PDA

View Full Version : a Gay Bomb

the Talking Can
06-09-2007, 08:36 PM
no, seriously...

Pentagon Confirms It Sought To Build A 'Gay Bomb'

Hank Plante
Reporting

(CBS 5) BERKELEY A Berkeley watchdog organization that tracks military spending said it uncovered a strange U.S. military proposal to create a hormone bomb that could purportedly turn enemy soldiers into homosexuals and make them more interested in sex than fighting.

Pentagon officials on Friday confirmed to CBS 5 that military leaders had considered, and then subsquently rejected, building the so-called "Gay Bomb."

Edward Hammond, of Berkeley's Sunshine Project, had used the Freedom of Information Act to obtain a copy of the proposal from the Air Force's Wright Laboratory in Dayton, Ohio.

As part of a military effort to develop non-lethal weapons, the proposal suggested, "One distasteful but completely non-lethal example would be strong aphrodisiacs, especially if the chemical also caused homosexual behavior."

The documents show the Air Force lab asked for $7.5 million to develop such a chemical weapon.

"The Ohio Air Force lab proposed that a bomb be developed that contained a chemical that would cause enemy soliders to become gay, and to have their units break down because all their soldiers became irresistably attractive to one another," Hammond said after reviwing the documents.

"The notion was that a chemical that would probably be pleasant in the human body in low quantities could be identified, and by virtue of either breathing or having their skin exposed to this chemical, the notion was that soliders would become gay," explained Hammond.

The Pentagon told CBS 5 that the proposal was made by the Air Force in 1994.

"The Department of Defense is committed to identifying, researching and developing non-lethal weapons that will support our men and women in uniform," said a DOD spokesperson, who indicated that the "gay bomb" idea was quickly dismissed.....

No gay soldiers, just gay bombs (http://cbs5.com/topstories/local_story_159222541.html)

KurtCobain
06-09-2007, 08:40 PM
That's gay.

listopencil
06-09-2007, 08:43 PM
The Pentagon is a hotbed of closeted homosexuals.

Tribal Warfare
06-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Honestly, they've been thinking of implementing this idea for the past 18 years

06-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Now who is going to serve in the army knowing this information? Soldiers.... "no way am I serving my country over there now"

the Talking Can
06-09-2007, 09:03 PM
wouldn't it be easier to just have Micheal Jackson parachute onto the battle field?

KurtCobain
06-09-2007, 09:05 PM
wouldn't it be easier to just have Micheal Jackson parachute onto the battle field?

These are grown men we're talking about, not little kids.

the Talking Can
06-09-2007, 09:07 PM
These are grown men we're talking about, not little kids.

right, back to the drawing board.....

gblowfish
06-09-2007, 09:19 PM
I've never seen a Gay Bomb...

But I once saw a Soy Bomb buzz past Bob Dylan on the Grammys!

blueballs
06-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Bush wants to make men gay
mess with II and you're hell bound

Valiant
06-09-2007, 10:40 PM
So they are going to be dropping leaflets of the Broncos logo???

el borracho
06-09-2007, 10:44 PM
In 1994 they made this proposal?! Unbelievable!

chagrin
06-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Well TC, I don't know your stance on homosexuality, but most lefties believe it's biological anyways, so what's the problem?

Deberg_1990
06-10-2007, 12:09 AM
The Nude Bomb??

Ultra Peanut
06-10-2007, 03:43 AM
oh really

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HTN6Du3MCgI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HTN6Du3MCgI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

the Talking Can
06-10-2007, 06:26 AM
Well TC, I don't know your stance on homosexuality, but most lefties believe it's biological anyways, so what's the problem?

no problem, I think it is funny as hell

Chief Chief
06-10-2007, 07:38 AM
I propose we test this gay bomb (and all future versions of it) on Fred Phelps and his fanatic followers..until we get it right!!

The Red Sea
06-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Billy Graham is having a huge convention locally by me here in upstate NY.
He drew in well over 10k people....those that are behind him & his visions & those protesting his BS.

The clash outside Binghamton university is simply histerical.
The Gay subject has seemed to dominate over the abortionists...pushing that group right into the river here.

If there is a gay bomb I know right where its needed this evening!!

IMO u can blow the whole damn convention area right up & the world would be a better more peaceful place!

patteeu
06-10-2007, 08:19 AM
Bush wants to make men gay
mess with II and you're hell bound

FYI, this was a Clinton-era proposal.

But this proposal makes sense in some ways if it were possible.

First of all, if you are going to try to distract the enemy with sex so that they don't perform their military duties, it's generally going to have to be gay sex because there aren't that many women on the battlefield. Most likely, the concept here was to enhance the sex drive to such a great extent that the victims wouldn't care whether they were engaging in heterosexual sex or homosexual sex. I doubt that the concept was really that the victim would "become gay" as the article suggests.

Second, if the military opposes those who are openly gay in our military on the grounds that it would be disruptive and degrade our fighting ability, it makes sense that imposing openly gay behavior on the enemy would be disruptive to them.

It is a pretty strange/funny idea though. I'm sure there've been some other pretty crazy ideas from time to time. It would be interesting to hear about more of them.

blueballs
06-10-2007, 08:48 AM
the women's barricks
friendly fire

the Talking Can
06-10-2007, 10:18 AM
I propose we test this gay bomb (and all future versions of it) on Fred Phelps and his fanatic followers..until we get it right!!

if there were a God, he would do this...

Rain Man
06-10-2007, 10:47 AM
the women's barricks
friendly fire

And there wouldn't be a single court-martial.

DJJasonp
06-10-2007, 12:11 PM
This reminds me of the old Monty Python skit where the british scientists were designing the "world's deadliest joke" to use against the Germans in world war 2.

Funny part I remember from it (paraphrasing of course)...."the joke was so lethal, each scientist was only allowed to work on one word at a time....one scientist accidentally saw two words and ended up in a coma for 6 months"

Good stuff.