PDA

View Full Version : Say what you want about Peterson but he did a good job this offseason

chiefscafan
06-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Taking away the draft look at the three trades he's made

Not one of these guys fit into our plans

Tynes: for a conditional 7th or 7th pick?

conclusion: Well I don't know about you but while he had his good kicks alot of the time he went up there I had my fingers crossed. 7th pick not great but we got something for a guy we were probably gonna cut anyways.

Dante Hall: for a swap of 5ths in 2007 draft

conclusion: I love to remember the X factor and what he meant to this team but he hasn't been that in two years I think he's lost a step. Rams over pay for him cause they need a returner. I think we got something for a guy i'm not sure would have survived roster cuts.

Trent Green: for conditional 5th round could be 4th in 2008 draft

conclusion: I take nothing away from what he meant to this franchise but let's be honest is he the same pro bowl qb? He had problems behind our line miami's is worse. Even after him bitchn and moanin the last several weeks I still like the guy. Did carl trade a pro bowl caliber qb for a 5th? Did you see him in that indy game he has happy feet he's scared to stand in the pocket. I think we unloaded an over the hill qb who is on the down side of his career. I feel we took the dolphins for a ride. I now hope green can fool them just enough to get the required snaps for the 4th.

So i have been critical of Carl Peterson in the past like the years we needed a wr did nothing, needed a D and did nothing, and let donnie Edwards, one of my favorite players, walk; He came through this offseason.

So i gues the damn it Carl is threw at least till next offseason LOL :)

BSMac
06-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Hall was traded for a 5th and a swap of 3rds (in our favour)

... and don't forget about Ryan Sims for a conditional pick.

I'm sure this makes you even happier about CP.

Zebedee DuBois
06-10-2007, 12:28 PM
[Say what you want about Peterson ]

I think Carl desperately needs more fiber in his diet.

htismaqe
06-10-2007, 12:29 PM
The last 2 or 3 offseasons have been very solid.

milkman
06-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Carl Peterson is a pillowbiter.

He appears to have two consecutive good offseasons, but that doen't diminish the fact that he has failed to get this team a Lombadi Trophy in 18, going on 19 years.

Yay Carl!

You did a good ****in' job this offseason.

Now hurry your ass up and retire already.

I'd like to see the Chiefs in the SB again before I die.

Chieftain58
06-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Look we could be like the Detroit Lions and have a General Manager that drafts WR every year.

CosmicPal
06-10-2007, 12:56 PM
He didn't waste any time on getting a tackle to replace Black.

He's done a fine job with the past couple of drafts- a departure from his past drafts.

He's handled the Green trade beautifully.

He scored on a deal with Dante Hall who is now past his prime.

He got something for nothing on a kicker that could've easily been cut. The only thing I don't like about this, is that there's no competition in the position now.

He got something for a highly over-rated Sims. Wasn't it a conditional 5th round pick?

And I'm now sold on Herm Edwards. I wasn't crazy about Herm when CP stole him from the Jets, but you have to like what they've been doing with the team lately. He'll learn to coach the game better as he continues to improve on game-day, but aside from that- he's done a remarkable job off the field.

For the first time in a long time, I think the Chiefs have a very bright future- and that future is only a couple of years from being not only true contenders, but repeat contenders.

Bugeater
06-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Too bad they don't award trophies for offseason performances.

B_Ambuehl
06-10-2007, 01:25 PM
The trades of Hall and Green were both stupid IMO.

I really don't think Croyle can play and Green could've been a productive starter for 2 more years providing a stop-gap to find someone else in the draft. Huard had good numbers last year but most of those were against the NFC west so may have been a fluke.

Hall hasn't lost anything athletically. His blocking sucks ad teams prepare for him better but he's still good for a couple of touchdowns per year and that's a lot more then your gonna get out of any 5th round pick. Now this team doesn't have a punt returner.

ChiefsfaninPA
06-10-2007, 02:30 PM
I do believe that CP does deserve a lot of credit. But one thing you must take into account is the fact that the last two drafts also had Herm involved in them. I think sometimes he receives too much flak from us as well. If you look at the Jets team, they were pretty young and he seems to have a knack for finding a good young player with the 5-7 round picks. So maybe, just maybe it is more Herm than Carl. But I am happy either way.

KurtCobain
06-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Al Saunders for coach. Herm for GM. CP for a retirement home.

Deberg_1990
06-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Read my Signature...it says everything you need to know about CP. He has the wool pulled over outsiders eyes...

Nzoner
06-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Too bad they don't award trophies for offseason performances.

Bada Bing

unothadeal
06-10-2007, 04:34 PM
How long do you plan on living?

