PDA

View Full Version : You have to admire the optimism of the Royals homers.

Logical
05-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Still huge losers as a team and their homer fans are still starting threads.

That is persistence.:thumb:

keg in kc
05-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Trolling 101, for the viewers at home.

Marlboro_Chief
05-28-2007, 09:13 PM
Milwaukee's success is proof it can be done in this town.

KurtCobain
05-28-2007, 09:14 PM
We suck! Hooray!

Pitt Gorilla
05-28-2007, 09:15 PM
I went to a game a week ago and had a great time with my family. I'm a homer, but I appreciate what they are doing as a team/organization. This is a year for seeing what we have and building towards next year. Win, lose, or draw, I still like watching the games. Tonight I got to see the Royals get killed, the Ducks win game one, and the Spurs and Jazz battling it out. Great night for sports.

Logical
05-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Trolling 101, for the viewers at home.
You think so, I thought I was polite yet conveyed my point rather succinctly. If you are blind or retarded, the point is what is the reason for a Royals thread day after day until they truly turn into winners. They ought to at least be able to win 1/2 their games before we get a daily dose.

Logical
05-28-2007, 09:18 PM
I went to a game a week ago and had a great time with my family. I'm a homer, but I appreciate what they are doing as a team/organization. This is a year for seeing what we have and building towards next year. Win, lose, or draw, I still like watching the games. Tonight I got to see the Royals get killed, the Ducks win game one, and the Spurs and Jazz battling it out. Great night for sports.

I am not suggest people should not go to Royals game that enjoy the game day experience or enjoy watching the team develop.

Fish
05-28-2007, 09:19 PM
Nice contribution of a thread.... really...

You wanna club some baby seals next?

Kick some puppies?

Shove a nun into the water?

Logical
05-28-2007, 09:20 PM

Kick some puppies?

I like the idea of shoving nuns into the water. Great idea.

Deberg_1990
05-28-2007, 09:23 PM
I This is a year for seeing what we have and building towards next year.

Do you realize how many times they have said this since 1985???

About 20 times by my count...

duncan_idaho
05-28-2007, 09:23 PM

Kick some puppies?

Cmon... this is the guy who once wrote English papers about new and interesting ways to torture people (Unless the years and old age are playing with my memory...). That shit is kid stuff to him.

Fish
05-28-2007, 09:25 PM
I like the idea of shoving nuns into the water. Great idea.

Yeah... well... you're an overtly negative ass sometimes....

Go Royals!

Mecca
05-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Milwaukee's success is proof it can be done in this town.

Yea and Minnesota and so on and so on..........those teams know what they're doing the Royals still appear that they don't.

keg in kc
05-28-2007, 09:26 PM
You think so, I thought I was polite yet conveyed my point rather succinctly.Do I think so?

Oh, no, that doesn't sound like trolling at all. :rolleyes:

If you are blind or retarded, the point is what is the reason for a Royals thread day after day until they truly turn into winners.

No, definitely not trolling. :shake:They ought to at least be able to win 1/2 their games before we get a daily dose.This reminds me of those individuals who try to control television in general because they don't understand the whole concept of a remote control, or an on/off switch.

Nobody twists anybody else's arms on any of these threads. If you don't like what you're seeing, you don't have anybody but yourself to blame.

Options are pretty simple: exercise some self control or STFU

So...what's really going on? You okay?

ChiefsCountry
05-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Yea and Minnesota and so on and so on..........those teams know what they're doing the Royals still appear that they don't.

Did you really think they could turn it around in a year?

Mecca
05-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Did you really think they could turn it around in a year?

I'd hope to see that they aren't so stupid as to put Billy Butler in the outfield........or do other typical Royal things.

Maybe it's just the Royals even if guys were smart somewhere else they come in here and become stupid.

Valiant
05-28-2007, 10:06 PM

I feel the same way with ugly people and parents with really dumb kids... They think they have a chance at life...

Wait we are making fun of the Royals.. **** you hypocrite... :) :)

Eleazar
05-28-2007, 10:15 PM
If you are blind or retarded, the point is what is the reason for a Royals thread day after day until they truly turn into winners.

