PDA

View Full Version : CHIEFS pets

IA_Chiefs_fan
06-10-2007, 09:37 AM
My kids just got a new kitten and my son named him "Bowe". We already have another cat named "KC". We are a true Chiefs family! Even my 7 year old daughter points out Chiefs bumper stickers etc. with great consistency. Great kids :)

Tribal Warfare
06-10-2007, 09:40 AM
I assume that DJ or LJ will be the next pet's name :D ;)

milkman
06-10-2007, 09:44 AM
What I'd like to know is if anyone has a pet rat named Carl?

Psyko Tek
06-10-2007, 09:47 AM
my son's name is Casey
does that count?

Chief Chief
06-10-2007, 09:48 AM
We've got a pet rat named Shanahan and a pet donkey named Elway but, believe me, we are NOT a true Bronco family!

Lzen
06-10-2007, 09:49 AM
I named my cat KC. Also have a pup named Arrow (white on back of his neck is kind of like an arrowhead).

CoMoChief
06-10-2007, 10:53 AM
My kids just got a new kitten and my son named him "Bowe". We already have another cat named "KC". We are a true Chiefs family! Even my 7 year old daughter points out Chiefs bumper stickers etc. with great consistency. Great kids :)

Cats are worthless animals.

Frankie
06-10-2007, 10:58 AM
Some of you might remember the Saga of Chiefy, the baby rabbit Fariba and I brought back from death's doorway a few years ago. With considerable help from the Planeteers of course. I should have his pic somewhere. I'll post it as soon as I find it. He was really cute.

FAX
06-10-2007, 11:06 AM
My dog has an scab on his leg that oozes a disturbing, dark, viscous, and mucilaginous substance we call "Herm".

FAX

Carlota69
06-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Diggity and Dexter...Not Chief names, but they are Chiefs fans

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/4000000096bf875/1/0/7mGpvtKZ1j8jGGI5J3LxGnTS-KALaffQ.jpg (http://www.slide.com/s/VXz5OX-X7D9l3Jxyoy-L9RR5BJnQzUdP?referrer=hlnk)

wutamess
06-10-2007, 11:16 AM
:stupid:

RealSNR
06-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Damn you! Do you know what happened a few years ago when a guy named his kitten "Snoop"? :cuss:

sd4chiefs
06-10-2007, 11:43 AM
We have a cat named Casey and a dog named Barkley. Barkley was his name when we got him at the shelter.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
06-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Im still waiting for my cats "slymo" and "ryan sims" to die

any suggestions?

CoMoChief
06-10-2007, 02:01 PM
:stupid:

You throw a football like a girl.

CoMoChief
06-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Im still waiting for my cats "slymo" and "ryan sims" to die

any suggestions?

antifreeze?

Saulbadguy
06-10-2007, 02:03 PM
That's stupid.

Saulbadguy
06-10-2007, 02:04 PM
You are a worthless person.

CoMoChief
06-10-2007, 02:12 PM
You are a worthless person.
Well I guess it could be worse. I could be a KState fan.

Splat420
06-10-2007, 02:14 PM

I disagree they are great pets IMO I have had cats all my life.

IA_Chiefs_fan
06-10-2007, 02:16 PM
I do not particularly like cats but they put huge smiles on my children's faces. Therefore, I can say with certainty, you are incorrect.

CoMoChief
06-10-2007, 02:22 PM
I do not particularly like cats but they put huge smiles on my children's faces. Therefore, I can say with certainty, you are incorrect.

Then why not get a puppy? Is it just too much work with house training, etc? You can have fun with a dog for a long time. Your kids will grow out of wanting to play with the cat after finding out they can't train the damn thing to do any tricks, etc. Cats don't listen to people. They simply do whatever the hell they want.

Splat420
06-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Cats don't listen to people. They simply do whatever the hell they want.

That is because they are smarter then dogs.

CoMoChief
06-10-2007, 02:33 PM
That is because they are smarter then dogs.
yeah that makes A LOT of sense.

Splat420
06-10-2007, 02:34 PM
yeah that makes A LOT of sense.

