PDA

View Full Version : #1 problem with Cavs: LeBron at PG

Direckshun
05-27-2007, 08:08 PM
That team needs a PG.

LeBron should only be concerned with getting his team going by getting the ball. He should be posting up (like Rasheed) or running through screens (like Hamilton) or receiving the ball one-on-one on the wings (like Dwayne Wade). He'd be scoring over 30 a game and getting a handful of assists and far more offensive rebounds.

But he can't do any of that most of the time because he has to run the entire stinking offense.

I'm not a fan of "point forwards" unless they're smaller, agile guys who don't carry the brunt of the scoring load (like Scottie Pippen, who in my opinion was the ideal point forward).

Get Cleveland a serious PG who can hold his own on the court, and LeBron's the most dangerous offensive threat in the league, hands down.

Game tied, 55 all, 5 minutes left in the third.

JBucc
05-27-2007, 08:15 PM
What happend to Eric Snow? Is he still on the Cavs/in the league/alive?

Direckshun
05-27-2007, 08:19 PM
I don't really know. He played a little in Game 1, and disappeared completely in Game 2. Stats show that he played one minute.

Doesn't matter anyway. Snow is a decent player but it's obvious the Cavs only trust one pair of hands to run the offense when the games get big.

It might help move their offense better but it limits LeBron. I think you get a good PG, and you're set. This team challenges the Pistons in a 7 game series and can consistently beat them.

the Talking Can
05-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Lebron's problem is that his teammates suck...

Direckshun
05-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Cleveland holds on.

I can't see them winning this series, though, and I definitely can't see the Pistons winning the Finals if they have to face the Spurs.

Webber has been powerless to do anything against the big Cleveland front. And if he thinks that's nasty, wait until he faces Tim Duncan.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Eric Snow is terrible.

The Cavs continue to be in trouble long term b/c Hughes' contract is gobbling up their cap and they are drafting in a poor position.

Direckshun
05-27-2007, 09:31 PM
LeBron tonight:

32 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists.

Guy was a maniac tonight.

Cavs are undefeated this postseason when LeBron scores at least 21.

Direckshun
05-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Daniel Gibson is the rookie PG the Cavs drafted this year, and he hasn't really been brought out until this series, because Billups devoured Snow all season.

Gibson didn't do a lot, but he did enough. Scored 9 points in about 30 minutes, got some penetration, and hit that huge three at the end of the game off LeBron's drive. It wasn't enough to be promising, but it's really little things like that that could even this series up.

It's obvious, though, the only player on the court who can make the Cavs win anymore this year is LeBron. When he goes 21 or more, they win. When he doesn't, they lose. That's not going to get them to the Finals this year, and it's not going to get them the title. You need other guys to step up.

sedated
05-27-2007, 09:46 PM
LeBron at PG

I thought he was a forward.

They did make the conference finals, afterall. and still have a young team

Pitt Gorilla
05-27-2007, 10:02 PM
If Boozer hadn't been a complete douche, Cleveland would have an incredible inside/outside game. Once Booze ditched Cleveland, they were forced to quickly trade for Drew Gooden, who is just about terrible. Bron at point isn't the best, but it's not Cleveland's biggest problem.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Drew Gooden was the greatest piece of evidence you could point to when claiming that Jerry West has completely lost his touch.

#4 overall for that sack of shit is ROFL

Look at this list though

Jay Williams, Mike Dunleavy, Gooden, Tskitishvili, Dajuan Wagner,

Picks 2-6. Williams, Tskit, and Wagner aren't even in the League anymore, and Dunleavy and Gooden are mediocre role players.

The next four picks were Wilcox, Nene Hilario, Amare, and Caron Butler.

Nice work GMs

ROFL

KevB
05-27-2007, 11:30 PM
Drew Gooden was the greatest piece of evidence you could point to when claiming that Jerry West has completely lost his touch.

#4 overall for that sack of shit is ROFL

Look at this list though

Jay Williams, Mike Dunleavy, Gooden, Tskitishvili, Dajuan Wagner,

Picks 2-6. Williams, Tskit, and Wagner aren't even in the League anymore, and Dunleavy and Gooden are mediocre role players.

