PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs to be featured on HBO Hard Knocks

GoHuge
06-02-2007, 02:57 PM
This is my favorite show each year. Kick ass it will be on the Chiefs. Can't wait!

Chiefs to be featured in HBO's "Hard Knocks" this Summer
Jun 02, 2007, 3:17:34 PM

HBO Sports, in association with NFL Films and the Kansas City Chiefs, will provide an all-access look at what it takes to make it in the National Football League when HARD KNOCKS: TRAINING CAMP WITH THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS debuts in August. The first sports-based reality series - and one of the fastest-turnaround reality series - will return with its third season Wednesday, August 8th (9:00 PM - 10:00 PM Central Time), exclusively on HBO. Subsequent hour-long episodes will air each Wednesday at the same time, culminating with the season finale on Sept. 5, with encore replays on Thursdays.

“On behalf of the Hunt Family and the entire Kansas City Chiefs organization, we are extremely pleased to collaborate with HBO and NFL Films on this project,” Chiefs President Carl Peterson commented. “We view this as a tremendous opportunity to showcase our team, the entire Kansas City Chiefs organization and our fans to a national audience. This year will mark our 17th trip to the University of Wisconsin – River Falls. Training camp is a unique time in the life of an NFL franchise and many fans make the annual pilgrimage to Western Wisconsin to watch us practice. We look forward to sharing that experience with countless viewers this summer.”

“We are extremely excited that “Hard Knocks” will be returning this summer four NFL seasons after our last installment,” said Ross Greenburg, President of HBO Sports. “Our first two seasons with the Baltimore Ravens in 2001 and the Dallas Cowboys in 2002 gave our subscribers a truly unique experience of life inside an NFL training camp. This summer, HBO and NFL Films will team up with one of football’s most hallowed and storied organizations. With their dynamic head coach Herm Edwards and his roster of talent, the Kansas City Chiefs are a natural choice for this year’s program.”

“There are no scripts or retakes for us as filmmakers in a series like Hard Knocks,” said NFL Films President Steve Sabol. “Our cameras will be rolling from the time the players leave their families to the time the coach decides if they’re ‘in’ or ‘out.’ Chiefs training camp in River Falls is a throwback to the old training camps in the ‘60s and ‘70s and we look forward to taking the fans behind-the-scenes of one of the great franchises in professional sports.”

The five-week cinema verité series will focus on the players’ and coaches’ daily lives and routines as the Kansas City Chiefs, an organization steeped in tradition, build for their 2007 NFL season. HARD KNOCKS: TRAINING CAMP WITH THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS will follow second-year head coach Herm Edwards and an intriguing mix of veteran players, free agents and rookie hopefuls throughout training camp and the preseason schedule. Each week, viewers will watch as players experience drills, meetings, fun and struggle to prove that they have what it takes to make the team and make their mark in the NFL.

A 24-person NFL Films crew will live at the Chiefs training camp at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls, shooting more than 700 hours of video over the course of the series. Camera and sound crews will be given unencumbered access to the players’ and coaches’ meeting rooms, training rooms, dormitories and practice fields.

Stinger
06-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Wasn't this considered a jinx like the SI cover? Because the Ravens did this and their season tanked both years followed by the Cowboys who season tanked as well. If I remember right a couple of teams turned them down for various reasons.

TrickyNicky
06-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Nooooo, don't jinx our 8-8 season! :P

GoHuge
06-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Wasn't this considered a jinx like the SI cover? Because the Ravens did this and their season tanked both years followed by the Cowboys who season tanked as well. If I remember right a couple of teams turned them down for various reasons.Yeah now that I think about it Jamal Lewis tore his knee out and I remember Billick getting the phone call. The Cowboys team was going to suck that year anyway. At least we'll know exactly what is happening during camp.

Skyy God
06-02-2007, 03:14 PM
A whole month of well produced Chiefs training camp coverage? Killer.

dirk digler
06-02-2007, 03:28 PM
I don't have a HBO so hopefully someone will record this and share with all of us

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 03:30 PM
I don't have a HBO so hopefully someone will record this and share with all of us
Word.

OnTheWarpath15
06-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Even though the coverage will be a week or so behind, I guess this gives me a good excuse not to make the 9.5 hour drive to RF this year.....

unothadeal
06-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Same.