Would you want to be trained to do tricks for people to point and lol at?

munkey
06-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Cats suck...I have 5 of them and the only thing that keeps them alive is the mice in the pasture. They're nothing more than large rats with pointed ears and fury tails.

AND they're not smart...They're assholes. Thy don't come when you call them and just lick themselves all day long.

I'll take a trick and unconditional love from a dog ANYDAY.

CoMoChief
06-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Cats suck...I have 5 of them and the only thing that keeps them alive is the mice in the pasture. They're nothing more than large rats with pointed ears and fury tails.

AND they're not smart...They're assholes. Thy don't come when you call them and just lick themselves all day long.

Amen to that.

Saulbadguy
06-10-2007, 03:02 PM
I like both dogs and cats, they both serve a good purpose. Dogs are stupid loyal and can be conditioned to do pretty much anything because they fear you. Cats can't be trained because they don't view you as a master or pack leader, but they can be conditioned NOT to do things, like staying off certain pieces of furniture, not scratching things, etc.

What I don't get is why people keep any kind of reptile as a pet. They have absolutely no love, respect, or anything for their "masters". They get used to the scent of a person but that's it.

Skip Towne
06-10-2007, 03:41 PM
I have a Magpie named Crazy Coffee.

CHENZ A!
06-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Then why not get a puppy? Is it just too much work with house training, etc? You can have fun with a dog for a long time. Your kids will grow out of wanting to play with the cat after finding out they can't train the damn thing to do any tricks, etc. Cats don't listen to people. They simply do whatever the hell they want.

I've had two different cats growing up that would fetch a toy mouse, or a wadded up ball of foil, and bring it back to me every time.

RealSNR
06-10-2007, 06:04 PM
I'd much rather have a cat. I like having an animal in the house who I can pet and remain comfortable with. Dogs are way too ****ing high-strung, especially the small ones. They slobber, smell bad, and are a hell of a lot more to take care of than cats. Daily walks, training, all that. They also do a lot more stupid stuff than cats do, like dig holes in the yard, chase shit, and eat things they shouldn't.

I don't give a shit if you can train them to do tricks. It's just more dog treats for me to buy. I'll go play with my neighbors' dog if I ever want to get my jollies from that.

All the cats I've ever owned have been friendly, respectful of my things around the house, and great friends to have. Most people who can't be around cats are usually just impatient and expect the cat to love them back unconditionally. It goes both ways. The cat will trust you if you show your trust and give it its personal space. It's really not that hard.

Phobia
06-10-2007, 06:08 PM
I had a border collie one time and it was the worst dog in the world, seriously. We had to take it out in the woods and give it lead poisoning. The dog even screwed that up. He would not die. It took 7 or 8 head shots with that old .22.

BSMac
06-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Not that this thread is about this anymore ... but I have a brown tabby named CHIEF and my mother-in-law has a siamese named BOERIGTER (which since we call it BOE could now be BOWE).

And to keep the continuity, I would have named a dog CASEY but I don't have time (or effort) for dogs.

Demonpenz
06-10-2007, 07:31 PM
i like em both. I love my dogs more but my cat has been bad ass. I have had the same simease for 19 years. Damn since I was seven. No way any dog lives that long.

Frankie
06-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Tell that to Sammy here:

Pushead2
06-11-2007, 08:49 AM
I have a Bear named Roaf. He retired too :(

Frankie
06-11-2007, 08:50 AM
I'd much rather have a cat. I like having an animal in the house who I can pet and remain comfortable with. Dogs are way too ****ing high-strung, especially the small ones. They slobber, smell bad, and are a hell of a lot more to take care of than cats. Daily walks, training, all that. They also do a lot more stupid stuff than cats do, like dig holes in the yard, chase shit, and eat things they shouldn't.

I don't give a shit if you can train them to do tricks. It's just more dog treats for me to buy. I'll go play with my neighbors' dog if I ever want to get my jollies from that.

All the cats I've ever owned have been friendly, respectful of my things around the house, and great friends to have. Most people who can't be around cats are usually just impatient and expect the cat to love them back unconditionally. It goes both ways. The cat will trust you if you show your trust and give it its personal space. It's really not that hard.
Totally correct. Took the words right out of my brain. Big rep.

