PDA

View Full Version : I Just Helped The Cops Catch A Burglar

Bwana
06-09-2007, 03:16 AM
I have way to much adrenaline right now to sleep.

2 AM: I’m laying there in bed having a hard time falling asleep. I figured I would get up and get a glass of water and walk around the house for a few minutes. I look outside and I see one of my motion detector lights go off. No problem I was thinking at first, just the mastiff or Labrador walking around. After a few seconds I remember I have them both in their kennel, so it had to be "someone" that set it off. A split second later, I see some guy in a white shirt go along the side of my yard and hide behind my truck. I ran abound the corner and grabbed my Glock 20 with the night sights and the laser. I could see a little movement so I hit the laser and put it on the only part of his body I could see, which was his leg. All I could hear was “F*ck!, Oh my God!!” and he bolts off to the neighbors yard and vanished into his backyard. To do this, he had to go past part of the fence where my dogs could see him and they are going nuts.

About this time, I see a cop spotlighting in the front of my house with two guys on the ground. I yelled "hey, you have one back here" He has to wait for his partner to get there and comes to the back of my house. He asked where he was and I told him that there was only two ways out of my neighbors yard, just follow the dog barks.

I told him I would watch one six foot exit if he wanted to go the other way. I also told him, "remember, the good guy is wearing the black shirt, (me) the bad guy is wearing the white shirt." I then ran around the back and let the dogs out in my back yard, so he couldn't cut through there.

The cop heads back and was there about 30 seconds when I here a "STOP!" I hear footsteps running and before I knew what was going on, hood boy in the white shirt was about 10 feet away running right at me. Out of instinct, I got low, came up and gave him a hockey check into the neighbors house. I then jumped on him and put him into a hap ki do arm bar with my knee in his back until the cop got there and cuffed him up.

Two things surprised me about this "ordeal." One, when the cop marched the clown past the fence, my mastiff, had a low growl and was showing teeth looking at the burglar. He had seen what went on with me wrestling around and wanted to take a steak out of the punk. This was surprising because he had never done anything like that and is laid back, which is a good thing because he goes about 210 pounds and is built like a freight train.

The other thing that surprised me was the fact that throughout all this noise, lights yelling, barking, body checking and so on, my wife never did wake up until after the cops took the guys away.

It turns out there were three of them and had broke into a house about a block away and boosted a bunch of goods. I'm thinking it may be a couple of hours before I will be able to sleep if at all again tonight and that I'm getting to old for this crap. :shake:

big nasty kcnut
06-09-2007, 03:38 AM
Great job it's alway a exciting thing to stop the bad guys.

RedDread
06-09-2007, 03:38 AM
awesome catch :clap:

DenverChief
06-09-2007, 03:57 AM
:clap:

ChiefFan31
06-09-2007, 04:19 AM
Nice one. That makes a good story too. Seems like you see a lot of action up in Montana.

C-Mac
06-09-2007, 05:09 AM
No way..... :clap:

mikey23545
06-09-2007, 05:44 AM
WTF kind of area do you live in, anyway? Seems like every other week you're telling a story about fighting the Forces of Evil....

Good work fighting for side of Justice!

the Talking Can
06-09-2007, 05:57 AM
The cop heads back and was there about 30 seconds when I here a "STOP!" I hear footsteps running and before I knew what was going on, hood boy in the white shirt was about 10 feet away running right at me. Out of instinct, I got low, came up and gave him a hockey check into the neighbors house. I then jumped on him and put him into a hap ki do arm bar with my knee in his back until the cop got there and cuffed him up.

dude, you are Steve Segal

sweet

Phobia
06-09-2007, 06:10 AM
I then jumped on him and put him into a hap ki do arm bar with my knee in his back.

That's gotta be either Oriental or Homosexual and I don't see no slanty eyes, Greg.

06-09-2007, 06:35 AM
Good job, Bwana!

That's some hairy shit!

This reminded me of that opening scene from Commando with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Baby Lee
06-09-2007, 06:49 AM
WTF kind of area do you live in, anyway? Seems like every other week you're telling a story about fighting the Forces of Evil....

Good work fighting for side of Justice!
No shit. I'm sitting here checking the date of posts, verifying that the radio broadcast in the background is for today [June 9, 2007], because I SWEAR I've read the same thread [and responses] a month or so ago.

crazycoffey
06-09-2007, 06:50 AM
I miss that adrenaline dump, very addictive....

