PDA

View Full Version : Coincidence, Foreshadowing and Death

irishjayhawk
06-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Okay, so I want to get some reactions to something that has been eating away at me throughout the last week. I want to know how to take it.

Consider this your warning because I consider it to be a tad, well, deep.

Bear in mind somethings:

1) I am an atheist.
2) I love the V for Vendetta line "There are no coincidences. Only the illusion of coincidences."
3) That's all I can think of.

So here's my story (none of it made up).

Last Saturday (not yesterday) I woke up to go to work, got on the computer and heard a crash in the family room. No one else was awake or at home, if they were. I went down to investigate and found that my parent's wedding gift from my grandparents - a grandfather clock - was lying on the floor, broken. It had apparently just randomly fallen off the wall. Nothing I could do and then left for work. At work, after about 2 hours, I was sweeping my side of the projection booth at the theatre. I gently brushed the wall with my broom and another clock fell off the wall and shattered. I noted this to a co-worker that day. Anyway, the week would unfold. That night, Kelsey Smith would disappear and as we know now, be murdered. A week later - on Saturday - my grandmother who had been battling cancer passed away. Now, recall the clocks. One had been in my house, given by my grandparents; the other at work - where she worked with me. To add to it, both died on a Saturday, in the same week, both had their obituaries in the paper on the same day (today) and both have their wakes and funerals on the same day (Mon. Tues.)

Rain Man
06-10-2007, 10:27 PM
DON'T DROP YOUR WRISTWATCH. I REPEAT, DON'T DROP YOUR WRISTWATCH.

Spooky.

Pierce
That's kind of crazy. I don't know what to tell ya.

Demonpenz
I had a realitive die at 5:18 and the house they live in was building number 518....creepy

irishjayhawk
06-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Those are the three responses I thought would be first:

Comical, Unsure, Anecdotal.

Not that it's a bad thing.

Bugeater
06-10-2007, 10:30 PM
I'm glad I'm not related to you and don't know you in any way. I'm not sure if it's even a good idea to be posting in this thread.

irishjayhawk
06-10-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm glad I'm not related to you and don't know you in any way. I'm not sure if it's even a good idea to be posting in this thread.

ROFL

Wait.

:hmmm:

Rain Man
06-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Speaking of coincidences, I had two grandparents die two weeks apart, both were sudden and not overly expected, and they were both assigned to the same hospital room at that big hospital in Springfield (Cox, I think.) They were from different sides of the family (mother's father and father's mother) and didn't know each other well.

It freaked my parents out enough that they had the second one (father's mother) moved to a different room. Didn't help.

Reaper16
06-10-2007, 10:35 PM
If you get a Chiefs Planet clock somehow, we're all fooked.

listopencil
06-10-2007, 10:37 PM
All four incidents (the two clocks and the two deaths) are totally unrelated. There is no coincidence. It makes a good campfire story though, because we have evolved to look for patterns even when they don't exist.

irishjayhawk
06-10-2007, 10:39 PM
All four incidents (the two clocks and the two deaths) are totally unrelated. There is no coincidence. It makes a good campfire story though, because we have evolved to look for patterns even when they don't exist.

That's what I was gravitating towards, but it's been eating at me just out of eeriness.

Demonpenz
06-10-2007, 10:40 PM
abraham lincoln and john F kennedy had grandfather clocks

BigMeatballDave
06-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Well, I got chills...

crazycoffey
06-10-2007, 11:02 PM
Budha is mad, because Jesus was an athiest who prayed to Allah, now you are cursed to hear "forevermore" while listening to the crow and beating heart under your floor along with dreams/nightmares of having sex with your mother.

teedubya
06-10-2007, 11:27 PM
There is more on the other side than most of us want to realize. Its undefinable.

I had an instance happen to me the other day.

My wife has these 'angel' cards that have meaningful words on them, and a little illustration.

Well, one of my business partners was over at my house, and we drew some cards for inspirational purposes.

So, first one was Compassion, he drew this. Then, I being a joker, acted like Johnny Carson and put the card to my forehead. In my minds eye, I said "Birth"

turned it over, it was birth. Then, my friend thought I was ****ing around, and I told him that I wasnt joking, I was telling the truth... next card he drew, TRUTH.

I was like WTF.

So I draw another one and put it on my forehead... In my mind I see and hear love... I asked my friend if it was a good one, he said yeah, it was a good one... Turned it over... LOVE.

My friend nearly shit his pants, and I was dumbfounded.

Needless to say, we feel our business is on the right track, with some potential guardian angels along for the ride.

Nutty shit.

elvomito
06-10-2007, 11:50 PM
There is more on the other side than most of us want to realize. Its undefinable.

I had an instance happen to me the other day.

My wife has these 'angel' cards that have meaningful words on them, and a little illustration.

Well, one of my business partners was over at my house, and we drew some cards for inspirational purposes.

So, first one was Compassion, he drew this. Then, I being a joker, acted like Johnny Carson and put the card to my forehead. In my minds eye, I said "Birth"

turned it over, it was birth. Then, my friend thought I was ****ing around, and I told him that I wasnt joking, I was telling the truth... next card he drew, TRUTH.

I was like WTF.

So I draw another one and put it on my forehead... In my mind I see and hear love... I asked my friend if it was a good one, he said yeah, it was a good one... Turned it over... LOVE.

My friend nearly shit his pants, and I was dumbfounded.

Needless to say, we feel our business is on the right track, with some potential guardian angels along for the ride.

Nutty shit.
what is that, tarot cards for catholics?