FAX
06-10-2007, 04:37 PM
You know, at this point Carl could perfect cold fusion, find a cure for prostate cancer, and get me a date with Salma Hayek and I'd still have problems with him. That's how deep-seated my ire has become. It's as if the Chiefs play in Ire-land.

FAX

Direckshun
06-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Ire-ish eyes are smiling, FAX.

bsp4444
06-10-2007, 05:59 PM

I really don't think Croyle can play and Green could've been a productive starter for 2 more years providing a stop-gap to find someone else in the draft. Huard had good numbers last year but most of those were against the NFC west so may have been a fluke.

Hall hasn't lost anything athletically. His blocking sucks ad teams prepare for him better but he's still good for a couple of touchdowns per year and that's a lot more then your gonna get out of any 5th round pick. Now this team doesn't have a punt returner.

Hall may not have lost anything, but if the blocking is not there, run forward and get what you can get. I got so tired of seeing all that dancing and no positive yards. I think Webb will be fine with his straight ahead style.

RealSNR
06-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Starting this year, if the Chiefs set up one last 5-year plan and it actually works this time, I'll take back every bad thing I've ever said about Carl.

Deberg_1990
06-10-2007, 06:32 PM
I really don't think Croyle can play and Green could've been a productive starter for 2 more years providing a stop-gap to find someone else in the draft.

How do you know he cant play??? Dont we at least have to give him the chance to fail first???

I for once pray that the Chiefs are finally going to give a young QB a chance to start and develop. Even if we take our lumps for a year or two while he grows, at least we would be building for something instead of staying stagnant.

Rain Man
06-10-2007, 07:10 PM
I would hope that Carl's getting better. We've been training him for 18 years.

Skip Towne
06-10-2007, 07:19 PM

He appears to have two consecutive good offseasons, but that doen't diminish the fact that he has failed to get this team a Lombadi Trophy in 18, going on 19 years.

Yay Carl!

Don't die anytime soon.

BigMeatballDave
06-10-2007, 10:27 PM

Hall hasn't lost anything athletically. His blocking sucks ad teams prepare for him better but he's still good for a couple of touchdowns per year and that's a lot more then your gonna get out of any 5th round pick. Now this team doesn't have a punt returner.Wow. This is the dumbest thing I have read in a very long time...
:rolleyes:

BigMeatballDave
06-10-2007, 10:31 PM
How do you know he cant play??? Dont we at least have to give him the chance to fail first???

I for once pray that the Chiefs are finally going to give a young QB a chance to start and develop. Even if we take our lumps for a year or two while he grows, at least we would be building for something instead of staying stagnant.I wouldn't bother, dude is obviously huffing model glue...

Logical
06-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Did he quit, nope, then he did not do a good job.

Did he replace Herm, nope, then he did not do a good job.

crazycoffey
06-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Read my Signature...it says everything you need to know about CP. He has the wool pulled over outsiders eyes...

this is the year.

BigMeatballDave
06-10-2007, 11:00 PM

Did he replace Herm, nope, then he did not do a good job.Replace Herm? I am willing to give Herm a couple more seasons before I pass judgement...

Fat Elvis
06-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Carl-

Congrats on a 6-10 season! You ROCK buddy!

Fat E

Calcountry
06-10-2007, 11:07 PM

Yay Carl!

I'd like to see the Chiefs in the SB again before I die.At age 42, I am beginning to wonder if I will ever see the Chiefs even play in a Super bowl.

crazycoffey
06-10-2007, 11:10 PM
At age 42, I am beginning to wonder if I will ever see the Chiefs even play in a Super bowl.

See post 25

Logical
06-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Replace Herm? I am willing to give Herm a couple more seasons before I pass judgement...

Your choice, the only way I would like to keep Herm is if he were to become Director of Player Personnel.

Fat Elvis
06-10-2007, 11:15 PM
At age 42, I am beginning to wonder if I will ever see the Chiefs even play in a Super bowl.

You sir, are what CARL and Co, would call "not a true fan." A true fan, by definition, watched the Chiefs play in the Superbowl IF they were alive, which you were, and feel they owe the organization a debt of gratitude.

KcMizzou
06-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Peterson's not as bad as he's made out to be. Yeah, he's had some big mistakes in his past, but he also had some big successes.

RedThat
06-11-2007, 12:39 AM

ROFL

Now this right here is funny. Words spoken out of true bitterness I see.

DenverChief
06-11-2007, 12:50 AM
[Say what you want about Peterson ]

I think Carl desperately needs more fiber in his diet.

Less carbs!

DaneMcCloud
06-11-2007, 01:57 AM
Peterson's not as bad as he's made out to be. Yeah, he's had some big mistakes in his past, but he also had some big successes.

