PDA

View Full Version : Apple Fans' reaction to the very first iPod

Silock
06-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Man, this is hilarious!

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=500

Just goes to show that people everywhere will always complain about something!

Reaper16
06-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Sweet find ROFL

|Zach|
06-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Message board culture at its finest

crazycoffey
06-10-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm convienced that you can give people (like my wife, for one) a Gold Brick, and they would bitch about the shape....

KcMizzou
06-10-2007, 10:49 PM
LMAO

This just in from Ric Romero : "The intarweb is full of haters."

kcfanXIII
06-10-2007, 10:58 PM
We live in the YEAR 2001... not 6000 years from now when ridiculously awsome technology will exist.

Why oh why would they do this?! It's so wrong! It's so stupid!

All that hype for an MP3 player? Break-thru digital device? The Reality Distiortion Field™ is starting to warp Steve's mind if he thinks for one second that this thing is gonna take off.

i don't know who steve is, but i bet he's laughing about this right now.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-10-2007, 11:07 PM
They were off about it's popularity, but it doesn't change the fact that the Ipod is a shitty overpriced status symbol.

Deberg_1990
06-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Message board culture at its finest

I remember when the Mall of America got bombed on 9/11 : )

Miles
06-10-2007, 11:10 PM
They were off about it's popularity, but it doesn't change the fact that the Ipod is a shitty overpriced status symbol.

It may be a tad overpriced but it's a great product.

Silock
06-10-2007, 11:11 PM
shitty overpriced status symbol.

It's not shitty, but 2/3 ain't bad.

kcfanXIII
06-10-2007, 11:18 PM
its like i always say, my psp can kick your ipod's ass.

Eleazar
06-10-2007, 11:29 PM

Well, I have one. I bought a refurbished 2GB from their website for $100.

It's ok for what it does. I use it to download podcasts that I listen to while I'm exercising.

At full retail price, the Apple players are definitely not a good value. Agreed. It's prestige pricing, people think that expensive = the best.

The price on the refurb one I got was comparable to the other-branded ones I saw. I do think that the people paying $350 for the higher-end ones are on crack.

But there has always been some kind of overpriced status item you can carry with you. When I was younger it was pagers, then it got to be cellphones, then it was the iPod. Probably things like Blackberrys are going to become pervasive in that way too.

If you can come up with something that not everyone can afford that has a minor cool factor to it that people can carry around to show off, you'll make a lot of money.

Thig Lyfe
06-10-2007, 11:37 PM
i don't know who steve is, but i bet he's laughing about this right now.

Steve Jobs. The guy who's kinda in charge of Apple.

HolmeZz
06-10-2007, 11:42 PM
I love myPod.

CoMoChief
06-10-2007, 11:47 PM
I like my iPod. I have a FM transmitter for my car. Comes in handy for my CoMo to KC trips.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-11-2007, 01:02 AM
For a lesser price you could get a Creative MP3 player that has a better user interface, but lacks the pop culture zest.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-11-2007, 01:09 AM
It's not shitty, but 2/3 ain't bad.
Here is but a small list of criticisms of iPods (per wiki)

Battery life
Apple states that the 60 GB and 30 GB iPods have battery lives of "up to 20 hours" and "up to 14 hours" respectively. Many users report average battery lives of less than 8 hours, for the 30 GB video iPod.[11] In 2003, class action lawsuits were brought against Apple complaining that the battery charges lasted for shorter lengths of time than stated

Non-replaceable batteries
The battery in all iPod models cannot be removed or replaced by the user without levering the unit open. This is unusually difficult for a consumer device, although some rival products have a similar enclosed battery. Compounding this problem, Apple initially would not replace worn-out batteries. The official policy was that the customer should buy a refurbished replacement iPod, at a cost almost equivalent to a brand new iPod. This situation led to a small market for third-party battery replacement kits.
Apple announced a battery replacement program on 14 November 2003, soon after a high publicity stunt by the Neistat Brothers[14], but a week before the Neistats' website went live.[15] The initial cost for replacement was US$99,[16] but has since been lowered to US$59. One week later Apple offered an extended iPod warranty for US$59.[17] Third-party companies offer cheaper battery replacement kits which often use higher capacity batteries. For the most recent iPods, soldering tools are needed because the battery is either soldered onto the main board, with the nano, or attached to a metal backplate, on the video iPod.[18]
[edit]