Tribal Warfare
06-02-2007, 03:33 PM

FYI for the uploaders, if YouTube pulls it their is also DailyMotion and LiveVideo.com

L.A. Chieffan
06-02-2007, 03:34 PM
WOW, this is awesome. I didn't expect this. Get ready for a lot of "OKAAAAAAAYYY"S and "THATS ALL RIIIIIIGHT"S

DTLB58
06-02-2007, 03:43 PM
I don't have HBO either, but for those 5 weeks I will.

Along with a new HD DIRECTV receiver for this NFL season.

WOO HOO :) Can't wait. :toast: This is sweet news PBJ PBJ

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
06-02-2007, 03:45 PM
This is great; now the whole world will get to see how inept the coaching staff and front office is for the Chiefs. Maybe it will kick start some changes!!!

unothadeal
06-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Maybe it will kick start some changes!!!
HA!

greg63
06-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Cool! Will anyone be providing a torrent for those of us who do not have HBO? :)

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
06-02-2007, 03:48 PM
HA!

Damn it!! Will you at least let me hope a little!!

:cuss:

dirk digler
06-02-2007, 03:51 PM
FYI for the uploaders, if YouTube pulls it their is also DailyMotion and LiveVideo.com

Thanks good to know

kcxiv
06-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Hopefully Dru comes through for us. I may have to get HBO for the 1 month though.

L.A. Chieffan
06-02-2007, 05:03 PM
I can't believe all you guys don't have HBO.
Sopranos, Wire, Curb your Enthusiasm, Da Ali G Show, Inside the NFL, etc..etc...
I don't even watch network TV crap. CBS, NBC, ABC can all eat a big dick

kcxiv
06-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Sopranos, Wire, Curb your Enthusiasm, Da Ali G Show, Inside the NFL, etc..etc...
ITs called torrents. I just download them, and watch them the next day. I dont know if anyone will be putting up a torrent of this nfl stuff.

Wile_E_Coyote
06-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Wow I bet Carl Peterson & Clark Hunt both need a cig after reading that verbal BJ

wazu
06-02-2007, 05:47 PM
This is great! I loved that show. The one they did with the Ravens was brilliant. Siragusa and Sharpe were pretty funny. I don't know this for sure, but I have to think that show was a huge boost to Siragusa's future career in broadcasting.

sedated
06-02-2007, 05:50 PM

you didn't even mention Entourage

Thig Lyfe
06-02-2007, 05:56 PM
you didn't even mention Entourage

Or Flight of the Conchords.

Logical
06-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Wasn't this considered a jinx like the SI cover? Because the Ravens did this and their season tanked both years followed by the Cowboys who season tanked as well. If I remember right a couple of teams turned them down for various reasons.

I don't think you can jinx a team that has not been to the SB in 37 years and has not won a playoff game in a decade.

Coach
06-02-2007, 06:16 PM
I don't think you can jinx a team that has not been to the SB in 37 years and has not won a playoff game in a decade.

True, but then the Cubs haven't won a WS since 1908, and they're getting jinxed almost all directions.

RealSNR
06-02-2007, 06:27 PM
I don't think you can jinx a team that has not been to the SB in 37 years and has not won a playoff game in a decade.That's like shooting someone in the foot and then punching them in the face to take their mind off the pain.

RealSNR
06-02-2007, 06:29 PM
This sucks. If HBO is so damn popular, why don't companies like DirecTV put it in their regular packages?

Damn it Carl!

Logical
06-02-2007, 06:36 PM
This sucks. If HBO is so damn popular, why don't companies like DirecTV put it in their regular packages?

Damn it Carl!

I believe it is because HBO charges them per subscriber instead of a flat rate like they pay ESPN as an example.

Easy 6
06-02-2007, 06:44 PM

That was my exact thought when i read that post, if anything, it should be an anti-jinx.

TrickyNicky
06-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Or Flight of the Conchords.
Or upcoming shows that will be epic like A Song of Ice and Fire and Preacher...

rad
06-02-2007, 07:29 PM
WOW, this is awesome. I didn't expect this. Get ready for a lot of "OKAAAAAAAYYY"S and "THATS ALL RIIIIIIGHT"S

Yes.

I propose nominating posters to count Hermisms. I'll take " ...at the end of the day...".