Blind, retarded, maybe. But fans. We've been here through the lean years, and we'll be here no matter how long they last.

Someday when they win it, I might be old and in a wheelchair, but I'll look around at the packed K and be able to say, I've been here the whole time.

Slick32
05-28-2007, 10:20 PM

I wouldn't call it quite like that, but if you were a Chiefs fan from '72 - '88 and are still a Chiefs fan you might fit into the same category.

Deberg_1990
05-28-2007, 10:26 PM
At least Royals fans know there is no hope about 3 or 4 week into the season...

Chiefs fans have to wait all the way into Jan to get kicked in the nuts...

keg in kc
05-28-2007, 10:38 PM
I wouldn't call it quite like that, but if you were a Chiefs fan from '72 - '88 and are still a Chiefs fan you might fit into the same category.Hell, I've been a Chiefs fan since '98, and I fit into that category. The team hasn't won a meaningful game for almost 15 years. I certainly haven't seen anything worth cheering about. And lets not even talk about championships. Yet here I am, year after year.

'Fan' in KC is just another word for "glutton for punishment".

teedubya
05-28-2007, 10:43 PM
You think so, I thought I was polite yet conveyed my point rather succinctly. If you are blind or retarded, the point is what is the reason for a Royals thread day after day until they truly turn into winners. They ought to at least be able to win 1/2 their games before we get a daily dose.

TROLL, regardless.

Boo TROLL!

Hooray BEER!

teedubya
05-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Hell, I've been a Chiefs fan since '98, and I fit into that category. The team hasn't won a meaningful game for almost 15 years. I certainly haven't seen anything worth cheering about. And lets not even talk about championships. Yet here I am, year after year.

man. that is sigworthy.

Slick32
05-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Hell, I've been a Chiefs fan since '98, and I fit into that category. The team hasn't won a meaningful game for almost 15 years. I certainly haven't seen anything worth cheering about. And lets not even talk about championships. Yet here I am, year after year.

That means that you are a newcomer. How many different AFC teams have been to the SB since you've been a fan? How many years were the Chiefs in the running during those years?

Between '72-'88 they were in the playoffs ONCE and never competitive in many, if any, of those years.

If you don't have the patience to wait for the year you might consider finding another franchise to support.

Direckshun
05-28-2007, 10:53 PM
Might as well be a fan now.

That way, if the team gets successful, I personally won't be regarded as the baseball equivolent of a San Diego Charger fan.

petegz28
05-28-2007, 10:55 PM
It's called being a fan....or NOT being a fair-weathered fan. I bought my season tickets this year so I have extra incentive to bitch. But I would rather bitch about how bad the Roylas suck any day than to go find the team of the month and root for someone else's city just so I can feel like a winner

Logical
05-28-2007, 10:56 PM

So...what's really going on? You okay?I just get tired of seeing the threads check them out you won't see me posting in almost any of them. I rarely ever lurk in one.

petegz28
05-28-2007, 10:57 PM
I just get tired of seeing the threads check them out you won't see me posting in almost any of them. I rarely ever lurk in one.

:deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

:loser:

keg in kc
05-28-2007, 10:58 PM
If you don't have the patience to wait for the year you might consider finding another franchise to support.Who said anything about that?

I'm sure I'll follow the team as long as I live here. Maybe even after. Hard to say.

Whatever the case, it's the first time I've ever lived in a pro sports town, so it's the first time I've ever had a reason to follow a specific team, or pair of teams in different sports. I enjoy it, as unfulfilling as it ultimately has been. I don't think either team is a threat to win a championship anytime soon, to be honest, but it doesn't stop me from watching.

Which makes me both a fan and a glutton for punishment.

keg in kc
05-28-2007, 11:00 PM
I just get tired of seeing the threads check them out you won't see me posting in almost any of them. I rarely ever lurk in one.I was asking because I've seen kind of a trend. You seem a little more confrontational lately, and you've had what I would characterize as some troubling religious-natured posts in the last few months. I know I get both more snappy and more philosophical when things aren't going as well as I'd like, and I wanted to at least make a gesture to make sure that everything's okay...