Bass response
The 3rd generation iPod had a weak bass response, as shown in several audio tests.[19][20] The combination of the undersized DC blocking capacitors and the typical low impedance of most consumer headphones, form a low-frequency rejection filter, which attenuates the low-frequency bass output by up to 10 dB. The same undersized capacitors are used in the 4th and 5th generation iPods,[21] but not in the iPod shuffle. The problem is reduced when using high impedance headphones.
[edit]

Equalizer bass distortion
If the sound is enhanced with the iPod's software equalizer (EQ), many users (since 2002),[22][23] have noticed that some EQ settings – like R & B, Rock, Acoustic, and Bass Booster – can cause bass distortion too easily.
The equalizer amplifies the digital audio level beyond the software's maximum level, causing distortion (clipping) on songs that have a bass drum or use a bassy instrument, even when the amplifier output level is low. Notable song examples include Bob Sinclar's Love Generation[24] and Jem's Wish I.[25] One possible workaround is to reduce the volume level of the recorded MP3 by modifying the audio files. However, this can take several hours with a large music collection, and it cannot be done with DRM-encrypted music. Also, different tools are needed for each different file format.
Alleged worker exploitation
On 11 June 2006, the British tabloid Mail on Sunday reported that iPods are mainly manufactured by female workers who earn no more than US$50 per month.[26] The report stated that the five-story Longhua factory – which belongs to Foxconn – houses 200,000 workers, with most of them living in dormitories that house 100 people. The report also claimed that visitors are not allowed and that the plant is secured by police officers. These allegations were denied by Foxconn.[27] Apple launched an investigation into these claims which is still underway.[28]

iPod Shuffle "Green-Orange Lights of Death"
PC World was the first to report an growing issue with iPod shuffles inexplicably ceasing normal function, only to flash orange and green lights and become unmountable. [29] Apple support forum threads have reached over 500 postings on the issue, with no official acknowledgement or "fixes" from Apple. Shuffle owners within warantee simply recieve a new iPod Shuffle, but once the warantee is expired owners only option is to purchase a new product for replacement.

Hammock Parties
06-11-2007, 01:10 AM
For a lesser price you could get a Creative MP3 player that has a better user interface, but lacks the pop culture zest.

Bingooooooooo

Apple has cashed in on ignorant consumers.

DenverChief
06-11-2007, 01:34 AM

A better User interface? Comes from someone who has never used one...mine is always fully charged as it never comes out of my car/unplugged from the FM transmitter ...I got a free second Ipod nano when I bought a second laptop for my mother....

Hammock Parties
06-11-2007, 01:36 AM
The Ipod's user interface is needlessly complicated. Drag 'n Drop, thankyou.

DenverChief
06-11-2007, 01:36 AM
Bingooooooooo

Apple has cashed in on ignorant consumers.

you are a tard

|Zach|
06-11-2007, 01:47 AM
I have an ipod and love it.

Miles
06-11-2007, 02:03 AM
The Ipod's user interface is needlessly complicated. Drag 'n Drop, thankyou.

I highly prefer the iTunes interface over my previous drag and drop Creative player.

Miles
06-11-2007, 02:08 AM

I thought the same as you before I got an iPod. On paper the less expensive alternatives tend to look more attractive as well as have more features.

I had the Creative equivalent to the iPod mini before I got a Nano. The user interface and transfer method of the Nano blew away my previous player. Because of this and the ability to use podcasts, I have found myself using my new player far more than my previous one.

SPchief
06-11-2007, 02:16 AM
I got my Ipod nano not even 11 months ago. Currently it is a paperweight. Two months ago, the battery started diminishing and last month, dead. Nothing I can do but go spend $59 to replace it. No thanks, I'm going to try and to find something that will last longer than a year.

SPchief
06-11-2007, 02:18 AM
On paper the less expensive alternatives tend to look more attractive as well as have more features.

Is the battery replaceable? And if not, will it work longer than a year?

Hammock Parties
06-11-2007, 02:21 AM
$59 for a battery? Haha.

SPchief
06-11-2007, 02:22 AM
$59 for a battery? Haha.

I know. I'm now a huge doubter of Ipod. And am currently looking for something better.

SPchief
06-11-2007, 02:23 AM
$59 for a battery? Haha.

I'm guessing it's about a 1000% markup because you can't replace it yourself.

