PDA

View Full Version : My last 2 days

tommykat
06-02-2007, 09:24 PM
I spent the last 2 days at my Mom's house having a Estate sale, ( garage sale ). As I write this try to understand if you have not lost your parents or one of them... can you imagine seeing your whole life flash before you? You watch people taking things that you lived with your entire , saying I will give you a dime for this or that. I don't believe I have hurt so much seeing things go that you remembered from childhood. Seeing my Mothers wedding dress hanging there.....well, that was a killer. Imagine if you can, your worst nightmare.....well I just lived it. Sleep deprived from Thurday nite, went to bed at 12:00 and got up at 3:00 AM start putting stuff out by 4:00 AM. Sale to begin at 7:00, as my girlfiriend and I work our butts off putting and pulling tables out got it done about 6:45. Cool, right? Ahhh Chit.........10 to 7 it rained to beat all. About 3/4" of rain so fast....right grab the tables run the back in/out/in/out.....So today? Yep, again the same rain....Funny people had umbrellas looking under the tarps. Had to laugh, even tho inside I still was hurting. Where am I going with this?

LOVE YOUR MOM AND DAD please while you have them. They may drive you nuts to beat all,but one day this will happen to you. Thanks for letting me ramble.

Tommykat, Kathy

Phobia
06-02-2007, 09:27 PM
You wouldn't happen to have a cheese grater for sale?

Sounds rough. Hopefully you pulled in tons of dough to ease the pain. Be well.

Rain Man
06-02-2007, 09:29 PM
You know what they say. Behind every garage sale is a story.

Hope you're doing better.

Skip Towne
06-02-2007, 09:31 PM
TK, you never come on here anymore except with the doom and gloom. What's up with that?

milkman
06-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Sorry to hear about your parents TK.

Phobia
06-02-2007, 09:32 PM
TK, you never come on here anymore except with the doom and gloom. What's up with that?

Lots of doom and gloom lately. Hopefully things are getting better.

Skip Towne
06-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Lots of doom and gloom lately. Hopefully things are getting better.
Then we will never hear from TK again. I used to really enjoy her posts. Especially after 9 PM.

tommykat
06-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Then we will never hear from TK again. I used to really enjoy her posts. Especially after 9 PM.

Just deal with it skippy, hard times for me now. I will return in normal form soon I hope.

luv
06-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Keep that chin up, girl.

wutamess
06-02-2007, 10:05 PM
This is the 1st post of yours I've actually understood.
And it makes perfect sense and is REALLY underestimated advice.

Sorry for your loss.
Time heals all.

tommykat
06-02-2007, 10:41 PM
This is the 1st post of yours I've actually understood.
And it makes perfect sense and is REALLY underestimated advice.

Sorry for your loss.
Time heals all.

Thank you, and to Luv. Phob and a few understand that I am not as dumb :D as I play around here.

jAZ
06-02-2007, 10:47 PM
All the best TK. I have not had to experience it, but I was there with my mother as she was going through it with her Mom first, and more recently with her dad. She is single, I'm her only child and I was out here in Arizona.

For my mom, there was a lot of that "now I'm all alone" feeling. That was very hard. She's since moved out here to Tucson and that's helped. Life always goes on, and that helps too.

I wish you all the very best in taking care of yourself and getting to the point where you are able to move on.

tommykat
06-02-2007, 11:13 PM
All the best TK. I have not had to experience it, but I was there with my mother as she was going through it with her Mom first, and more recently with her dad. She is single, I'm her only child and I was out here in Arizona.

For my mom, there was a lot of that "now I'm all alone" feeling. That was very hard. She's since moved out here to Tucson and that's helped. Life always goes on, and that helps too.

I wish you all the very best in taking care of yourself and getting to the point where you are able to move on.

Thank you, that was so kind. As you lose a spouse or in my case parents you realize we are not that inmortal? person. Then we realize that we are next to go. Anyway, doing OK, thanks again for your kind reply.

Logical
06-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Kathy,

Deepest sympathy for your pain. Pick a few key items that hold cherished memories and keep them. No amount of money will replace those memories.

Jim

BIG K
06-03-2007, 12:19 AM
Hey TK,

I am so sorry about things right now for you. I understand your pain and I am so sorry.. There was nothing worse than condensing my wifes's life into 10 banker boxes....Pictures, memorabilla and little things, you know..I donated all Her clothes and tangaible things to the local womens shelter. When all was said and done, we have(my daughter and I) have 10 banker boxes to define my wifes life...seems stupid given her impact on everyone around her. Unlike you, I have never lost a parent and can't fully understand your pain...I can tell you though, since your message, I will call my parents daily and tell them how much I love them.....

Simplex3
06-03-2007, 07:54 AM
TK,

Sorry for your loss. Just remember that the things didn't define the person, the person defined the things. Without that person those items are just things. You're the one who is in sole possession of your memories, from now until you die.

Lzen
06-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Skip, can you stop being an ass, please? Or at least just don't reply to this kind of thread if you can't resist.

TK,
Sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how tough it is. I do know it was very tough losing my grandparents. Like roger said, your advice makes a lot of sense. I know I should try to spend more time with my folks, especially since I know my dad doesn't have long. My wife is always reminding me of that fact.