Logical
05-28-2007, 11:01 PM
Cmon... this is the guy who once wrote English papers about new and interesting ways to torture people (Unless the years and old age are playing with my memory...). That shit is kid stuff to him.

Your memory is fine. Good thing I was in school before the age of PC and Columbine.

Logical
05-28-2007, 11:03 PM
I was asking because I've seen kind of a trend. You seem a little more confrontational lately, and you've had what I would characterize as some troubling religious-natured posts in the last few months. I know I get both more snappy and more philosophical when things aren't going as well as I'd like, and I wanted to at least make a gesture to make sure that everything's okay...

Seriously thanks for asking, actually I am feeling better which might be the source of my return to confrontational ways. If you might recall I used to be a real shit stirrer back in the day.

Logical
05-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Yeah... well... you're an overtly negative ass sometimes....

Go Royals!Thank you, thank you, be sure and tip your waiters they work hard.

keg in kc
05-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Well, I'm geniuinely glad to hear that. Keep on shit-stirring and I'll keep on helping to keep the shit stirred.

Logical
05-28-2007, 11:07 PM
I wouldn't call it quite like that, but if you were a Chiefs fan from '72 - '88 and are still a Chiefs fan you might fit into the same category.

Well yeah, but this is A Chiefs BB after all.:D

petegz28
05-28-2007, 11:10 PM
Well yeah, but this is A Chiefs BB after all.:D

So are you whining then about all the threads made on this board that are not Chiefs related?

Logical
05-28-2007, 11:11 PM
TROLL, regardless.

Boo TROLL!

Hooray BEER!

LOL you calling me a troll is sort of like Believer calling someone a Christian fanatic.

Logical
05-28-2007, 11:13 PM
At least Royals fans know there is no hope about 3 or 4 week into the season...

Chiefs fans have to wait all the way into Jan to get kicked in the nuts...

Ah hell you are an optimist I have thrown in the towel on the Chiefs season already. I will still be following them like always though.

irishjayhawk
05-28-2007, 11:17 PM
You do realize what happens when you feed a thread like this?

Logical
05-28-2007, 11:36 PM

It gets more posts?

teedubya
05-29-2007, 06:52 AM
LOL you calling me a troll is sort of like Believer calling someone a Christian fanatic.

Troll. Aging Troll. Really Old Troll, shit stirrer guy.

Saulbadguy
05-29-2007, 07:10 AM
Let's go ROYALS!

OctoberFart
05-29-2007, 08:08 AM
Do they still have a baseball team in KC?

Brock
05-29-2007, 09:27 AM

Yes. He flipped out a couple of years ago and they took away his keys to Chiefsplanet.

Sure-Oz
05-29-2007, 09:28 AM
It's called being a fan of a team, thanks for the props though. Team is heading in the right direction finally, it won't happen overnight.

Fly O.T. McWall
05-29-2007, 09:29 AM

Kick some puppies?

i propose the following changes to this post: replace the following words with "mimes" or "mime": seals, puppies; nun.

beavis
05-29-2007, 09:37 AM
What a great thread... calling out Royals fans for being homers. I mean, all of us are spouting off about how we're going to to go on a 20 game winning streak and back into contention right? :rolleyes:

Sully
05-29-2007, 09:56 AM
I have some in-laws who are ridiculous. The man is raising his son to be a fan of K-State football and KU basketball. Just after the Red Sox won the World Series, the kid is now the world's biggest Red Sox fan. I honestly worry about where the kid is going to learn integrity if he is already being taught that you simply root for or follow the winning team, and only follow the teams that are in the top of the league. There is something to be said for following and being passionate about a bad team, always following and hoping. It makes that one year when they break through so much better. It helps build a sort of loyalty that can't help but permeate other parts of your life. In conclusion, by sticking with a bad team that you are a fan of, you become a better person, but by being a fair weather -fan, I am concerned that I could never trust you.

This is why Royals threads are great...this is why I go to so many Rs games every year, and watch them on the TV every chance I get.

Also, didn't they just finish a run where they won 8 of 10?

