PDA

View Full Version : how do we feel about Samie Parker...

Hootie
06-03-2007, 06:12 PM
returning punts?

Sick.

Kris Wilson reportedly is going to play fullback full-time this year...people are comparing Kolby Smith to Kimble Anders...Allan is reportedly a "lock" to make the team...Webb and Bowe are ahead of Parker on the depth charts...Wesley is backup FS to Page and Pollard is locked in as starter at SS...

BigMeatballDave
06-03-2007, 06:40 PM
I thought Boomer was going to be fullback? Hopefully, the other recievers play well enough so we can cut Parker...

Coach
06-03-2007, 06:46 PM
I thought Boomer was going to be fullback? Hopefully, the other recievers play well enough so we can cut Parker...

Eh, making the transition from a LB to a FB is quite a challenge. Perhaps that the Chiefs thought Boomer at FB wasn't a good idea to begin with, or that they're in no hurry to at least develop him.

Either way, it's the right decision, and that Wilson should be the starting FB.

BigMeatballDave
06-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Either way, it's the right decision, and that Wilson should be the starting FB.I agree.

morphius
06-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Wilson should be on the depth chart higher, switch from TE to FB is more natural then LB to FB. I still haven't seen great blocking by Wilson, so either hopefully he improves, or hopefully Boomer beats him out. Of course if Wilson could block he could have been a TE...

Parker, eh, I have given up on him. I thought he came back looking great after his injury a couple years ago, but then followed it up with a season where he reverted back to the guy who hopefully finds his way off the roster soon. He may soon be close to Hicks, one of those guys that I know we are not very good at that position if he is still on the squad.

percysnow
06-03-2007, 07:27 PM
is it wrong that i want sammie parker to die in a car crash in which his buttery hands slip from the wheel?

Deberg_1990
06-03-2007, 07:32 PM
is it wrong that i want sammie parker to die in a car crash in which his buttery hands slip from the wheel?

He was only a 4th round pick.....and performed like one. I dont hate him like others do on this board.

morphius
06-03-2007, 07:41 PM
He was only a 4th round pick.....and performed like one. I dont hate him like others do on this board.
I don't hate him, I just have given up on him being someone who should play in the NFL.

Mr. Laz
06-03-2007, 07:42 PM
he had a couple more drops in the practice they showed on NFL Network.

crazycoffey
06-03-2007, 07:43 PM
I gotta take a shit...
oh, that's another thread.

Sammie, returning punts? ah, I don't think I like it.
wilson at FB = smart move. so does Boomer at FB, but on Third and short, more power than wilson maybe?

ChiefsCountry
06-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Parker was a 4th round pick who should have been a slot receiver not a starter. Chiefs lack of a #1 WR or even a #2 caused his problems.

Wilson I thought did a good job as the fullback/h-back last season. Boomer is going to be the backup and special teams guy, which is fine. I never thought he would be a starter anyways.

Deberg_1990
06-03-2007, 07:46 PM
I don't hate him, I just have given up on him being someone who should play in the NFL.

IM guessing the Chiefs have as well. Wouldnt surprise me if he got cut in camp.

Kclee
06-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Either way, it's the right decision, and that Wilson should be the starting FB.

I'm guessing Boomer would be short yardage and goal line FB.

crazycoffey
06-03-2007, 07:51 PM
I'm guessing Boomer would be short yardage and goal line FB.

Is there an echo in here, in here, here?

morphius
06-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Parker was a 4th round pick who should have been a slot receiver not a starter. Chiefs lack of a #1 WR or even a #2 caused his problems.

I wouldn't agree, he never did get a lot of opportunities, just like a slot WR, and he still dropped the ball too much.

crazycoffey
06-03-2007, 08:21 PM
I wouldn't agree, he never did get a lot of opportunities, just like a slot WR, and he still dropped the ball too much.

not bad, your are right, he's just not cut out to be a 2nd reciever, he dropped a few, but he made a few too. I won't be surprised or disappointed to see him gone.

BWillie
06-03-2007, 08:27 PM
What is Snoop Minnis doin' these days?

morphius
06-03-2007, 08:29 PM
What is Snoop Minnis doin' these days?
making his way through the newest series of Dick and Jane books.

Buehler445
06-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Parker is what he is. He didn't play well. Lots of people don't. It is just frustrating. I don't know if he can return kicks. He seems to have the speed to do it, but I would worry about his hands. I also haven't seen him take any big hits. I don't know if he would be good. I know, though, that he did not play well as a #2 reciever.

blueballs
06-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Hootie reportedly stopped wearing a bra
because Huard kept fumbling the snap

sedated
06-03-2007, 09:00 PM
If a guy can't catch a pass, why would we want to risk having him attempt to catch a punt?

Direckshun
06-03-2007, 10:13 PM
If a guy can't catch a pass, why would we want to risk having him attempt to catch a punt?
That's my logic.

For the record, to answer Buehler445, Parker has taken plenty of big hits, and he almost always springs up. But he subjects himself to those hits usually on catch-and-runs, because he has poor vision of the field when he's taking off -- not exactly the guy you want returning kicks.

htismaqe
06-04-2007, 08:21 AM
Wilson should be on the depth chart higher, switch from TE to FB is more natural then LB to FB.[/morphius]

Yep.

[quote=morphius]I still haven't seen great blocking by Wilson, so either hopefully he improves, or hopefully Boomer beats him out.

Yep.

Of course if Wilson could block he could have been a TE...

Yep.

Reerun_KC
06-04-2007, 08:25 AM
He reminds me of Joe Horn... yeah and okay player for the Chiefs, Pro-Bowler else where...

Sammie Parkers needs a change of scenery; He has all the tools, just needs a change...

Pushead2
06-04-2007, 08:30 AM
Im happy if he left......

HemiEd
06-04-2007, 08:33 AM
He reminds me of Joe Horn... yeah and okay player for the Chiefs, Pro-Bowler else where...

Sammie Parkers needs a change of scenery; He has all the tools, just needs a change...

I thought catching the ball was one of the fundamental tools? He is one of the DV players that I wish Herm would cut.
We could have a young star receiver on the squad, we know it is not Samie Parker.

Reerun_KC
06-04-2007, 08:37 AM
I thought catching the ball was one of the fundamental tools? He is one of the DV players that I wish Herm would cut.
We could have a young star receiver on the squad, we know it is not Samie Parker.

Agree, He needs to move on to a fresh start... Horn had trouble catching the ball here as well...

Deberg_1990
06-04-2007, 08:38 AM

hahahahahaha

No, your wrong.

Parker is average. Nothing more, nothing less.

Reerun_KC
06-04-2007, 08:42 AM
hahahahahaha

No, your wrong.

Parker is average. Nothing more, nothing less.

Its called an opinion.... I could be wrong... So what?

SithCeNtZ
06-04-2007, 08:45 AM

If the dude would act like a fourth round pick instead of celebrating after every catch like he just caught the Super Bowl winning TD, I think he would recieve more support from the board.

Chiefnj
06-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Webb and Bowe are ahead of Parker on the depth charts...Wesley is backup FS to Page and Pollard is locked in as starter at SS...

Is there an updated depth chart available? Or, is this based on who was playing with the first team at camp?

Buehler445
06-04-2007, 09:01 AM
That's my logic.

For the record, to answer Buehler445, Parker has taken plenty of big hits, and he almost always springs up. But he subjects himself to those hits usually on catch-and-runs, because he has poor vision of the field when he's taking off -- not exactly the guy you want returning kicks.

Good thoughts, thanks. I don't think it would be a bad deal to have Webb continue to do it, unless he is the number 1 or 2 reciever. Even then, if you look at Lawrence Marooney or Maruice Jones-Drew, who got significant playing time at NE and Jacksonville respectively, but still were very effective returning kicks and punts.

jidar
06-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Parker has had a ton of drops and there is no denying that he left a lot to be desired and maybe should go somewhere else.

That said he does have the tools as he's shown flashes of brilliance. He's made a few catches that were very very nice.

As it stands though, I'd like to see someone else come up and give it a shot. You can't spend 5 years developing a guy in the NFL.

StcChief
06-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Don't be hating on Boomer. He will be the short yardage blocker for LJ. Wilson FB yeah on passing downs.

Hopefully LJ will learn to catch as well.

Pushead2
06-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Hopefully LJ will learn to catch as well.

We can only hope.

Buehler445
06-04-2007, 10:58 AM
So does anyone know what the staff thinks about Boomer developing into an LB, or is he destined for special teams/fullback?

TRR
06-04-2007, 11:11 AM
If the dude would act like a fourth round pick instead of celebrating after every catch like he just caught the Super Bowl winning TD, I think he would recieve more support from the board.

Samie Parker could care less if he gets support from this board or not. I tihnk he brings excitement to the field, and if you haven't noticed, almost every WR in the league does it now days.

Parker is a slot receiver. He was forced into being a #2 (just like Snoop Minnis was), and never capitalized on it. I would wait to judge Parker until I see him for an entire season as a slot WR...Where he belongs IMHO.

StcChief
06-04-2007, 11:17 AM
So does anyone know what the staff thinks about Boomer developing into an LB, or is he destined for special teams/fullback? IMO.
Jury likely still out.... by the end of summer or first part of season will likely know more, if Boomer makes this transition and the Solari can effectively use him, Smith? and Wilson as FBs.

Reerun_KC
06-04-2007, 11:18 AM
IMO.
Jury likely still out.... by the end of summer or first part of season will likely know more, if Boomer makes this transition and the Solari can effectively use him, Smith? and Wilson as FBs.

wishbone?