The next four picks were Wilcox, Nene Hilario, Amare, and Caron Butler.

Nice work GMs

ROFL

Jerry West did make the best of it though, getting Mike Miller in return for Gooden. Not a bad return all things considered. He has not had a great run while in Memphis. A couple of competitive teams, but he was never able to find that superstar to get the team over the top.

Phobia
05-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Does everybody know who Eric Snow is related to?

kcxiv
05-27-2007, 11:35 PM
Lebron is a small forward, but he has to run the point alot becuase well, he's in the same boat as Kobe, his teammates suck.

ChiefsCountry
05-27-2007, 11:37 PM
Does everybody know who Eric Snow is related to?

Percy Snow

ChiefsCountry
05-27-2007, 11:38 PM
Cleveland Cavs = 1988-89 Chicago Bulls. still missing a few pieces for the title run.

Phobia
05-27-2007, 11:38 PM
Percy Snow

Yeah, that's an easy one.

KurtCobain
05-28-2007, 12:16 AM
Cleveland Cavs = 1988-89 Chicago Bulls. still missing a few pieces for the title run.

My ass. They're just sitting ducks waiting for Lebron to leave them and go be a bust in another town.

banyon
05-28-2007, 08:33 AM
They weren't any better when they had Jeff Mcinnis at the PG. They need a good SF/PF/SG to help Lebron with the scoring load.

teedubya
05-28-2007, 08:56 AM
Gooden should have stayed at KU one more year, and we could have beaten Syracuse and 'Melo for the title in 2003. Instead, he decided to go stink up the NBA.

the Talking Can
05-28-2007, 08:59 AM
Cavs need another scorer plus a shooter or two...and they need to lose Ilgawkus and pick up the pace...making Lebron play this way is criminal

Gooden could go too...basically a new team

imagine Lebron playing with Dwight Howard...

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-28-2007, 11:00 AM
They weren't any better when they had Jeff Mcinnis at the PG. They need a good SF/PF/SG to help Lebron with the scoring load.

They already tried that with Larry Hughes, but he's been a disappointment for them, and they can't afford anyone but a mid-level exception FA, because their cap situation is shit for the next several years.

TRR
05-28-2007, 12:29 PM
I don't think the Cavs struggles have anything to do with LeBron playing the PG position. You want the ball in your best players hands, and LeBron is it for the Cavs. Even if they had a solid PG, all he would do is get it over half court, and then LeBron would demand the ball.

LJ needs some help more than anything. It is amazing to think he has gotten them this far.

Tribal Warfare
05-28-2007, 06:31 PM
go be a bust in another town.

:spock:

Pitt Gorilla
05-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Daniel Gibson.

Smed1065
05-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Heckava game by him!

Direckshun
05-29-2007, 10:14 PM
I can't decide if the Cavs are any good.

BWillie
05-30-2007, 12:38 AM
Daniel Gibson.

I can't decide if Gibson is the answer or not, but I'd venture to say probably not. He doesn't appear to be a very good distributer of the ball yet, but then again he's only 21 and had a decent rookie year.

I don't understand what the deal is with all the hate towards Drew Gooden. He's not a bad player at all. He's a formidable and flexible power forward in the league. He's better than Illgauskus, but the only problem with Gooden is he just doesn't improve. I thought re-signing Z was a terrible move. This guy is just a big oaf, and limits what the Cavs can do in transition. He's a suprisingly good shooter, but he's not worth 10 mill. Try to trade him to some poor sap for some picks, but it doesn't really look like the Cavs can do much the next couple of years with moving people except getting lucky with a late first rounder.

KCChiefsMan
05-30-2007, 03:44 AM
My ass. They're just sitting ducks waiting for Lebron to leave them and go be a bust in another town.

so are you saying Lebron James is a bust? because that would probably be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard

KurtCobain
05-30-2007, 04:02 AM
so are you saying Lebron James is a bust? because that would probably be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard

I'd like to specify. He's not a bust in Cleveland. He carries the whole damn team. However, if he loses this series, and Cleveland does nothing to get him near a championship in future years, I believe he will leave and be a bust wherever he goes.