Keep your spirits. You will get to feeling better.

Hydrae
06-03-2007, 10:29 AM
My wife lost her mother last week so we have been going through some of what you are talking about. You look around after the fact and it doesn't seem right that these few things are all that is left. It was rather amazing though to see all the relatives gather near the end though and set aside their differences and band together as the family they really are.

Otter
06-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Sorry for your loss TK.

Start bringing some positives into your life now that it's over. Take the dog for a walk on a scenic trail of Missouri that you never been to before. Don't own a dog? Get a puppy. Take classes and learn something new or refine a subject you already know. Start working out.

Or whatever the hell blows your hair back...just make sure there are positive things coming in or it's gonna be all negative.

Make sense?

ROYC75
06-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Kathy,

Deepest sympathy for your pain. Pick a few key items that hold cherished memories and keep them. No amount of money will replace those memories.

Jim

Agree with Jim, the best way to remember the good and let time heal the bad.

TK, it sucks knowing the setimental value weighs more that the actual dollar value to a garage sale crowd, which is what you get in an estate sale.

Hang tough, just remember the good times .

Simplex3
06-03-2007, 11:25 AM
It was rather amazing though to see all the relatives gather near the end though and set aside their differences and band together as the family they really are.
Heh. You were lucky. When my grandmother died my aunt cleaned out my grandmother's bank account, stole her car and skipped town while everyone was at the funeral.

|Zach|
06-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Heh. You were lucky. When my grandmother died my aunt cleaned out my grandmother's bank account, stole her car and skipped town while everyone was at the funeral.
Jesus, for real?

blueballs
06-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Hopefully something will happen to snap your life into some what normalcy again. For me it was at the funeral. I leaned over and kissed them on the forehead and that broke the grief. When my lips hit that cold skin, I knew the parent I loved was gone. This was just a shell. They were in a better place now.

Sadly, remembering the face fades. But on occasion I will smell a smell that will remind me of them. A smell that has no logical reason to be there at that place and time. Strangely it comforts me instead of freaking me out.

May you find your peace

milkman
06-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Not to make light of TK's loss, but why does "Funeral" start with "Fun"?

Chief Henry
06-03-2007, 11:49 AM
TK,

I dread the thought of my mother dying some day.
She's 80 and in good health. Gods Blessings to you and your family. Life sure isn't easy and fair.

Phobia
06-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Hopefully something will happen to snap your life into some what normalcy again. For me it was at the funeral. I leaned over and kissed them on the forehead and that broke the grief. When my lips hit that cold skin, I knew the parent I loved was gone. This was just a shell. They were in a better place now.

Sadly, remembering the face fades. But on occasion I will smell a smell that will remind me of them. A smell that has no logical reason to be there at that place and time. Strangely it comforts me instead of freaking me out.

May you find your peace

More of these posts and less of the goofy, senseless schtick.

Stewie
06-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Sorry TK. I lost both my parents within 18 months of each other when I was in my 20s. That was a long time ago, but I still miss them.

Hang in there. Time does heal, and remember the good times.

boogblaster
06-03-2007, 02:13 PM
TK sorry for you...life has many travels some really suck ......

dirk digler
06-03-2007, 02:24 PM
TK,

Sorry for your loss. Just remember that the things didn't define the person, the person defined the things. Without that person those items are just things. You're the one who is in sole possession of your memories, from now until you die.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I am very sorry for your loss TK and I wish you and your family all the best.

tommykat
06-03-2007, 09:09 PM
TK,

You are so correct. Today I had to bag up all the things left that did not sale. That was tuff, but nothing compared to seeing all packed and the house empty. I still see all of the furniture etc there. The worst part? My brother and his wife took most all the stuff worth everything. AGAIN, just stuff. I understand that. When leaving I asked my brother for a hug. He couldn't do that. He will not cry as he said if I do then I will break and I will not do that. I feel for him. I broke and in a bad way, however I am strong now. My Mom told me that I was strong just like her when she was sick. She told me I would have to be the one to do it......I told her "Mom" I'm not strong like you. When cleaning out her clothes I cried and heard her saying " see baby I told you that you were strong".

Enough, thank you to all for your prayers and thoughts.

Kat

listopencil
06-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Hey, TK. Nice to see you posting again. When my father died I really learned that everybody grieves differently. I'm the youngest of five and we all did our own things. Just love your bother. Hang tough, I'll see you around.

Phobia
06-03-2007, 11:07 PM
When I first saw this thread, I figured TK was gonna need help planning her final days, Sunday and Monday.

If I'm ever given two days to live, I want it to be a Saturday and a Wednesday.

el borracho
06-03-2007, 11:48 PM
When I first saw this thread, I figured TK was gonna need help planning her final days, Sunday and Monday.

If I'm ever given two days to live, I want it to be a Saturday and a Wednesday.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c9/Goya_-_Saturno_devorando_a_su_hijo.jpg/200px-Goya_-_Saturno_devorando_a_su_hijo.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1d/Georg_von_Rosen_-_Oden_som_vandringsman%2C_1886_%28Odin%2C_the_Wanderer%29.jpg/180px-Georg_von_Rosen_-_Oden_som_vandringsman%2C_1886_%28Odin%2C_the_Wanderer%29.jpg