Anyway, cool story, thanks for sharing. My guess is about 10 minutes after he hit submit, he crashed from that high and fell over in his chair or couch, where ever he has his internet access.

Iowanian
06-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Bwana could fart in Rich Scanlon's mouth and make him say thank you.

Kerberos
06-09-2007, 06:59 AM
I bet that stupid bastard just about shit his pants when he saw a laser dot on his leg.

Great read. Should we just call you Buford Pusser from now on?

trndobrd
06-09-2007, 08:08 AM
I hope you learned your lesson. Next time shoot him in the leg first and save yourself a lot of running around.

Rooster
06-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Bwana could fart in Rich Scanlon's mouth and make him say thank you.
ROFL ROFL

Awesome story.... Justice served.....

FAX
06-09-2007, 08:35 AM
A hap ki do arm bar?

I gotta get me one of those.

FAX

CoMoChief
06-09-2007, 08:44 AM
One night I was sleeping and I heard this loud banging on our front door at our duplex at my old place. It woke me and my roomate up that lives in the room next to me upstairs. I got my gun and we didn't turn on any lights and crept downstairs. My roomate opened the door and i shoved the barrell right in his face and he froze like a ghost. This guy was in his upper 30's or lower 40's. Little scronny pOs. We called the cops and I just held him there at gun point and told him not to move or I was gonna blow his head off. Cops got there and arrested him and said that this was the 2nd they've caught the guy. Had a lot of adrenaline so I stayed up and played Madden online.

Bowser
06-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Hey Bwana? I've got these guys that owe me some money, and was wonderin' if you could help me out......

unothadeal
06-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Did you get a thank you?

Bwana
06-09-2007, 09:08 AM
The cops just left.....again. It would seem they came to print the door handle of my truck and they plan to throw a bonus charge on Jr. for attempted break-in of a vehicle?? He was messing around the bushes by the side of my truck, he tried to get in to hide just before I gave him the red "death dot." He was also re-searching the area for drugs and any kind of evidence.

The cop was very grateful this morning and told me they suspect these guys in other crimes around the area. As for me, like I said, I'm getting to old for this crap. At least that's what my left shoulder is telling me today.

:spock:

kcfan82
06-09-2007, 09:12 AM
You guys are making me want to go out to Cabellas and buy a gun today.

Bowser
06-09-2007, 09:13 AM
You guys are making me want to go out to Cabellas and buy a gun today.

This hatred of Mizzou is not worth killing yourself.

Otter
06-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Good job my man.

If that would have been the city cops here I all but guarantee they would have spent 15 minutes taking your gun away and going over your ID while the burglar got away.

kcfan82
06-09-2007, 09:18 AM
This hatred of Mizzou is not worth killing yourself.

I think someone needs to start a "greatest moments in KU/MU bball history" thread. I'll start ;)

http://home.everestkc.net/rockchalk2004/ajdunk.mpg

Bwana
06-09-2007, 09:25 AM
That's gotta be either Oriental or Homosexual and I don't see no slanty eyes, Greg.

ROFL

You should look into it for yourself and or your wife. It's a great martial art that works very well and even us old bastids can do. :p I don't have time to do all the kick boxing I once did and this is less abusive to the body.

I learned it while I spent all those years in Tae Kwon Do. I was taking them both at the same time along with Judo from the same insturctor. I guess I was doing MMA before it became "the cool thing to do." If any of you have kids that you would like to have trained in a martial art that they would be able to take down an adult in a self defense situation, Hap Ki Do is a great art for that. You don't have to be superman to use it and it works very well.

FAX
06-09-2007, 09:25 AM
The cops just left.....again. It would seem they came to print the door handle of my truck and they plan to throw a bonus charge on Jr. for attempted break-in of a vehicle?? He was messing around the bushes by the side of my truck, he tried to get in to hide just before I gave him the red "death dot." He was also re-searching the area for drugs and any kind of evidence.

The cop was very grateful this morning and told me they suspect these guys in other crimes around the area. As for me, like I said, I'm getting to old for this crap. At least that's what my left shoulder is telling me today.

