PDA

View Full Version : Woody's Smokehouse in Joplin

Pitt Gorilla
05-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Great barbecue. I always try to stop there while I'm back in Pittsburg. It's a gas station/BBQ joint with great atmosphere, meats, and sauce. Give it a shot if you're ever in town. It's actually in old "Airport Drive" IIRC, which is on the northwest end of town. Any other fans?

Reerun_KC
05-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Love going to Pizza by Stout when I am back in the area.....

Will look this one up though.

Stewie
05-30-2007, 03:32 PM
I usually eat chicken when I've been down that way. I'm always looking for BBQ, though and a good road trip down that way is long overdue. I'm also wanting to try this place: www.thebbqshack.com Official BBQ joint of TOOL.

Pitt Gorilla
05-30-2007, 04:21 PM
I usually eat chicken when I've been down that way. I'm always looking for BBQ, though and a good road trip down that way is long overdue. I'm also wanting to try this place: www.thebbqshack.com Official BBQ joint of TOOL.Chicken? Annie's or Mary's?

Tribal Warfare
05-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Big R's is my place for BBQ

Marcellus
05-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Big R's is good. Stout's used to be my favorite pizza place.

If you have to come to Joplin you must go to Woody's Wood Fired Pizza on W. 7th Street. ( different than the before mentioned Woody's Smokehouse)

Some of the best pizza you could ever eat.

PinkFloyd
05-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Big R's is good. Stout's used to be my favorite pizza place.

If you have to come to Joplin you must go to Woody's Wood Fired Pizza on W. 7th Street. ( different than the before mentioned Woody's Smokehouse)

Some of the best pizza you could ever eat.

I ate pizza that way about 10 years ago in Vegas... They fixed it right over an open fire with wood and wood chips... UMMMM UMMMM UMMMM

PinkFloyd
05-30-2007, 05:50 PM
I've eatten at all the places mentioned here on this thread... B-B-Q, pizza and chicken is a favorite of mine during bowling and softball tournaments in Joplin...

Predarat
05-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Chicken? Annie's or Mary's?
Thats a tough choice but gotta love the German Slaw and Onion Rings at both those places. Damn good stuff!

Baby Lee
05-30-2007, 06:23 PM
I've eatten at all the places mentioned here on this thread... B-B-Q, pizza and chicken is a favorite of mine during bowling and softball tournaments in Joplin...
Keep up your sinful ways and you're gonna get botulism.

rocks
05-30-2007, 07:32 PM
While you can't get a beer at the "Sultan of Smoke" in Joplin, the BBQ is hands down the best in the area. The brisket is off the charts. IMO

PinkFloyd
06-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Keep up your sinful ways and you're gonna get botulism.

ROFL I hear you... I weigh a whooping 185, and I could eat allllll day and not gain a pound... Use to weigh 240, but that was back in the 7 days a week beer fest...

Stewie
06-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Chicken? Annie's or Mary's?

I've eaten at both and they're outstanding.

PinkFloyd
06-03-2007, 02:54 PM
I ordered the 4 piece chiecken meal at Mary's one time... The whole table got quiet and the waitress said -- You sure you want that ???

When it got to our table it looked like two legs and two thighs on steriods !!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
06-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Love going to Pizza by Stout when I am back in the area.....

Will look this one up though.

If you're looking for great pizza on that region make the drive down to Rockaway Beach outside of Branson. Place down by the water called "The Pizza Cellar" that has a phenominal pie. Damn, I'm finding all the good food threads tonight and it's making me hungry.