PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way to break into your car

BWillie
05-29-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm retarded, and I locked my keys in my purple dragon, 1997 Dodge Stratus. They are even in the ignition. Believe it or not, I've been dumb enough to do this before twice, one time it cost me a hundo and another time it was 30 bucks. Anybody know the cheapest way to go about this? Somebody told the if I call the police they will do it for free? Anybody know a good locksmith that won't rape me?

Pushead2
05-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Brick to window. I've done it and only 50 bucks to replace the window.

BIG_DADDY
05-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Your insurance should cover it for free.

cdcox
05-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Reach into your wallet and use the spare key you keep there.

Call the person who has the other set of keys to your car.

Police might help.

Walk to the nearest auto parts store and buy a slim jim.

Call Pop-a-lock

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-29-2007, 01:05 PM
YOU DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!!!

Call a locksmith, or call the cops to get them to use a slim jim.

Skip Towne
05-29-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm retarded, and I locked my keys in my purple dragon, 1997 Dodge Stratus. They are even in the ignition. Believe it or not, I've been dumb enough to do this before twice, one time it cost me a hundo and another time it was 30 bucks. Anybody know the cheapest way to go about this? Somebody told the if I call the police they will do it for free? Anybody know a good locksmith that won't rape me?
Some PD's have slim Jims and they can get right in. I'd call them first.

kcxiv
05-29-2007, 01:06 PM
I just call my Moms boyfriend, he owns a Auto Body shop. problem solved for free.

KC-TBB
guy at airport got doors open by prying the door open a bit at the top corner and sticking a piece of plastic in there (didnt hurt the door) and used a wire hanger to fish the keys off...it worked in about 5 minutes.

StcChief
Spare key win wallet or at home.

Get a routine when you leave your car which INCLUDES holding the keys in you hand.

BIG_DADDY
05-29-2007, 01:07 PM
I have never ever seen a cop break into a car for someone.

Saulbadguy
05-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Don't be a dumbass and forget your keys in your car, that would be my best advice.

Actually, just sign up for AAA. They will do it.

BWillie
05-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Reach into your wallet and use the spare key you keep there.

Call the person who has the other set of keys to your car.

Police might help.

Walk to the nearest auto parts store and buy a slim jim.

Call Pop-a-lock

Yeah, I don't have an extra set of keys...you would think I would learn. I'm definitely going to wal-mart after this and having them make me an extra. Me being a moron and locking my keys in my car tends to cost me about 200 dollars a year.

What do slim jim's run to purchase? Does it come to an Idiots Guide to Breaking into your car book too?

ROFL :banghead:

Mr. Plow
05-29-2007, 01:23 PM
My wife just did this to her Taurus. We called the dealership - they had the VIN # already - they made us a key to unlock the door. Won't start it, but it's going to be handy to have. Charged me like $5.

cdcox
05-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I don't have an extra set of keys...you would think I would learn. I'm definitely going to wal-mart after this and having them make me an extra. Me being a moron and locking my keys in my car tends to cost me about 200 dollars a year.

What do slim jim's run to purchase? Does it come to an Idiots Guide to Breaking into your car book too?

Probably about $10. The problem is that keeping it in your car really won't help. Also, it is considered a "burglary tool" in some jurisdictions. Finally, I've jacked up both door locks on my F-150 using it. Now I don't have a problem locking my keys in my car any more.

Simplex3
05-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Spare key in wallet. Also, don't you have remote locks? If so just stop hitting the switch on the door and make a habit of hitting the button on the remote. You can't do that if you don't have your keys in your hand.

Simplex3
05-29-2007, 01:27 PM

You going to keep it in your glove box?

:evil:

DaFace
05-29-2007, 01:30 PM
I thought slim jims were illegal unless you're in law enforcement. Am I dumb?

Simplex3
05-29-2007, 01:37 PM
I thought slim jims were illegal unless you're in law enforcement. Am I dumb?
Depends on where you are.

HemiEd
05-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Probably about $10. The problem is that keeping it in your car really won't help. Also, it is considered a "burglary tool" in some jurisdictions. Finally, I've jacked up both door locks on my F-150 using it. Now I don't have a problem locking my keys in my car any more.

That has been my experience with the "slim jim" as well. I think they only work on certain vehicles.

I have gotten into a lot of cars for people, with a good old coat hanger. They are getting lighter and flimsier though, so that might not work.

KC-TBB
05-29-2007, 01:39 PM
I think I have lost countless brain cells by reading this post

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-29-2007, 01:55 PM
If you pull the engine out of your car then most vehicles are accessable by entering through the dashboard. And while your at it make sure to taste the gas. Somebody may have put sugar in it.

Simplex3
05-29-2007, 01:56 PM
If you pull the engine out of your car then most vehicles are accessable by entering through the dashboard. And while your at it make sure to taste the gas. Somebody may have put sugar in it.
Huh. I figured you would have recommended leaving a dead hog under the back seat.

KurtCobain
05-29-2007, 01:59 PM
You're ****ed. You'll have to sell your car for junk money and get a new one.

rtmike
05-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Let me know if it works...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZuNoik65iE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksDY5vn1bIE

kstater
05-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Most police departments won't get you into your car unless it's running.

