PDA

View Full Version : Does this apply to Larry Johnson in 2008?

orange
06-08-2007, 02:42 AM
I noticed this little bit buried in an article on offseason moves (my emphasis):

"Pass-rushers rarely hit the free agent market. Kerney voided the final two years of his deal with the Falcons and hit the open market. Because Kerney's contract wasn't expiring, the Falcons couldn't use their franchise tag on him."

This could change things dramatically for the Chiefs, don't you think?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2893751

SPchief
06-08-2007, 02:51 AM
This could change things dramatically for the Chiefs, don't you think?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2893751

Ummm, no. I'm thinking that Carl atleast has some idea of what he is doing.

orange
06-08-2007, 03:05 AM
Yeah, but do the people discussing it here know anything? As in, "is franchising LJ really a possibility." I haven't heard of the Chiefs threatening it, only ChiefsPlanet posters.

Your answer, for example, is totally non-specific. Have you actually heard or read anything out of the Chiefs organization about possibly franchising him?

[Edit] I should have said "this would really change the discussion about what the Chiefs should do."

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-08-2007, 04:34 AM
Yeah, but do the people discussing it here know anything? As in, "is franchising LJ really a possibility." I haven't heard of the Chiefs threatening it, only ChiefsPlanet posters.

Your answer, for example, is totally non-specific. Have you actually heard or read anything out of the Chiefs organization about possibly franchising him?

[Edit] I should have said "this would really change the discussion about what the Chiefs should do."

You can only franchise people whose contracts have expired. The point is not to lose them as FREE AGENTS, dumbass.

Pushead2
06-08-2007, 05:40 AM
Just help out LJ alil.

trndobrd
06-08-2007, 06:42 AM
You can only franchise people whose contracts have expired. The point is not to lose them as FREE AGENTS, dumbass.

There isn't anything prohibiting a team from franchising a player currently under contract. As long as Matt Millen remains an NFL General Manager, the possibility exists.

GoHuge
06-08-2007, 07:08 AM
Yesterday on Petro's show CP said he hoped to have Larry's deal done by training camp. Take that for what it's worth.

He also said that if Jared Allen could be a good boy and bring it on the field this year they would do their best to "compensate" him at that point.

blueballs
06-08-2007, 07:17 AM
orange you glad
you use Dial

tyton75
06-08-2007, 07:22 AM
PILE ON THE N00B!!! lol