PDA

View Full Version : Tod Wellemyer Slams Royals....

petegz28
05-31-2007, 09:39 AM
am listening to 810 I guess Wellemyer gave an inteview in St. Louis and when asked what the difference between playing for KC and STL he said "the expectaion in KC as that you keep your job the expectation in STL is you have to perform well"

Granted I think that was more of the Baird attitude I see that more and more in Bell publicly anyway.

Sure-Oz
05-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Wellemeyer performs well at sucking

Eleazar
05-31-2007, 09:42 AM
He couldn't even meet expectations here. The guy is a bum.

People on their fourth team in four years don't usually have room to bitch about a team not being successful because they are part of the problem.

eazyb81
05-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Yet another loser that blames an organization for his shitty performance rather than himself.

Hey Todd, maybe you forgot, but you were the worst player on the worst baseball team. I'm not sure you can really talk shit on anyone.

petegz28
05-31-2007, 09:45 AM
He couldn't even meet expectations here. The guy is a bum.

People on their fourth team in four years don't usually have room to bitch about a team not being successful because they are part of the problem.

I agree but I do agree also with the assessment of the two teams. Baird was a the king of excuses and he brought in Bell who is now doing the samething Baird did.

Teams reflect the attitude of their coach while I agree a coach is only as good as his players. Having said that though I believe pre-Moore Wellemeyer is still on this team. I do believe Bell will be gone in a year or two as well after we get a few more players from the minors or a free agent or two.

Codered
05-31-2007, 09:46 AM
Yeahhh... He wasn't called Albie Wellemyer for nothing. I always laugh when players leave the Royals that SUCK and attempt to trash the organization.

So the Royals suck, but you couldn't even keep your job with them? Shut up while your ahead dude.

Deberg_1990
05-31-2007, 09:48 AM
I do believe Bell will be gone in a year or two as well after we get a few more players from the minors or a free agent or two.

Hopefully he will be gone in months........i think he has had more than enough time to prove himself now.....he aint getting it done.

petegz28
05-31-2007, 09:51 AM
Hopefully he will be gone in months........i think he has had more than enough time to prove himself now.....he aint getting it done.

I defended him until we lost a game 1-0 in 11 innings when we got walked 10 times. We also K'd 14 times. When you can't score 1-2 runs against a division rival when they walk you 10 times in a game and you have 11 shots at it then you are not playing with fire, you are hoping to win by playing not to lose.

After that I lost it with Bell and the hitting coach. And since then I have come to realize at least publicly anyway he makes more excuses and BS and never once says "we stunk tonight and we better pull our heads out of our ass cause I know we can play better ball than that and I will not tolerate this level of crap from a team I know can win.." or something to that effect.

Fish
05-31-2007, 09:53 AM
So the Royals suck, but you couldn't even keep your job with them? Shut up while your ahead dude.

Exactly.... poor bitter Wellemeyer.... I don't care what that ****in idiot says... The Royals were right to throw his ass to the curb... he had a 10.something ERA in the 15 or 16 games he was here, and somehow it's all the management's fault?

Piss off....

Sure-Oz
05-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Who would we really hire as a manager anyway right now?

Reerun_KC
05-31-2007, 09:56 AM
Speaking of Bell?

When can or could we expect a replacement?

shaneo69
05-31-2007, 09:57 AM
He's been pretty good for the Cardinals. They gave him a start last night because everybody else sucks, and he ended up getting the win and breaking the Rockies 8 game winning streak. Apparently he's now the Cardinals stopper.

shaneo69
05-31-2007, 09:58 AM

Whitey's available.

petegz28
05-31-2007, 09:59 AM

Personally I would like Frank White for 2 reasons in this order...

1) he has already coached and worked with a lot of the young guys we have coming up and that is an intangible I like

2) he won as a player and was tops in everything he did which gets the respect of your players....very similar to making Guillen a coach.

I think White knows how to win and knows these players better than any coach you could bring in right now and we should grow our coaching with our talent. Other than that I am not sure who is out there really at this point.

eazyb81
05-31-2007, 09:59 AM

And that's the real question. There's no point to fire Bell now because no one worth his salt is available.

Just wait until the season is over and hire someone like Pendleton or Girardi.

Eleazar
05-31-2007, 10:07 AM
You guys are on crack. The team is not playing well, but you know what - they have sucked for 15 YEARS. More or less, 20 YEARS. Buddy Bell has only presided over, what, 1/8th of our run of suckage? 1/10th of it?

We've had 5 or 6 different managers, 3 general managers, countless pitching coaches and hitting coaches and bench coaches. Everything has turned over again and again and the same thing keeps happening. The Royals have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the reason for failure is TALENT. We are poor at identifying and procuring talent. That's the problem.

Yes, this may come as a surprise, but you can't win with no talent. You can't hit home runs with no power hitters, you don't steal bases without any base stealers, you don't get hits with guys like Joey Gathright, you don't get strikeouts or save games with guys like Todd Wellemeyer. There is no manager alive that could win with this team because there's no talent yet. There is the possibility of talent in the future, but there isn't any now. Dropping Joe Torre's flabby ass in that dugout isn't going to make a damn bit of difference.