Redcoats58
05-29-2007, 04:06 PM
What I did was wedge a block of wood or wood door stopper into the window or door crease which ever is more movable and created a hook with a coat hanger and pulled them out of the ignition with the hanger. Worked pretty well.

KcMizzou
05-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Assuming you have proof of ownership, call a dealership. (Title or registration will work.. sometimes proof of insurance will too) You'll need one of those and a photo ID.

Keys with a chip are generally $20-30, normal keys are like $5.

At least that's how it works for GM. We can look up key codes by VIN back to 1990.

Redcoats58
05-29-2007, 04:12 PM
Assuming you have proof of ownership, call a dealership. (Title or registration will work.. sometimes proof of insurance will too) You'll need one of those and a photo ID.

At least that's how it works for GM. We can look up key codes by VIN back to 1990.
Damn thats not a bad price. I would probably go this route, then you'll have a spare.

KcMizzou
05-29-2007, 04:15 PM
Damn thats not a bad price. I would probably go this route, then you'll have a spare.The problem we often run into is that all a lot of people have for proof of ownership is their registration, which is always locked up in the car.

They don't leave any room for exceptions, though. If we cut a key and it's used in a theft, it comes back on us.

Silock
05-29-2007, 04:21 PM
I lock my keys in my car every day. Of course, I always take the remote with me when I leave.

tk13
05-29-2007, 04:27 PM
Take a stick of bubble gum. Wrap some bailing wire around it. Now, find 3 small marshmellows. Place those at 90 degree angles equilaterally from each other around the object underneath the bailing wire, making sure not to squish the mellow. Now, pour gasoline all over the marshmellow bubblegum wire stick. Remove a match, light it, and place near the stick, making sure to set the stick on fire. Heat-repelling gloves are recommended for this step. Consult your local military. Insert the flaming stick into your gas tank. Immediately step away from the vehicle, at a recommended distance of at least a quarter mile. Quickly. Find a comfortable spot under a table, chair, or concrete bunker, and wait for the vehicle to explode. Earplugs recommended, but not required. The explosion will look like a giant fireball. If unsure what an explosion looks like, consult our user's manuals, Lethal Weapon 1-4, at your local video rental store. Once explosion occurs, make sure to avoid any falling debris. The explosion should dislodge the key from the ignition. Make sure the area is secure, and begin to search the debris until key is found. Contact your local fire department to help assist in cleaning up any loose debris. Do not eat the cooked marshmellows. If marshmellows are accidently ingested after explosion, contact your local poison control center.

Phobia
05-29-2007, 04:29 PM
You need a rope, a chair, and a strong leg.

stevieray
05-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Chuck Norris

redbrian
05-29-2007, 05:12 PM
I have never ever seen a cop break into a car for someone.

It's very common here in Missouri (at least KC, Springfield and St. Louis where I have personally witnesed it), I am assuming it's to keep in practice (that was sarcasim for those who didn't catch it).

Valiant
05-29-2007, 05:29 PM
guy at airport got doors open by prying the door open a bit at the top corner and sticking a piece of plastic in there (didnt hurt the door) and used a wire hanger to fish the keys off...it worked in about 5 minutes.

Depending on how far the key is in the ignition that guy has some talent...

Rain Man
05-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Drive the car to a lower-end used car dealer. They've usually got the tools and the skills to open it up.

This assumes, of course, that you're trapped inside the car instead of outside it.

Phobia
05-29-2007, 06:36 PM
You need a rope, a chair, and a strong leg.

For the record, this post was made prior to viewing the thread about the 3 victims in Texas.

Rain Man
05-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Depends on where you are.

He's dumb in some places and not in others?

mdstu
05-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Locked my keys in my apartment on a Saturday in Germany. As some of you may know in Europe nothing is open on the weekend except for the shops till noon and beer and food joints. I drive to a local locksmith and find an emergency number on the door. I call and the guy says he will do it for 50 DM's, I say hurry up. The old lady and I set in front of the door for two hours and here he comes in his brand new Audi and hops out in designer clothing. He opens the door then says that will be 100 DM's. I'm dumbfounded and at a loss for words. Being a stranger in a Foreign land not sure of the laws scared me, but there was no way I was going to give this asshole 100 marks. I told him to either take the 50 or take nothing. He started to yell and act like a prick, he even tried to pull my wife out of the doorway and close the door again. He got his ultimatum there to take the money and leave or I was gonna go ape shit, I think he saw the fire in my eyes so he took the money and left. I was so mad my hand were shaking when he left.

Dunit35
05-29-2007, 08:05 PM
Auto stores don't sell slim jims here in Oklahoma. Said it's considered a burglery tool.

blueballs
05-29-2007, 08:29 PM
knock out the trunk lock
if back seat folds down

Iowanian
05-29-2007, 08:56 PM
poke a hole in a tennis ball the size of the an ink pen lid....place hole over the keyhole and smash the tennis ball together.

Mr. Plow
05-29-2007, 09:36 PM

Hell, I didn't even have to go up there except to pick up the key. Probably doesn't hurt that I have all my cars serviced up there, bought the Taurus from them, and one of my friends works there. I just called, they said they had the VIN # and to come pick it up.

Skip Towne
05-29-2007, 09:52 PM
This reminds me of the blond who locked herself out of her convertible. It started raining and she couldn't get in to put the top up.