Sure-Oz
05-29-2007, 10:02 AM
I have some in-laws who are ridiculous. The man is raising his son to be a fan of K-State football and KU basketball. Just after the Red Sox won the World Series, the kid is now the world's biggest Red Sox fan. I honestly worry about where the kid is going to learn integrity if he is already being taught that you simply root for or follow the winning team, and only follow the teams that are in the top of the league. There is something to be said for following and being passionate about a bad team, always following and hoping. It makes that one year when they break through so much better. It helps build a sort of loyalty that can't help but permeate other parts of your life. In conclusion, by sticking with a bad team that you are a fan of, you become a better person, but by being a fair weather -fan, I am concerned that I could never trust you.

This is why Royals threads are great...this is why I go to so many Rs games every year, and watch them on the TV every chance I get.

Also, didn't they just finish a run where they won 8 of 10?
They did but lost the last 4 lopsided, so hopefully they can get a W tonight.

Brock
05-29-2007, 10:05 AM
The man is raising his son to be a fan of K-State football and KU basketball.

Saulbadguy?

Saulbadguy
05-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Saulbadguy?
KU Football K-State basketball.

SCTrojan
05-29-2007, 10:17 AM
I guess I'm one of 'em. Go Royals!!!

It can't get worse than giving up 45 runs in the last five games, right?

ChiTown
05-29-2007, 10:45 AM

You are a Chiefs fan, right?

Eleazar
05-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Yeah, no kidding. The Royals have a much more recent championship than the Chiefs do.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-29-2007, 12:34 PM
1. It's called being a "fan." Fans follow their team, root for their team and share their love for thier team with people in places that might just include... get this... other fans. Chiefs Planet is a Kansas City based fan site. It therefor stands to reason that several people here might be fans.
You seem smart enough to have grasped this concept by now.

2. "Fans" don't stop being "real" fans just because their teams struggles.

3. Who's holding the gun to your head and making you open the threads?

Logical
05-29-2007, 05:36 PM
1. It's called being a "fan." Fans follow their team, root for their team and share their love for thier team with people in places that might just include... get this... other fans. Chiefs Planet is a Kansas City based fan site. It therefor stands to reason that several people here might be fans.
You seem smart enough to have grasped this concept by now.

2. "Fans" don't stop being "real" fans just because their teams struggles.

3. Who's holding the gun to your head and making you open the threads?

Actually I don't open the threads, I will admit just seeing them annoys me. This BB set up a subsection just for Royals fans but all of them refused to use it. That I find annoying. We political junkies were banished to DC. You Royal fans should be banished to your own subforum.:D

Logical
05-29-2007, 05:37 PM
You are a Chiefs fan, right?

Yup and last time I checked this is a Chiefs BB.

Logical
05-29-2007, 05:40 PM

I realize the big words and analogy went over your head, but dude you are also a troll on this BB.

PunkinDrublic
05-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Actually I don't open the threads, I will admit just seeing them annoys me. This BB set up a subsection just for Royals fans but all of them refused to use it. That I find annoying. We political junkies were banished to DC. You Royal fans should be banished to your own subforum.:D

I get annoyed by that gay ass american idol thread and feel embarrassed for the board that so many people post on it. Many of us feel the team is making the type of changes that will turn the franchise around. They might not turn things around but I'm willing to be patient and see how things turn out. Besides after 20 plus years of following the Royals, it would feel weird rooting for any other team.

shakesthecat
05-29-2007, 06:22 PM
I will admit just seeing them annoys me

Folks, if that right there isn't enough to make each and every one of us post in or start a daily Royals thread, I don't know what is.

Seriously Jim, your act is way beyond stale.
Exercise some self discipline or better yet, just stay in DC.

KcMizzou
05-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Folks, if that right there isn't enough to make each and every one of us post in or start a daily Royals thread, I don't know what is.
No need to start a new one, I think we have our game thread, fellas! :D

shakesthecat
05-29-2007, 06:44 PM
No need to start a new one, I think we have our game thread, fellas! :D

I see Buddy has been drinking while filling out the lineup card again.