I, for one, am very proud of you Mr. Bwana. Few men would enter the fray risking life and limb as you did. I shall nominate you for the Roy Rogers Hall of Fame as soon as they build one.

Meanwhile, I sincerely hope you receive some public honor from the Authorities as a citizen champion of truth, justice, and hap ki do arm bars.

FAX

trndobrd
06-09-2007, 09:29 AM
ROFL

You should look into it for yourself and or your wife. It's a great martial art that works very well and even us old bastids can do. :p I don't have time to do all the kick boxing I once did and this is less abusive to the body.

I learned it while I spent all those years in Tae Kwon Do. I was taking them both at the same time along with Judo from the same insturctor. I guess I was doing MMA before it became "the cool thing to do." If any of you have kids that you would like to have trained in a martial art that they would be able to take down an adult in a self defense situation, Hap Ki Do is a great art for that. You don't have to be superman to use it and it works very well.

It's hard to find an instructor who will teach straight Hap Ki Do. They all want you to pony up for Tae Kwon Do classes first.

Bwana
06-09-2007, 09:32 AM
I just talked to the neighbor and he was totally oblivious to what went on last night. It was his house that Jr bounced off of as well. He must sleep as deep as my wife. (like dead people) In his defense, he is 90 years old and a Bronco fan, so I guess it's somewhat understandable.

Bwana
06-09-2007, 09:34 AM
It's hard to find an instructor who will teach straight Hap Ki Do. They all want you to pony up for Tae Kwon Do classes first.

You're right, but at least the Tae Kwon Do will teach people explosive kicks, which make for a good mix. Have you ever taken any Hap Ki Do?

C-Mac
06-09-2007, 09:35 AM
I just talked to the neighbor and he was totally oblivious to what went on last night. It was his house that Jr bounced off of as well. He must sleep as deep as my wife. (like dead people) In his defense, he is 90 years old and a Bronco fan, so I guess it's somewhat understandable.

Whats the odds... ROFL

Lzen
06-09-2007, 09:40 AM
That's a great story. I wish I knew some martial arts like that. I'm glad I have dogs and a gun, though. If someone tries to break into my house while I'm sleeping, they probably won't be too happy.

C-Mac
06-09-2007, 09:41 AM
You're right, but at least the Tae Kwon Do will teach people explosive kicks, which make for a good mix. Have you ever taken any Hap Ki Do?

"Forget about it"

Delano
06-09-2007, 09:44 AM
That's a great story. I wish I knew some martial arts like that. I'm glad I have dogs and a gun, though. If someone tries to break into my house while I'm sleeping, they probably won't be too happy.

All the slobber from your boxers licking them to death would make any burglar mad.

Bwana
Whats the odds... ROFL
He's an ex bronco rider / rodeo anounncer and a salty old bastard with a good sense of humor. He gets up early at least twice a year on Sundays durign football season and brings his giant donk flag over to the front of my house. The evil prick then puts it in my flag holder. There is nothing worse than getting out of bed on a Chiefs football Sunday and seeing a donk flag disgracing the front of ones house!

I counter by placing a CHIEFS bumper sticker on the back of his car. :evil:

I bought a lot of 10 of them on Ebay about 10 years ago just for that purpose.

trndobrd

Bits and pieces. A friend of mine is an instructor but lives out of town, so I haven't done any formal training. Used to do Tae Kwon Do, but I'm a little old for for that kind of stuff. I always thought Hap Ki Do was much more practical than most of the Tae Kwon Do stuff....especially in confined spaces.

Lzen
06-09-2007, 09:48 AM
All the slobber from your boxers licking them to death would make any burglar mad.

ROFL Yeah, you're probably right. Actually, they can be pretty intimidating. We were play fighting with my boxers a couple weeks ago. My brother happened to be there visiting. I get them barking at me and lunging at me and play biting, etc. He said something like "if you didn't know these dogs, that would be pretty scary". Also, they are just starting to get the little protective attitude going. Boxers are very friendly dogs, sure. But they will protect their family from danger. ;)

Bwana
06-09-2007, 09:49 AM
I always thought Hap Ki Do was much more practical than most of the Tae Kwon Do stuff....especially in confined spaces.

Other than learning explosive kicks I would agree. Hap Ki Do is a lot more practical for street and home defense if a person is only going to take one art particularly.