I realize that people just want to bitch about something and blame someone, but the fact is that it's going to take Dayton Moore more than one year to rebuild the team, and he realizes that Buddy Bell doesn't have any bullets in his gun, and that's why he is still here.

You can claim that the manager is the problem, or the pitching coach or the hitting coach is the problem, but the facts over TWO DECADES of change for the sake of change make you look stupid.

petegz28
05-31-2007, 10:09 AM
You guys are on crack. The team is not playing well, but you know what - they have sucked for 15 YEARS. More or less, 20 YEARS. Buddy Bell has only presided over, what, 1/8th of our run of suckage? 1/10th of it?

We've had 5 or 6 different managers, 3 general managers, countless pitching coaches and hitting coaches and bench coaches. Everything has turned over again and again and the same thing keeps happening. The Royals have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the reason for failure is TALENT. We are poor at identifying and procuring talent. That's the problem.

Yes, this may come as a surprise, but you can't win with no talent. You can't hit home runs with no power hitters, you don't steal bases without any base stealers, you don't get hits with guys like Joey Gathright, you don't get strikeouts or save games with guys like Todd Wellemeyer. There is no manager alive that could win with this team because there's no talent yet. There is the possibility of talent in the future, but there isn't any now.

I realize that people just want to bitch about something and blame someone, but the fact is that it's going to take Dayton Moore more than one year to rebuild the team, and he realizes that Buddy Bell doesn't have any bullets in his gun, and that's why he is still here.

You can claim that the manager is the problem, or the pitching coach or the hitting coach is the problem, but the facts over the past decade make you look stupid.

I think the manager is the attitude problem honestly. I don't care what sport you are in your team will reflect the attitude if nothing else of their head coach...and you kow this MAN!

Eleazar
05-31-2007, 10:11 AM
I think the manager is the attitude problem honestly. I don't care what sport you are in your team will reflect the attitude if nothing else of their head coach...and you kow this MAN!

Yeah, attitude is the problem, not a total dearth of talent. If only we had attitude guys like .240 hitting Aaron Guiel, then we would be in great shape.

Attitude doesn't change who you are. I can dress up like Superman and run around even believing that I am Superman all day long, but if I jump off my roof I'm still going to break my effing neck.

Deberg_1990
05-31-2007, 10:12 AM

Yes, this may come as a surprise, but you can't win with no talent. You can't hit home runs with no power hitters, you don't steal bases without any base stealers, you don't get hits with guys like Joey Gathright, you don't get strikeouts or save games with guys like Todd Wellemeyer. There is no manager alive that could win with this team because there's no talent yet. There is the possibility of talent in the future, but there isn't any now. Dropping Joe Torre's flabby ass in that dugout isn't going to make a damn bit of difference.

You can claim that the manager is the problem, or the pitching coach or the hitting coach is the problem, but the facts over TWO DECADES of change for the sake of change make you look stupid.

The single biggest reason for the Royals failures the past 15 years or so, is their inability to develop pitching. Starters and closers. They have had some decent hitting lineups over the years.

We havent developed one single in house starting pitcher who was a consistent winner since Appier.

Thats pathetic.

Eleazar
05-31-2007, 10:17 AM
The single biggest reason for the Royals failures the past 15 years or so, is their inability to develop pitching. Starters and closers. They have had some decent hitting lineups over the years.

We havent developed one single in house starting pitcher who was a consistent winner since Appier.

Thats pathetic.

It was, like I said, a poor job of identifying, procuring - and also, developing - talent.

We picked guys with big arms who were projects. We picked big, hard-throwing guys like Colt Griffin. We went through a soft-throwing lefty phase. We picked guys who had only pitched for a year or two.

We never were after 'stuff' guys. We were never after 'control' guys. It was an errant philosophy. We need pitchers. Not guys who dazzle the radar gun. Guys who can pitch.

Sam Hall
05-31-2007, 10:26 AM
The Cards are playing very well this season, Todd :rolleyes:

Sure-Oz
05-31-2007, 10:43 AM
I still remember when bell was first hired, and how sleepy he looked during the press conference. Reminds me of Major League, that coach "shutup dorn"

Sam Hall
05-31-2007, 10:52 AM
The Royals still only have three fewer wins than the Yankees with one-fifth the payroll.

StcChief
05-31-2007, 10:59 AM
Cards will see how he does. Maybe it's a change of scenery. Dave Duncan may fix him. Or maybe he's a bum.

Keeping the ball in the yard in Colorado. Ok for first outing.

Starts against better teams ??? I'd say now work in progress.

Dr. Van Halen
05-31-2007, 12:11 PM
The Royals still only have three fewer wins than the Yankees with one-fifth the payroll.

That's right! They are the same team! Equally as good! Print 'em!!!

GoHuge
05-31-2007, 01:18 PM
Who would we really hire as a manager anyway right now?The Royals real problem is talent and it contiues to be. If the talent isn't there, which it's not, it doesn't matter where the manager puts them on the field.

They just aint good enough.