KcMizzou
05-29-2007, 06:50 PM
1-0 Royals on a Teahan HR

Edit : Didn't last long, make it 2-1 Baltimore

Logical
05-29-2007, 07:10 PM
I get annoyed by that gay ass american idol thread and feel embarrassed for the board that so many people post on it. Many of us feel the team is making the type of changes that will turn the franchise around. They might not turn things around but I'm willing to be patient and see how things turn out. Besides after 20 plus years of following the Royals, it would feel weird rooting for any other team.

If it makes any difference I don't root for any MLB team. I pretty much hate MLB after that strike in 92? (been so long I don't even remember the year for sure). Until they fix the financial playing field for all the teams I am not coming back and I hope the Yankees or Red Sox win every year. Serves them right.

Eleazar
05-29-2007, 07:11 PM
I get annoyed by that gay ass american idol thread and feel embarrassed for the board that so many people post on it.

I grieve for their poor departed nutsacks too :shake:

No kidding... I picture people who aren't members wandering in and seeing a bunch of middle aged men clucking about American Idol and browsing their way back out.

KcMizzou
05-29-2007, 07:11 PM
If it makes any difference I don't root for any MLB team. I pretty much hate MLB after that strike in 92? (been so long I don't even remember the year for sure). Until they fix the financial playing field for all the teams I am not coming back and I hope the Yankees or Red Sox win every year. Serves them right.They've actually made some decent strides. It's not fixed but it's better.

Someone made a real game thread, I'll leave yours alone... damnit. :)

Logical
05-29-2007, 07:19 PM
I grieve for their poor departed nutsacks too :shake:

No kidding... I picture people who aren't members wandering in and seeing a bunch of middle aged men clucking about American Idol and browsing their way back out.

I heard the final was the most watched program this year other than the Super Bowl. You have a lot of grieving to do.:D

Eleazar
05-29-2007, 07:27 PM
I heard the final was the most watched program this year other than the Super Bowl. You have a lot of grieving to do.:D

There are a lot of teens, pre-teens, and housewives in America.

Logical
05-29-2007, 09:02 PM
There are a lot of teens, pre-teens, and housewives in America.I think you would be amazed by how many adult males watch. Don't vote but watch.

DJay23
05-29-2007, 09:19 PM
What a waste of brain cells. In 2 weeks no one will remember the name of whoever won that abortion of a TV show.

wazu
05-29-2007, 10:17 PM

You've gotta remember, most of us are Chiefs fans in the fall, so we get a lot of practice throughout the year.

SPchief
05-30-2007, 04:24 AM
That I find annoying. We political junkies were banished to DC. You Royal fans should be banished to your own subforum. Because one thread a day for the Royals equals one thread every 10 minutes for the political crap? :spock:

ChiTown
05-30-2007, 07:21 AM
Yup and last time I checked this is a Chiefs BB.

GIANT lol.

Yes, because this is nothing but non-stop 24-7-365 Chiefs talk. GMAFB ROFL

Eleazar
05-30-2007, 07:47 AM
I think you would be amazed by how many adult males watch. Don't vote but watch.

Those are the males whose emasculation I said I was grieving.

If a man comes home from work and thinks "Ooh! Tonight is latin night!", something is wrong with them.

Dr. Van Halen
05-30-2007, 08:17 AM
My biggest complaint is that there is a faction of Royals fans who have become so defensive about the team that they attack the Chiefs at every opportunity.

These are the people who claim that the Chiefs and the Royals are the "same team" and suggest that the Chiefs at their worst were comparable to the Royals now.

The problem goes beyond the Royals. MLB in general seems to want to take shots at the NFL. Remember the Super Bowl commercial with Jeter a few years ago? He makes a comment that somehow implies that the game itself is bad but the commercials are okay to watch? MLB itself seems to find the NFL's popularity inexplicable and infuriating.

Defensive Royals fans are the worst, though. I find them irritating to the extent that I don't want to give the Royals the benefit of the doubt.

WilliamTheIrish
05-30-2007, 08:35 AM
I just get tired of seeing the threads check them out you won't see me posting in almost any of them. I rarely ever lurk in one.