Hammock Parties
06-11-2007, 02:25 AM
I know. I'm now a huge doubter of Ipod. And am currently looking for something better.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855603827

SPchief
06-11-2007, 02:30 AM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855603827

Good stuff, but I'm not looking for a video player. I'm looking for something that I can listen to my playlists and the radio with the same player. Any suggestions?

Hammock Parties
06-11-2007, 02:32 AM
Good stuff, but I'm not looking for a video player. I'm looking for something that I can listen to my playlists and the radio with the same player. Any suggestions?

Uh...that's not a video player (although it does play video, but it's primary function is music). It also has FM radio.

SPchief
06-11-2007, 02:36 AM
Uh...that's not a video player (although it does play video, but it's primary function is music). It also has FM radio.

Nice, how about something for around $100

Hammock Parties
06-11-2007, 02:38 AM
Nice, how about something for around $100

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855603833

Miles
06-11-2007, 02:44 AM

Just get the damn battery replaced on your Nano. The price they are quiting is quite shitty but you would still have a better player than you can find for more than that.

SPchief
06-11-2007, 02:47 AM
Just get the damn battery replaced on your Nano. The price they are quiting is quite shitty but you would still have a better player than you can find for more than that.

But will I have to go through this process every 9 months?

Miles
06-11-2007, 02:56 AM

As far as I know they are like any other product that uses those types of batteries. Cell phones, mp3 platers and many digital cameras all use the same technology. The batteries usually last a long time but unfortunately in your case you got a faulty one and as you should be, you are annoyed.

SPchief
06-11-2007, 03:19 AM
As far as I know they are like any other product that uses those types of batteries. Cell phones, mp3 platers and many digital cameras all use the same technology. The batteries usually last a long time but unfortunately in your case you got a faulty one and as you should be, you are annoyed.

So I have no recourse because I received a faulty product. I have to bend over and pay the $59 because my Ipod is faulty?

Miles
06-11-2007, 03:31 AM
So I have no recourse because I received a faulty product. I have to bend over and pay the $59 because my Ipod is faulty?

It sucks, but pretty much. You could try pleading your case to their customer support and try to negotiate down the unreasonable cost of the replacement without sounding like some outraged consumer. Obviously they will have heard it all before but it could be worth a shot.

HMc
06-11-2007, 03:35 AM
I think battery failure inside 12 months is ridiculous.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-11-2007, 03:46 AM
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SDMX4-2048-A70-Player-microSD-Expansion/dp/B000ETXOC8/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/103-3740168-3885451?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1181555123&sr=8-3

2 Gigs, plays video, my techno-iffy spouse can use it w/ no problem. 99 bucks.

Battery--19 bucks.

It's also expandable via micro SD.

Silock
06-11-2007, 05:25 AM

No. I've had my Nano since they came out and no problems.

If you're that worried about it, just get the product replacement plan from Best Buy for $30.

Silock
06-11-2007, 05:31 AM
I think battery failure inside 12 months is ridiculous.

And that's why it's covered for the 1-year warranty.

Silock
06-11-2007, 05:33 AM
I thought the same as you before I got an iPod. On paper the less expensive alternatives tend to look more attractive as well as have more features.

I had the Creative equivalent to the iPod mini before I got a Nano. The user interface and transfer method of the Nano blew away my previous player. Because of this and the ability to use podcasts, I have found myself using my new player far more than my previous one.

It doesn't matter what you say, really. Haters will hate, regardless of whether or not it's a solid product.

It doesn't matter that it's the number 1 MP3 player in the world. That didn't happen because it's "trendy." Slap bracelets were trendy. Trucker hats were trendy.

The iPod has been completely dominant since its release, and it's not by accident. It's because it's a quality product. But again, haters will hate because that's what haters do. Yes, there have been issues. It's not perfect. No product is.

I suppose I should have known better even starting this thread. I should have known it would turn into an anti-iPod flame fest. It really was supposed to be about the funny retarded people on the Mac forum :(

QuikSsurfer
06-11-2007, 05:40 AM
It really was supposed to be about the funny retarded people on the Mac forum :(
i frequent the mac rumors forum.
funny thread.

Eleazar
06-11-2007, 08:03 AM
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SDMX4-2048-A70-Player-microSD-Expansion/dp/B000ETXOC8/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/103-3740168-3885451?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1181555123&sr=8-3

Battery--19 bucks.

But DaaaAAAAAaaaaddddd.... it doesn't say apple on it, and you can't get it in pink...

