PDA

View Full Version : O's vs. Royals

petegz28
05-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Elarton's lead off walk scored...1-0 O's bottom of the 1st

petegz28
05-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Jesus maybe someone can hit a ball out of the infield??

Hammock Parties
05-28-2007, 05:40 PM
its not looking likely.... :-( these guys really piss me off.....

petegz28
05-28-2007, 05:51 PM
and we get the tying run shot at the plate.....sigh

petegz28
05-28-2007, 05:55 PM
and another walk....

petegz28
05-28-2007, 06:02 PM
and another run.....gee funny how their lead off walks keep coming around to score

petegz28
05-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Gee nice grand slam to go with your 4 walks there Elarton

petegz28
05-28-2007, 06:25 PM
7-0

Marco Polo
05-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Think we'll get at least one run?

petegz28
05-28-2007, 06:38 PM
8-0

Hammock Parties
05-28-2007, 06:46 PM
I really give up on this team... I personally think that there is no hope for them whatsoever..... Something has to be done and it starts with David Glass being tossed out the door....

Hammock Parties
05-28-2007, 06:50 PM
after 6 ****ing innings their guy only has 49 pitches.... Record for losses in a season is looking like a real makeable goal this year...

petegz28
05-28-2007, 06:51 PM
I really give up on this team... I personally think that there is no hope for them whatsoever..... Something has to be done and it starts with David Glass being tossed out the door....

While Glass needs to do more to get better players I am laying this whole deal at the feet of our Manager Buddy Bell. He can't get this team in the mindset to win. I mean these jokers were talking about we are only 10 games out and all that after they won a few games and look at them now. We have given up 37 runs in the last 3 2/3 games. By the same token we have only scored 6. 37-6 = WTF is our manager doing with these guys?

petegz28
05-28-2007, 06:52 PM
who the hell is this sorry ass singer? she looks good but can't sing for shit!

Hammock Parties
05-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Ive actually said that Bell needed to go a while back. He is the most docile manager i have ever witnessed. The entire team needs to have a fire lit under their asses and that starts with buddy bell doing the liting... Thats what the coach is for, not just to say who is pitching or hitting in what order... He's a ****in bum...

petegz28
05-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Well hey we got a run!!!

petegz28
05-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Ive actually said that Bell needed to go a while back. He is the most docile manager i have ever witnessed. The entire team needs to have a fire lit under their asses and that starts with buddy bell doing the liting... Thats what the coach is for, not just to say who is pitching or hitting in what order... He's a ****in bum...

I agree. Especially when you have a group of younger guys. He is always there to make sure there is an excuse for why they lost and to make the players feel like it's all going to be ok.

Hammock Parties
05-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Personally i don't think he should have come back from that cancer. He just doesn't look like he wants to be here anymore, which is just fine with me.

petegz28
05-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Personally i don't think he should have come back from that cancer. He just doesn't look like he wants to be here anymore, which is just fine with me.

Well I defended him until out 1-0 loss to Minnesota this year when they walked us 10 times and we never scored.

And then after the 17-3 ass whipping he just wanted to "forget about"

Now the last 4 games

10-3 M's
10-2 M's
9-1 M's

8-1 O's in the 8th now....

you look at those scores and tell me if we even have a manager at all??

Bowser
05-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Wonder if htismaqe is still a budding fan? :hmmm:

The years inbetween the Kauffman's running the team until Glass finally broke through and bought it sank the Royals. That is too long with no direction, and too long to have nothing in the minors to show for it.

Dayton Moore has a huge task in front of him to get this team back to respectability, especially when his boss is a frugal owner.

petegz28
05-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Wonder if htismaqe is still a budding fan? :hmmm:

The years inbetween the Kauffman's running the team until Glass finally broke through and bought it sank the Royals. That is too long with no direction, and too long to have nothing in the minors to show for it.

Dayton Moore has a huge task in front of him to get this team back to respectability, especially when his boss is a frugal owner.

Well I bought a season ticket package this year since they signed Moore. We are on the upswing however when I see us getting whipped by 7,8,9 runs a game back to back to back to back and you are at home I really have to question WTF the Manager is or is not telling these guys??

Hammock Parties
05-28-2007, 07:08 PM
It just seems to me that no matter what happens with this organization, nothing will make them a winner... Glass is used to losing, Bell is used to losing. Those 2 men are tops in this organization, so in my opinion thats the only place to start.

keg in kc
05-28-2007, 07:10 PM
10-3 M's
10-2 M's
9-1 M's

8-1 O's in the 8th now....

you look at those scores and tell me if we even have a manager at all??Yeah, ah, I hate to say it, but I don't think managing is the issue in games where you're losing by 7-9 runs.

Bowser
05-28-2007, 07:10 PM
It was the '85 Royals' fault. They made the whole town beg for a World Series title, even if it meant 30 years of constant losing.

petegz28
05-28-2007, 07:11 PM
It just seems to me that no matter what happens with this organization, nothing will make them a winner... Glass is used to losing, Bell is used to losing. Those 2 men are tops in this organization, so in my opinion thats the only place to start.

