PDA

View Full Version : finally someone in the media got it right.....

crazycoffey
06-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Sorry if repost, but I didn't see it anywhere.....

The part of the paragraph that's bolded, I haven't ever heard anywhere but on Chiefsplanet. Is GoChiefs really Pat Kirwan?

:LOL:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10203071
Pat Kirwan

"Trent Green (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1599) has reached a conditional contract with the Dolphins, but the Chiefs and Miami can't agree on the conditions of the trade. Right now, the Dolphins are not meeting the conditions for a trade that the Chiefs want and it is possible that Green could still wind up in a Chiefs uniform this fall. But don't be surprised if the Chiefs eventually agree to a deal that has a number of conditions staggered over the 2007 season based on production. If Green reaches a number of landmarks during the 2007 season, the compensation would rise. Heck, if Green starts all 16 games, the team has a winning record, he throws for 3,000 yards and makes the Pro Bowl, the Dolphins should be happy to surrender a first-day pick, let alone the fifth- or sixth-round pick that is being reported. The Chiefs get criticized for not being proactive but the truth is the Dolphins are the party that has to raise the conditions of the trade. Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson only has to sit by and wait at this point."

crazycoffey
06-01-2007, 11:28 AM
The Chiefs get criticized for not being proactive but the truth is the Dolphins are the party that has to raise the conditions of the trade. Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson only has to sit by and wait at this point

:clap:

Bill Lundberg
06-01-2007, 11:32 AM

Applauding your own posts. You are the epitome of the word Postwhore.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-01-2007, 11:35 AM

That's what I was thinking. What a loser!

crazycoffey
06-01-2007, 11:36 AM

is this the part you want me to dispute? I was trying to get it bumped without saying "Bump"

Micjones
06-01-2007, 11:36 AM
That's the wrong answer.

Because it doesn't take what's happening in Kansas City into consideration. This is becoming a distraction and it's silly to keep dragging this out.

Carl screwed up.

crazycoffey
06-01-2007, 11:48 AM
That's the wrong answer.

Because it doesn't take what's happening in Kansas City into consideration. This is becoming a distraction and it's silly to keep dragging this out.

Carl screwed up.

But it does take KC in consideration, give away something for nothing is not in the best interest of the chiefs. It's only a distraction here and in the media. Is Green staying and starting for us such a bad consulation prize?

StcChief
06-01-2007, 11:51 AM
yeah. Time is on our side. They Dolphins need him there to have good OTAs etc.....

Bill Lundberg
is this the part you want me to dispute? I was trying to get it bumped without saying "Bump"

No, it's indisputable. I find it funny and sad that you feel the need to bump your posts after 24 minutes of inactivity.

Micjones
No, but I don't think that's a viable option.
Green is behaving like a scorned ex-girlfriend and I doubt seriously if that's going to change.

So the best thing is to keep your young football team in mind and try not to create a monster in the lockerroom because you're playing high-stakes Poker.

Peterson played his hand wrong.
At what point do you come to terms with that and take the conditional 6th they're offering?

I don't think the Chiefs should get shafted in this deal either, but if that's how the cards were played... What can you do?

Pushead2

What a Tool

crazycoffey
06-01-2007, 11:56 AM
No, it's indisputable. I find it funny and sad that you feel the need to bump your posts after 24 minutes of inactivity.

What's "sad" is you think that word will influence me? You must live a hard life.....

I edited a few things in the OP, then did the bump, it was ready to be seen then. It so happens that Carlota posted a similar thread and it's getting all the talk, so what, I'll live / you're going to live / none of us are getting a band. I thought you were joking, so I joked back. Save your energy.

Wile_E_Coyote
06-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Two years from now after Trent Green announces his retirement. Except for a few, this off season will all be a vague memory.

Reerun_KC
06-01-2007, 12:01 PM

Post Whore....

crazycoffey
06-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Two years from now after Trent Green announces his retirement. Except for a few, this off season will all be a vague memory.

yup and the draft pick we make next year will be on our team when that retirement is announced. I see nothing wrong with trying for more than a 6, or even a conditional 6 to a 5. Seems really low for a starting QB, IMO

Hydrae
06-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Heck, if Green starts all 16 games, the team has a winning record, he throws for 3,000 yards and makes the Pro Bowl, the Dolphins should be happy to surrender a first-day pick, let alone the fifth- or sixth-round pick that is being reported.

Personally I thought that was the best line in the article. Could not agree with the sentiment more!

chop
06-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Green is behaving like a scorned ex-girlfriend and I doubt seriously if that's going to change.

So the best thing is to keep your young football team in mind and try not to create a monster in the lockerroom because you're playing high-stakes Poker.

At what point do you come to terms with that and take the conditional 6th they're offering?

I don't think the Chiefs should get shafted in this deal either, but if that's how the cards were played... What can you do?

So basically you want CP to set the precedent of allowing a player to dictate to the team what it gets in trade compensation. That is what Trent is trying to do. He is trying to cause enough of a distraction that the Chiefs will cave to his demands. If CP allows TG to do this, he will just be opening the door for others on the team to do the exact same thing. CP should just wait it out. The only thing he has to lose is a 6th round pick that he never really had in the first place.

el borracho
06-01-2007, 02:46 PM

Peterson is still playing his cards and I am glad because, to this point, we have nothing to lose (the Dolphins have offered nothing of real value). Even if we eventually cut Trent at the last instant and get nothing it is still a good bet to wait. Seriously, who cares about a 6th round pick?

Bugeater
06-01-2007, 02:47 PM
I agree. I'm not buying the whole "distraction" thing at this point. These things go on all the time, once the regular season starts no one is going to give a crap what happened in the off season.

sedated
06-01-2007, 03:15 PM

I hope everyone is learning that you are as much a loser as I always thought you were.

htismaqe
06-01-2007, 03:28 PM

Coffey didn't write it, Pat Kirwan did.

There's nothing wrong with him applauding Pat Kirwan.

crazycoffey
06-01-2007, 03:32 PM
I hope everyone is learning that you are as much a loser as I always thought you were.

:LOL: Now that's some funny chit.....

Bill Lundberg
06-01-2007, 03:45 PM

rad
06-01-2007, 05:30 PM

That's what I was thinking.....

rad
06-01-2007, 05:30 PM
That's what I was thinking.....

LOL!!!

REP!!!!

KcMizzou
06-01-2007, 06:02 PM
LOL!!!

REP!!!!
:hmmm:

rad
06-01-2007, 06:07 PM
:hmmm:

I was joking......you know, making a mockery, if you will, at CC's expense.

You see, CC applauded his own post, and in the spirit of that, I repped my....

.....Eh, nevermind.

KcMizzou
06-01-2007, 06:07 PM
I was joking......you know, making a mockery, if you will, at CC's expense.

You see, CC applauded his own post, and in the spirit of that, I repped my....

.....Eh, nevermind.Yeah, I got it.

(after I scrolled back a bit.) :D