PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY Got My First Foul Ball!!!

petegz28
05-31-2007, 09:56 AM
In 30+ years of going to the Royals games I finally got a foul ball!

Ok who gives a shit??? I DO DAMN IT!!!

Every boy's child hood dream to catch a foul ball at the ballpark!

Ok I didn't catch it, it bouned in the section in front of me then into the stairway next to me..since I have an isle seat it was an easy grab but hey...I'LL TAKE IT!!!

Reerun_KC
05-31-2007, 09:58 AM
Rock on!

Fish
Wow.... sounds funny, but congrats.... something I've always wanted as well.... came close as a kid...

Do you still take your glove to the game?

Rooster
:clap: That's cool. I've always wanted to catch a foul ball. I haven't even been close though.

petegz28
05-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Wow.... sounds funny, but congrats.... something I've always wanted as well.... came close as a kid...

Do you still take your glove to the game?

no I sit behind the screen so I only will get pop ups.

Fish
05-31-2007, 10:02 AM
no I sit behind the screen so I only will get pop ups.

Makes sense.... I can't wait till my youngun is old enough to enjoy an entire game so I have an excuse to take my glove to the game again...

Dunit35
05-31-2007, 10:12 AM
My bro got a hockey puck from a wichita thunder game once.

ChiTown
05-31-2007, 10:13 AM
When I was living in Chicago back in '99, I had my oldest son with me at the Cubs-Royals game at Wrigley. We were sitting 9 rows back from the visitors dugout enjoying the game. Joe Randa walks up to the plate and fouls one over to my side. I have my 16 month old son in one arm, a beer in the other hand and a ball coming right at me. I switch my beer to my right hand of the arm that is holding my son, free up my left and snatch the ball as it is drifting over my head. One ball, one full beer and a baby that never knew what happened - all safe and sound. My wife strolls in moments later, after coming back from the restroom, and asks what happened. She yelled at me for 10 minutes straight. Good times.

She settled down, and took a picture of me and my son (who is holding the ball). The ball and the picture are in a picture case at my office. Great memories..........

Dunit35
05-31-2007, 10:17 AM
When I was living in Chicago back in '99, I had my oldest son with me at the Cubs-Royals game at Wrigley. We were sitting 9 rows back from the visitors dugout enjoying the game. Joe Randa walks up to the plate and fouls one over to my side. I have my 16 month old son in one arm, a beer in the other hand and a ball coming right at me. I switch my beer to my right hand of the arm that is holding my son, free up my left and snatch the ball as it is drifting over my head. One ball, one full beer and a baby that never knew what happened - all safe and sound. My wife strolls in moments later, after coming back from the restroom, and asks what happened. She yelled at me for 10 minutes straight. Good times.

She settled down, and took a picture of me and my son (who is holding the ball). The ball and the picture are in a picture case at my office. Great memories..........

That's talent right there.

Deberg_1990
05-31-2007, 10:19 AM
Ok I didn't catch it, it bouned in the section in front of me then into the stairway next to me..since I have an isle seat it was an easy grab but hey...I'LL TAKE IT!!!

You failed to mention the 10 year old kid you trampled over to get it...

: )

Fish
05-31-2007, 10:19 AM
My bro got a hockey puck from a wichita thunder game once.

I had my hands on a puck from a hockey game way back when I was about 6 or 7 years old.... some fat drunk dude snatched it out of my hands. I was mortified... went and told my dad, and he took off on an ass-kicking mission to get my puck back, but couldn't find the fat thief after that.

I was sad for a week... and vowed then and there that when I grew up, if I ever got a foul ball or a stray puck, I'd give it to wide-eyed youngster sitting close by. Still haven't gotten the opportunity...

Dunit35
05-31-2007, 10:21 AM
I had my hands on a puck from a hockey game way back when I was about 6 or 7 years old.... some fat drunk dude snatched it out of my hands. I was mortified... went and told my dad, and he took off on an ass-kicking mission to get my puck back, but couldn't find the fat thief after that.

I was sad for a week... and vowed then and there that when I grew up, if I ever got a foul ball or a stray puck, I'd give it to wide-eyed youngster sitting close by. Still haven't gotten the opportunity...

Yeah, if I remember right an older dude and him went after it and the old guy got it and handed it to him. It scared the shit out of us when it was coming right for us.

Pushead2
05-31-2007, 10:22 AM
I wish I could get a NFL ball tossed into the crowd.

Ebolapox
05-31-2007, 10:56 AM
I once saw danielle sargent nekkid

Infidel Goat
05-31-2007, 11:39 AM
You failed to mention the 10 year old kid you trampled over to get it...

: )

I'll admit that I kept the first ball I caught--a batting practice home run.

The second one I got went to a little kid nearby.

Everyone from now on will go to the least obnoxious kid in my vacinity.

--Infidel Goat

rageeumr
05-31-2007, 11:50 AM
I've always wanted to get one, but I think I'm at the age now where I'm basically required to give it to a kid. Unless I'm drunk, then all bets are off.