Well again I will cut Glass some slack...he did bring in Moore and did pay Meche. When Sweeney goes next year along with Sanders that will free up a ton of $'s. My problem is with the coach. He is not coaching these guys and if he is then he really sucks.

We are back to walking guys left and right, stirking out, swinging at the first pitch only to hit into a DP and we just look like we don't give a shit again.

petegz28
05-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Yeah, ah, I hate to say it, but I don't think managing is the issue in games where you're losing by 7-9 runs.

Sure it is...when you are losing like that you aren't pitching, fielding or hitting.

This team comes out on the field the day after a 8 run loss like oh well. They are reflecting their coach's attitude which most teams in every sport do.

petegz28
05-28-2007, 07:21 PM
and we leave them loaded in the bottom fo the 8th

sedated
05-28-2007, 07:27 PM
It just seems to me that no matter what happens with this organization, nothing will make them a winner...

jesus f*cking christ, can we give the new GM a couple of years to put his mark on the club?

he's made a lot of pregress, brought in a lot of talent, give them time.

we had a good 8-2 run and started showing potential, now a losing streak comes and everyone's ready to clean house (again)

petegz28
05-28-2007, 07:27 PM
9-1

petegz28
05-28-2007, 07:28 PM
jesus f*cking christ, can we give the new GM a couple of years to put his mark on the club?

he's made a lot of pregress, brought in a lot of talent, give them time.

we had a good 8-2 run and started showing potential, now a losing streak comes and everyone's ready to clean house (again)

A losing streak? A? You act like this is the first one this year. ROFL

sedated
05-28-2007, 07:37 PM
A losing streak? A? You act like this is the first one this year. ROFL

no one in this thread can argue that the Royals aren't better off now than they were 2-3 years ago

petegz28
05-28-2007, 07:37 PM
wow 1 run for the 2nd night in a row.....we are on fire

petegz28
05-28-2007, 07:39 PM
no one in this thread can argue that the Royals aren't better off now than they were 2-3 years ago

I think I already said they are on the upswing. That does not excuse the piss-poor managing style of Bell. I have been very disappointed in him this year.

Like right now he is probably in the club house telling them how "these games happen" and "you just have to forget about it" or "it wasn't our night (again)" or "well we kept it close until the grand slam"....

PunkinDrublic
05-28-2007, 07:57 PM
This really pisses me off it's as if the Royals want to wipe out the good will created when they were winning against Oakland and Cleveland just to ensure that they are the worst team in baseball. Absolutely disgraceful!

Sam Hall
05-28-2007, 08:52 PM
I think Rick Porcello will be our savior starting next year :)

Mr. Laz
05-28-2007, 08:55 PM
This really pisses me off it's as if the Royals want to wipe out the good will created when they were winning against Oakland and Cleveland just to ensure that they are the worst team in baseball. Absolutely disgraceful!
start of the season, expectations to win are there .... they suck.

lose their ass until pressure goes away ....... they show some life.

start actually looking respectable, pressure comes back ... they suck

Sam Hall
05-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Some people obviously got too excited after the recent hot streak.

Al Bundy
05-28-2007, 09:08 PM
I knew the 8 out of 10 is not what this franchise is, this 5 game losing streak is what this franchise is. Our pitching is awful, our hitting is awful.

Sam Hall
05-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Let's watch what Dayton Moore can do over the next few years. Remember, Glass hit a homerun by getting him from Atlanta. We need a major talent overhaul and it'll take time. Moore can't make a huge trade after every loss. This year's struggles were predictable because we have a young team. I don't like Buddy Bell any more than most people. I hope nobody thought Meche was that good. You can gripe about his contract, but blame the market.

Marlboro_Chief
05-28-2007, 09:18 PM
I think Rick Porcello will be our savior starting next year :)

Sam

You think the Royals should take a chance and roll the dice on hitting it big with Porcello? H.S. fireballers have a track record of being boom or bust picks.

Sam Hall
05-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Sam

You think the Royals should take a chance and roll the dice on hitting it big with Porcello? H.S. fireballers have a track record of being boom or bust picks.

:) = sarcasm is this case. I don't know, the draft is a crapshoot. I don't know much about the kid other than he's rated that high.

duncan_idaho
05-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Bell will be gone once the Royals are closer to having a good team (just like Trammell in Detroit)...

If the Royals take a high school player in this year's draft, it will be one of the two top 3B - they are the best hitting prospects in the draft, and each projects to a different position as a pro.

I think they'll take a college pitcher... too bad we won't be in line to grab David Price...

Sam Hall
05-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Max Scherzer's name will come up but I heard he projects as a reliever. We need starters.

Sam Hall
05-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Anybody else seen Nick Tepesch pitch for Blue Springs HS this year? He's supposed to be a second or third round projection.

duncan_idaho
05-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Max Scherzer's name will come up but I heard he projects as a reliever. We need starters.

Max needs to develop his slider (which has plus-plus potential)... unfortunately, being injured for much of his junior season at MU and then sitting out a year haven't done much for it.

Basically, though, he's a one-pitch guy at this point... hard to give a 22-year old the time it takes to develop two additional pitches...