PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I should officially announce I'm eating crow re: DT Kris Jenkins

Direckshun
05-26-2007, 10:12 PM
I wanted Carl to acquire this guy, especially in a trade for Dante Hall which sounded fair.

But the guy has reported shown up 50 pounds overweight to minicamp this year, at a whopping 384 lbs.

Glad I was wrong about that guy, and I'm glad Carl dumped the deal when he realized he'd have to give up a high pick to get him.

unothadeal
05-26-2007, 10:18 PM
The first step is admitting it. I too wanted him, although I don't think I shared that on the board. So I'll eat just a side order of crow

Mr. Flopnuts
05-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Can I get mine Broiled?

Hammock Parties
05-26-2007, 10:22 PM
I was right.

chagrin
05-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Wasn't this reported weeks ago, that he was too heavy?

However I still wonder though, his stats were just as good after injury, and people like Sam Adams and a few other hugely fat guys are still pluggin holes in spite of low tackle stats.

Direckshun
05-26-2007, 10:44 PM
If Jenkins has bloated up this much, he's downgraded himself from imposing DT to mere big fat run-stuffer.

And on this cover 2 defense, there really isn't room on our team for more than one big fat guy who basically sits there and stops the run, and we already have a pretty darn good one in Boone.

If we wanted another one, we could have acquired another one for much cheaper than what we would have paid for Jenkins.

chagrin
05-26-2007, 10:47 PM
If Jenkins has bloated up this much, he's downgraded himself from imposing DT to mere big fat run-stuffer.

And on this cover 2 defense, there really isn't room on our team for more than one big fat guy who basically sits there and stops the run, and we already have a pretty darn good one in Boone.

If we wanted another one, we could have acquired another one for much cheaper than what we would have paid for Jenkins.

Granted, I didn't mean at all that we should give up a bunch for him, but my point remains that there are several big overly fat, fat guys out there that are good athletes and plug holes. Why don't we wait to see how he plays this year to say how worthless he is or isn't. And I still am not sold on Boone the backup. My guess is he slims up enough because he's not stupid and knows he has to play, but that's just me.

Direckshun
05-26-2007, 10:48 PM
50 pounds between now and September. Think it's possible?

chagrin
05-26-2007, 10:50 PM
Man, I can see you're all over this, but I have to disagree, we keep signing bodies just to make the roster and appease fans, draft back up DE's and try to convert them to DT, we aren't actually moving forward.

Who says 50 pounds is exactly what he needs to lose, you? Okay well look at all the other perfectly good fat guys playing DT in the NFL who are solid at the position. That's all I'm saying, I didn't intend to get on a long debate, we disagree and that's fine. He's not even playing for us so it really doesn't bother me that much.

unothadeal
05-26-2007, 10:54 PM
Who says 50 pounds is exactly what he needs to lose, you? Okay well look at all the other perfectly good fat guys playing DT in the NFL who are solid at the position.
My guess is it isn't 50 pounds of muscle he put on. 50 pounds is a lot of extra weight to play with when you're not used to it, especially in the NFL

chagrin
05-26-2007, 10:56 PM
My guess is it isn't 50 pounds of muscle he put on. 50 pounds is a lot of extra weight to play with when you're not used to it, especially in the NFL

tell me more Mr. Science :p

RealSNR
05-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Man, I can see you're all over this, but I have to disagree, we keep signing bodies just to make the roster and appease fans, draft back up DE's and try to convert them to DT, we aren't actually moving forward.

Who says 50 pounds is exactly what he needs to lose, you? Okay well look at all the other perfectly good fat guys playing DT in the NFL who are solid at the position.We'll see how this year goes. On paper, it's a very solid unit that will be very adequate. Not the best, but will get the job done 90%+ of the time.

All I know is that the past 6 years or so had me drooling at the thought of McGlockton and Williams during their better years. And that's never a good thing.

unothadeal
05-26-2007, 11:03 PM
tell me more Mr. Science :p
Okay. Let's say I have 330 apples on my bicycle. And the weight of each apple is one pound. I'm traveling at a speed of, oh, 3 miles per hour. Now if I add 50 more apples, I increase the weight of my bicycle by 50 pounds. Since the amount of weight on my bike is heavier than before, I am now moving at a slower speed.

Direckshun
05-27-2007, 01:48 AM
It's getting damp in here.

shrek6849
05-27-2007, 02:06 AM
I was right.

Quinn really is going to Oakland?

htismaqe
05-27-2007, 06:10 AM

Who says 50 pounds is exactly what he needs to lose, you? Okay well look at all the other perfectly good fat guys playing DT in the NFL who are solid at the position. That's all I'm saying, I didn't intend to get on a long debate, we disagree and that's fine. He's not even playing for us so it really doesn't bother me that much.

There will be another crow thread just for you when the "back up DE" we drafted proves you wrong...

:D

Mr. Laz
05-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Panthers | Jenkins off the market?
Sat, 26 May 2007 20:39:41 -0700

Darin Gantt, of the Rock Hill Herald, reports Carolina Panthers DT Kris Jenkins has been pulled off the market. Agent Drew Rosenhaus told the Charlotte Observer last week that he heard the Panthers were still shopping Jenkins. The team would have taken a first-round pick in this year's draft for Jenkins, but those offers never materialized.

Bowser
05-27-2007, 10:27 AM
I tried to tell Direckshun that we shouldn't take a flyer on Jenkins.

Direckshun
05-30-2007, 12:40 PM
Forgive me for bumping this, but I've got a thing for the road not traveled.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6866640?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

Not only did Jenkins forfeit $175,000 by failing to report for voluntary workout, he's missed the first day of OTAs, the only starter to do so.