ChiefsFan4Life
06-11-2007, 08:50 AM
My dog's name is Chief

Frankie
06-11-2007, 08:52 AM
I had a border collie one time and it was the worst dog in the world, seriously. We had to take it out in the woods and give it lead poisoning. The dog even screwed that up. He would not die. It took 7 or 8 head shots with that old .22.
Phobia, official Bush appointy to head The American Humane society.
:p

Splat420
06-11-2007, 08:58 AM
Most cats not all but the ones I have been around seem to be loyal to one person while a good dog will go up to any one. I like both cats and dogs I like cats better but can understand why some people would rather have a dog.

FAX
06-11-2007, 08:59 AM
i like em both. I love my dogs more but my cat has been bad ass. I have had the same simease for 19 years. Damn since I was seven. No way any dog lives that long.

Holy crap, Mr. Demonpenz. What is the lifespan of a cat, anyway? Are cat years like dog years?

When they get old, do you have to give them a little cat mobility chair? When they get in the little mobility chair do they still try and chase mice and zoom around the house like a remote controlled car from Radio Shack with a short in the remote? Do they just run over the mice and cackle gleefully as they crush the little mice bodies under the wheels? Do you have to put the mice in a blender so they can eat them?

So many questions.

FAX

Phobia
06-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Phobia, official Bush appointy to head The American Humane society.
:p

FWIW, that story isn't true. I was trying to get a rise out of CoMo.

Frankie
06-11-2007, 09:07 AM
We figured that.

Delano
06-11-2007, 09:43 AM

I don't know what is funnier. Phobia's original story or the minor detail that he tried to get a rise out of the wrong guy (CoChief).

:)

Phobia
06-11-2007, 09:59 AM
I don't know what is funnier. Phobia's original story or the minor detail that he tried to get a rise out of the wrong guy (CoChief).:)

Oh great. I'm getting too old for this MB stuff. I confuse people all the time now. I'm embarrassed.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
06-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Oh great. I'm getting too old for this MB stuff. I confuse people all the time now. I'm embarrassed.

You know, they say one of the signs that you're getting old is your short-term memory . . .

What the hell was I talking about?

Nevermind.:)

(slips back into lurkerdom)

Warrior5
06-11-2007, 10:44 AM

ROFL

Nzoner
06-11-2007, 11:02 AM

Our Siamese is 17,and still likes to play like a kitten at times but I have tell you that moan like meow they have is really starting to get bad,as she does it so much more frequently now.

morphius
06-11-2007, 11:04 AM

Odd , my cats know their name and come when called. Maybe your cats are smart enough to know you don't like them, so why show up.

Now my cats are a bit odd, but the damn lab has such horrible separation anxiety that it whines even when it is locked up in its kennel right next to you. Takes every ounce of strength I have sometimes not to just break the animals whiny head clean off.

Dog people like unconditional love and complete control over another living entity, cat people, well, just are not that needy.

seclark
06-11-2007, 11:06 AM
dogs taste better than cats. they're also easier to skin.
sec

Frankie
06-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Odd , my cats know their name and come when called. Maybe your cats are smart enough to know you don't like them, so why show up.

Now my cats are a bit odd, but the damn lab has such horrible separation anxiety that it whines even when it is locked up in its kennel right next to you. Takes every ounce of strength I have sometimes not to just break the animals whiny head clean off.

Dog people like unconditional love and complete control over another living entity, cat people, well, just are not that needy.
Another post wort a rep. :toast:

Splat420
06-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Yep nice post morphius.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2007, 12:06 PM

I don't think that is accurate at all. I like my dog over a cat for many reasons.

1. Great protector of the house and my family when I'm gone. Can't tell you how many crimes I have seen on court TV that would never happen in my house.

2. Great to train with. Mine can do a two hour run with me on a bike.

3. Doesn't shed all over the house.

4. Doesn't shit in the house leving that smell and mess in the house.

5. Absolutely loves to be with me like no cat ever would.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Another post wort a rep. :toast:

ROFL I could have told you you were a cat person before you even posted. ROFL

Dartgod
06-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Holy crap, Mr. Demonpenz. What is the lifespan of a cat, anyway? Are cat years like dog years?

