PDA

View Full Version : John Daly's Wife = B*tch?

Buehler445
06-09-2007, 07:44 AM
I just saw on ESPN that John Daly woke up to his wife stabbing him with a steak knife?! And then he was playing golf the next day? WTF. I haven't been able to find anything but the teaser clip on ESPN. Does anybody know what was going on?

thebrad84
06-09-2007, 07:59 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=2898127

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- John Daly told authorities his wife tried stab him with a steak knife, and the golfer had red marks on his cheeks when he showed up to play Friday on the course where he lives.

Daly called police about 6 a.m. on Friday, Shelby County Sheriff's department spokesman Steve Shular said. When deputies arrived, wife Sherrie and the couple's children were not there. Deputies could not find the knife he claimed she used.

John Daly

Matthew Craig/AP Photo

John Daly had red marks on his cheeks when he arrived for Friday's St. Jude Championship.

Daly is competing this week in the Stanford St. Jude Championship on a sponsor's exemption. He was tied for eighth after the first round in which he had a triple bogey and rebounded with five straight birdies.

He did not speak with reporters, but issued a statement saying he was the "victim of an assault by my wife."

"I filed a complaint with the Shelby County Sheriff's Office. They are investigating, and I'll have no further comment on the matter while they pursue their investigation. My only concern at this point is for the safety of my children and myself," the statement said.

Daly also said he was working with local authorities and tour security for protection. He had two bodyguards with him through his round, and he went from a tie for eighth to a tie for 58th with a 4-over 74 that featured two double bogeys, five bogeys and five birdies.

He did not speak to reporters after finishing his round, which should let him play into the weekend for only the fourth time in 12 events this year.

No charges had been filed Friday afternoon, and it will be Daly's decision whether he wants that to happen, Shular said.

The 41-year-old golfer and his wife argued last night at a restaurant near the golf course, he told deputies.

Daly has won two majors -- the 1991 PGA Championship and 1995 British Open -- but his play has been overshadowed by two trips to alcohol rehab, outrageous tales of gambling losses, trashed hotel rooms and suspensions.

Daly has struggled this season. He has one top-25 finish and has made only three cuts. He has withdrawn from three other events.

Daly met Sherrie at this tournament in 2001, and they married seven weeks later. Their son, John Patrick, was born a week before she and her parents were indicted in Mississippi on charges stemming from what authorities said was a drug ring and an illegal gambling operation.

Sherrie Daly pleaded guilty in November 2004 to a charge of conspiracy to structure a transaction to evade the reporting requirement. She began serving a five-month sentence in January 2006, then filed for divorce in Shelby County on Oct. 17, 2006.

Daly filed himself a day later, then said a month later that things were on hold. Shular said police had been called to the home only once before for a false alarm in December and that Sherrie Daly had listed a Collierville address for herself.

His autobiography -- "My Life In & Out of the Rough" -- details his gambling and drinking addiction with one chapter devoted to his three former wives that was titled, "All My Exes Wear Rolexes."

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Buehler445
06-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Damn, I didn't know he was such a class act...or something.

thebrad84
06-09-2007, 08:10 AM
Being in law enforcement, this is textbook domestic battery. Physical altercation happens and one side splits before law enforcement can do anything. In Kansas, if wife were caught, she would be spending atleast one night in jail for it and would have to answer to a judge in the morning. Obviously things are different in Tennessee..

"No charges had been filed Friday afternoon, and it will be Daly's decision whether he wants that to happen, Shular said."

That's exactly what Kansas domestic laws prevent, taking the charging ability out of the victim's hands and place it upon the county courts to press charges. All too often with domestics, one side will get the crap kicked out of them, or worse, be one step away from being killed, yet, the next morning they will forgive and forget "because they love them" and nothing will get done...then rinse and repeat the cycle.

I sure hope Daly goes through with charging it, there is no reason to forgive and forget someone threatening to stab you with a knife, although that part of the story will ultimately come down to his word versus hers. Daly atleast has the proof that a physical confrontation happened with his marks, thus why would he make up the knife part...would be interested to see if the wife even has a scratch on her. Daly seems like a lot of things, some bad, but a wife beater he does not....although, who knows, alcohol will make even the best husbands do this kind of crap.

gblowfish
06-09-2007, 08:30 AM
Daly is kind of beefy, maybe she thought he was a round steak?

Deberg_1990
06-09-2007, 08:34 AM
His autobiography -- "My Life In & Out of the Rough" -- details his gambling and drinking addiction with one chapter devoted to his three former wives that was titled, "All My Exes Wear Rolexes."

Before we start calling the wife a B*tch.....

Daly doesnt exactly have a stellar track record when it comes to woman or his personal life...

chagrin
06-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Anyone ever seen pictures of her?

thebrad84
06-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Anyone ever seen pictures of her?

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/chris_lewis/01/25/sherrie.daly/p1_012506_daly_getty.jpg

Bwana
06-09-2007, 10:32 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/chris_lewis/01/25/sherrie.daly/p1_012506_daly_getty.jpg

I wouldn't mess with her. She has that, "I'm packing heat in the Ho purse, just give me a reason" look.

Sam Hall
06-09-2007, 03:19 PM
I wouldn't mess with her. She has that, "I'm packing heat in the Ho purse, just give me a reason" look.

Plus the short hair and sunglasses.

Sam Hall
06-09-2007, 03:21 PM
yikes

CoMoChief
06-09-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm not the type of guy that would hit a woman believe me, but there are some things that you must do to protect yourself. If she has a knife, I'm gonna take it a step higher and knock her block off and make sure she doesn't use the knife on me.

Coach
06-09-2007, 03:51 PM

Heh, well for whatever reason she decides to come after you, just unload your sawed-off shotgun at her.

That should do the trick. Heh.

RP_McMurphy
06-09-2007, 08:06 PM
John Daly is a fat tub of wasted human flesh. He has no redeeming qualities to the human race and should be euthanized immediately. Sad thing is he is probably at the top of the gene pool in Arkansas.

chagrin
06-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Didn't they file for divorce against one another? If not, judging by what I have heard him say on interviews and the all of the police blotter stuff, she's probably got him scared shitless. Even though it seems silly, there are guys who are just as abused as women out there. I personally don't understand how a dude could let it happen but it sure seems the case with him.

What I wonder about is WTF is getting her so pissed all the time, she's fugged up; that much anger in someone is just spooky.

Buehler445
06-09-2007, 09:18 PM
I put a question mark after the b*tch comment. I just wanted more info. Sounds like they are both a waste of space.

Phobia
06-09-2007, 10:17 PM
She either used the dullest knife on the face of the earth or Daly concocted one hell of a cover story and then used the dullest knife on the face of the earth on himself.

I've been cut worse than that by a bean bag.