Reerun_KC
05-31-2007, 11:53 AM

:hail:

DMAC
05-31-2007, 11:54 AM
It was probably pretty easy being as you were one of eighteen people there.

StcChief
05-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Good job. Ok who hit it?

I've been close.... a few times on bouncers 1st/3rd base side at Old Busch.

DJay23
05-31-2007, 12:00 PM
I'll admit that I kept the first ball I caught--a batting practice home run.

The second one I got went to a little kid nearby.

Everyone from now on will go to the least obnoxious kid in my vacinity.

--Infidel Goat
In my opinion, all grown men who catch foul balls at baseball games should give them to little kids. My dad caught a couple at Royals games when I was a kid, and who got 'em? Me. Now if it's a homerun ball, that's a little different, but seriously what are you going to do with that foul ball? Frame it with a little plaque that says, "The Ball the put Corey Patterson in a 1-2 count on May 30th, 2007."

ChiTown
05-31-2007, 12:07 PM
It was probably pretty easy being as you were one of eighteen people there.

:LOL:

OnTheWarpath15
05-31-2007, 12:13 PM

I've got a "K" ball that went over the net......

Several pucks at hockey games, all given to kids.

Closest I've ever came to a foul ball was at the K, ironically.

Sitting about 10 rows back, right behind third base. Pitch was fouled of off the club? windows a section over, bounced into the aisle of our section, and clipped my middle finger as it bounced over my head.

Kraus
05-31-2007, 12:34 PM
I had a George Brett foul ball land in the seat behind me when I was 5 or 6. The fatass behind me kept it for himself after he basically took it out of my dad's hands. Everybody around started cussing him out and chanting "give the kid the ball!"

Fatass still kept the damn thing. Pissed me off too because GB was my idol growing up.

Skyy God
05-31-2007, 12:58 PM
You're no Doug Flutie....

Ebolapox
05-31-2007, 03:07 PM
I caught a drumstick from some warmup band at a rock concert one time

Dunit35
05-31-2007, 03:22 PM
I had a George Brett foul ball land in the seat behind me when I was 5 or 6. The fatass behind me kept it for himself after he basically took it out of my dad's hands. Everybody around started cussing him out and chanting "give the kid the ball!"

Fatass still kept the damn thing. Pissed me off too because GB was my idol growing up.

What a dick. Someone should've kicked his ass.

My brother and I go to arcades when we are at a mall and dominate the games, usually ending up with a 100 or so tickets and give them to the nearest kid.

Dunit35
05-31-2007, 03:22 PM
I caught a drumstick from some warmup band at a rock concert one time

Did you frame it?

Ebolapox
05-31-2007, 03:28 PM
Did you frame it?

eh, it's sitting in my closet in a junk box somewhere actually

kc rush
05-31-2007, 03:36 PM
Yeah, I got my first foul ball 3 years ago under similar circumstances. It kind of bounced off a couple of people in front of me and landed at my feet. I had been going to multiple ball games per year for 20 years at that point, so my wait wasn’t as long as yours.

Of course I went to the game with a friend who used to usher at Royals games so he has dozens of BP balls.

CoMoChief
05-31-2007, 04:08 PM
Thats cool. I remember my first foul ball. I was about 9-10 yrs old and my dad used to work on Amtrak on the KC-STL route. He would leave at 3pm in the afternoon and get in STL around 8:30pm. In the summer sometimes when the Cards were in town we would go to the games after getting into STL and it'd be in the 6th inning or so but my dad was good friends with the gate attendants and they would just let us in for free. Back then I didn't hate the Cards like I do now, but baseball was my favorite sport so going to a MLB game with my dad was kinda neat. Anyways I remember catching a foul ball from Ron Gant. And yes I caught it in mid air too. Being a 9yr old allstar at the time can allow you to do those things. :)

"Bob" Dobbs
05-31-2007, 05:39 PM
THIS was back in the day. My dad & I were at the K, about 10 rows off the field behind 1st base. UL Washington SMACKED one straight at us. Hard. It really was in slow motion (for Dad too); as the ball got bigger & bigger, the hiss got louder and louder. First thought was "I'm gonna catch it"! Second thought was "No, I'm getting out of the way". I ducked, my dad ducked andthe ball hit the back of my seat and bounced back into the outfield. Didn't figure it was worth dying for.

petegz28
06-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Well just so that you the only kids around us had already left the game.

Chiefaholic
06-01-2007, 10:58 AM

I caught a ball in pregame warm ups when Janikowski missed wide right and straight to me. Unfortunatly, security told me I had to give the ball back.

teedubya
06-01-2007, 11:45 AM
I caught a Toronto Bluejays' Troy Glaus foulball last year on Bat day at the K.

My son got a bat and a ball that day at the K! Good times!

bogie
06-01-2007, 12:10 PM

I caught a foul ball and did just that. I gave it to a kid in front of me. I had a beer in my left hand and caught the ball in my right hand, didn't spill a drop. They put me on the jumbo screen. I gave the ball to a kid in front of me. He and his Dad were stoked.