PDA

View Full Version : PROMOTION!!

BIG K
06-02-2007, 11:11 PM
It is not often that one gets to actually do what one really wants to do for a living and love it. Count me as one of those fortunate few. I was able to live my dream career for twelve years. Suddenly however, my wife died and I had choices to make. Continue with my dream career, with the graveyard shifts and hazerdous environment where my then 2 year old daughter was being raised by everyone BUT me, or make a leap of faith and change careers to better take of my daughter...I chose to be a father and put my career aside...

Two years later, I was working for a great company, however without benefits and I was not full time. Last Tuesday, I was promoted to full time with full benefits and retirement!!! As I said, it is not often that one gets to fulfill their dream career. I have been so fortunate that I did that AND I am starting a new career that I love as much as the first! How cool is that? I feel like a youngster again starting from scratch...Monday through Friday, 7-3.....My little girl is so gonna appreciate that!!!!

Sorry, just wanted to share that....... :p

Phobia
06-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Congrats to you. You're a good father, no doubt about that.

Deberg_1990
06-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Congrats. Thats awesume.

BIG K
06-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Congrats to you. You're a good father, no doubt about that.

Thank you Phil...As you know, it has been a long time coming... :)

TrickyNicky
06-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Good on ya.

Just out of curiousity, what was your dream career?

tommykat
06-02-2007, 11:22 PM
That just made my day worth everything I sobbed about. Congrads. :clap:

Rain Man
06-02-2007, 11:22 PM
So YOU'RE the guy who brushes the sand of the supermodels when they're doing photo shoots on the beach. Congratulations.

BigMeatballDave
06-02-2007, 11:29 PM
That is awesome! Congrats!

Mr. Flopnuts
06-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Sorry to hear about your wife. I don't know what I'd do if I lost mine. Congratulations on your promotion. You deserve every perk that life has to offer you at this point.

BIG K
06-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Good on ya.

Just out of curiousity, what was your dream career?

Much to everyone's dismay, I am sure, I was a Sheriff for 12 years. I loved it and I was good at it. I was not your normal 'cop'. I gave everyone respect from the get go until they proved to me that they did not deserve my respect. I was NEVER one of those 'badge heavy' assholes who had something to prove...

Fast forward two years, I now work for a local energy company and am loving every minute of it....So does my beautiful little daughter.... :)

Life CAN be good, ya know?

Easy 6
06-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Wow Big K, somewhere between Heaven & Hell, my very best to you.

I guess the only good news, is that there will always be a beautiful girl hanging on your every word.

God bless you dude.

ClevelandBronco
06-03-2007, 01:03 AM
It is not often that one gets to actually do what one really wants to do for a living and love it. Count me as one of those fortunate few. I was able to live my dream career for twelve years. Suddenly however, my wife died and I had choices to make. Continue with my dream career, with the graveyard shifts and hazerdous environment where my then 2 year old daughter was being raised by everyone BUT me, or make a leap of faith and change careers to better take of my daughter...I chose to be a father and put my career aside...

Two years later, I was working for a great company, however without benefits and I was not full time. Last Tuesday, I was promoted to full time with full benefits and retirement!!! As I said, it is not often that one gets to fulfill their dream career. I have been so fortunate that I did that AND I am starting a new career that I love as much as the first! How cool is that? I feel like a youngster again starting from scratch...Monday through Friday, 7-3.....My little girl is so gonna appreciate that!!!!

YES!

You, sir, are what a man and a father should be. I happy you're being rewarded for doing the right thing under circumstances that I can't even imagine.

Gracie Dean
06-03-2007, 01:29 AM

Wow, AWESOME>>>

wondered what had happened to you

Anyong Bluth
06-03-2007, 01:36 AM
I applaud you in your taking a chance to afford you more time to spend w/ your daughter. Not many would have the balls to do that. Congrats, and I wish only the best for you- which seems to be panning out.

Logical
06-03-2007, 02:05 AM
Seems you made the right decision and now it is being rewarded. Genuine congratulations.

greg63
06-03-2007, 02:16 AM
Absolutely awesome my friend! Congrats! :toast:

milkman
06-03-2007, 07:48 AM
Hell, I thought you were just a lazy ass that didn't want to work.

:p

Congrats K.

When are you moving?