Saulbadguy
06-11-2007, 08:23 AM
The thread is pretty much spot on. Glorified overhyped consumer gimmicks = Apple.

Fish
06-11-2007, 09:22 AM

Battery--19 bucks.

That's a very good deal. I've got an older Sansa with SD slot, and I've been really impressed with it. I've had it 1.5 yrs with absolutely no problems. Great sound quality. Mines only a 512MB, but I've got several 2GB cards, and space is never an issue. GUI is easy to use... I had it figured out in 5 minutes without even looking at the manual. Mine gets a lot of use.

If I had to buy another MP3 player, I'd get this...

Eleazar
06-11-2007, 09:26 AM
The thread is pretty much spot on. Glorified overhyped consumer gimmicks = Apple.

I have one that I got cheap and it works for me, but I notice that people who use them don't really say anything claiming it is better than what else is out there or good for the price, just "I love it".

I think I'll probably get something else when my battery dies. I didn't realize there were other brands with more capacity for less or that other brands were expandable or had FM receivers built in too.

Armyofme
06-11-2007, 09:34 AM
I got my Ipod nano not even 11 months ago. Currently it is a paperweight. Two months ago, the battery started diminishing and last month, dead. Nothing I can do but go spend $59 to replace it. No thanks, I'm going to try and to find something that will last longer than a year.

My first thought if a product died before the warranty was over... contact the company that makes the product. Pretty simple. If you take it into an Apple Store, you will probably get a new unit on the spot. They are very good about replacing faulty products if they are under warranty.

Reaper16
06-11-2007, 10:24 AM
I prefer using iTunes over other programs, so I got an iPod. Six months ago I gave my 20 GB to my little brother and picked up an 80 GB video. I absolutely love it.

QuikSsurfer
06-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Glorified overhyped consumer gimmicks = Apple.
poor guy.
XP/Vista got ya down?

QuikSsurfer
06-11-2007, 10:32 AM
good times
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lccT1ZM5soA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lccT1ZM5soA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

jidar
06-11-2007, 10:32 AM
swap apple with chiefs and you've got chiefs planet

Time's Yours
06-11-2007, 10:46 AM

I tried that. The creatives are pieces of shit. My gf and I each got one because they appeared to give you more bang for the buck than the ipod.

Both creative units had lots of hardware problems. Creative's only response is "reformat the drive." I did it twice and every few months the same problems would come back. Creative would not fix the real issue under warranty as long as reformating the drive kept working temporarily.

We finally got sick of having to reload our entire libraries everytime we had to format the drives. We both moved on to ipods and haven't looked back. The ipods are definitely quality.

Saulbadguy
06-11-2007, 10:52 AM
I have one that I got cheap and it works for me, but I notice that people who use them don't really say anything claiming it is better than what else is out there or good for the price, just "I love it".

I think I'll probably get something else when my battery dies. I didn't realize there were other brands with more capacity for less or that other brands were expandable or had FM receivers built in too.
They are sleek, stylish, and generally work pretty good.

They are a product of superior marketing, though. When people talk about MP3 players, they talk about iPods, like it covers all of them. Sort of like Kleenex, band-aid, etc.

Saulbadguy
06-11-2007, 10:54 AM
The iPhone could take off, too. People always carry their phones around, not so much MP3 players. Why not have them combined? MP3 players, IMO, will be a thing of the past in a few years. It will be phone/mp3 players.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
06-11-2007, 11:39 AM
The iPhone could take off, too. People always carry their phones around, not so much MP3 players. Why not have them combined? MP3 players, IMO, will be a thing of the past in a few years. It will be phone/mp3 players.

until they can make an 80 or so gig capacity phone i don't see it happening.

Saulbadguy
06-11-2007, 11:43 AM
until they can make an 80 or so gig capacity phone i don't see it happening.
Psh, are you kidding me? They will be able to get there easily.

htismaqe
06-11-2007, 11:47 AM

Battery--19 bucks.

Got this for my wife:

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?pfp=SEARCH&Ntt=mp3+player&N=0&Dx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&D=mp3+player&Ntk=All&product_code=337121&Pn=Digital_MP3_Player

Simple and easy to use. It's a USB storage device, so she can drag and drop right from File Explorer without any special software. Has a built-in FM tuner and hangs on her keychain.