I will post the count after each show in the soon to come ***OFFICIAL*** Hard Knocks thread.

Someone needs to step up and take "let's not get this thing twisted"...

KurtCobain
06-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Someone needs to step up and take "let's not get this thing twisted"...

What kind of sick ****er can count that high?

Tribal Warfare
06-02-2007, 07:37 PM
to reiterate concerning the individuals who plan on uploading the show

GoHuge
06-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Well hopefully we'll learn some good things about some guys we didn't know. At the same time I'm sure some guys that we thought we liked will really annoy us.

If nothing else it will give LJ the chance to up his street cred after that awful video he did with the fat chick :shake:

I know we'll all really be jacked up for the season to start. It would be really fun to see Trentgate still going on when they air it.

Reaper16
06-02-2007, 10:12 PM
As long as someone uploads it to Dailymotion then I'm good. Nothing ever gets taken down from that site. It's a pro wrestling Godsend.

Mr. Laz
06-02-2007, 10:41 PM
i wonder how many Trent Green "trade me" speeches we will get to hear?

Nzoner
06-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Sweet HBO=no censoring Gunther,should be a plethora of F bombs

milkman
06-03-2007, 09:42 AM
Sweet HBO=no censoring Gunther,should be a plethora of F bombs

Herman ****ing Edwards doesn't allow off color language to be used by the players or coaches.

There was an article about it last year that pretty much singled out Gunt as the guy who would have the most difficulty adapting to Herman ****ing Edwards language policy.

Nzoner
06-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Herman ****ing Edwards doesn't allow off color language to be used by the players or coaches.

There was an article about it last year that pretty much singled out Gunt as the guy who would have the most difficulty adapting to Herman ****ing Edwards language policy.

Yeah,I remember that now,one more reason I don't care for Herm,I'm not saying a man has to cuss etc. but the game is emotional and if that's how a man expresses his emotion I say so be it.

blueballs
06-03-2007, 09:54 AM
the guest speakers should be interesting

FD
06-03-2007, 10:08 AM
This is gonna kick a**

OnTheWarpath15
06-03-2007, 10:19 AM
For those of you who haven't seen Tim Krumrie in action at camp, get ready.....

The verbal and physical abuse of our DL is extremely entertaining.

bdeg
06-03-2007, 10:21 AM
I know we'll all really be jacked up for the season to start. It would be really fun to see Trentgate still going on when they air it.
Oh god I really hope that's done by then. Not just for the good of the team, but that would obviously be the biggest story of camp and would eat up time. Noone wants to listen to Trent cry anymore.

Bob Dole
06-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Yeah,I remember that now,one more reason I don't care for Herm,I'm not saying a man has to cuss etc. but the game is emotional and if that's how a man expresses his emotion I say so be it.

**** YEAH!

JazzzLovr
06-03-2007, 02:20 PM
I enjoyed watching it the year they followed the Ravens.

My favorite episode was the one where they were interviewing Art Modell, who was sitting in his fancy golf cart, talking about what a wonderful addition to the team Elvis Grbac was going to be. About the time I was reaching for the remote so that I could stop listening to him heap praises on Grbac, a stray football whizzed by and nearly hit him.

Guess who threw the football? :LOL:

greg63
06-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Hopefully Dru comes through for us. I may have to get HBO for the 1 month though.

Kinda what I was thinking.

CoMoChief
06-04-2007, 06:07 PM
I can't wait for Gunther to start yelling and cussing in front of the cameras.

FloridaMan88
06-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Junior Siavii should have a cameo in this

crazycoffey
06-05-2007, 10:13 AM

yeah, maybe it will hit us in some bizzaro world and reverse the jinx, or teh Jixn.

htismaqe
06-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Junior Siavii should have a cameo in this

He's going to be on HBO's "Taxicab Confessions".

ROYC75
06-05-2007, 10:22 AM
He's going to be on HBO's "Taxicab Confessions".
ROFL .......... Nice.

SBK
06-05-2007, 04:00 PM
What about Sopcast?

Chief Pote
07-15-2007, 04:30 PM
24 days and 1.5 hours away. Damn...can't wait.

BigMeatballDave
07-15-2007, 04:35 PM
I cannot wait for this!

DenverChief
07-15-2007, 04:40 PM
I cannot wait for this!

yes you can and you will