10:33 PM
my top places the i have been to see a game.

Arrowead by far
Ravens stadium
the new Redskins stadium
Pittsburgh Heinz Field
Three Rivers Stadium
The New Browns Stadium (The worst newer stadium)
RFK Washington
Well shit. That reminds me, I went to Heinz field for the Chiefs game last year. Yeah, it seems my efforts to block that abortion of a game from my memory have worked!

As for the stadium, meh. It was ok. Didn't seem to be very fan friendly. Bare-bones if you will, and Steelers fans are insufferable, unrealistic, big-headed, morons.

Direckshun
05-26-2007, 10:41 PM
and Steelers fans are insufferable, unrealistic, big-headed, morons.
Oh MAN. LOL

If you have any stories, please tell.

Phobia
05-26-2007, 10:50 PM
Though gameday experience at Arrowhead is spectacular, Reliant stadium is just an incredible facility.

1. Reliant
2. Arrowhead
3. These 3 hell-holes are so incredibly bad they tied for last on the list of NFL stadiums I've visited:
Texas Stadium
Astrodome
Superdome

Marlboro_Chief
05-26-2007, 11:59 PM
3. These 3 hell-holes are so incredibly bad they tied for last on the list of NFL stadiums I've visited:
Texas Stadium

What makes Texas Stadium so bad? It was the state-of-art football stadium when it opened in 1971.

Hammock Parties
05-27-2007, 12:00 AM
It looks like ass...it's rundown....just shitty. In need of repair...and in reality, demolishment.

Marlboro_Chief
05-27-2007, 12:01 AM
It looks like ass...it's rundown....just shitty. In need of repair...and in reality, demolishment.

It was classy enough of a place for your lady Carrie Underwood to spend four hours in a suite!

Prince22
05-27-2007, 12:03 AM
Titans
Colts
Bungles

I really like the Titans stadium. Great view from any seat.

Hammock Parties
05-27-2007, 12:07 AM
It was classy enough of a place for your lady Carrie Underwood to spend four hours in a suite!

That doesn't change the fact that it's a dump.

Marlboro_Chief
05-27-2007, 12:16 AM
That doesn't change the fact that it's a dump.

BULLSHIT! You would **** Carrie Underwood in one of the mens bathroom stalls if need be and you would ****in love it.

Phobia
05-27-2007, 12:21 AM
What makes Texas Stadium so bad? It was the state-of-art football stadium when it opened in 1971.
Age, worn down, drab, cowboy fans, no tailgating.

el borracho
05-27-2007, 12:29 AM
1. Arrowhead
2. Invesco Field at Mile High
3. Bank of America Stadium
4. Jack Murphy/ Qualcom/ Arrowhead West
5. Giants Stadium
6. L.A. Colloseum

Hammock Parties
05-27-2007, 12:31 AM
BULLSHIT! You would **** Carrie Underwood in one of the mens bathroom stalls if need be and you would ****in love it.

I'd **** Carrie Underwood in a sewer.

el borracho
05-27-2007, 12:51 AM
I'd **** Carrie Underwood in a sewer.
Be careful- I think that may actually be illegal in some states.

Hammock Parties
05-27-2007, 12:53 AM
Be careful- I think that may actually be illegal in some states.

It would only heighten the experience.

el borracho
05-27-2007, 12:55 AM
Who are/ were your other celebrity crushes?

ChiefsCountry
05-27-2007, 12:57 AM

No offense but you have to be gay not to. :)

50 yard line on the star, would be amazing.

Hammock Parties
05-27-2007, 12:58 AM
Who are/ were your other celebrity crushes?

Never really had one.

jAZ
05-27-2007, 12:59 AM
Arrowhead
Jack Murphy
Sun Devil

el borracho
05-27-2007, 01:01 AM
You are in your mid-20s and Carrie is your first celebrity crush? That seems a bit odd.

Hammock Parties
05-27-2007, 01:03 AM
You are in your mid-20s and Carrie is your first celebrity crush? That seems a bit odd.

I wasn't really exposed to popular culture growing up.

el borracho
05-27-2007, 01:08 AM
No? What occupied your time?

Hammock Parties
05-27-2007, 01:11 AM
Non-popular culture. When I was 10 years old my favorite shows were "Thunderbirds," "The Time Tunnel," and "The Lone Ranger."

el borracho
05-27-2007, 01:14 AM
I am not familiar with "Thunderbirds" nor "The Time Tunnel". Are those television programs?

What about music and feature films? No one struck your fancy?

Hammock Parties
05-27-2007, 01:18 AM
I am not familiar with "Thunderbirds" nor "The Time Tunnel". Are those television programs?

They were popular serials - IN THE 1960S.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2789/thunderbirdsyj0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1081/tt1rd0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Stargate is kind of a ripoff of Time Tunnel now that I think about it.

What about music and feature films? No one struck your fancy?

No. When I was junior high I listened to freaking OLDIES. And sportstalk radio.

Spott
05-27-2007, 06:25 AM
Arrowhead
Raymond James Stadium
Alltel Stadium
Sun Devil Stadium

RP_McMurphy
05-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Arrowhead- Found it cramped and stuck in the 70's. Really needs the upgrade

Old Foxboro- What a utter shithole from the stadium to the fans.

Altell Stadium- Best of the lot I have been too.

Stewie
05-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Besides Arrowhead, I've watched NFL games in Dallas, Pittburgh (3 Rivers), and Seattle (Kingdome). It's a good thing those are all gone or are soon to be gone. Dallas was a major disappointment/dump.

pikesome
05-27-2007, 10:08 AM
No. When I was junior high I listened to freaking OLDIES. And sportstalk radio.

That's not a bad thing, my first "favorite" band was Buddy Holly. I still bust the tape I have of his greatest hits every so often. Oldies aren't bad just old. For music that's not a negative.