Silock
06-11-2007, 11:53 AM

The iPhone is way too big for me to duct tape to my arm at the gym. Any reasonably-sized device that allows internet surfing will be.

MP3 players will always have a role, especially considering the terrible battery life of any and all media phones currently out.

SithCeNtZ
06-11-2007, 12:04 PM
The iPhone is way too big for me to duct tape to my arm at the gym. Any reasonably-sized device that allows internet surfing will be.

MP3 players will always have a role, especially considering the terrible battery life of any and all media phones currently out.

?? My walkman phone can roll out 20 hours of MP3 playback...not bad at all. Saul is right, the MP3 phone is the future, as has been said for many years now. That is the only reason apple is getting into the market.

Bearcat
06-11-2007, 01:32 PM
For those who think iPods are overprice status symbols... for starters, it's supply and demand. If it was overpriced to take advantage of the initial hype or if it had major issues or if other companies could get it right, the price would have gone down by now; just like the hype of the next gaming system.

I don't see how it can be a status symbol when a shuffle costs 80 bucks and nanos start at 150... Those darn snobs listening to their music LMAO If you go to a big city where the preferred transportation is by bus or subway, everyone has one.

I've had mine for about a year and a half and haven't had any major issues. When something does go wrong, rebooting always works. I use it constantly with the iHome for sleep and an alarm clock and with an AUX input for my car.

Battery--19 bucks.

I helped someone with a SanDisk, and compared to my iPod nano I thought it was "you get what you pay for". People complain about iTunes, but I think iTunes is easier to use "out of the box" than other user interfaces, including SanDisk (however, iTunes as a player is a little questionable).

He had a 3rd of the advertised 1000 songs and it was almost full. I figured he would have to re-record the music at a lower bit rate (as I did with some of mine), but that wasn't the issue. Going into Explorer, for every media file there was a hidden file attached to it that was about the same size. We moved all of those to the harddrive, it freed up a ton of space, and everything worked... but to anyone that doesn't work with computers much, it would be a pain in the ass.

The Franchise
06-11-2007, 01:50 PM
I happen to like my Ipod. I have the speakers/docking station at work so I can listen to music....and I have an Ipod adapter on the cd player in my car. Fugg CDs!

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-11-2007, 02:44 PM
It doesn't matter what you say, really. Haters will hate, regardless of whether or not it's a solid product.

It doesn't matter that it's the number 1 MP3 player in the world. That didn't happen because it's "trendy." Slap bracelets were trendy. Trucker hats were trendy.

The iPod has been completely dominant since its release, and it's not by accident. It's because it's a quality product. But again, haters will hate because that's what haters do. Yes, there have been issues. It's not perfect. No product is.

I suppose I should have known better even starting this thread. I should have known it would turn into an anti-iPod flame fest. It really was supposed to be about the funny retarded people on the Mac forum :(

And Starbucks is the best coffee in the world, and Abercrombie makes the best clothes. :rolleyes:

And there is a difference between a fad (slap bracelets) and a trend.

morphius
06-11-2007, 02:48 PM
For those who think iPods are overprice status symbols... for starters, it's supply and demand. If it was overpriced to take advantage of the initial hype or if it had major issues or if other companies could get it right, the price would have gone down by now; just like the hype of the next gaming system.

I don't see how it can be a status symbol when a shuffle costs 80 bucks and nanos start at 150... Those darn snobs listening to their music LMAO If you go to a big city where the preferred transportation is by bus or subway, everyone has one.

I've had mine for about a year and a half and haven't had any major issues. When something does go wrong, rebooting always works. I use it constantly with the iHome for sleep and an alarm clock and with an AUX input for my car.

I helped someone with a SanDisk, and compared to my iPod nano I thought it was "you get what you pay for". People complain about iTunes, but I think iTunes is easier to use "out of the box" than other user interfaces, including SanDisk (however, iTunes as a player is a little questionable).

He had a 3rd of the advertised 1000 songs and it was almost full. I figured he would have to re-record the music at a lower bit rate (as I did with some of mine), but that wasn't the issue. Going into Explorer, for every media file there was a hidden file attached to it that was about the same size. We moved all of those to the harddrive, it freed up a ton of space, and everything worked... but to anyone that doesn't work with computers much, it would be a pain in the ass.
I haven't had any issues with my Sandisk, and I think the sound out of it is a lot better then my Nano.