Lzen
06-09-2007, 09:50 AM
He's an ex bronco rider / rodeo anounncer and a salty old bastard with a good sense of humor. He gets up early at least twice a year on Sundays durign football season and brings his giant donk flag over to the front of my house. The evil prick then puts it in my flag holder. There is nothing worse than getting out of bed on a Chiefs football Sunday and seeing a donk flag disgracing the front of ones house!

I counter by placing a CHIEFS bumper sticker on the back of his car. :evil:

I bought a lot of 10 of them on Ebay about 10 years ago just for that purpose.

Hell, why not just set his flag back in his front yard and then light it on fire. :fire:

Lzen
06-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Other than learning explosive kicks I would agree. Hap Ki Do is a lot more practical for street and home defense if a person is only going to take one art particularly.

I have always wanted to try some kind of martial art. I might just have to check into this one.

siberian khatru
06-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Citizen of the Month Award goes to Bwana.

CosmicPal
06-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Great story....Glad everything worked out for you.

Bwana
06-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Hell, why not just set his flag back in his front yard and then light it on fire. :fire:

As salty as he is, he would likely be over ringing my doorbell calling be out for a donnybrook. ROFL

siberian khatru
06-09-2007, 09:57 AM
BTW, I've decided after all that I DON'T want to try to kick Bwana's ass.

FAX
06-09-2007, 09:58 AM
I think Tie Down Ho is the sort of martial art I could be good at.

FAX

siberian khatru
06-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Judging by Bwana's avatar, I'd say he's into the marshal arts.

Bwana
06-09-2007, 10:05 AM
I think Tie Down Ho is the sort of martial art I could be good at.

FAX

Although I have no doubt that that is a time tested and honorable martial art Mr. FAX, I have a feeling it has the potential of becoming one of the more expensive arts, particularly if one is married and the wife were to find out about your new "sport."

Easy 6
06-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Bwana in action!!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b2LIkkUxm4w"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b2LIkkUxm4w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:)

ROYC75
06-09-2007, 10:21 AM
It is finished........ Greg is now an American Hero. Thru all the test you have engured , car killing tree leaves piles to catching thieves, you have passed all test with flying colors and have earned the title " The Greatest American Hero ".
http://squidwranglers.files.wordpress.com/2006/05/greatest-american-hero.jpg

Seriously, Great work Wayne, err, I mean Greg ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nzoner
06-09-2007, 10:32 AM
That was a good read,great job.

Had a similar experience myself some 15 years ago only I came home to catch a punk in my own house.I didn't know any kung-fu stuff though so I just grabbed my gun,let the punk know I had one and stood at the front door(the only exit)until the cops arrived.

Bwana
06-09-2007, 10:35 AM
On a side note, I am heading over to Lowes later today and buying a few more motion lights. If not for them, no way I would have seen the guy right out of the gate that fast. I would highly recommend them for everyone. They work and work very well.

Hammock Parties
06-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Don't f*ck with Bwana.

Eleazar
06-09-2007, 02:21 PM
haha. I wonder what was going through his mind (or his pants) when he saw the red dot appear on him.

Skip Towne
06-09-2007, 02:29 PM

Welcome to the club. How old are you, Greg?

Bwana
06-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Welcome to the club. How old are you, Greg?

Kerberos
06-09-2007, 02:56 PM
WTF kind of area do you live in, anyway?

Billings Montana.....Where men are men, so are the women and sheep run scared.

:doh!:

J/K Bwana

Skip Towne
06-09-2007, 02:58 PM
You're just a pup. I turn 62 later this month.

El Jefe
06-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Both of you are just spring chickens, im clocking in at 19.

Eleazar
06-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Billings Montana.....Where men are men, so are the women and sheep run scared.

:doh!:

J/K Bwana

I would have liked to see Montana...

FAX
06-09-2007, 03:12 PM
There once was a poster named Bwana
Who saw a bad guy on his lawna
Using his strong kung fu
He went to the rescue
Then the perp asked for two large Darvona.

FAX

Bwana
06-09-2007, 03:25 PM

Yes Grasshopper!

macdawg
06-09-2007, 04:18 PM
"I hope you learned your lesson. Next time shoot him in the leg first and save yourself a lot of running around."

bwaahahahahahaha