You poor baby.

WilliamTheIrish
05-30-2007, 08:38 AM

Thanks for the advice, Mommy.

Brock
05-30-2007, 08:45 AM
We political junkies were banished to DC.

That's right and thank jeebus.

Fish
05-30-2007, 08:50 AM

So.... the real beef here has nothing to do with the Royals... but instead the fact that we have Royals game-day threads in the main forum but not political threads?

And you're approaching this by making fun of Royals fans?

Otis99
05-30-2007, 09:11 AM
If it makes any difference I don't root for any MLB team. I pretty much hate MLB after that strike in 92?

You must really hate the NFL then, what with the players strike in 1982. There was rightly a lot of backlash against MLB in 1994 when the players went on strike. I know I was pissed off about it for a long time. Years even. But eventually I got over it. Players go on strike in every major sport at one time or another, whether you agree with it or not. It's hard to side with either the owners, the players, or the unions when this happens, because the average fan pretty much hates all of them.

In the end, you have to decide whether or not you like the sport or not. I came to terms with the fact that I didn't like the strike or the unequal playing field that exists in MLB yet the fact that I just enjoy watching baseball and supporting my team was enough to keep my interest.

Do you even like the sport of professional baseball or are you just using the strike as an excuse to bash MLB? The fact that you don't even know what year the strike occurred in tells me you just don't like baseball. Which is fine, but don't lie about it.

Sure-Oz
05-30-2007, 09:20 AM
You must really hate the NFL then, what with the players strike in 1982. There was rightly a lot of backlash against MLB in 1994 when the players went on strike. I know I was pissed off about it for a long time. Years even. But eventually I got over it. Players go on strike in every major sport at one time or another, whether you agree with it or not. It's hard to side with either the owners, the players, or the unions when this happens, because the average fan pretty much hates all of them.

In the end, you have to decide whether or not you like the sport or not. I came to terms with the fact that I didn't like the strike or the unequal playing field that exists in MLB due to the fact that I just enjoy watching baseball and supporting my team.

Do you even like the sport of professional baseball or are you just using the strike as an excuse to bash MLB? The fact that you don't even know what year the strike occurred in tells me you just don't like baseball. Which is fine, but don't lie about it.
It's fun to piss on people's cheerios and eat it too!

Brock
05-30-2007, 09:33 AM
It's funny how the old, senile, incontinent fart doesn't complain about NBA threads, particularly Laker threads.

|Zach|
05-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Logical never passes up an opportunity to take back handed shots at Royals fans for reasons totally unknown.

Sully
05-30-2007, 11:46 AM
This thread belongs in the bitching about thread content subforum.

Slick32
05-30-2007, 05:30 PM
If it makes any difference I don't root for any MLB team. I pretty much hate MLB after that strike in 92? (been so long I don't even remember the year for sure). Until they fix the financial playing field for all the teams I am not coming back and I hope the Yankees or Red Sox win every year. Serves them right.

So how is it that you have stuck with the NFL after their shutdowns?

greg63
05-30-2007, 05:56 PM
You have to admire the optimism of the Royals homers.

...No I don't! :harumph:

:)

Logical
05-30-2007, 06:32 PM
So how is it that you have stuck with the NFL after their shutdowns?

The NFL has a financial structure that makes it possible for all team to compete. It is not the NFL's fault we have Carl as our GM.

Slick32
05-30-2007, 07:02 PM
The NFL has a financial structure that makes it possible for all team to compete. It is not the NFL's fault we have Carl as our GM.

This post has nothing to do with CP. The NFL shutdown twice in my lifetime, which is probably comparable to yours. If the baseball strike soured you on them why not the NFL?

MBL has a financial structure only as strong as the owners willingness to spend money for a winner. George S. is willing to spend what it takes, at least he did. There doesn't seem to be a limit on baseball so the best players go to the highest bidder. If you want to win you spend the bucks.

Otis99
05-31-2007, 06:12 AM

Tell that to the AL Champion Detroit Tigers and their $82 million payroll. Or to the World Series champion Cardinals and their $88 million. The Royals are spending $67 million this year, though they don't have anything to show for it yet.