Lzen
06-11-2007, 02:49 PM
I tried that. The creatives are pieces of shit. My gf and I each got one because they appeared to give you more bang for the buck than the ipod.

Both creative units had lots of hardware problems. Creative's only response is "reformat the drive." I did it twice and every few months the same problems would come back. Creative would not fix the real issue under warranty as long as reformating the drive kept working temporarily.

We finally got sick of having to reload our entire libraries everytime we had to format the drives. We both moved on to ipods and haven't looked back. The ipods are definitely quality.

Hmmmm, interesting. Now I'm curious. Tell what steps did you take to disconnect your MP3 player? What OS was on your PC?

Lzen
06-11-2007, 02:51 PM

That's what I already have. Not the iPhone, but a good quality MP3 player/phone.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/4152T7SQQ7L._SS400_.jpg

gblowfish
06-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Sometimes PC freaks have issues about Mac users.

Bearcat
06-11-2007, 04:06 PM
I haven't had any issues with my Sandisk, and I think the sound out of it is a lot better then my Nano.

I didn't notice much difference in sound, but Real Player scares me. ;)

If I could get better sound in my car I'd be set. The Aux input isn't bad (and it's much much better than through FM), but it's too soft for those days the windows are down.

Thig Lyfe
06-11-2007, 04:12 PM
My nano works for me.

headsnap
06-11-2007, 05:52 PM

Sign on to Apple ipod tech support, describe your problem and they will send you a DHL box to put your ipod in, take it to your closest OfficeMax and you will have a new ipod in less than a week!!!!

morphius
06-11-2007, 05:57 PM
I didn't notice much difference in sound, but Real Player scares me. ;)

If I could get better sound in my car I'd be set. The Aux input isn't bad (and it's much much better than through FM), but it's too soft for those days the windows are down.
I hate real player, blech. I also think Itunes is one of the better music library players. I just have been less them impressed from the sound from the nano, even with the same head phones it isn't as good. Maybe it is the lower bit rate.

morphius
06-11-2007, 06:02 PM
That's what I already have. Not the iPhone, but a good quality MP3 player/phone.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/4152T7SQQ7L._SS400_.jpg
There have been a lot of MP3/Phone players around for the last few years, definitely nothing new. Apple did finally verify that their "un-smart phone" the iPhone will not allow third party apps. They announced that it would support them, but only if the software company had a web server running the application, yeah, in other words you have to be connected to the web to run the "third party" apps. Completely lame!

listopencil
06-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Sounds like a lot of iBullshit.

Hey, check this out. I just invented it. You can use it as a weapon or as a cooking utensil. If you buy a whole bunch of them you can even use them to build a habitat! Only $129.99!

I call it the iStick. Here's a pic of one next to a disposable pen so you can get an idea of the size. Next year I'm making a smaller model for $159.99! Call 1-800-SUC-KERS to place your order.

58-4ever
06-11-2007, 07:57 PM
All I know is that I WASHED my Nano the other day, and today it charged right up and worked like new.

06-11-2007, 08:05 PM
My PSP has been great and the battery is replaceable. And no, I don't use it to play games nor have I had to replace the battery yet.

Bearcat
06-11-2007, 08:20 PM
First time I was able to read the macworld thread because of server busy errors... I didn't know the first iPod was $400 for a 5gb. That is pretty crazy, but I guess it was 6 years ago, too.

Heh...

10-23-2001, 01:53 PM #31 (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=5308&postcount=31) Normal Guy

http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/icons/icon3.gif underlying hints...
<HR style="COLOR: #bbb" SIZE=1>I agree somewhat with most of your unhappiness over iPod. It only looks like being worth $200 to myself. Something I don't think most of you are looking at. This is Apple's "Newest" attempt at entering the consumer electronics market. PDAs are also considered consumer electronics. This player is about the size of a size of a deck of cards and still boast 5Gb and new faster charging longer holding lithum-ion battery. Wouldn't these elements work well in a PDA? Hmmm. It's easy to see where Apple is headed.

DenverChief
06-11-2007, 08:25 PM
poor guy.
XP/Vista got ya down?

LMAO

QuikSsurfer
06-11-2007, 10:36 PM
<embed src="http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/mediaplayer.swf" flashvars="file=http://media.ebaumsworld.com/2007/06/the-irack.flv&displayheight=321&image=http://media.ebaumsworld.com/2007/06/the-irack.jpg" loop="false" menu="false" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="425" height="345" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />