PDA

View Full Version : Thuman accused of assault

Mr. Laz
06-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Thurman accused of assault
Suspended Bengals LB allegedly kicked, hit two men

Posted: Tuesday June 5, 2007 3:22PM; Updated: Tuesday June 5, 2007 3:29PM

CINCINNATI (AP) -- Suspended Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman has been accused of kicking and hitting two men in his Georgia hometown during the weekend. He has not been charged with a crime, but a magistrate will hear testimony Friday to determine if charges should be filed.

The NFL suspended Thurman for the first four games of 2006 after he skipped a drug test. The suspension was extended to a full season following his arrest on a drunken driving charge in September. Thurman is one of nine Cincinnati players to be arrested in the past year.

Two men filed a complaint Sunday with police in Monticello, Ga., southeast of Atlanta, accusing Thurman of assaulting them early Sunday following an argument at a home, Jasper County Chief Magistrate Ken Jackson said Tuesday. The men accused Thurman's brother, Willie Thurman, of threatening them with a gun.

Because the allegations were not reported quickly and police were unable to conduct an immediate investigation, Jackson said, a county magistrate will hear testimony Friday to determine if anyone should be charged.

Messages seeking comment were left with Odell Thurman's agent and with the NFL.

Thurman pleaded no contest to the drunken driving charge in February. Last Friday, a judge in Cincinnati suspended all but six days of a 90-day sentence and ordered Thurman to serve those six days at a treatment center.

Thurman played two seasons at Georgia and was drafted by Cincinnati in the second round of the 2005 draft. He led the Bengals in tackles that season with 148.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/06/05/bc.fbn.bengals.thurman.ap/index.html

Reerun_KC
06-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Dude, that team has been on complete meltdown for some time now.. When will it all end?

the Talking Can
06-05-2007, 06:28 PM
do they put crack in the team Gatorade?

kstater
06-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Well PacMan will have some company this year. Maybe those two can buy a pitbull and head to Virginia.

Rain Man
06-05-2007, 06:36 PM
In other news, the Cincinnati Bengals have changed their name to the Cincinnati Crips.

Eleazar
06-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Talk about pissing away draft picks, this guy was a first rounder and might end up suspended 2 years in a row? Surely the new suspension won't be shorter than the last one.

Mecca
06-05-2007, 07:52 PM
2nd rounder..........he was a first round talent that fell due to issues.......

Both of his parents had died by the time he was 18 I believe that tends to cause problems for anyone.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-05-2007, 07:56 PM
In other news, the Cincinnati Bengals have changed their name to the Cincinnati Crips.
I was just thinking they should trade places with the Raiders. Oakland looks like a bunch of girl scouts up against these guys. Come to think of it... Oakland looks like a bunch of girl scouts anyway.

Rain Man
06-05-2007, 08:00 PM
I was just thinking they should trade places with the Raiders. Oakland looks like a bunch of girl scouts up against these guys. Come to think of it... Oakland looks like a bunch of girl scouts anyway.

"Hi. I'm Randy Moss. Would you like some thin mints?"

Eleazar
06-05-2007, 08:07 PM
2nd rounder..........he was a first round talent that fell due to issues.......

Both of his parents had died by the time he was 18 I believe that tends to cause problems for anyone.

I can't believe you are making excuses for a player who doesn't know how to stay out of jail. Really. I'm shocked.

ROYC75
06-05-2007, 08:40 PM
And the " hits " just keep on coming in Cincy ........... :shake:

Mecca
06-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Not really making an excuse just saying everyone knew he had issues before he had ever been drafted.