When they get old, do you have to give them a little cat mobility chair? When they get in the little mobility chair do they still try and chase mice and zoom around the house like a remote controlled car from Radio Shack with a short in the remote? Do they just run over the mice and cackle gleefully as they crush the little mice bodies under the wheels? Do you have to put the mice in a blender so they can eat them?

So many questions.

FAXI thought you left? I haven't been around much lately, so I probably missed out on something.

FAX
06-11-2007, 12:17 PM
I thought you left? I haven't been around much lately, so I probably missed out on something.

I had a nocturnal visitation, Mr. Dartgod, and was commanded by the higher power to return, take my lumps, and post like a dyslexic, one-legged dwarf.

And, by golly, that's what I'm going to do.

FAX

Splat420
06-11-2007, 12:20 PM
3. Doesn't shed all over the house.

4. Doesn't shit in the house leving that smell and mess in the house.

5. Absolutely loves to be with me like no cat ever would.

Your dog maybe but I know many people that have dogs that go to the bath room in side and having been trying to train them for a long time cats learn how things work in that area a lot faster. I really have to disagree with #5 cats can being very loving pets and just as loyal as a dog my cat follows me around the house like well a lost puppy dog. They are both smart animals just in different ways I prefer cats because (Most) they are cleaner not as loud and just easier to take care of. I have know people that have had great dogs but it is a lot of work to get to that point a cat pretty much is just ready to go.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Your dog maybe but I know many people that have dogs that go to the bath room in side and having been trying to train them for a long time cats learn how things work in that area a lot faster. I really have to disagree with #5 cats can being very loving pets and just as loyal as a dog my cat follows me around the house like well a lost puppy dog. They are both smart animals just in different ways I prefer cats because (Most) they are cleaner not as loud and just easier to take care of. I have know people that have had great dogs but it is a lot of work to get to that point a cat pretty much is just ready to go.

I agree dogs take more work, no question. The end product is well worth it though. I just bought mine a treadmill. Thing is a piece of art.

Nzoner
06-11-2007, 12:25 PM

No wonder I need therapy,I'm a cat and dog person.

Dartgod
06-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Your dog maybe but I know many people that have dogs that go to the bath room in side and having been trying to train them for a long time...
I've NEVER had a problem house training a dog. If you never give the little ****ers a change to go in the house, they learn very quickly that outside is the only place to go. I can count on one hand the number of accidents both of our dogs combined have had.

Funny story. When we got our oldest dog (she's three now) she just started getting brave enough to explore the house. My wife and I both suddenly realized that she wasn't in the room with us and started calling her name. She came trotting out of the hallway that leads to the bedrooms and I noticed she had something in her mouth. She got closer and I saw that it was a turd. She had wandered into the hall and took a dump and brought it back to us to show us what she "made". I was laughing way to hard to scold her. ROFL

Splat420
06-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Maybe one reason I don't like dogs as much is because everyone I know that has a dog has a little lap dog that never stops barking and is always up in your face the whole time you are there.

Warrior5
06-11-2007, 12:31 PM
I had a nocturnal visitation, Mr. Dartgod, and was commanded by the higher power to return, take my lumps, and post like a dyslexic, one-legged dwarf.

And, by golly, that's what I'm going to do.

FAX

I'm glad you're sticking around, Mr. Dyslexic One-legged Dwarf.

jidar
06-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Have a dog named Chief and one named Tomah

morphius
06-11-2007, 12:59 PM
No wonder I need therapy,I'm a cat and dog person.
But you are an outdoor dog person, they don't live in the house with you. Correct?

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2007, 01:31 PM
But you are an outdoor dog person, they don't live in the house with you. Correct?

Wonder what your cats will do when someone tries breaking in your house.

morphius
06-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Wonder what your cats will do when someone tries breaking in your house.
Hiss and meow.

My Lab would most likely just bring them a ball to play fetch with.

Don't be bitter, there is nothing wrong with being needy, we all have issues :D