I agree that competition is harder in MLB due to the uneven financial playing field, but what you are saying is a cop-out. For a guy with the name "Logical" you really aren't living up to your name in this thread. You never even responded to my last point, which I assume you conceded.

Dr. Van Halen
05-31-2007, 09:11 AM

This is what I'm talking about. Is it possible for baseball fans to defend their sport without attacking football? It comes across as transparent bitterness and jealousy.

Reerun_KC
05-31-2007, 09:14 AM
Went to the Triple A Oklahoma Redhawks last night and Desi Reliford was playing 3rd for them...

Just an FYI for you Royals fans...

Otis99
05-31-2007, 09:20 AM
This is what I'm talking about. Is it possible for baseball fans to defend their sport without attacking football? It comes across as transparent bitterness and jealousy.

Explain to me how what I said was an attack on football. I was attacking Logical's statement that he didn't like MLB due to the strike of 1994. Logically, it would seem to me that if you don't like a sport because of a players' strike, it would seem that any sport that you are a fan of that was shut down due to a strike of a similar nature would also be one that you wouldn't like.

I am a fan of both baseball and football. I didn't like the strikes that affected either sport, but I got over it. You are attacking the wrong guy here.

Dr. Van Halen
05-31-2007, 09:41 AM
Explain to me how what I said was an attack on football. I was attacking Logical's statement that he didn't like MLB due to the strike of 1994. Logically, it would seem to me that if you don't like a sport because of a players' strike, it would seem that any sport that you are a fan of that was shut down due to a strike of a similar nature would also be one that you wouldn't like.

I am a fan of both baseball and football. I didn't like the strikes that affected either sport, but I got over it. You are attacking the wrong guy here.

There are a number of people in KC who cannot defend the Royals or MLB without trying to smear the Chiefs or the NFL in the process. Your defense of baseball was along the lines of "how can you think baseball is bad when football is as bad or worse." Defend baseball on its own merits.

Otis99
05-31-2007, 11:37 AM
There are a number of people in KC who cannot defend the Royals or MLB without trying to smear the Chiefs or the NFL in the process. Your defense of baseball was along the lines of "how can you think baseball is bad when football is as bad or worse." Defend baseball on its own merits.

Let me get this straight - it's ok to say that you hate baseball because of the strike while at the same time ignoring the fact that your own league has had them in 1982 and 1987? Sorry but that's just hypocritical to me. And I certainly don't call that smearing the NFL, it's more like smearing the person that made that statement. My position on players strikes and lockouts is this: They happen, and have happened in all pro sports. They suck. They have no bearing on whether or not a sport is any good.

Again, I wasn't the one that brought up the strike. I was simply replying to a post that brought it up. I wasn't about to let it slide by for the same reason you said - people love to smear the MLB by bringing up the strike. That's the pot calling the kettle black.

Dr. Van Halen
05-31-2007, 12:19 PM
Let me get this straight - it's ok to say that you hate baseball because of the strike while at the same time ignoring the fact that your own league has had them in 1982 and 1987? Sorry but that's just hypocritical to me. And I certainly don't call that smearing the NFL, it's more like smearing the person that made that statement. My position on players strikes and lockouts is this: They happen, and have happened in all pro sports. They suck. They have no bearing on whether or not a sport is any good.

Again, I wasn't the one that brought up the strike. I was simply replying to a post that brought it up. I wasn't about to let it slide by for the same reason you said - people love to smear the MLB by bringing up the strike. That's the pot calling the kettle black.

I think you missed my point, which is fine. I was just saying that baseball fans need to start defending baseball on its own merits instead of trying (fruitlessly) to compare it to football. There are arguments to be made about the strike in baseball's defense without trying to drag football into it.

I'm willing to wager that Mr. Logical doesn't solely hate baseball because of the strike. I suspect the strike was the straw that broke the camel's back. Many Americans view baseball as a less entertaining sport and see the inherent inequity as a fatal flaw.

HemiEd
05-31-2007, 02:57 PM
How do you like it now Jim? Three Royals threads on the front page!