You're almost as funny as Phil.

MadMax
06-11-2007, 04:15 AM

Did he replace Herm, nope, then he did not do a good job.

He is Re-tooling :)

Bob Dole
06-11-2007, 05:39 AM

Could you list those successes, please?

Bob Dole missed them.

Reerun_KC
06-11-2007, 06:57 AM

Your right CP has has some big successes.... Without Montana in KC, Peterson has an impressive 0-9 playoff record with the Chiefs.. 3 of thost teams were 13-3 and HFA...

Yeah Carl is a great success story for the Chiefs... ROFL

LOCOChief
06-11-2007, 07:00 AM

Yours is one of the dumbest posts I've read to date!
You don't think Croyle can play? Did you follow the SEC at all, or did you see enough of Brodie in the preseason last year to make this assessment, either way obviously you know more than Herm.
2 more years of Trent..... then what? Yeah Trent looked good vs. Indy last year didn't he. but when we need a new qb in two years according to you will there be someone there better than Croyle?

Hall has lost a step if not 2, but that would actually help if he was still a Chief because IMO if he lost two steps backwards we would have better field position (start at the 7 instead of the 5).

NFC west doesn't have NFL players? Why is it a fluke because it's in a different division?

htismaqe
06-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Yeah Carl is a great success story for the Chiefs... ROFL

Considering what the team has done since Len Dawson, yeah, Carl actually IS a success story for the Chiefs.

:shake:

chiefscafan
06-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Like I said before guys I love and respect what green did for this team while he was here, but we needed to move on. I am a long time Bama fan born there and basically born a fan of that team. Remember when DT was a freshman on special teams.

Croyle was from an option high school he didn't really throw that much ran around alot cause they had a great rb. When he got to alabama they also didn't really throw the ball that much. Then Mike Shula came and with that a major emphasis on throwing the ball. He developed his arm strength and his accuracy while at Bama.

Now a qb with a great arm and great measurables is easy to find they practically grow on trees in the NFL. But there is something you can't judge and that is heart, determination, and leadership ability. His senior season at Bama was his best he took the team I think to only two or three losses all season. Frankly it wasn't that talented of a team on offense. But he lead them in last second come from behind wins.

The next year after we drafted him that same team came back and the offense was horrible. They won because they believed in their leader brodie Croyle.

Yes chief fans we are gonna lose more than we win probably this year, unless the D is awesome, with Croyle at the helm. But as the season goes and he gets better and we do as well we will be happy we made this move. Because Croyle has the one thing that can't be measured at the Draft combine. That is the heart and drive to lead his team to victory.

milkman
06-13-2007, 07:36 PM
How long do you plan on living?

The psychic on TV says that the big Earthquake is going to hit California and make Arizona the new west coast in 2012.

Rain Man
06-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Could you list those successes, please?

Bob Dole missed them.

John Tait eventually caved on his holdout.

Tribal Warfare
06-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Considering what the team has done since Len Dawson, yeah, Carl actually IS a success story for the Chiefs.

:shake:

or how Carl likes put it a New Renaissance of Kansas City Chiefs Football ROFL LMAO ROFL

Rain Man
06-13-2007, 07:59 PM
or how Carl likes put it a New Renaissance of Kansas City Chiefs Football ROFL LMAO ROFL

Florence and Venice never got past the first round of the Renaissance.

Reerun_KC
06-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Florence and Venice never got past the first round of the Renaissance.

ROFL

Rasputin
06-13-2007, 09:17 PM
If Brodie can beet out Huard in pre season then he would have beetn out Trent aswell Huard was better that Trent last year. It's all good now and I am getting exited about this year mostly for our D that has been missing for the last 5-6 years. Peterson does a good job at listening to the coaches and gitting them the players that they want, Gunther gave him a wish list for his D and Carl got the players he wanted. Not all the player have lived up to what was expected of them (K. Bell) but our D sure turned things around and it is only to get better with Herm and Gunther. We've had sollid teams year in and year out that have been competitive with any team on any given sunday and I applaud Peterson with his efforts in trying to bring us a Championship.

Rain Man
06-13-2007, 09:25 PM
...We've had sollid teams year in and year out that have been competitive with any team on any given sunday and I applaud Peterson with his efforts in trying to bring us a Championship.

Here's me.

1989 Applaud
1990 Applaud loudly
1991 Applaud very loudly
1992 Applaud very loudly, cheer
1993 Applaud very loudly, cheer, hold up cigarette lighter
1994 Applaud very loudly, cheer
1995 Applaud very loudly
1996 Applaud loudly
1997 Applaud loudly
1998 Applaud
1999 Pretend to applaud