PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Dog

NewChief
06-10-2007, 08:07 PM
I finally watched this, and I've got to say that I was impressed. Absolutely heart wrenching story based on the true crime orchestrated by Jesse James Hollywood. The acting is superb. Justin Timberlake can actually act, and the guy that plays the nutso brother of the kidnapped kid is awesome. Anyway, it's definitely worth renting if you haven't checked it out yet.

KurtCobain
06-10-2007, 08:15 PM
I completely agree, it's an excellent movie. Looks like it should be crap, but it was put together nearly flawlessly. I loved it once I gave it a chance. However, nearly every character is a ****ing dumbass, and I couldn't believe what happened in the end.

kcchiefs12983
06-10-2007, 08:16 PM
yea i agree it was way better than i thought it was going to be

Silock
06-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Excellent flick. I enjoyed Timberlake's performance. I thought he was by FAR the best actor in the whole movie.

KcMizzou
06-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Excellent flick. I enjoyed Timberlake's performance. I thought he was by FAR the best actor in the whole movie.Totally agree. I was pleasantly surpised.

KcMizzou
06-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Totally agree. I was pleasantly surpised.Wtf happened to my name? LMAO

Silock
06-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Totally agree. I was pleasantly surpised.

I'm not sure I want to share an opinion with a nut . . .

Silock
06-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Wtf happened to my name? LMAO

LOL Someone's riding your nuts, apparently.

Or, as it were, "nut."

KcMizzou
06-10-2007, 08:29 PM
LOL Someone's riding your nuts, apparently.

Or, as it were, "nut."Been a while since I've been mod pwned.

luv
06-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Wtf happened to my name? LMAO
It's alright. We still recognize you.

Simplex3
06-10-2007, 08:37 PM
What's the over/under on how many posts before Dane shows up and tells us how he saw Timberlake in the same nail salon just the other day?

KurtCobain
06-10-2007, 09:00 PM
What's the over/under on how many posts before Dane shows up and tells us how he saw Timberlake in the same nail salon just the other day?

My girlfriend had mad canine sex with Timberlake in a hair salon just the other day...

Fire Me Boy!
06-10-2007, 09:02 PM
At what point in Alpha Dog did Justin put his dick in a box?

Simplex3
06-10-2007, 09:03 PM
My girlfriend had mad canine sex with Timberlake in a hair salon just the other day...
You should be so proud. Having been around a person who's been around a celebrity is such an honor.

NewChief
06-10-2007, 09:07 PM
I completely agree, it's an excellent movie. Looks like it should be crap, but it was put together nearly flawlessly. I loved it once I gave it a chance. However, nearly every character is a ****ing dumbass, and I couldn't believe what happened in the end.

They were absolutely all dumbasses, but I think that so many kids that age are. I think that's one of the things I liked the most about the movie. I remember being that age and doing incredibly stupid things that, if the wrong cards had fallen, could have led to dangerous or deadly situations. At that age, it was all posturing and a game in some ways, but the game can turn real very quickly. I think that was captured so well by the characters.

We see, repeatedly, that Johnny Truelove is scared to actually act when the time comes, despite his bravado and posturing. The same is true for Timberlake's character, who is really just out for a good time and is basically a good guy. Even the "stolen boy" treats it all as a game all the way up until the end. The viewer is also taken along on the same experience. All the way up until the end, I kept thinking that things might, just might, turn out okay for him. Yet, eventually, things spiral to the point that tragedy does occur, because the dumbasses have repeatedly put themselves in bad situations, surrounded themselves with similarly stupid people, and made poor decisions.

KcMizzou
06-10-2007, 10:20 PM
They were absolutely all dumbasses, but I think that so many kids that age are. I think that's one of the things I liked the most about the movie. I remember being that age and doing incredibly stupid things that, if the wrong cards had fallen, could have led to dangerous or deadly situations. At that age, it was all posturing and a game in some ways, but the game can turn real very quickly. I think that was captured so well by the characters.

We see, repeatedly, that Johnny Truelove is scared to actually act when the time comes, despite his bravado and posturing. The same is true for Timberlake's character, who is really just out for a good time and is basically a good guy. Even the "stolen boy" treats it all as a game all the way up until the end. The viewer is also taken along on the same experience. All the way up until the end, I kept thinking that things might, just might, turn out okay for him. Yet, eventually, things spiral to the point that tragedy does occur, because the dumbasses have repeatedly put themselves in bad situations, surrounded themselves with similarly stupid people, and made poor decisions.I have a friend who was a little disturbed by the movie for that very reason. He said it hit too close to home. Knowing his background, I understand... but I'm still curious.